Create Account

Temporary graphics graders
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2018, 06:28 PM by King.)

Media grading is a very difficult and time consuming job, and I don't envy those who do it. There's currently 60 threads of submission which are waiting to be graded, dating back to June 4th I think this big of a backlog is too much for any grading team to deal with and I think we could all benefit from some temporary media gradings coming in.

Hire a group of temp media graders, and pay them commission, it will speed it up. 60 threads each with 1-4 submissions, thats 60-240 sigs to grade.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

mind if I change the title to graphics graders from media graders? media is all caught up and people will get confused

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-20-2018, 06:28 PM by King.)

07-20-2018, 06:27 PMFlappyGiraffe Wrote: mind if I change the title to graphics graders from media graders? media is all caught up and people will get confused

My bad, fixed it.

Falcons

Noticed this earlier today. Better yet, since theyre hiring a new GFX head why not just hire more GFX graders and enforce them doing the job? Inactive graders have been an issue for as long as I can remember.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2018, 07:02 PM by Grapehead.)

07-20-2018, 06:34 PMNJBadApple Wrote: Noticed this earlier today.  Better yet, since theyre hiring a new GFX head why not just hire more GFX graders and enforce them doing the job?  Inactive graders have been an issue for as long as I can remember.

Ya for sure. People just get too busy sometimes, which is fine, but the heads don't seem keen on actually firing someone. I can't think of any grader who was fired off the top of my head (or banker). I'd like to see the heads be more proactive in replacing people who have been inactive/barely active so that we don't have times looking at the list of graders and realizing none of them are really around. also the keygan quote in your sig is hilarious!

Would we ever get to a point where we just say "fuck it" and remove everyone from every position and just rehire for all jobs? If you wanted to overhaul the job system it would be the best way to switch everything at once. Post for every job head and ask each applicant to give ideas of what they might implement to improve the function of the job. Personally I think despite the great effort from the vast majority of our job holders there are people out there who could breath new life into some of these positions, and some of the people already holding jobs might welcome a change to another job. I'd limit it to just the bankers, updaters, media/graphics graders, and pt teams, but give current heads priority to keep their position if they want, and assuming they have some idea but I'm sure they would anyway if they want to keep the position. Once the heads are picked let them run the next round of hiring, and off we go. Of course something like that would require lots of preparation, but could really shake some of the stagnating that's been occurring lately.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

I assumed the head would hire some graders

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

Quote:Would we ever get to a point where we just say "fuck it" and remove everyone from every position and just rehire for all jobs?

I don't think it will ever come to that, and it really doesn't need to either. Like @FlappyGiraffe said, media graders do a good job and from my personal experience, I've always been impressed with the updaters... as just a couple of examples. We just need someone as GFX Head that will actually set and maintain a standard.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Our GFX Head was doing a really great job at that prior to the site change, but issues logging on left him MIA for some time.

We just have 2/4 of the GFX team currently inactive and I only recently got permissions to move and close stuff.

Can we get some people to come in a grade lol

07-20-2018, 08:55 PMkarey Wrote: Can we get some people to come in a grade lol

i’ll do it Smile

[Image: 3.png]

Everyone I've spoken to agrees that we'd benefit from having a temp grader. Can we hire one for now, then decide what we'll do about cleaning up jobs after?

@Eggy216

Falcons

Bump.

Falcons

This is a good idea, and I'd be down to do it as well

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e