Create Account

Call Up Thread

Can we make the callup thread public, please? That way players would be able to know what's going on with their team, without having to pore over every chunk of the sim. I just don't see any reason to keep it under wraps.

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

Makes sense

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

I don't disagree tbh... Call ups are public IRL so might as well. Might cause less confusion

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

I'm looking into the future and seeing more people freaking out unnecessarily about a call up or send down that they would have otherwise not known about. I don't see the need for the general forums to have this information, and I can only see it creating salt the odd time.

@GeckoeyGecko what would you do differently with the info? (genuinely curious)

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

07-26-2018, 02:42 PMGrapehead Wrote: I'm looking into the future and seeing more people freaking out unnecessarily about a call up or send down that they would have otherwise not known about. I don't see the need for the general forums to have this information, and I can only see it creating salt the odd time.

A while ago a goalie was accidently played both in smjhl and shl on the same day. He had no part in it, but ended up being forced to stay in SHL.

07-26-2018, 02:56 PM.bojo Wrote:
07-26-2018, 02:42 PMGrapehead Wrote: I'm looking into the future and seeing more people freaking out unnecessarily about a call up or send down that they would have otherwise not known about. I don't see the need for the general forums to have this information, and I can only see it creating salt the odd time.

A while ago a goalie was accidently played both in smjhl and shl on the same day. He had no part in it, but ended up being forced to stay in SHL.

What would a public thread have done to prevent that though? It seems like that error could've been prevented with good GM communication.

07-26-2018, 03:12 PMGrapehead Wrote:

What would a public thread have done to prevent that though? It seems like that error could've been prevented with good GM communication.

true.

still, someone being "salty" about this would figure it out the next sim.

I have no problem with it being public, I don't think it's intentionally hidden right now, just happens to be somewhere that the SMJHL GMs will see it.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Imo a public thread won't do anything. Most SHL GMs let the SMJHL GMs know when a player gets called up plus SMJHL GMs can see the call up/send down thread. I always let my players know if there is a call up

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

07-26-2018, 03:15 PM.bojo Wrote:
07-26-2018, 03:12 PMGrapehead Wrote:

true.

still, someone being "salty" about this would figure it out the next sim.

true

i think in terms of pure intrigue having a call up posts is an exciting add to the SHL experience.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

07-26-2018, 04:51 PMMike Izzy Wrote: i think in terms of pure intrigue having a call up posts is an exciting add to the SHL experience.

It's really not interesting. It only really happens at the beginning of the season, other than goalie back up games. And even then it's them being called up for a sim and then being sent down.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

@FourFour

[Image: HjEFCSR.png]

07-26-2018, 04:59 PMml002 Wrote:
07-26-2018, 04:51 PMMike Izzy Wrote: i think in terms of pure intrigue having a call up posts is an exciting add to the SHL experience.

It's really not interesting. It only really happens at the beginning of the season, other than goalie back up games. And even then it's them being called up for a sim and then being sent down.

I don't think it's interesting either, but it is to some people and wouldn't seem out of place in the public transaction threads. Maybe it'll encourage a couple guys sitting in juniors to keep going with their players?

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

07-26-2018, 07:39 PMToeDragon84 Wrote: I don't think it's interesting either, but it is to some people and wouldn't seem out of place in the public transaction threads. Maybe it'll encourage a couple guys sitting in juniors to keep going with their players?

Pretty much how I feel. Wouldn't affect me in the slightest, but maybe other people would be interested so why not?

My only request as a former GM would be, if this happens, just move the "private" thread to the public side (or make a new public one). Don't make the GMs post the thing in two separate places and wait for them to inevitably miss one and screw it up so you can punish them. That's lame and bad.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page