Create Account

S41 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2018, 07:36 PM by Pris.)

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

Championship Week is back as the Platoon take on the Panthers in the S41 Challenge Cup Final!

Each of the following tasks will be worth 3 uncapped TPE. You can do a maximum of FIVE tasks for a total of FIFTEEN uncapped TPE. There is also a bonus question (concerning the Challenge Cup finals specifically) worth 1 uncapped TPE. Feel free to do more than five tasks, but you won't get the credit for anything over five.

[Note: All tasks that are not league-specific can be written/designed for either the SHL or the SMJHL playoffs.]

Code:
TASK ONE: We ask y’all a lot about who you THINK will win the finals for different reasons. Let’s change it up a bit. Who do you WANT to win the finals, and why? Must be at least 150 words.

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S41 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

TASK THREE: Create a poster showcasing a player who you think could have a shot at the Razov (playoff MVP). Must include at least one player render, player name, team name, team logo, and at least two sim statistics.

TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

1. lhiorwergodcudhcks
2. gdekaastkrnrein
3. knaekoganjrrro
4. groeiundmvelmeava

TASK FIVE: Design the Finals patch that goes on this season’s Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup jerseys. Must include the image of a trophy/cup and some representation of each team in the finals, and it must resemble a patch or a badge.

TASK SIX: During this season's Stanley Cup finals, we saw some pretty wild pre-game ceremonies and introductions to the games. What kind of performances do you think the two teams in the Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup finals might put on before their games? In at least 150 words, describe one of the finals pre-game ceremonies and what kind of craziness you think may have occurred.

TASK SEVEN: Design a rally towel that you might see for a fan giveaway during the Cup finals. Must include team colors, team name, team logo, and a slogan/saying.

TASK EIGHT: Design the championship banner for the S41 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name, and at least one render.

TASK NINE: Trivia! Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 for each correct answer.]

1. How many Challenge Cup Finals have the Los Angeles Panthers been to?
2. When was the last time the Panthers won the President’s Trophy?
3. On record, who holds the West Kendall Platoon single-season franchise record for regular season scoring?
4. Who was the Platoon’s last winner of the Turd Ferguson?

After last year’s experiment, I have a request. Please send me the trivia/word scramble in one combined PM if you can. It makes my life so much easier. Thanks, guys ♥

Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal? (NOTE: This question will be graded at the conclusion of the winning-game sim of the Challenge Cup Finals, even if that happens before the conclusion of Championship Week.)

Deadline: Thursday, June 28th, at 7 PM EST.

Please PM me with any questions or concerns.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

Task One:

It's a pretty fun final to have since you have to two teams that are basically cursed. On one hand you have the West Kendall Platoon, whose curse may have been tied specifically to having <a href='index.php?showuser=1157' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-8'>.bojo</a> as their GM, and on the other you have the LA Panthers. . .hard to know who to blame for that curse. Personally I think I'd have to go with the LA Panthers, just because the Platoon were rivals of the Wolfpack for so many seasons. For multiple seasons in a row we just kept on meeting in the playoffs, and while the Wolfpack tended to walk away the victors in those series it still wouldn't feel right to root for them in the playoffs. At the same time, it's really hard to be upset whatever the result - one curse ends, while the other cuts even deeper. So while I personally will be cheering on the LA Panthers in these finals, I'll still be satisfied to see the Platoon lifting the cup at series' end.

Task Two:

Task Six:

Tasks Four and Nine: Pending

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2018, 05:19 PM by Pris.)

Task One:

Well, the finals are now over, but I was cheering for the Los Angeles Panthers. They had a really strong roster (and my Russian goalie in net).... And it would have been awesome to see a Panthers banner on the site with all those bright, beautiful colors. The vibrancy of a banner for them would have been really cool, especially on the new site where it would have made such a contrast with the dark forum theme. It also would have made our loss in the conference finals sting less, seeing the team that beat us go on to win the cup. That being said, after such a long drought, I was happy to see my old friends @ej27 and @adamantium lift the cup in West Kendall. They're two of my best friends that I miss terribly from my days on that team, and I'm so, so proud of them for pulling it off and finally becoming champions.

Code:
Word count: 158.

Task Two:

Task Six: With the Kelowna Knights and the Montreal Militia in the Four Star Cup finals this year, I can only imagine how wild and awesome a pre-game ceremony might have been at either of their arenas. I'm envisioning some sort of battle scene between actors dressed in regalia for each team. On one side of the battleground, a full militia, Constitutional Army-style, with prop muskets and bayonets, soldier garb. On the other, an army of knights, dressed from head to toe in some sort of costume armor. I'd love to see how a "battle" between the two parties would play out, "modern" technology against classic techniques and weaponry. The initial charge would definitely get crowd attention, and it'd be really awesome to see, like, horses or cannons or something wild like that. Of course, the victor would depend on whose arena was home, but it would probably be a great show for the fans.

Code:
Word count: 153.

Tasks Four and Nine: Will take the average of everybody's submissions.

Cup winning goal: Sophia Bennett.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

(This post was last modified: 06-28-2018, 03:07 PM by .bojo.)

TASK ONE: Who do you WANT to win the finals, and why? Must be at least 150 words.

I'm a little biased, but I kind of wanted West Kendall to win. Call me old-fashioned, but when a man joins a team, he wants that team to win. And in order to win, you start by playing games. And in those games, goals are scored, leading to possibly more goals but not necessarily. At one point during the game there will be a goal that's all I'm saying.
I want WKP to win because after four years, it feels like the Challenge Cup doesn't actually exist. it's like some big inside joke you guys made up, or it's like the cult everybody is joining, but it looks kinda legit and you're not really sure why.
I hate it when people say people deserve to win. No they don't. You play together as a team, practice really hard, and execute your plan to the fullest. But everybody is a part of the greatest random number generator of all time, called LIFE. GSW had a 3-1 lead. ATL was up 28-3. Don't even get me STAHHHTED on the presidency.
I want WKP to win because if the site dies after the migration that means WKP will forever be the champions of the SHL, to infinite and beyond - gandalf

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S41 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

My choice for unsung hero of the latest simulated hockey goodness is going to easily be Stinkywink Dupoopoo. I'm pretty sure I spelled it wrong, but I tell yeah that kid has got spunk. Despite being less talented than a hungry racoon banging the keyboard on a create a player screen, Stinko still manages a roster spot. Dude comes in the clutch.
Scouts rate him at a 59 overall, but if you suck up to the teacher enough he'll give you those extra points needed to avoid seeing him next year. lets look at what he does best, which if you believe in numbers (open your eyes, sheeple) then Dupoopoo rocks it at 70. Not even the lowest defense on the team, edging out the rock obama on the fifth line.
Imagine for a second that it's the day after the finals. In my psychic research I have determined that Stinky played a total of 9 minutes in the playoffs. Sure, he has 0's across the board in things like goals, assists, and life expectancy, but let me ask you this: How many minutes did you play in game 7 of the these SHL finals, excluding teams with kitties on their jerseys. Did your answer look like a big fat donut that you ate crying yourself to sleep because you got knocked out already? I'm gonna assume yes, don't correct me if I'm wrong.

TASK FOUR: PM'd

TASK SIX: During this season's Stanley Cup finals, we saw some pretty wild pre-game ceremonies and introductions to the games. What kind of performances do you think the two teams in the Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup finals might put on before their games? In at least 150 words, describe one of the finals pre-game ceremonies and what kind of craziness you think may have occurred.

In game 6 of the West Kendall finals I already have it planned and set up for the greatest show on Mars. It starts off with some poor homeless kid trying to walk across the other side of the ice, but then realizes he's locked in and has to dance. visibly confused he starts asking for money and crying. That's when we unleash an actual panther onto the ice. We contacted the people at PETA about this and they are absolutely furious. But we steal one anyway. So now you got this scared little kid and a panther struggling to run as they play cat and homeless mouse, and the audience is in tears.
That's when Team America's theme song starts playing, and then danny devito with an eagle mask skates out onto the ice. He's holding a sword that's way too big for him, but it'll tear up some ankles if you're not careful. Then 69 cheerleaders jump over the boards and posed with the injured panther, fireworks shoot off, slappydoodle is posing butt naked behind it all for some reason, and the the teams come out onto the ice skating over the blood.

TASK NINE: PM'd

Bonus: Alex Light scores CWG

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Holding places.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

TASK 2: It is my humble opinion that the goaltender for the Los Angeles Panthers Evgueni Marmeladov is the unsung hero of the playoffs so far. Los Angeles is a pretty good team but there's no way they would have been able to beat Winnipeg without Marmeledov's incredible play. There were games in that series where Marmeledov stole the victory and surprised everyone, he's probably the MVP if Los Angeles wins the cup. He was also great in round 1 against Edmonton helping Los Angeles come back and win the series in exciting fashion after being down 3-1. So far in the playoffs through the first 2 rounds he has a solid 2.98 goals against average and a strong .905 save percentage with an impressive 2 shutouts. I feel he's played even better than those numbers suggest though, he's won two game sevens also. Marmeledov is definitely an unsung hero and difference maker in these playoffs.

TASK 4: Pm'd

TASK 5:

[Image: t_ASK_8.jpg]

TASK 7:

[Image: image.jpg]

TASK 8:

[Image: WKP.jpg]

Bonus: Max Wachter

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

TASK ONE

This is a no brainer. Of course I want the Platoon to win the Challenge Cup, mostly because I'm on the team. But beyond that, there's a lot at stake for this Platoon team. There's a nearly 40-year Cup drought on the line for the West Kendall Platoon and there's almost nothing more satisfying than breaking a drought like that. Curse-killing is an amazing part of the game and that's a massive reason I want to see the Platoon win the Cup. There's a lot of folks that I like on this West Kendall team that I want to see win a cup. Bojo. Arty. EJ. Leafer. There's so many people who've been waiting a long time for this.

More selfishly, I wanna see that little cup underneath my name on the forum. It's a badge of honor, a sign that the sim decided it liked you better that day over the other team. And I want that damn badge underneath my name.

TASK TWO

As much as I’d like to say me, I can’t say me.

So I’m going with Evgueni Marmeladov, the netminder from the Los Angeles Panthers. As much offensive help as he had throughout these playoffs, the Panthers wouldn’t have made it nearly as far as they did without the netminding help from Marmeladov. He finished the S41 playoffs with a .907 SV% across 21 games, and though it would be hoped that he would keep a GAA under 3 (he finished with a 3.09), Marmeladov also faced nearly 100 more shots across the post-season than his opposing netminder Biscuit. He finished first in nearly every stat among netmidners by the end of the playoffs, losing only by one in wins.

There’s no reason Marmeladov shouldn’t be considered the unsung hero of the playoffs, and honestly, he should win the Anton Razov. There isn’t a doubt in my mind that Marmeladov isn’t the most valuable player of this post-season.

TASK FOUR

Sent.

TASK SIX

The West Kendall Platoon opening ceremonies are about as crazy as you’d hope they would be. Folks dressed up as soldiers skating around the ice before the game, the American National Anthem blaring so loudly that the children in the front row might have minor hearing damage, the entire American Airlines Center lit up in red, white, and blue. Then a few cannons firing off just for the hell of it.

Maybe an on-ice show in which those same soldiers engage in a friendly hunt, taking down a few unpaid interns dressed in mascot costumes that look juuuuust enough like the LAP mascots but not so much that they can sue us over it. Proudly displaying their big game hunt before finishing everything off with a few more cannon firings, just in case the first five or six weren’t loud enough to blow your eardrums out. Either way, the West Kendall pre-game show would be good and wild and angry. That’s the Platoon way.

TASK NINE

Sent.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

TASK TWO
At the conclusion of these playoffs, my unsung hero is rookie defenseman Danny Mete. Whilst not being the highest point scorer on a deep West Kendall Team. During the 3 playoffs series he was able to play his style of game and put the body to it and lay out 37 hits and blocking 26 as well, numbers that are close to some of the longest tenured veterans in the game today. Furthermore, Mete and his line partner, Brokstad, led defensemen in +/-, showcasing their ability to make a difference at both ends of the ice. Mete was a bit more invisible in the Cup Finals but shone against the Hamilton Steelhawks in the conference finals, shutting down their lines and contributing 2 goals and an assist in the 6 games in spite of only playing an average of 15.67 minutes per game. With a veteran group of defensemen ahead of him, he showed he belonged right with them in the most important time of the season.

TASK FOUR
PM Sent

TASK SIX

During the pregame ceremony for Game 3 of the Cup Finals, the West Kendall Platoon surprised the crowd by having 2 eagles fly around the arena during the singing of the national anthem. Everyone singing and the eagles flying around, everything seemed to be in place for a magical playoffs night. That is until the team mascot, Eagle Eye came onto the ice to hype up the crowd. The eagles got spooked and lunged straight at the mascot, thinking it was a threat. It took the better part of 15 minutes for the handlers to get the birds off the poor intern in the suit and take them out of the arena. Fortunately, the suit was thick enough that he was able to escape with a few claw scratches and peck bruises. After this episode, the Platoon management decided that we would not see eagles fly indoors in a crowded environment again.

TASK NINE
PM Sent

Bonus: Dionyz Vyskoc to score the cup winning goal.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Bonus: Max Watcher

TASK ONE: We ask y’all a lot about who you THINK will win the finals for different reasons. Let’s change it up a bit. Who do you WANT to win the finals, and why? Must be at least 150 words.

While being down 2-0 does not look the greatest for the West Kendall Platoon's Challenge Cup aspirations right now, you didn't ask who we thought would win the cup, you asked us who we want to win. My answer is the West Kendall Platoon. There are a few Whalers alumni in West Kendall who are already regressing and I really think deserve their day with the cup. Those players are Jon Ross and Ludwig Koch Schroder.

Ross was captain of the Whalers when I first joined the SMJHL and took me under his wing, I learned a lot from him and really hope him and his team mates can end the very long drought in South Florida.

Schroder and myself come from the same draft class and the amount of work he puts in on and off the ice are second to none, he's a first class defender who has bounced around the league a bit before finally finding a home in West Kendall. Another very deserving player.

168 words

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S40 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

The unsung hero of the S41 playoffs in my opinion is the leading point getter left in the playoffs, Mikko Linna, with 20 points in 19 games played to date.

Linna is clearly contributing at both ends of the ice as well sitting at a pretty +16, playing a little over 24 minutes per night. Quite a feat for an aging star. Despite her age, Linna is showing the league what she can do and is leading the way for her team this playoffs, proving you don't always have to be a young pup to get it done when it matters the most.

The league reporters have been fairly quite about her success so far and it seems like she is getting forgotten about while the focus is on some of her younger team mates, this may be letting Linna lay back and play the game she wants and the reason I chose her as unsung hero.

157 words

TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

PM’d

While it's hard to say for sure what a team (that you have never been on) pre-game rituals may be, I have been on a couple different teams which have made the finals and they shared these rituals. So possibly every team might have some variation of the following:

1) Early team supper before each game. Finishing no later than 7pm so everyone has time to make it home or to the hotel for a good rest.

2) Rookies get dirty laundry duty (pretty self explanatory.)

3) Captain is the DJ in the locker room from start of the finals to the finish

4) Share your perks if you got any perks

Again, I am not 100% sure that West Kendall Platoon or the Los Angeles Panthers actually follow all these rituals but I'm willing to bet each team practices at least one or two of these things when the finals roll around.

153 words

TASK NINE: Trivia! Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 for each correct answer.]

PM’d

Code:
That's an easy one for me. I definitely cheer for the West Kendall Platoon in these finals but I am happy for both teams to be in the finals and potentially win a Cup. The reason as for why I cheer for the Platoon is that they have the longest drought of not winning a Challenge Cup in the SHL. I believe the next longest drought is actually Los Angeles and then the expansion teams. Also West Kendall has a lot of people on the team that I like. Bojo did a lot for the site and him finally winning a Cup would be a great thing in my eyes. Zoone is one of the people that I like the most here so I definitely want him to win a Cup too. It's just a tad sad that Bojo won't win the Cup as a GM. Also West Kendall kicked out Buffalo out of the playoffs so getting eliminated by the Cup winner wouldn't make the loss as bad.
Code:
TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S40 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.
Probably not a real unsung hero but my choice here is Maximilian Wächter. Just in general a leader on the ice for Los Angeles who is leading by example. He is also the oldest player in the S41 finals. Even though he is the oldest on the ice he can definitely still keep up with everyone proven by the fact that he scored 5 goals and 13 assists prior to the finals. He also has the most game winning goals which proves that he is a very clutch player that is actually very physical leading the Panthers in points. Wächter also leads his team in terms of plus minus which proves his value on the ice for the Panthers.Also while Wächter plays a great physical game it doesn't his team in terms of Penalty Minutes since he is barely getting any at all. He currently sits at only 2 Penalty Minutes which proves his discipline.
Code:
TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer
PM Sent
Code:
Since some of the finals games will be played in Los Angeles I expect the Panthers to do some pre game performance including some singers that live in California. Other than that maybe some really special effects stuff since the film studios are not that far away from the Panthers arena. While there is some crazy special effect stuff going on you either have some famous Cali rapper doing a performance or just some DJ doing his magic in the arena. For the West Kendall pre game performances I can see them inviting a standup comedian who will just do his show for like 10 minutes and it will only have bad buns to honor the previous Platoon GM. Pushkin will make an appearance and claw the eyes out of a panther or just attack something that will be symbolize the Los Angeles team. They will let a bald eagle fly around for a while and then start the anthem.

Code:
TASK NINE: Trivia! Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread.

PM Sent

Bonus question: Dionýz Vyskoč

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

It would be silly to not say I want the Los Angeles Panthers to win. It’s been over 20 season since the Panthers have brought the challenge cup home and have gone through many seasons of struggles. I want the Panthers to win because they have worked really hard and were disappointed after their last meeting in the finals against the Minnesota Chiefs where they lost. The next season the Panthers missed the playoffs and promised they would be back and now they are in the finals once again. They were the underdogs going into the second round against the Winnipeg Jets and everyone likes a good underdog story. I would also be happy if West Kendall brings home a cup they have a lot of great guys and a great locker room. However I would be a lot happier if the Panthers and Bennett could bring home the cup and take game 7 at home. It will be a tough one but at this point anything is possible.
Code:
170 Words
My choice for the playoff unsung hero is their goaltender Evgueni Marmeladov, it is his first season as the Los Angeles Panthers starting net minder. Right from the start of the season he made a huge impact, not only on the ice but in the locker room as well. He built trust in his teammates and they made a promise they would be back in the playoffs. The reason why I chose him is this is his first playoffs and he sure made a name for himself, in 14 games played he has 8 wins and 6 losses with a 0.905 and a 2.98 GAA. He was able to help the team get passed the Edmonton Blizzard and then a huge upset against the Winnipeg Jets. One of the most impressive stats that Marmy accomplished in the playoffs was his 2 shutouts. Something I think he will never forget. Hopefully the Panthers are able to bring a cup home for this young goaltender.
Code:
163Words
TASK SEVEN: Design a rally towel that you might see for a fan giveaway during the Cup finals. Must include team colors, team name, team logo, and a slogan/saying.
[Image: KxxffQW.png]

TASK NINE: Trivia! Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread.
-DONE

TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread.
-DONE

Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal? Matthew Auston

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

TASK ONE

This is a tough decision. Neither team has won the Challenge Cup in a long time, and if I were inclined to pick based on who hasn't won it longer, I would go for the Platoon, who have not won the Cup since Season 7 compared to the Los Angeles Panthers' shorter drought since Season 17.

However, I have more personal connections to the LA Panthers through Jean-Luc Reflieux, who has been a wonderful alumni presence in my time in the minors with Halifax, among others who I will probably forget to name. For that reason, I am rooting for the Panthers to win the Challenge Cup, though with the bonus, you'll notice I'm hedging my bets.

The Panthers have also had recent and recent enough success to make the Challenge Cup Finals, yet not capture the title. The last time they made this stage, in Season 39, it had been 15 seasons since their last conference title. With a group that took a season off to rebuild and recuperate from the loss of their cornerstone goaltender, Timo Haas, and has since passed the torch on to other leaders, it's wonderful to see a lot of them get this new chance at the Cup.

TASK TWO

Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S41 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

The LA Panthers' new rookie forward, Joshua Woodcroft, has been quite impressive so far these playoffs. Other teammates on his line, Wachter and Reflieux, have garnered more accolades as the Panthers' powerful one-two on the second line, though Woodcroft has put up in his own right.

With 5 goals and 5 assists for 10 points in 14 playoff games, including one game-winning goal, he's benefited from his more decorated line-mates and benefited them in return, as well. His 17.86% shooting so far these playoffs is second on the team to Yuri Boyka, Jr., the club's scoring leader this postseason. His +8 mark shows he's helped the team plenty with his presence on the ice during full-strength minutes, as well.

I look for him to continue at least supporting Wachter and Reflieux in the second line. West Kendall's defensive play will have a lot to answer for in the coming series against such depth.

TASK FOUR

Sent over PM

TASK SIX

For the Panthers, especially with the eagle mascot the Platoon have going, I envision the mood setting with some intense drum rhythms as LA has their mascot imitating a real-life panther on the prowl. They bring out a ridiculous caricature costume that looks like it could pass for a chicken to really stick it to West Kendall and make it seem like they are vulnerable prey all the more. On the jumbotron, they show past matchups which ended in their favor.

The Panthers' journey through the Edmonton Blizzard, and though somewhat frosty, come out on the other side victorious and with wolf pelts in hand. Next, they tame the skies, having a seat in an anti-aircraft cannon and going to town before the Jets blow out of the sky and a lonely pilot can be seen as a silhouette in the light of the explosion of his plane.

The Panther mascot seems confused.

"This is it? This is who they sent as the final challenge? To be quite frank, the other two were a lot more formidable. They send wolves, snow storms, fighter jets and stealth bombers after me...and now, instead of an equal predator, they send prey?" The Panther then plucks the eagle/chicken head off and lets it drop to the ground, cleverly hiding the wearer's head to not give away the staffer inside.

"I suppose we'll just have to drink chicken blood from the Cup, then. What do you think, LA!?"

The fans blow up in cheers as the stage is almost set for the teams to enter the ice.

TASK NINE

Sent over PM

BONUS: Alex Light scores the Cup winner

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

Im on Kelwona so OBVIOUSLY I want Kelowna to win the 4 star cup back to back. But that doesn’t mean I don’t want keygan and montreal to win. This season’s 4 star cup sucks because Im apart of both locker rooms and I like both teams. Ultamatly I do have to side with my own team because it is my team. I want another 4 star cup and I want to defend my playoff mvp. Although that appears to be going to Iam Essellemm because he led the team in goals and points. I also feel like Kelowna is just a better team overall. We have 3 solid lines and playoff experience plus some insane scorers and probably the best first line in the SMJHL in the past few seasons. Kelowna’s first line is a huge part of their playoff success and it shows in the way they play. It is good to rely on the first line that way.
Words 161

Well I am going to pick myself for this. Jacob Dorty was pretty solid. If Iam Essellemm didn’t play very well like he did, Im pretty sure I would win the playoff mvp again. The main thing about it is that I did not score as many goals. I had 4 goals and 14 assists which total to 18 points total. 4 points less of the leading scorer on the team but 3rd in the smjhl. Will I even be considered for any awards? Probably not because our goalies have been great. I am the hero Kelowna needs, not the one Kelowna deserves. Jokes and shit aside, I feel like I deserve a reasonable amount of credit for being at the top 2 championships in a row. Not many players are able to do that consistently. Plus it is my last year in the smjhl and everyone on my team hate me so I am the unsung hero.
Word 158

So in Kelowna what we do before our games is we have a car. Similar to the Nashville Predators where we let people take a sledgehammer to it before games outside our stadium. The primary difference between us and the Nashville predators is that we leave the engine and stuff inside of it so there is a chance that natural selection can take out some of our special needs fans. Don’t worry we make people sign a forum before they are able to get within a 10 foot radius for safety purposes. And if it still drives we take it onto the ice if it wont damage it and then all the starting lineup takes shots at it. And towards the end of warmup all the starting lineup urinates on the car and the owners who we kidnapped and put inside of the car. Don’t worry they are gauged so usually it doesn’t go into their map.
Words 157

Other things are pmd to you

Hold

Game winning goal Sophia Bennett

[Image: thedangazone.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2018, 06:20 PM by DrunkenTeddy.)

Quote:TASK ONE: We ask y’all a lot about who you THINK will win the finals for different reasons. Let’s change it up a bit. Who do you WANT to win the finals, and why? Must be at least 150 words.
The finals are over as I write this but I really wanted WKP to win. It's been a really long drought with them and I have a lot of friends on that team with guys like Adam, JR, Allegiant, Wongy, Hoov, Rabid, Zoone, and others that I know really well, of course I'm going to wish them well. That being said I do have some friends on LAP like Sophia, Glyc, and a few others, but I just have stronger connections with the WKP folks. So I was pretty happy for them to win. I would probably have been okay with LAP just because I would have liked the color teal on the forum.  I think it would have worked well on the light and dark skin whereas it's really hard to incorporate WKP's colors when they are so bloody dark. I kinda like the idea behind their logo and jerseys but the colors just don't pop to me. They are just too dark.

Quote:TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S40 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.
My unsung hero of the S40 playoffs eh? I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you're looking for my unsung hero of the S41 playoffs. I would have to say it was Jon Ross of the West Kendall Platoon. He only had 14 points through the playoffs but he played 23 minutes a game , got a game winning goal, and played stellar defensively. He ended up being a +8 in the playoffs while a lot of the team actually ended the playoffs in the negatives. Now not only was he great on the ice, but JR is the GM of WKP. Some would say most of the credit goes to Bojo for getting a lot of this team together, but JR definitely had his work cut out for him, narrowly making it to the finals and narrowly making it through them. I think on paper WKP was the better team but JR put them over the top.

Quote:TASK SIX: During this season's Stanley Cup finals, we saw some pretty wild pre-game ceremonies and introductions to the games. What kind of performances do you think the two teams in the Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup finals might put on before their games? In at least 150 words, describe one of the finals pre-game ceremonies and what kind of craziness you think may have occurred.
Pretty sure that WKP's pre-game show would involve a projection of internet memes onto the ice. They would just play a ton of gifs where the faces are covered by the team logos and the wkp logo guy would be beating up the LAP logo guy. It's pretty much the most bojo thing I could imagine for a pre-game ceremony. I think to top it off instead of singing the national anthem some dad would walk out and tell dad jokes for like 30 minutes. The crowd would of course love it, cause every single person in miami is old and clearly a dad. Those who aren't dads would just have to suffer through it like a champ. Then of course the WKP team would skate out wearing bird heads or some kind and peck at the ice where there would presumably be a whole ton of bird seed. The cleanup may take a bit but the confusion it sets in for LAP is worth it.

Quote:TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]
PM sent

Quote:TASK NINE: Trivia! Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 for each correct answer.]
PM sent

Quote:Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal? (NOTE: This question will be graded at the conclusion of the winning-game sim of the Challenge Cup Finals, even if that happens before the conclusion of Championship Week.)
Trevor Wilson

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]