Create Account

What to do

07-09-2018, 09:07 AM.bojo Wrote:
07-09-2018, 12:13 AMInciteHysteria Wrote: Autopost Draft Picks to the Forums.

I could look into some sort of discord bot that could post onto the forum for you... that wouldn't be too crazy if I can figure out the login part.

I actually started making a discord bot for this the other day. Right now it takes the SHL discord picks, parses them, and dumps into a CSV file. If that could help you let me know.

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

07-09-2018, 02:54 PMNobody Wrote:
07-09-2018, 09:07 AM.bojo Wrote:
07-09-2018, 12:13 AMInciteHysteria Wrote: Autopost Draft Picks to the Forums.

I could look into some sort of discord bot that could post onto the forum for you... that wouldn't be too crazy if I can figure out the login part.

I actually started making a discord bot for this the other day. Right now it takes the SHL discord picks, parses them, and dumps into a CSV file. If that could help you let me know.

That'd save a lot of work.

I've been trying to figure out how to post on Jcink within an application to no avail. Stupid cookies.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

07-09-2018, 02:35 PM.bojo Wrote:
07-09-2018, 01:59 PMJumpierPancakes Wrote:
07-09-2018, 10:49 AMSymmetrik Wrote: It's a different forum, but SBA has made a bot account to post all their game box scores. I'd definitely see if you can get in touch with emidas in regards to making a bot. @.bojo

This

I'm not on SBA -- mostly because I don't really care for basketball -- but the way that they post their sims is phenomenal and I'd love to emulate that. Better than just posting the link and way better than a pbp. I remember when Alle showed it to me I was floored

I'm looking, at it looks like a bot (SkyNet) posts a formatted view of the box score for each game in the sim. Is that what you mean?

I think he means how rather than just update the index, they post the score of each game game from that sim. The bot is new, I just mentioned that part because you were saying you weren't sure how to get an auto login going.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

07-09-2018, 03:04 PM.bojo Wrote: I've been trying to figure out how to post on Jcink within an application to no avail. Stupid cookies.

Take that back. Cookies are delicious.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

07-09-2018, 05:20 PMSymmetrik Wrote: I think he means how rather than just update the index, they post the score of each game game from that sim. The bot is new, I just mentioned that part because you were saying you weren't sure how to get an auto login going.

I guess I just need an example. I might be thinking this wrong. But the game pages from the index are nice and detailed, no?

07-09-2018, 05:50 PMztevans Wrote: Take that back. Cookies are delicious.

not your cookies. you probably put raisins in yours, you dirty commie frenchie.

@.bojo
Sure if you want to try and add IIHF stats I can try to help! I think I was able to find most of the old indexes for someone else not too long ago.

07-09-2018, 08:41 PM.bojo Wrote:
07-09-2018, 05:20 PMSymmetrik Wrote: I think he means how rather than just update the index, they post the score of each game game from that sim. The bot is new, I just mentioned that part because you were saying you weren't sure how to get an auto login going.

I guess I just need an example. I might be thinking this wrong. But the game pages from the index are nice and detailed, no?

It's like if we had the game pages from each sim posted 1 at a time. Like if today was dimming days 1-5, every game would have its own post live where we see each game get a bit of a recap. SBA works because box scores are nice and compact. It's wouldn't look as nice with the big boxes we have from STHS.

It would be really good as a late season thing, rather than just looking at the index, you get games with playoff implications developing a season you go along. It's not like the full extent of a pbp but it has a little more interest and intensity than just an index update.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

How about a program that reads game files and tracks giveaway/takeaways and corsi?

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Just thought of this: GM Stats, Career wins/losses/OTL ratio, playoff statistics, players acquired, players lost? Maybe not all of the above but I think seeing how a team did under a specific GM would be cool

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

07-09-2018, 12:20 PMiOBESE Wrote: Automated dropdown sig. Where you just choose your player and it automaticaly fills out the sections based on your stats from the index of regular season and playoff as well! And then when you click generate it gives you the code you have to copy+paste in your signature. For the first season players it also gives the beginning code of where you add your players name, position, teams and tpe etc.

This was glossed over but I really like this idea tbh.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

btw wen those IIHF stats comin out

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]