Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Change

Code:
There's been a lot of commotion lately over shortening the offseason as much as possible, and while the changes have done a great deal of good in keeping activity alive, it's also thrown some aspects of the site a bit off-kilter in both leagues. Is it all good or bad? Is the offseason just right now? Too short? What are your opinions on the pacing changes that the site has seen lately?

I wouldn’t mind extending the offseason a bit more. I worry that the jobs on the site get too far behind with faster pace.
I also think that some offseasons used to be far too long, so I guess I’m looking for something in between what we have now and how it was before.

#GOJETSGO
[Image: pQ2EKtU.png]
S32 SHL Draft No. 1 Overall

[Image: SHLEmoteJets.png]
Max Weber || D#39 || Portland Admirals/Winnipeg Jets ||

Quote:

-[b]The SHL Head Office is currently accepting applications! Who would you like to see join HO (whether in this cycle or in the future), and why do you think they would be good for the job if they were to apply?
[/b]

Quote:- [b]There's been a lot of commotion lately over shortening the offseason as much as possible, and while the changes have done a great deal of good in keeping activity alive, it's also thrown some aspects of the site a bit off-kilter in both leagues. Is it all good or bad? Is the offseason just right now? Too short? What are your opinions on the pacing changes that the site has seen lately?[/b]

I think with the shortening of off-seasons is close to peak at the moment, even now they're just throwing leftover time at the SMJHL and we're forced to complete our tasks in 48 hours. It's getting a little silly.

Quote:-[b]HO and <a href='index.php?showuser=1352' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-8'>ArGarBarGar</a> have been working with the idea of potentially adding All-Star games and exhibition games to the SHL schedule. Should we expand our schedules? If so, how would you like to see All-Star games done on the site? What about exhibition games?[/b]

I don't think we should expand our schedules too much, but it would be fun to see a mid-season allstar break, that has a known date and players are voted in.

Quote:-[b]<a href='index.php?showuser=2585' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-59'>Mike Izzy</a> posted an interesting question in SHL media a couple of weeks ago. If you were to make an SHL Mount Rushmore, so to speak, whose (4) faces would be on it? Would your user Mount Rushmore be different than your player Mount Rushmore? (If you participated in the shorter discussion on this in the media thread, feel free to just c/p your response there in this thread or link to it. I just figured it was a question that deserved greater exposure than it got.)[/b]

Gosh, I have definitely not been here long enough to know who contributed in the golden years, but from who I know now and the only people I've experienced in my time on the site, my mount rushmore would have be consist of:

<a href='index.php?showuser=121' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-50'>teztify</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=881' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Muerto</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=1765' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-4'>Eggy216</a> and <a href='index.php?showuser=1867' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-5'>bukss_a</a>

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Beaver@Jun 4 2018, 07:29 AM
-The SHL Head Office is currently accepting applications! Who would you like to see join HO (whether in this cycle or in the future), and why do you think they would be good for the job if they were to apply?

I definitely think that <a href='index.php?showuser=2761' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Keygan</a> should be the next member of the HO because honestly SHL has been kind of tame recently it seems and promoting Keygan would be just what the doctor ordered in terms of igniting a shitstorm of epic proportions.

Well don't count your chickens before they hatch my brother.

Quote:Originally posted by Slappydoodle@Jun 2 2018, 09:09 AM

I applied for it once before. It was when they let members vote on it. Avakael beat me by one vote and has served well in the role ever since. Goes to show thw wisdom of the people.

I'd vote you in Slappy.

Quote:Originally posted by MWHazard@Jun 4 2018, 06:33 PM
Code:
There's been a lot of commotion lately over shortening the offseason as much as possible, and while the changes have done a great deal of good in keeping activity alive, it's also thrown some aspects of the site a bit off-kilter in both leagues. Is it all good or bad? Is the offseason just right now? Too short? What are your opinions on the pacing changes that the site has seen lately?

I wouldn’t mind extending the offseason a bit more. I worry that the jobs on the site get too far behind with faster pace.
I also think that some offseasons used to be far too long, so I guess I’m looking for something in between what we have now and how it was before.

I agree. From the perspective of someone with a fair amount of jobs that are affected by season scheduling, the short offseason certainly caught me off-guard. However, like you said, they used to be far too long, so I think they’re definitely taking a step in the right direction. Just have to fine-tune it now and we’ll be golden.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

Quote:Originally posted by Pris@Jun 4 2018, 05:50 PM

I agree. From the perspective of someone with a fair amount of jobs that are affected by season scheduling, the short offseason certainly caught me off-guard. However, like you said, they used to be far too long, so I think they’re definitely taking a step in the right direction. Just have to fine-tune it now and we’ll be golden.
Oh come on, we're fine. Wink

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother