Create Account

Call Up Thread
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2018, 10:29 PM by hewasajazzman.)

07-26-2018, 04:59 PMml002 Wrote:
07-26-2018, 04:51 PMMike Izzy Wrote: i think in terms of pure intrigue having a call up posts is an exciting add to the SHL experience.

It's really not interesting. It only really happens at the beginning of the season, other than goalie back up games. And even then it's them being called up for a sim and then being sent down.

but... players get called up before the playoffs sometimes just like in real life too. yeah, a GM can try to let his team know but thats completely reliant on the players activity in a discord or whatever. yeah, youre gonna hear some bitching but hell at least its out in the open for everyone to see instead of boiling up in some team chat somewhere. and you could say the same thing for people calling players up, itd take away some of the twitch reaction call ups. i dont see why you wouldnt want it to be public knowledge.
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2018, 11:03 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

i mean unless a manager goes out of his way to make an article there isnt a system in place to see whos being promoted. i guess my belief is theres an oppertunity to turn this into a cool add for the site if the GM's promoting their players use the post as a media guide. In my fantasy sports league we have a post used for prospect promotions where they have the oppertunity to hype there players while they promote them.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

07-26-2018, 10:22 PMhewasajazzman Wrote:
07-26-2018, 04:51 PMMike Izzy Wrote: i think in terms of pure intrigue having a call up posts is an exciting add to the SHL experience.

It's really not interesting. It only really happens at the beginning of the season, other than goalie back up games. And even then it's them being called up for a sim and then being sent down.

but... players get called up before the playoffs sometimes just like in real life too. yeah, a GM can try to let his team know but thats completely reliant on the players activity in a discord or whatever. yeah, youre gonna hear some bitching but hell at least its out in the open for everyone to see instead of boiling up in some team chat somewhere. and you could say the same thing for people calling players up, itd take away some of the twitch reaction call ups. i dont see why you wouldnt want it to be piblic knowledge.

SHL GMs generally only do that if the player is on a team that a) didn't make the playoffs or b)is eliminated from the playoffs. The only other incident was with the Buffalo suspension last season, which still would have happened with a public thread. A public thread isn't going negate a GM from doing their job. I just don't see a bonus to it being public knowledge

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

07-26-2018, 10:39 PMml002 Wrote:
07-26-2018, 10:22 PMhewasajazzman Wrote:

but... players get called up before the playoffs sometimes just like in real life too. yeah, a GM can try to let his team know but thats completely reliant on the players activity in a discord or whatever. yeah, youre gonna hear some bitching but hell at least its out in the open for everyone to see instead of boiling up in some team chat somewhere. and you could say the same thing for people calling players up, itd take away some of the twitch reaction call ups. i dont see why you wouldnt want it to be piblic knowledge.

SHL GMs generally only do that if the player is on a team that a) didn't make the playoffs or b)is eliminated from the playoffs. The only other incident was with the Buffalo suspension last season, which still would have happened with a public thread. A public thread isn't going negate a GM from doing their job. I just don't see a bonus to it being public knowledge

i hear you and dont at all believe that situation wouldnt have panned out the same. i get that it was situational, shit happens. still dont see it hurting anything at all to put it out there.

Lmfaooooo Jakob Tanner

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Free Johnny Yuma

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

Things shouldn't not be done on the grounds of "avoiding drama" imo, and I like the sounds of this

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

true

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

07-27-2018, 10:25 AMartermis Wrote: Things shouldn't not be done on the grounds of "avoiding drama" imo, and I like the sounds of this

Only drama is you being so negative. Doubly.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

07-28-2018, 03:56 PM.bojo Wrote:
07-27-2018, 10:25 AMartermis Wrote: Things shouldn't not be done on the grounds of "avoiding drama" imo, and I like the sounds of this

b-but

I support this idea :(

i play with them a lot.
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

07-28-2018, 05:36 PMartermis Wrote:

b-but

I was picking on your double negative

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

07-28-2018, 06:03 PM.bojo Wrote:
07-28-2018, 05:36 PMartermis Wrote:

b-but

I was picking on your double negative

smh

i play with them a lot.
HIRE ARTY