Create Account

Tentative Offseason Schedule
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2018, 09:59 AM by Eggy216.)

Hello everyone! With the offseason coming up quickly, we've got an offseason schedule for you all. Why are we posting this before the offseason? Because things are going to be going differently than usual, and we want everyone to be prepared.

Notably, we're going to have to basically put a freeze on the site when we begin the forum transfer. This is because we're literally downloading this forum and uploading it to the new server, meaning any posts made after the point when we download the forum won't transfer. So while you can continue posting here after that point, things like updates will have to wait until we make the jump. Notably, this means that the current activity check will end a few hours early. If you end up getting caught by that few hour gap where the AC is dead when it shouldn't be, you'll be able to PM me before that point in time to claim the TPE on the new site.

Also, please note that these dates are subject to change. It's very likely things don't go as planned and that we'll have to make changes on the fly, but for now this is what we're going to be planning on assuming nothing blows up in our faces.

Sunday, June 24th – Forum Transfer Begins
Monday, June 25th – Forum Transfer Continues
Tuesday, June 26th - Forum Transfer Complete
Tuesday, June 26th – Regression Posted
Tuesday, June 26th – Reddit Recruitment Begins
Tuesday, June 26th – IIHF Tournament begins
Wednesday, June 27th – FA Discussions Begin
Thursday, June 28th – FA Signings Begin

Friday, June 29th – Monday, July 2nd – SHL Entry Draft (Currently being discussed by GMs)
Thursday, July 5th – Regression due/GM Deadlines by noon Eastern (Subject to change depending on draft date)
Thursday, July 5th – Offseason Updates due (Subject to change depending on draft date)
Friday, July 6th – SHL Preseason Begins
Monday, July 9th – SHL Regular Season Begins

FA will open Saturday at Noon Eastern

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Thanks for the transparency Eggy.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

To whom it may concern,

Would it be implausible to do the SMJHL Draft before/the day of the SHL Draft? Otherwise, that's a three-day window to complete an SMJHL Reddit draft and the GM work for said draft over the 4th of July holiday.

Signed,
Someone who doesn't want to see three punishment posts this off-season

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Looks great, only question what is the tentative date for the SMJHL draft ?

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Jun 20 2018, 10:19 AM
To whom it may concern,

Would it be implausible to do the SMJHL Draft before/the day of the SHL Draft? Otherwise, that's a three-day window to complete an SMJHL Reddit draft and the GM work for said draft over the 4th of July holiday.

Signed,
Someone who doesn't want to see three punishment posts this off-season

SMJHL can do their draft whenever works for them, there’s no reason it couldn’t be earlier than the SHL draft as long as we have the players

[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]

Quote:Originally posted by King@Jun 20 2018, 10:22 AM
Looks great, only question what is the tentative date for the SMJHL draft ?
we dont have anything set yet but it should be around the same time as the shl draft

usually it would be either a few days earlier or a few days later but we dont have that luxury

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

I believe the smjhl draft is typically after the SHL draft so that SHL teams can figure out who they are calling up and smjhl teams know what positions they should be drafting

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Quote:Originally posted by DrunkenTeddy@Jun 20 2018, 10:15 AM
I believe the smjhl draft is typically after the SHL draft so that SHL teams can figure out who they are calling up and smjhl teams know what positions they should be drafting
exactly this. SHL draft really needs to be before SMJHL draft.

I would also like longer than 3 days to get my ducks in a row

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

Well right now only 3 teams have given me their preferences but all 3 want that earliest date, the friday, for the draft

SHL Draft can go at pretty much any point after the season ends. Not like you're getting new players added up until the draft goes. All it comes down to is GM prep time. Which most GMs should have been scouting during the season.

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by DrunkenTeddy@Jun 20 2018, 10:15 AM

I mean, wouldn't most SHL teams already have a pretty good idea in that regard? The only thing that might alter that is FA, and with the timeline posted that should be largely sorted before the SHL Draft, too.

If SMJHL folks are certain they want to wait until after the SHL Draft and callup/send down, this schedule isn't going to work, pretty simply put.

Nikolai Evans

yeah but more importantly what date specifically will this be added to the new site

[Image: EJZajUx.gif]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by tweedledunn@Jun 20 2018, 10:32 AM
yeah but more importantly what date specifically will this be added to the new site

[Image: EJZajUx.gif]

Octember Neverteenth, 2525

Nikolai Evans

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Jun 20 2018, 11:28 AM

I mean, wouldn't most SHL teams already have a pretty good idea in that regard? The only thing that might alter that is FA, and with the timeline posted that should be largely sorted before the SHL Draft, too.

If SMJHL folks are certain they want to wait until after the SHL Draft and callup/send down, this schedule isn't going to work, pretty simply put.
Who they draft used to be a bigger effect on callups, but with fewer true rookies that isn't really the case

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia