Create Account

S41 Championship Week

TASK ONE: We ask y’all a lot about who you THINK will win the finals for different reasons. Let’s change it up a bit. Who do you WANT to win the finals, and why? Must be at least 150 words.

The team I wanted to win the finals the most were the Texas Renegades. Why did I want them to win? Easy, I am on their team. More than that, we have a lot of heart. Every day I get messages telling me how awesome I am, I read messages of encouragement between other team mates and even former team mates! Every day is a great day to be a Renegade. Beyond that, we should have won the cup because who doesn't love an underdog? I know I do. Finishing nearly last in the league-wide standings and then somehow going on to win the Challenge Cup is quite the feat especially since we didn't earn ourselves a playoff berth! We also have the best and hottest new look in the league with a fucking awesome new logo! In summary, the Texas Renegades should have won the Challenge Cup for S41 no question.
Code:
152 words

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S40 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support. 

My choice for unsung hero of the S41 playoffs is, as ever, Fedor Shirobokov of the Minnesota Chiefs. I have a lot of problems with the Minnesota Chiefs of late, and plenty to turn on the entire team for unrelated reasons, but I will always be a Fedor Shirobokov supporter and fan. Fedor Shirobokov does all of the little things right. On a stacked Minnesota D corps, Shirobokov plays on the third line still! Earning 26% of their ice time amounting to 18 minutes a game, he still puts up a very good 0.56 p/20! Aside from his respectable offensive talents, he is very strong defensively as he blocked 12 shots in 6 games this post season, good enough for second on the team with 5 fewer minutes played per game. The only thing holding him back is his linemate Hämäläinen. If not for an anchor on his line he does not end up with a -4. Truly Minnesota is misusing one of the most underrated defenseman in the league.
Code:
170 words

TASK FOUR: Done

TASK SIX: During this season's Stanley Cup finals, we saw some pretty wild pre-game ceremonies and introductions to the games. What kind of performances do you think the two teams in the Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup finals might put on before their games? In at least 150 words, describe one of the finals pre-game ceremonies and what kind of craziness you think may have occurred.

During the game four pregame show, I know for a FACT I saw Los Angeles Panthers Maximilian Wachter and Jean-Luc Reflieux holding hands and dancing in the tunnel. During the anthem I saw them reaching for each other, barely touching finger tips. It was decidedly not an intimate thing, clearly it was friendship, but it still caught my eye and made me think "What the fuck". 

During the anthems I could hear West Kendall Platoon's Cam Ouellette humming in monotone. The note was incredibly deep, rumbling throughout the stands, dissonant to the melody of the anthems. I swear no one else in the stadium even noticed his throat bulging from his neck, shaking violently with incredible vocal force. Why isn't this event on the news!? Does no one pay attention to these things? 

Clint Eastwood said he heard it too, but that guy is such a yes-man I don't believe anything he ever says. 
Code:
154 words

TASK NINE: Done

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]
[Image: duderino.gif]

Clint Eastwood, Jun 10 2018,  09:36 AM Wrote:Can't buy love, but love can buy a lot.

Task 1:

I wanted the Los Angeles Panthers to win. Both teams had a long cup drought entering the season, but Los Angeles is a team that’s been so close in recent memory, and I really bad for Shane and them when they came that close only to miss out again. It also kind of reminds you how hard it is to win cups in this league. Playoffs are a slog that end in defeat for seven teams that showed their mettle during the regular season. I wanted to see LAP finally come out on top. They had a really strong season and in some ways I can relate relate to feeling hard done by the sim when it seems like you’ve done everything right to get to that point. There’s always another season, but I really thought that this was LAP’s year. You only get so many opportunities before having to start again.

Task 4 and 9 submitted.

#GOJETSGO
[Image: pQ2EKtU.png]
S32 SHL Draft No. 1 Overall

[Image: SHLEmoteJets.png]
Max Weber || D#39 || Portland Admirals/Winnipeg Jets ||
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2018, 06:57 PM by Clint Eastwood.)

Task One

I would like to see the Platoon win it all. The Platoon have always had a solid team and to see them finally do it would be great to see. They have tried and tried and tried and tried and failed and failed and failed. They are the SHL's version of the Washington Capitals. They won a championship back when their team was run by a sex offender and no one on this site besides maybe Ace or Leafs4Ever remember that. Taller the mountain, sweeter the victory they say and this victory would taste like a cinnamon bear claw on a cold day in the middle of winter. I have a few people I like on the team as well such as Leafer (kind of), EJ, and others. Apart from that, there are people I dislike on LAP and I would like nothing more, but for them to suffer in bitter pain yet again. Although Sophia Bennet is great and I wish she could win a cup without being on that team.

Task Two

My unsung hero would be Evgeni Marmalodov. He leads the playoffs in save PCT with a .907 and a GAA with 3.08. This man was a brick motherfucking wall I tell you. The Los Angeles Panthers of Anaheim are known for their amazing ability of scoring and mostly known for making sigs, but on the ice for their scoring ability. Sophia Bennet, Maxamo Wachter, Jean-Luke Refleiux, etc. The goalie was looked down upon for being too inexperienced, not ready for the big leagues, still an attitude problem. He overcame the barriers and has been the defensive brick wall behind every puck, body, and beer that comes his way. He was traded for a 4th round pick back in S36 when the Los Angeles Panthers of Anaheim stole him from San Francisco Pride and he has been the big guy behind the success of the Los Angeles Panthers of Anaheim and will continue to do so in the finals.

Task Four is done

Task Nine is done

Task Six

Pregame ceremonies have to be the worst thing in hockey as we don't need a fucking broadway show before every hockey game, but they're going to happen nevertheless. As the Los Angeles Panthers are themed by . . . . . . Panthers then I imagine that there will be a Panther head incoming from the rafters. Each player will then ride a panther, tiger, lion, mountain lion, cougar (human version or animal version) and come through the head. It'll get the Los Angeles crowd fired up and ready to go and cheer their team on. The uncanny nature of the playoff crowd will be never before experience for all the players, coaches, and other shits involved. I believe the Platoon will do some lame ass ceremony where each player walks down a soldier to center ice and they form a circle that supports the army. Then they'd start a chant: "Move to Miami" "Move to Miami" "Move to Miami." Anything else I'd like to see is a reenactment of Romeo and Juliet or have Leafer Reilly do the speech from Rocky.

Task Four: PM'd

Task Nine: PM'd

Task Seven: [Image: WKP1.png]