Create Account

Tentative Offseason Schedule

Quote:Originally posted by Grapehead@Jun 20 2018, 10:34 AM

Who they draft used to be a bigger effect on callups, but with fewer true rookies that isn't really the case

Yeahthat

And the recent trend for "true rookies" has been to sign 155-200 TPE inactives out of the draft as 500k fillers which could be easily replaced at the SMJHL level, not blue chip first rounders that would ruin a juniors team to lose unexpectedly.

But I'm retired now, y'all do what you want, J. Just don't cry if there's a two-day turnaround and you miss deadlines :lol:

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Quote:Originally posted by Waters+Jun 20 2018, 10:05 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Waters @ Jun 20 2018, 10:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
we dont have anything set yet but it should be around the same time as the shl draft

usually it would be either a few days earlier or a few days later but we dont have that luxury[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-DrunkenTeddy@Jun 20 2018, 10:15 AM
I believe the smjhl draft is typically after the SHL draft so that SHL teams can figure out who they are calling up and smjhl teams know what positions they should be drafting[/quote]

Thanks guys.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Jun 20 2018, 09:46 AM

Just don't cry if there's a two-day turnaround and you miss deadlines :lol:

I'd prefer to not have a two-day turnaround again. But alas, that is why I am here in this thread.

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by InciteHysteria@Jun 20 2018, 10:56 AM

I'd prefer to not have a two-day turnaround again. But alas, that is why I am here in this thread.

Bless you and may you fight the good fight.

Nikolai Evans

Falcons

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

Quote:Originally posted by TheWoZy@Jun 20 2018, 12:03 PM
Falcons

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Folks who are talking about doing the SMJHL draft before the SHL, that would mean you only had 1-2 days of recruitment...

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

Quote:Originally posted by prettyburn@Jun 20 2018, 09:42 AM
Folks who are talking about doing the SMJHL draft before the SHL, that would mean you only had 1-2 days of recruitment...

Only if you waited til the offseason to begin to start recruiting, why not start now?

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Keygan@Jun 20 2018, 11:48 AM

Only if you waited til the offseason to begin to start recruiting, why not start now?
Because the attention span for most brand new players isn’t that long. They’ll only stick around for so long without a locker room or games simmed.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Jun 20 2018, 09:52 AM

Because the attention span for most brand new players isn’t that long. They’ll only stick around for so long without a locker room or games simmed.

Plus a site move...definitely need to recruit after that

Quote:Originally posted by prettyburn@Jun 20 2018, 11:42 AM

I was thinking more along the lines of both should shoot for that weekend (giving Tues-Fri to recruit/scout) and it the J Draft happens to fall on Friday and the SHL Draft Saturday, que sera sera. Definitely need to leave time for the Reddit push after the site move.

Nikolai Evans

why not start recruitment during the finals...

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by .bojo@Jun 20 2018, 12:02 PM
why not start recruitment during the finals...

I tend to agree with the sentiment, in this offseason, recruiting people to this forum just to move them to the new forum would be more confusing than joining the SHL already is and would probably be a bad call.

Nikolai Evans

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Jun 20 2018, 12:09 PM
I tend to agree with the sentiment, in this offseason, recruiting people to this forum just to move them to the new forum would be more confusing than joining the SHL already is and would probably be a bad call.

see, i knew there was a good reason for you to be in HO. good point

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Also maybe on general principle the schedule should have a little more wiggle or breathing room in it just in case the forum move ends up in the ditch at some point? I know we are all about improving off-season down time, but maybe this is one where we should all be willing to take one for the team, exhale a bit, and let it play out?

Nikolai Evans