Create Account

PT 3 - Jam Session

Over The Rainbow: The Falcons are very young, and in a short time, They will easily be a top 4 team in the SMJHL, Over The Rainbow is about dreaming of what lies ahead in your life. ALSO SINGING THE CHORDS WITH A GROUP IN A ECHO-Y ROOM OR IN A MARCHING BAND IS LIT.
Toto - Africa: The Falcons love to meme. Africa by Toto is not only a great song. But also a great meme. Tobias Viklund has been known to get a too excited when he hears this song. ALSO A GREAT SONG TO SPAM B-FLAT WHILE PLAYING TRUMPET 2
Toto - Hold The Line: The Falcons have had some in-fighting. So every now in then GM Ben Waters Sr. always turns this song on to cool us down. ALSO A GREAT SONG TO PLAY IN A MARCHING BAND. LOVE DOESN'T ALWAYS COME ON TIME, Wo-wo-woah,
Kansas- Dust In The Wind: Detroit has gone through the ups and downs this season. This song literally talks about going through the ups and downs and the fact that all we are is dust in the wind. BACK-2-3-4-5-6-7-8
Kansas- Carry On My Wayward Son The Youngsters of Detroit are very well the Falcons' Wayward Son's. They have been building together through thick and thin, Marc Palicka and Wolfard Richter are hoisting the best line duo with a combined 33 points in the second line.  FULL BLAST, 1-2-1-2-READY-AND

Is it not clear that I've been at band camp for a while?

[Image: ev8zDus.png]
Marc Palicka
Czech Center
Falcons Falcons Falcons

CzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakia
[Image: TeamCzechoslovakia.png]
CzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakia

Fergilicious - Fergie.

The true origins of whoever picked this song are a mystery. What I've heard is that it came from years back, with some old alumni introducing it, and everyone has carried it's will forward since. It's normally a song we like to get in early, it has a fun mood to it, and we'd much rather get the fun stuff out of the way early before focusing in before getting serious about the upcoming game. That doesn't stop us from reciting the lyrics from heart.

Black Widow - Iggy Azalea

This song is popping. Do most of us respect Iggy as an artist, or like any of her other songs? Not really. From what I've heard around the room this song was suggested by the Broger. I don't know how much there is too that claim, but I will believe it nonetheless. It's a good pump up song either way.

YMCA - Village People

Again, another song that we throw on early to have a little bit of fun before getting down to business. For this song, there is a clear culprit behind it's time on the speakers. Pavs. Every time, before it plays, he gets up, claps his hands and tells us to get ready. He makes all of us do those hand movements too. He gets really into the song, which is a good way to get us pumped up, but it's also funny to watch it unfold.

California Gurls - Katy Perry Feat. Snoop Dogg

I am to blame for this. I can't explain it, Katy's music draws me in. The team will only let me play this or Teenage Dream... and... well this song gets me going more than Teenage Dream. It's more pumpy uppy, and Teenage Dream is just a little bit slower. It helps that it's so easy to sing along to it, even if not too many of the other guys decide to do so.

Rock Me Amadeus - Falco

This is just a good song to transition from. You go from some more poppy songs to something that is more intense. Most of us can't sing along to most of it, seeing as how it's very not our languages. Oddly enough, Dabsy is the one who can sing this song from start to finish, which is probably why he gets us to play it. Otherwise... yeah. It just works as one of those transition songs, gets us to focus on hockey instead of lyrics. Just a good song.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2018-07-28_at_8.19.58_AM.png]

[Image: 5QDfWXE.png]

[Image: I3BTEQc.png][Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Cedric Robinson is known for his larger-than-life attitude, but in the locker room before a game he seems more reserved.  "I have a tradition before every game.  More a superstition.  I have to get in the zone while I put on my gear to make sure I leave the rest of the day behind before each game."  The enigmatic Robinson puts on a pair of headphones and isolates himself from the room's festivities before each game.  We got an exclusive look into Robinson's playlist, along with some comments to get in the goaltender's head:

1.  Symphony no. 9 in E Minor (From the New World), mvt IV - Antonin Dvorak

"I need something fast and furious to get me in the mood for a game.  Something with subtle intensity and a rapid tempo.  The trumpet lift for the melody in the second A section helps me channel into that mood, and reminds me that I have to play with a quiet aggression to succeed."

2.  Suite no. 1 in G Major, Prelude - J.S. Bach

"You can't go into a game angry, you have to have a balance.  Peace and violence.  Serenity and fury.  The prelude to Bach's first cello suite has the moments of melancholy, but overall leaves me content and, well, balanced.  It's important to me."

3.  Walkürenritt (from Die Walküre) - Richard Wagner

"Triumphant but not necessarily happy, the Ride of the Valkyries reminds me that there's triumph in competing even in defeat.  I always put this on my bluetooth speaker so Richter can join in with the German lyrics.  I always make fun of him because he can't keep the tune."

4.  Medea's Dance of Vengeance - Samuel Barber, as performed by Star of Indiana Drum and Bugle Corps

"I love the sound of pure silver-brass bugles.  It's explosive and sinister and pure.  I always invite 'Big Gun Palika' over to check it out.  We both geek out over marching band--not super common for jocks, I know."

5.  Butt Drugs - Copstabber

"Just something silly to remind myself that life is capricious and fun.  To remind me not to take everything to seriously.  I blast this one, and everyone gets on to the chorus:  I do butt drugs!"

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2018, 09:44 PM by Bonk.)

When it comes to kicking out the jams MFs in the Scarecrows Locker room there are few individuals that come to mind,

Adam Taylor - Jess and The Ancient Ones ~ Prayer For Death And Fire

Before each game, Adam cranks up Prayer for Death and Fire. He sings along doing his best to hits those Grace Slick inspired notes that Jess is known for. Much to the amusement to several of his teammates, because no matter hard he tries, he is not going to hit those notes. Nevertheless, that fact does not stop Adam from trying.

Edgars Skalde - Kool Moe Dee ~ I go to work

Edgars says that like to keep it old school when he is getting pumped up before a game and that is why he goes to Kool Moe Dee. Mr. Skalde also says the rhymes by Kool Moe Dee are the tightest and he is unparalleled.  Edgars claims that Kool Moe Dee taps his soul thus unusual choice in sunglasses. He choose “I go to work” to get ready for games because when he hits the ice he go to work.

Lil’ Manius – S.O.D. ~ March of the S.O.D. and Sergeant D and the S.O.D.

Manius states that the only reason plays this song(s) before games is because this song makes him want to hit something more than any other song. Calling to the one of the best thrash metal songs ever written. Granted Manius keeps this album hidden in his locker so he does not trigger his more sensitive teammates.

Nicky Pedersen Jr. - Pretty fly for a Rabbi

Nicky explains himself by saying that he knows a rabbi, who is pretty fly.  When questioned about this from the rest of the locker room.  Mr. Pedersen states “I play this song in hopes that this rabbi leafs will pray from a Crows victory, and what harm can come from that?  Although sometimes it can be damn embarrassing to his fellow teams especially when he does his little dance to it.

Jack Daniels - Sex Slaves - Thank God For Jack Daniel's

Jack Danial says he loves this song because it feed his ego like no other song can. Daniel’s says the gritty tone of the song make feel real all the while it soaking up the song as it is praising him. This pregame ritual has been known to make a few players roll their eyes.

Sorry no video limitation of the new site but here is the link
Thank God For Jack Daniel's

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Crowd Chant by Joe Satriani: This is the song I chose and can you really blame me? This is just one the classic pump up songs. Teams use it as goal songs, here in the Raiders locker room I'm blasting it before every game to get us going. 

Cringe by Matt Maeson: This is the captain, Leshaun King's, song. Early in the season he hit a cold streak, which isn't something a lot of us rookies had experienced before in our careers, so this was the song he was listening to in order to get his head right. Had to ask him personally what he was always listening to on his headphones during that stretch to find out. 

Cold as Ice - Foreigner: If you're going to be competing on the biggest stage you have to take the chorus of this song to heart like Kristof Kovacs does. There's no way you're going to be  successful out there unless you're emotions are as cold as ice.

Joyride (Omen) by Chevelle: My defensive partner, Thomas Speardane, introduced me to both this song and the band. Now it's one of those songs we listen to together when we're getting ready to hit the ice and do work. 

Enter Sandman by Metallica: Winger Vince Rieper is always listening to this one when he gets to the rink. One of the best bands of all time with one of their best songs. That opening guitar riff gets the team going because they know "The Reaper" has arrived.

Cold as Ice - Foreigner: This one is a special one, my brother loves this tune. The piano keys coming in, the chanting chorus.  We throw this jam on and Kristof just rocks out and gets dialed in. I have to admit it’s a pretty hair raising feeling when you walk down the tunnel and hear the fading chorus in the distance “cold as ice, you know that are you, as cold as ice to me.”  

Look at Me - XXXTENTACION: This is clearly my favourite and while the boys all have different tastes this one is a pump up. The loud trappy beats as X shouts out “look at me, fuck with me.” It is vulgar and the lyrics are neither imaginative nor deep. But they sure as hell make me bounce and puts it in ours heads that we are the shit and people can’t fuck with us. Also RIP to X who was killed a month ago.

Cringe - Matt Maeson: Many have mentioned how this song and how our captain Leshaun King loves it. I’ll be honest I wasn’t a fan of it. But with a rough patch this song became a bit pick me up and the boys all really got behind it. It’s a bit of a different vibe than some of our tunes but after King shared it with us we put it on the playlist and it’s a regular now. I’m pretty sure King wants us to all go see him this spring when he comes to town!

1997 Dianna - Brockhampton: BH is easily the best boy band to ever grace the world. They recently lost one of their original members and a lot of us were worried their quality would drop. But all the tunes they’ve released from their new album are fire. This is more of an after game song, the bouncing beat and different flows definitely provide those party and celly type vibes for the locker room. “This that shit that do or die, make your gram mamma cry.”

Dr. Jones - Aqua: I won’t say who slipped this one into the playlist, but he is definitely the coolest player on the team. To this day no one seems to know who dropped it in there. But we had to make sure all the kids new about Aqua. And none of this Barbie girl stuff, we didn’t have time for that. We needed Dr. Jones, Dr. Jones calling Dr. Jones! Nothing says game time like a room full of boys singing along to “a yippie yi yu a yippie yi yaaaaaaa!” Truly this song encapsulates that first summer we all got together and how we all fell in love. I don’t think any of us will ever forget that first summer ending in the moonlight <3.

[Image: 9d3oxij.png] [Image: 8xyKeyf.png]
[Image: KillTheArchitect.gif]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2018, 10:35 PM by Plastic Bowl.)

The Falcons' locker room music is full of gangsta rap and hype music that prepares players for the game ahead and gets the adrenaline pumping. The Europeans on the team have expressed some displeasure at this, but many have taken quite a liking to this genre of music.

Kiss Me Thru The Phone - Soulja Boy was the suggestion of Tobias Viklund. He doesn't speak much English, but during his time in secondary school, this was his favorite song and also the only source for all of his English vocabulary. You haven't lived until you've seen a jacked Swede doing his best Soulja Boy impression.

Everything Lit - Lil Uvi Vert Vladislav Konstantin fell in love with gangsta rap after his move to Detroit from Russia. I wasn't sure "Lil Uzi Vert" was a real name when he first played the song. Honestly, I still think it isn't.

Kream - Iggy Azalea Most of the players are just looking at photos of her butt when this song plays. The song is mostly irrelevant, it's just a good reminder to look at that butt.

Denzel Curry - SPACEGHOSTPUSSY another product of Vladislav Konstantin's love of gangsta rap. He also seems to have an affinity for strange names. I can't say the song's name in polite company, but it certainly gets me hype.

Warhol.ss - 12ozs Flacko Lagerfield's contribution rounds out our playlist with the last of the gangsta rap. I don't understand a lot of the words, but the beat makes my heart feel funny.

[Image: Richter.jpg]

The main time when I want to get pumped up is in my car on the way to the games, so here are my five songs you know I'll be bumping on the drive to the rink.

FEFE - Hate him as much as you want, 6ix9ine has a unique and aggressive voice that gets me fired up. FEFE is his most recent release which makes it my first song up.

Fr Fr - My personal favourite off of Wiz Khalifa's most recent project Rolling Papers 2 is Fr Fr featuring Lil Skies, the beat is fire and is a good second song up to get pumped.

Bounce Back - Big Sean has always been one of my favourites ever since he released Hall of Fame, and Bounce Back is another great pump up song. The only part that is irrelevant to me is about taking an L last night, we never do that Wink

Roll in Peace - I wasn't a huge Kodak fan until this album came out. This song though was one of my favoruites at the time and is still used to get pumped up

Look at Me - No explanation needed. One of the most hype songs I've heard. RIP X