Create Account

PT 3 - Jam Session

Thirty minutes before game time the team iPod gets tossed around the room, blasting tunes from the overhead speakers.

Nikolaj Boyle gets every one laughing by playing Africa by Toto By the end everyone is singing along, having a great time. The music fades.

Goku Muerto grabs the iPod and hits us with the next song. Also Africa, but this time by Weezer. Everyone realized what was happening, but no one did anything to stop it from escalating.

Next I grabbed the iPod, trying to get a little more serious with this pregame pump-up session. A metal cover of Africa by Toto. Again, we were all singing along, but there was almost twice as much head banging.

Suddenly and without remorse Nicholas Williams yanks the iPod from my hand and puts on this banger of a rendition of Africa by Toto.

While we're all rolling on the floor laughing, 3rd string goalie Aleister Cain puts on this monstrosity, advertising it as "the next greatest step in human evolution" and "having an incredible mouthfeel". No one was quite sure he knew what he was talking about.

That's what finally ushered us onto the ice.

[Image: dannymethane.gif]
[Image: DrbPYHV.png][Image: UDyqktK.png]
[Image: S7jeR9I.png]

Party in the USA - Miley Cyrus
Shake it Off - Taylor Swift
I want it that way - Backstreet Boys
Karma Chameleon - Culture Club
Bodies - Drowning Pool

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

1. Spice Girls - Wannabe
Coach likes to put on this tune to get us started, its multi-layered in its significance. For one everyone wannabe us, because the Raptors are kick ass. Secondly, if you wannabe a part of this team, you gotta get with our friends, and we're all friends. Finally, You've got to give. Give it your all out on the ice!

2. Rick Astley - Never gonna give you up
Continuing with the trend of incorrectly spelling song titles, we put on a little bit of never gonna give you up. Once again, we're focusing on the team aspect. We're never gonna give up on each other, we're never gonna let each other down, we're never gonna turn around and desert you on the half wall.

3. Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles
We've gotten a little riled up here with two high tempo songs. It's time to settle things down with a classic. No need to get excited and take a couple dumb penalties early. The way her fingers tickle the ivory emulate the way our skates will tickle the ice (with finesse and class). This song is truly a piece of art that must be appreciated.

4. Backstreet Boys - I want it that way
As we come close to the start of the game, Coach needs a little backdrop for his famous speeches. It's like he choreographs his words to music. I've never been so motivated in my life. This game is my fire, my one desire. Coach doesn't want to hear us say we want it that way. We can't say we want it. We've gotta go out and show we want it.

5. John Cena - The time is now
Is there any other song that could tie this playlist together? The Raptors surely don't think so! Your time is up, our time is now! We're gonna take this game and there ain't nothing the other team can do about it. With Lyrical genius like "Ain't no way you breaking me kid, I'm harder than nails. Plus I keep it on lock like I'm part of the jail." or "Yeah. Um, it's gon' be, what it's gon' be. Five pounds of courage buddy, base tan pants with a gold tee." there will be no fuss, no other team will compete with us.

Raise Up - Petey Pablo
I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason this has always been a great pump up song for me. I think it's got a pretty simple beat and good enough flow that it just gets me moving.

X Gon' Give it to Ya - DMX
This one too is just another song that has a constant upbeat flow that makes me want to get up and knock someone out.

Break Stuff - Limp Bizkit
As you can tell most of the stuff on my jam play list is older stuff. This one from Limp Bizkit just gets me going. I guess you have to be a little messed up to want to constantly go out there and knock people around and this one just resonates with me.

See You Again - Wiz Khalifa
After having so many heavy songs on my play list I like to wind down a little bit. This one isn't a full come down, but Wiz is great, but Charlie Puth helps with the calmness.

Adorn - Miguel
This one just completes the calm of the storm that rests within me. I think this is a good chill song that gets me in the right place after being so heated and angry a lot of the day.

Goku's Pre-Game/Warmup Playlist

SO, in the STL Locker Room, most guys are into some god-awful rap music which really hurts my sensitive European ears. I have to tune it out by slapping on my big ol' headphones and listening to the music which grooves me personally since I really can't stand Drake or Mac Murphy or whoever the hell is playing incessantly.

These are my top 5 tracks to get seriously pumped up - fair warning, I like to listen to older music so if you ahven't heard of these well I guess that's ok!

1. So Whatcha Want - Beastie Boys

Love this song, start off with it and get my head wrapping around the beats. And ... whatchoo want? To be a star? Can't front once the faceoff comes, eh!

2. Could you be the one? - Husker Du

Strong powerful guitar, but more importantly, the message - could I be the one to shine tonight?

3. Madness - Muse

The 'newest' song on this list, I really dig the looping synth beats, bit of a plate cleanser, calm the mind down a bit, which is funny considering it's called madness! I didn't post the video because you can opnly have 4 per post but you probably know it. m-m-m-m-m-m-mad, mad

4. How I Could Just Kill a Man - Rage Against The Machine

A Cypress Hill remake, I like a lot of their music because it gets me worked up and want to punch someone, this song in particular, the chorus has a great headbanging beat, for sure starting to get fired up now!

5. Stigmata - Ministry

Just a hard-crashing industrial classic which gets the blood flowing and fills you with energy, the last song I listen to before skating onto the ice, at this point I am a ball of fire looking to smash!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

All Songs chosen by me

1) No New Friends - Drake, Rick Ross, DJ Khaled, and Lil Wayne
This song wasn't my first choice however I'm listening to it currently. I feel like it's a decent song to play roughly an hour + before a game since it's before you do some dryland warmups thus it's not necessarily important but it's hype and could start to get the boys buzzing.

2) Aries (Yugo) Part 2- Mike WillMade Rae Sremmund etc.
Really just looking for up-tempo things to get me started to warm up, this song fits it and again a mob mentality.

3) Creeping - Lil Skies and Rich The Kidd
Another song that is up tempo and would get my hype to go warm up, these next two songs will be more so towards the end of me getting ready for the game.

4) Insane - Flume, Moon Holiday
Now I'm starting to focus Insane would be great for my mind to go numb before the game and to simply visualize before the game. I wouldn't listen to this outside of the pre-game part but it's hype enough for me before the game.

5) Jeclyn Flores - XXXtentacion
I'd probably listen this towards the end of it as I calm myself down and ease any nervs before the game.

1. REPUBLICA, "READY TO GO" A popular go to by Colorado right winger Sulak O'Hritea. Somehow, someway, this guy always manages to get this song cranked on the bus just as the team is entering the arena parking. Even when the bus driver has been bribed to turn the volume down, Sulak is not above singing this at the top of his lungs.

2. IMAGINE DRAGONS, "RADIOACTIVE" Who doesn't love this song? Nico Wallner freaking loves it. Well, a few of the raptors whose names will not be mentioned... (cough...Gvidas, Vladmir, Troy...cough) hate this song with a passion and make their opinions well known. They say the song is a downer but in the dressing room a lot of the players can be seen focusing deeply as it plays.

3. JAY-Z, "PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT" One time Nate got to pick the warm-up song. Everyone was intrigued by what would motivate him best. Surprisingly he went to Jay-Z for support. It has become a popular song amongst the Raptors and the increasing tempo has become the common warm-up song during the pre-game skate. No lyrics, just rhythm. Gets everyone pumped nicely.

4. AVICII, "LEVELS" Ignatius Blunt picked this one time to motivate his team-mates going into the third period. It got most of the players up and hopping about. Until Maui stepped on the trainers foot and cut off three of his toes. Now the jumping is down to a minimum but the hype is still there.

5. DJ KHALED FEAT. LUDACRIS, SNOOP DOGG, RICK ROSS & T-PAIN, "ALL I DO IS WIN"  This is the song chosen by Alex Winters as the celebration song after a victory. It wasn't played much at the beginning of the year but more often now... much to everyone's delight. Alex knows every word and entertains the entire dressing room with his performances.

[Image: WcULpFF.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2018, 11:58 AM by GeckoeyGecko.)

I'M NOT ACTUALLY ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PT IM NOT A SMJHL ROOKIE DONT GIVE ME TEPS
this one sounds fun, though, so I'll do it anyway.

Song 1: Noah gets his phone connected to the Whaler's LR bluetooth speaker system first, through some black magic that he's never fully explained to the rest of us. Anyhow, we all had a pokemon phase growing up, and Noah Nowes never really grew out of it. After realizing that the various battle themes looped a touch too much to properly hype up the team, he embraced the jokes that we would make about him, and now he throws on the original pokemon theme song. Every. Goddamn. Time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuYeHPFR3f0

Song 2: Santos and Leitner are normally pretty chill guys in the LR. But there are times when the defense in front of them just disappears. When that happens, when they feel they've been left out to dry, they have a whole thing they do. Intermission rolls around and Santos will give Leitner a look, and he'll walk on over to the set and throw on Toto's Hold The Line. Gets us thinking on defense a bit more, yaknow?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htgr3pvBr-I

Song 3: The team walks out onto the ice to a Dire Straits song, the Walk of Life. Nobody knows when the tradition started, but it seems to work, so the team hasn't messed with it. After all, for many if not all of them, hockey is life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd9TlGDZGkI

Song 4: Whenever the team loses, which is thankfully not all too often, somebody will inevitably put on Why Worry. It helps lighten the mood a bit, and get everybody out of their own heads. Usually it's Tokek himself. After a particularly bad loss, however, he'll change it up to REM's Everybody Hurts, because, well, everybody does.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im2SoltmZEc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rOiW_xY-kc

Song 5: Another song that's common during the intermission is ELO's The Whale. A strange, somewhat zen, instrumental track, it helps people relax after a grueling twenty minutes. Andani heard it once somewhere, and it's been an intermission staple ever since.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o05RNQL0Ltw

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

[Image: Jamsession.jpg]

[Image: HansSHL.gif]

1. Don't Wanna Lose You Now - Backstreet Boys - When you hear the songs guitar sounds, with the melodic sounds of this wonderful band, you know things are serious in the locker room. Right before we go out on the ice we all listen to this and all sing-along, as team bonding, that we want to win and nothing will make us mad at each other.

2. holy diver - dio - This is our pump up song, obviously. When we all enter the lockerroom we know that we will hear this song blasting, getting us pumped us. Tek usually lip sings along with it while getting his gear on.

3. Breakdown - Twiztid If we have a really close game and before we enter the 3rd period this is a song some people put on to get us more energized. usually, when we need to get one more goal to tie or win, this song is in our minds when we shoot and score, we get extra energy and a better drive to win.

4. Pendulum - The Island Pt. I Another great pump up song to put on in the lockerroom. The electric vibe we get from it gets us ready to face any opponent. Even in between periods some members, Like Soren, Leitner and Max all listen to it on their phones in the locker room to get back into the game.

5. Ramble On - Led Zepplin When Luke first introduced this song into the LR everyone was kinda hesistant, because it wasn't that hyped up, but the song is very nice to listen to when we have a cushy lead in the second or third period. The very nice instruments and voice helps the team relax and get refocused to help secure the win.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

As a team, we don't have a ton of guys that really set the playlists. Couple guys, whether its Phil, Andrew, Coach, myself, tend to be the regulars when it comes to picking the music for the room. I went around the room to talk to those guys and see if they could each give me one song that has been their go to lately.

Phillip Winter: Metal Crüe - Sabaton

This song hits you in the face with a big open. It's usually one of the first songs we like to play because of the fact that it'll definitely wake you up for an afternoon game or a game after a long flight. It gets the blood going and is a great song to have on while the team is doing pregame stretching in the locker room or taping up your stick.

Andrew Martin: Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand

If you ever played the SHL video game growing up, you know this song. It's a song that you like to have going while you're putting on the bottom half of your gear. It's not too crazy, but the beat definitely gets in your head. I know for me, it's a song that almost calms me down, let's me focus on the game a bit more. It's a perfect pregame song for that reason.

Flappy: Sleep Forever - Portugal, The Man

Flappy's songs tend to be ones that are playing when we first come into the room. It's calm, it's chill, it's a song that settles you down after whatever kind you day you had before you got to the rink. It takes your mind off the outside world and lets you get into a good mindset for the game.

Incite: Belvedere - Intervals

This is a song that fits anywhere in the pregame mix. It's a song that is a bit more on the upbeat side, so it has been one of the last songs we've been listening to lately before we go on the ice. It has a good lull in the middle before picking up with a solid finish. The lack of words lets you think about what your role is and what you need to do out there and how you're going to make plays.

Alex Winters: Cyberpunk - Omnia

This is my personal song of choice at the moment when I get the chance. I tend to be a dance music kind of guy, despite being terrible at dancing, and this song has the perfect blend of beat, melody and pulse in my opinion. I get hyped listening to it and just like Belvedere, not having lyrics allows for you to just think about your game and what it is that you need to do out there. It gets the blood going and you feel yourself getting more and more ready for each shift as you go.

All in all, the boys tend to put together a solid group of songs and whatever we're doing, it's certainly working. That 7 game win streak is huge and we're hoping to keep it up.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2018, 10:03 PM by NH4JP.)

5- Guy on a buffalo, episode 1 - Jomo & The Possum Posse

This song is chosen by me. I'm like the dad of this locker room so i like to embarrass my teammates with dad jokes and such. My teammates are starting to like it though. They have been asking me more and more to blast it before games. If you search it on youtube right now i guarantee you'll get hooked in a second.

4- Cotton eyed joe - Rednexx

Yeah of course that's the Kovacs brothers. 2 rednecks lost in the great city of Halifax. Gotta represent where they come from. I'm not sure where they come from though. Maybe they arent rednecks too. I don't know. These guys are mysterious.

3- Europe - The final countdown

Yep, That's Kings song. He's so serious man. Always working hard getting better and trying to hype us up. He's like Jonathan Toews man it's crazy. It's the final countdown every game for him. No breaks for us. Never.

2- Bloodhound gang - Bad touch

That's a personal song between Craig Finley and Vince Rieper. They share earbuds on my ipod nano while they're in the shower and they do it like they're on the discovery channel. Nobody knows except me.

1- Haddaway - What is love

What is love? Baby don't hurt me. Yes that's TDZ's song. He want us rookies to love each others. To care for each other and to never hurt each other. We got obligatory love sessions every friday at 4AM sharp, before training.

[Image: Faceoffs-sig1.gif]

07-26-2018, 10:02 PMNH4JP Wrote: 2- Bloodhound gang - Bad touch

That's a personal song between Craig Finley and Vince Rieper. They share earbuds on my ipod nano while they're in the shower and they do it like they're on the discovery channel. Nobody knows except me.

Well now everyone knows, thanks.

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

Belvedere Coach Insite, Almost everyone in the locker room likes this song and it goes well before or after any song. Its really cool that even the coaches help pump up the locker room before the game, definitely helps us have a good relationship.

Panic Station Coach Flappy, Another song that is just a really good song for hyping up the team and goes well with almost any other song. Both of our coaches help hype up the locker room, and thats why we have the best in the league.

Ashes Alex Winters, A really good song that has a fast tempo, and really good instrumentals. Nobody complains when he plays this.

45  Phillip Winter, This is the pinnacle of hype songs. Super fast song with lyrics that you can sing along with, combined with good instrumentals. I personally love this one.

Take Me Out Andrew Martin, My all time favorite song, just like 45 this song us fast paced and super easy to know the lyrics of. Great song to get the team to rally together just because everyone has to sing along when they hear it.

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

1. Boats and Hoes (Prestige Entertainment)
I mean, you can't have a boat related mascot and not play this hit. The movie is also a favorite on the long road trips on the bus

2. Eye of the Tiger (Some 80's band)
I know it's cliche, but honestly, is there a better pump up song anywhere? You can listen to this dandy and then skate right through a brick wall.

3. Hell's Bells (AC/DC)
Another banger. Once you hear those bells and the guitar riff in the beginning, it's time to get your war face on.

4. One Last Breath (Creed)
This one is not really loved in the locker room (or anywhere else for that matter). I love it though and make sure I play it any chance I get just to annoy the rest of the guys. 

5. Lose Yourself (Eminem)
This is the one that gets played before going out on the ice. Every game, we are B-Rabbit and it's the final battle against that dude with the dreads or whoever (haven't seen the movie in a long time). This one gets everyone amped before hitting the ice

[Image: mason_sig_3.0.png]