Create Account

What to do

Autopost Draft Picks to the Forums.

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]

07-08-2018, 07:21 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: bring Dad Bot to life on the forums as a post bot

@Nobody is already here, we don't need that

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

automate everything, take everyone's jobs, let no one get paid!

07-09-2018, 12:30 AMspooked Wrote: automate everything, take everyone's jobs, let no one get paid!

Think of all the media activity that could generate when people have to actually earn their training pay!

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

07-09-2018, 12:13 AMInciteHysteria Wrote: Autopost Draft Picks to the Forums.

I could look into some sort of discord bot that could post onto the forum for you... that wouldn't be too crazy if I can figure out the login part.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

07-09-2018, 12:10 AMAvakael Wrote: HO already wants to try and move banking and player updating to a PHP portal. Go talk with Teddy and see what you can do Tongue

something like SCOR? Wouldn't be too crazy, but it'd be better to use SHL's database than my own external one. Maybe I could work out the backend stuff.

Something like my League of Accomplished Players deal

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

07-09-2018, 09:12 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: Something like my League of Accomplished Players deal

yeah that could work. I'd probably need to add awards first, then that.

07-09-2018, 09:07 AM.bojo Wrote:
07-09-2018, 12:13 AMInciteHysteria Wrote: Autopost Draft Picks to the Forums.

I could look into some sort of discord bot that could post onto the forum for you... that wouldn't be too crazy if I can figure out the login part.

I am a fledgling coder, so I am not on the level with a lot of people on this site. But this has been something I've always wanted to do. I am sure you've experienced it too, as a former GM, when you need to check scouting, make picks, post picks, ect. It'd be awesome if there was a discord bot that would just post the pick once it was submitted on the discord. Especially when we're hardpressed for time per pick in a draft like last night. Of course it's not of any top priority. Just thought automated drafts would be a really cool idea.

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]

07-09-2018, 09:23 AMInciteHysteria Wrote: I am a fledgling coder, so I am not on the level with a lot of people on this site. But this has been something I've always wanted to do. I am sure you've experienced it too, as a former GM, when you need to check scouting, make picks, post picks, ect. It'd be awesome if there was a discord bot that would just post the pick once it was submitted on the discord. Especially when we're hardpressed for time per pick in a draft like last night. Of course it's not of any top priority. Just thought automated drafts would be a really cool idea.

Yeah, I'd need to find a way to "log in" through a service. That'd be the only difficult part, but everything else would be as simple as calling a service and sending a request.

@Velevra now's your time to shine ... not that you don't shine every off-season I mean

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

It's a different forum, but SBA has made a bot account to post all their game box scores. I'd definitely see if you can get in touch with emidas in regards to making a bot. @.bojo

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2018, 12:21 PM by iOBESE.)

Automated dropdown sig. Where you just choose your player and it automaticaly fills out the sections based on your stats from the index of regular season and playoff as well! And then when you click generate it gives you the code you have to copy+paste in your signature. For the first season players it also gives the beginning code of where you add your players name, position, teams and tpe etc.

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

07-09-2018, 10:49 AMSymmetrik Wrote: It's a different forum, but SBA has made a bot account to post all their game box scores. I'd definitely see if you can get in touch with emidas in regards to making a bot. @.bojo

This

I'm not on SBA -- mostly because I don't really care for basketball -- but the way that they post their sims is phenomenal and I'd love to emulate that. Better than just posting the link and way better than a pbp. I remember when Alle showed it to me I was floored

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

07-09-2018, 01:59 PMJumpierPancakes Wrote:
07-09-2018, 10:49 AMSymmetrik Wrote: It's a different forum, but SBA has made a bot account to post all their game box scores. I'd definitely see if you can get in touch with emidas in regards to making a bot. @.bojo

This

I'm not on SBA -- mostly because I don't really care for basketball -- but the way that they post their sims is phenomenal and I'd love to emulate that. Better than just posting the link and way better than a pbp. I remember when Alle showed it to me I was floored

I'm looking, at it looks like a bot (SkyNet) posts a formatted view of the box score for each game in the sim. Is that what you mean?