Create Account

PT 3 - Jam Session

Mod Ting by J-Soul - This song really fires the boys up, especially Pavel Pivonka. Every once in a while while we have Mod Ting blasting, Pavel decides to hop up on the table that’s placed in the middle of the room and wildly gesticulate. Kinda odd, but the team really gets behind him and it puts us in a really good mood before a game.

Drifter by Hippie Sabotage - Just a really chill song that everyone in the locker room can vibe to. It calms us down when we’re a little bit too hyped up in the wrong ways. Coach will regularly play it when Petr Vrana goes on one of his expletive-filled Czech rants. Turns him mellow real quick.

Fighting Temptations by YBN Cordrae - Cordrae is a lyrical genius. As one Twitter user put it, he sounds like he’s rapping his masters’ thesis. The lyrics in this tune get to the team and almost all of us can recite this track word for word.

I Might Need Security by Chance the Rapper - One of Chance’s new tracks that dropped last week, I Might Need Security has quickly become a staple on all of the Militia players’ playlists. The catchy beat that Chance raps over consists of words that we usually direct towards opponents and reefs, so we may as well sing them if we’re gonna be saying them.

I Write Sins Not Tragedies by Panic! At The Disco - The staple throwback on the team Spotify playlist. This mid-2000’s banger is up tempo and has a really past pace that just gets the blood flowing. Mason Hudson is a huge fan as he’s really into the pop-punk throwbacks from 10-12 years ago.

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

[Image: UB1Wl62.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2018, 05:17 PM by I Am a Coupon.)

Five Pre- Games Songs

1. Toto - Africa : Always the first song, we’re not sure why but Shooter told us that its Raiders tradition so we just went along with it at first. But each time we listen to it the better it gets. It builds really well and by the end, the entire locker room is singing.
  2. Triumph - Lay It On The Line :  I put this one on the list, it may be a little out of place but nothing beats the old school rock. It was something my dad passed onto me and it reminds me of him and just all the blood, sweat, and tears I put into my game this far. At first the boys were skeptical but now Crush, King, and Pierre take turns on who’s going to sing, air guitar, or play drums.
  3. Linkin Park- Points of Authority (DBZ) :This one was put on by Rieper . We were all on the bus on for one our road games and we came across Dragonball Z AMVs and this song was used a lot. If DBZ doesn’t get you pumped then not sure what else would.
  4. Tech N9ne - The Beast :  Speardane put this one on being a beast of a man, Standing at 6’6” 225lbs. The dude’s probably had a beard since he was 12. He gets the guys snapped out of the easy going songs and starts up the intensity.
  5. Slipknot - Before I Forget : This always is the last song we listen to. It gets the guys blood pumping. Kryyst is the one who chose this and you can see why. He’ll go from the happy go lucky guy we all know off-side and once this song is over you can see the change in him. He’s dialed-in, intense,  and radiates focus just a man possessed. Looking at his stats thus far this reason you can see it works

[Image: 9d3oxij.png][Image: 8xyKeyf.png][Image: gs89eGV.png]

[Image: Lq99Y4d.png]
-------------------------------------------------------------
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]

[Image: yOzYkdH.jpg]

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

I'm on a Boat - Lonely Island
- This is obvious. We're the Armada, having recently moved from Prince George to Anchorage. We've all jumped on the boat and are sailing our way straight to the top. This gets you pumped up, gets the blood flowing and is good to get you loose.

Sledgehammer - Peter Gabriel
- We're all big strong bois. We're all huge, physical forces. Also, of course, it's just a fantastic song to belt out the chorus with and feel like an absolute superstar while you do it. Pose-offs can be common at times.

Personal Jesus - Depeche Mode
- This one occasionally swaps out for some other strange songs, typically just a cool-down fun song from our pose-offs. Instead, we tend to dance around, maybe play it up. The most common one for this is of course Jax Aittokallio. However, Cameron Carter II is known to get into it once in a while.

Psycho Killer - Talking Heads
- The song tells you to run from us, and honestly, I wouldn't blame you. If you dare to face people deemed the Psycho Killers, that's only on you for what will happen to you. For some reason, this seems to hype up Ryan Mason the most. He seems to apply some black war paint and I swear he breathes smoke out of his nostrils toward the end of the song.

I Hope You Suffer - AFI
- Finally, in our devolving mental state of our playlist, we get to the final pump up song that is absolutely focused on our opponents for the evening. We will make you suffer, either by beating you to a pulp or skating circles around you and making you look like a fool. No matter what we do, we're going to destroy you.

Songs that just missed:
I Touch Myself by The Divinyls
C'est La Vie by B*Witched
Regulate by Warren G & Nate Dogg
Love is Blindness by Jack White

... I could probably do this twice over lol.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2018, 04:12 AM by ViN.)

[Image: 7aB358I.jpg]

Halifax Raiders Pre-game Playlist

Full Team Selection: Unstoppable by The Score
Leshaun King Selection: Barbie Girl by Aqua  
Maximillian Egger Selection: Crowd Chant by Joe Satriani
Vince Rieper Selection: Enter Sandman by Metallica
Geezus Kryyst Selection: Hail To The King by Avenged Sevenfold

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2018, 05:51 AM by Mayuu.)

Oops

RETIRED

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2018, 10:44 AM by JURT.)

Whenever I get my hands on the AUX cord, you just know where things are going. We're the Raiders, we're pirates, and I don't see how anyone would want to listen in anything in the locker room but ALESTORM. The intense music, fast tempo and piratesque lyrics of the power-folk metal group are exactly what you need to get pumped up before a game.

We start with Set Sail and Conquer, because that's exactly what we're doing at that point, get ready to attack.

You are a Pirate might be a cover from the kid's TV show Lazytown, but that's why we like it, it reminds us to have fun out there.

Keelhauled is next, to remind all of us of the importance of being united as a team.

We go on to Fucked with an Anchor, a song about never surrendering and getting victory no matter what obstacles we face.

Finally, we relive the epic story of 1741 in a 7 minutes song that shakes us to our very cores and leaves us thirsty for some metaphorical blood when we jump on the ice.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

Armada Anchorage pre game tunes Armada

First up is Ryan Mason. A rare rookie scrapper Mason loves Rocky Balboa and what better way to get yourself and your team pumped up for a fight than Eye of the tiger by Survivor.

Next up is Benjamin Blue. Last seasons SMJHL goalie of the year has a phobia of letting the puck in the net. He gets in the zone with another classic U Can't Touch This by MC Hammer.

Third up to the plate is Tucker Baloo. The Rookie D man has come flying out of the gate literally and figuratively. Tallying up one of the highest hits among rookies this season it has become a common sight too see Baloo skating away from opposition forwards left prone on the ice. Break Stuff by Limp Bizkit hones his killer instinct before he hits the ice.

Rex Kirkby takes the penultimate slot. Everyone loves Space Jam and everybody needs to get ready to hit the ice so my song is Are you ready for this by Jock Jams.

The last song before we hit the ice belongs to @ml002 because hes the boss and we have to do what he says. I'm not entirely certain of why we play this but I think it has something to do with NHL04 and Ml being really old. Red Flag by Billy Talent.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Detroit Falcons - playlist cont.

Gires Rowgh - Love (Vlad Konstantin)

Speaking of love, he loves this song. Possibly more than Gires Rowgh loves his Camry. Like seriously, how many times do I have to hear this song. He sings it on the ice. He sings it in the shower after practice. He softly whispers it in my ear. That last part might not be true. But Jesus Christ, it sure feels like it is.

Cute without the "E" - Taking Back Sunday (Tobias Viklund)

You know what, I dont even think he likes this song. I think he just plays it so he can make the same old, "the team is going to cut you" joke in broken English. I dont know what hes saying half the time, but I understand perfectly what hes saying to me when he puts this song on. 

Attack Attack! - Stick Stickly (Eero Makinen)

I think this song is about a girl? I dont know what the hell hes screaming about. Eero likes it. I left him eye liner in his locker. He didnt think it was funny. I did.

Crocodile Rock - Elton John (Tig Murphy)

You havent lived until you have sat through 3 minutes of Tig pretending to be a crocodile in just a jock strap. It was a spectacle at first, now it is as normal as lacing up your skates. That wont stop him from doing it though. Coach even ignores him now.

Du - David Hasselhoff (Wolfhard Richter)

I dont think I have to explain This. Hes German. Its David Hasselhoff....

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

raiders I wanna jam it with you raiders

Cringe - Matt Maeson
Leshaun King has found a connection to this song while struggling to pull himself through a cold streak. The inevitable driving force of the SMJHL has been terrorizing the locker room, endlessly repeating the lyrics "Don't I make you cringe". Hopefully his spirit begins to "move like it did before", pushing the Raiders to the top of the standings. Thomas Speardane did initially find the choice cringe-worthy, but has since been caught singing "She said I'm looking like a bad man - smooth criminal" as he fusses with his locker.

Crowd Chant - Joe Satriani
This crowd pleaser is a favorite of Max Egger. The infectious anthem has spread through the locker room and is likely the most unifying pregame ritual for the Raiders. The D core are the most enthusiastic to hear the Chant, pumping their fists in the air to the music. 

Cold As Ice - Foreigner
Kristof Kovacs either takes everything literally or is playing with a massive chip on their shoulder. Halifax is "digging for gold" but hopefully aren't "throwing away a fortune in feelings" in their pursuit of glory. Perhaps Kovacs listens to this track in an attempt at "closing the door" and "leave the world behind" as he steps out onto the ice. Hopefully he won't be paying too harsh a price as he works to reach the top of the draft predictions.

Invincible - Adelitas Way
Craig Finley is "feeling invincible tonight" having listened to his preferred jock jam. This aggressive rock track will pump anyone up as they drop their gloves and prepare for a slugfest. If you've ever taken on the task of separating Finley from a member of the opposing team, you've probably heard him repeat some of the song's lyrics like "you've never met a mother f*cker like me" and "I'm a take you for a ride".

Joyride (Omen) - Chevelle
Thomas Speardane has heard about the joyrides, and he wants in. This hard rock smash is just what the doctor ordered for when one needs to get their heart pumping. Chevelle happens to be a mutual interest between Speardane, Finley and Halifax's General Manager. Craig Finley and Thomas Speardane have begun to bond over their shared musical taste and hope to rope their GM into attending a few rock concerts with them should any bands swing through the Halifax area. For now, the duo will just have to live with stomping around the locker room and screaming along to their favorite bands.

[Image: WxYT5Om.jpg]

[Image: l8kHB9W.png]

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2018, 08:14 AM by CookieMonster.)

St. Louis Scarecrows locker room is crazy jam sesion before every game. Every player can choose 5 songs, which can make your mood from zero to we gonna destroy the other team on ice!

In the playlist there are some dance floor one hit wonders, some old guys who sing songs which will never become out of date, hip hop gods and their magical wine to our ears and metal heroes who save us from being low-spirited.

Everyone in the team loves Helmuts Akmenlauks playlist. He is a music wizard in the Scarecrows locker room. In chilhood mum wanted him to be a DJ, but Helmuts heart was taken by hockey.  

So here is a little sneak peek of the legendary Akmenlauks playlist:

1. AC/DC - Highway to Hell
Some old guys as I said. One of the best rock bands, which can make you feel like making your own show on the ice.

2.  Linkin Park ft. Jay Z - Numb/Encore
Gods in the locker room and gods on the ice.

3. Skrillex - Bangarang
Everybody - now dance and play hockey.

4. Metallica - Enter Sandman
Metal heads are the best hockey players.

5. The Killers - The Man
Because Scarecrows guys are the men!
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2018, 10:03 AM by Schultzy.)

ShineDown : Simple Man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgFQ6WmxdMs
You gotta keep your game simple on the ice and the emotion in this song would bring passion to a corpse. There's an undeniable raw power in this song and it's the perfect switch flipper to start the day off with.

Queen: Princes of the Universe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEJ8lpCQbyw
Do I really have to explain the theme to Highlander? You know what it is here. This is the song that makes you feel like a God and that's what you need to be out on the ice. You need to know that no man can be your equal.

Tupac ft. Arctic Monkeys : Do You Wanna?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEbefRM4B3I
Not too fast and not too loud- but with a slick bass and a wicked guitar the immortal words of Tupac come to life and get the head nodding. While not a sports song there's no denying that when you play Pac, people take notice, and that focus is exactly what you want in the locker room before a game.

Lynyrd Skynyrd: Gimme Three Steps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwLCpLAYJpg
What would a game be without a bit of Skynyrd? The legendary Ronnie Van Zant brings together a breathtaking guitar and a locker room cautionary tale about the dangers of sleeping around while on the road. This is a lesson you need the players hearing and it's got just enough levity to bring the boys into a sing a long.

2Pac ft. Eminem and DMX: Can't Be Touched
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0Ndb0Pv8iE
A fierce mix of some truly masterful lyricists who pour emotion and energy into an amazing track that's bursting with energy. If this doesn't get the team hyped for the battle on the ice then only one thing will....

Montana of 300: Try Me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVPPTC7HePQ
There might not be a better lyricist in the music industry today and this track is the rattle on a snake just before it bites! What an absolutely lethal blend of pure realism and consequence. Montana puffs out his chest and walks tall while cautioning the world to give him the space he deserves. What better song to make the players feel ready to drop bodies on the ice?

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

When getting ready for a game the Scarecrows play list includes:

First Tube - Phish - Being a huge fan of the band Phish, going to many shows in my lifetime, I have always wondered, why the hell they dont open more shows with First Tube. So why the hell don't we start off our pregame playlist with it, this song is pure energy, and gets the lockerroom going from the first guitar riff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkqC_NOaATQ

Today -Smashing Pumpkins - This song starts quiet, and by the end the mood in the locker room has a noticeable difference, everyone, especially Muerto is starting to feel the energy starting to pump.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmUZ6nCFNoU

Lunatic Fringe by Red Rider - as a fan of sports movies, especially from the 80's this was featured in the movie Vision Quest, Ever since I've always gotten pumped listening to this song. If we don't give a nod to the classics, they will be forgotten forever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XdFExsqoC4

Hearts of Fire - John Cafferty - In another classic 80's movie, this song is more widley known as being the Rocky IV training montage when he is dominating Russia. It pumps Lil Manius like nobody can.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swo51-CG9Ss

Thunderstuck - ACDC - I got to go to a couple of NHL playoff games last season in Tampa, and boy is there pregame pump fest something to see. Nothing gets a group going like Thunderstruck. When we play this in the locker room, everyone is ready to go. Time for business. Time to find a W. Game On!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_GFN3a0yj0

[Image: mstuk41.gif]
[Image: 35884_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png][Image: nHs4nH0.png]