Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Season Start

THIS PT (S42 CAP) IS OPEN TO ALL SHL PLAYERS AND SENDDOWNS.

The long offseason from hell is almost over, and there's been quite a bit of buzz throughout it! Plenty of stuff to talk about, we figured we could kick off the new season with a good old Funtime. Pick one of the following topics to discuss.

- Shiny new forums! Now that we're over the worst of it, what do you think about the move? Was it for the better or the worse? What's your favorite new feature on these forums? Is there anything you'd like to see improve still?

- Reddit draft! We had a massive haul of people in this latest class, and a ton have started to show some brilliance! Which SMJHL team won the draft, in your opinion? Which prospects are you keeping your eye on throughout the season? How do you think this class could compare, early on, to previous ones that have panned out as legendary?

- SHL Awards! Do you agree with how the committee voted? Which awards would you have given differently, and why? Do you think anyone was a serious snub?

- SHL Season! The season's about to start. Do you have any bold predictions to make for this upcoming season? Any breakout players/teams you think you'll see? Did anything in the preseason surprise you?

Every participant with a topical post of at least 15 words will receive ONE CAPPED TPE, while 5 will be chosen as discussion leaders to receive an additional ONE UNCAPPED TPE.

Discussion will close Sunday, July 15th, at 11:59 PM EST.

Any questions/concerns, please PM me directly.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

i like the new forums. they feel faster, and look cleaner. DT is working on a mobile skin, and that's the only thing I want. For now I'm using the MyIPB theme because it looks the cleanest.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

- Reddit draft! We had a massive haul of people in this latest class, and a ton have started to show some brilliance! Which SMJHL team won the draft, in your opinion? Which prospects are you keeping your eye on throughout the season? How do you think this class could compare, early on, to previous ones that have panned out as legendary?

In my TOTALLY unbiased opinion, Halifax won this draft. The roster is totally revamped with active players on every line. While I love all of the prospects in Halifax, I think the league will definitely have it's eye on King. That dude is a monster at completing his tasks and producing media which is something every SHL GM will love. I think that this draft definitely has the potential to be one of the best of all time. A lot of elite recreates mixed with very promising rookies.

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2018, 07:13 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

- SHL Season! The season's about to start. Do you have any bold predictions to make for this upcoming season? Any breakout players/teams you think you'll see? Did anything in the preseason surprise you?

I think this will be a breakout season for Hamiltons Nour Harrack. The TPE, the PT andd the linemates suggest that the scoring sniper is set up for success. I think Dani Forsberg couldl be a candidate for the Jeff Dar this season as hell probably modify his build to what WKP needs.. which is more muscle and grit on the ice.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Now that they've worked out the kinks a little, the new forums are definitely faster which is nice. But, I much prefer the look of the old forum, just not sold on this forum's look yet and I've tried all three of the themes.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

What I miss about the new forum is the good old SHL & SMJHL teams drop down at the top of the page. I used that stuff soooo much.

Regarding the draft I know it's quite early but i think it will be one of the more successful drafts hopefuly. Quite excited for some of the first gen players who already have 10m+ in the bank while being over 200 TPE already. Quite a good amount of recreates in there too which will be interesting to see if they fall in the draft or if the first gens will fall in the draft.

Regarding the Awards I was obviously sad that BUF didn't get the Uppercut other than that the Richan not going to Linna was also quite a surprise for me. Linna only had 2 points less and a few hits less which imo should have been enough to win Richan over Wächter whose team didn't win the Cup.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

On the preseason

I'm surprised so far the Toronto North Stars look quite competitive. If the preseason is a reflection of expectations to come, West Kendall might be in for a tough time defending their championship status.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

- Shiny new forums! Now that we're over the worst of it, what do you think about the move? Was it for the better or the worse? What's your favorite new feature on these forums? Is there anything you'd like to see improve still?

I really like the new forums, I feel like they are faster and it looks a lot cleaner than it did before. Big props to DT for taking the lead in this and finally getting it done. I feel like its a lot more user friendly. There is nothing that really needs huge improvements aside from the mobile skin

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

I don't love the new forums. I think it's because I'm in so many leagues that use jcink, that the familiarity is better. This site still has times when it is down. Yea it looks nice, but I prefer the comfortableness of jcink

I think this season the Manhattan Rage could really surprise a few people. While our team is still young, and we don't have the best TPE numbers, we have such a good core group of people that I think once we get to the end of the season we will be much better than people think. JayWhy has done an excellent job at getting us the best young talent available, and I think that it is only a matter of time before we start to play like our potential. If not this season then next, but I still believe we have the potential to this season.

My player performance has suprised me. Since my player has been capped, he stopped being good. He was trash during the playoffs and thing has not changed yet.

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

My bold prediction for this season is Geoff Higgins finally comes back from Inactivity only to do worse this season than last season. : ))

[Image: HjEFCSR.png]

I like the new forums a lot! Definitely still getting a feel for things, everything requires a couple extra seconds of thought, but that'll work itself out in time. They were definitely a bit painful at first, but the speed has picked up a lot - it's still not perfect, but it's no longer a huge step back. I think there's a lot of stuff we'll figure out and want to improve on as we go, but with the new set up I think we'll have the flexibility to do so.

Selfishly, I feel like it's about time for Isak to have his break out season. He's been solid for the last couple of seasons, but he has yet to really shine, and as he's approaching the top of his stats it feels like it's time, especially with a few other veterans on the team taking a step back. He's currently almost a point/game and leading the team in shots blocked in preseason, so fingers crossed!

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

I got an shl point in preseason, I’m happy

The new forums are dope and it’s great that they’re fast now

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

I'm a big fan of how the mobile site has a proper link button when you're posting. Makes updating so much easier on mobile.