Create Account

PT 4 - Highs and Lows

The high point of the season for the Montreal Militia cam in game number 103, which was the Militia’s 53rd game of the season. The end result of this game was a 7-1 win for the Militia over the Anchorage Armada. It seems as if Montreal has had the Armada’s number all season, as right after this 7-1 thumping, the Militia went on to triumph over the Armada again. One stat that stood out from this game was the goaltending. Petr Vrana came up huge with 23 saves on 24 shots, while Benjamin Blue, the Armada’s starting goalie, allowed 6 goals on 29 shots. He was later pulled for Larry Atta, who made 5 save on 6 shots. The penalty kill was also on Montreal’s side, as they were 6 for 6 on the PK, while Anchorage was 2 for 4. Lastly, The Militia dominated the faceoff circle, winning 45 faceoffs compared to Anchorage’s 34 faceoff wins.

A game where the Militia really struggled was in game number 88 against the Vancouver Whalers. Vancouver pulled out a 2-0 win over Montreal, with part of their victory owing to their goalie’s performance. Johannes Leitner came up with the shutout, making 17 saves, while Petr Vrana came out of the game with a 0.875 save percentage. Vancouver dominated the dot in the game, winning 37 of 66 total faceoffs. This is an area of the game where Montreal usually succeeds, so being outplayed here likely took a toll on their game. Finally, Vancouver was just much more efficient on their shots. Although Montreal won the shot battle 17-16, Vancouver was able to better use their opportunities and come out with the win.

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

This season has been great for the Whalers, lots of success and wins, the whalers were able to secure 2nd place halfway through the season. One game though, the Whalers played like they were in the pros, and that was game 72.

Game 72 - Whalers vs Armada
Final Score: 7 - 0 Whalers
The Whalers played their hearts out this game, and it showed in the 1st period, as there were 4 goals in one period. The goals came from Carlo Russo, Alex Andani, Kristaps Ball, and Alex Andani again. For the second period, Herb Robert and Buck Maverick scored for the Whalers. And in the 3rd period, Geoff Moore got his 1st goal of the season to make it 7 - 0.
In total there were 20 points for the Whalers, making it almost for every 1 goal there was 2 assists, except for one goal.
For the goalie, Johannes Leitner, a rookie, he played a stellar game, blocking 21 out of 21 shots.
This really showed the potential of the team, and what they can accomplish

A game that was not our best game came from game 81, against the Kelowna Knights.
Game 81 Whalers vs Knights
Final Score: 8 - 4 Knights win

Even though we got 4 goals in the game, the Knights destroyed our defense, getting 8 goals in 60 minutes.
The first period wasn't so bad, as the Knights and Whalers both are tied at 2 goals each, but it slowly goes to the Knights side as the Starting Goaltender gets pulled in the 2nd period.
The second period the Knights got 3 goals and the Whalers got 2 goals.
The 3rd period secured the Knights win, as they got 3 goals in the 3rd period, making the game 8 - 4.

What made this game so brutal for the whalers is that the Knights scored 3 out of their 4 power plays, making their PP very good fir the night.

324 words

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

[Image: 0keOlPK.jpg]

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

Game 117 - Falcons at Scarecrows
This was my second game with the Falcons after being traded from the Whalers. The team overall has had a rough go of it and it would be tough at this point in the season for everyone to have their heads held high. Nevertheless, we went out there and played hard and from the first puck drop to the last this was an exciting game. Cedric Robinson was absolutely awesome this game at goalie as he stopped 23 of 23 shots that came at him as we shutout the St. Louis. On the offensive side of things I was able to get a goal and an assist, which was awesome, but what was even more awesome was 6 different players scored a goal for us!

Game 81 - Whalers at Knights
On my time in Vancouver we were pretty much a dominate team and had so many good players that it was hard to find enough ice time for everyone. This game, however, I was able to get on the ice for almost 10 minutes! What made this game bad was the fact that we let up 8 goals. I'm not saying that it was entirely the goalies' faults, but they both saved less than 80% of shots on goal with Leitner stopping only 75% (12 saves on 16 shots) and ZzJRsSnoopLion only stopping 78.9% (15 saves on 19 shots). One of the big things that definitely aided in this loss is the fact that Kelowna was successful on 4 of 5 power plays, basically we shot ourselves in the foot and could do nothing about it.

Game number twenty-eight : the Vancouver Whalers versus the Kelowna Knights
As the standings clearly show, the Vancouver Whalers and the Kelowna Knights have separated themselves from the rest of the SMJHL pack. Thus, the importance of this big win against our inter-province rival. With the pride of British Columbia on the line, as well as two big points, we--the Whalers--took home both. The boys came out flying in the first period, putting up three goals. The third of which tallied as my first ever SMJHL goal. What a rush that was... I can still see Tokek Takshak intercepting the puck in the neutral zone before making a crisp--tape-to-tape--pass to Soren Kierkegaard in Kelowna Knights zone. Soren Kierkegaard then found me in the slot, where I do my best work. Shot by Jack Kennedy. Goal by Jack Kennedy. After the big first period, our defense and goal tending shut down the Knights for the rest of the way, as the Whalers held on to a 4-1 victory.

Game number eighty-one: Vancouver Whalers versus Kelowna Knights:
Where in Game number twenty-eight things went well for the Whalers, Game number eighty-one proved to be the total opposite. Although I was a healthy scratch for this game, the pain of watching my comrades get bombarded still weighs heavy on my conscience. This is one of those instances where no on in particular was to blame; instead, this game proved to be a collective failure up and down the lines. Of course our goalie would have liked to have a couple of those goals back, but for the Knights to rack up eight genos means that there were constant defensive lapses all over the ice. All in all, these were two points we could have used, but instead lost in the ugliest of fashion.

High:

The high point for the Detroit Falcons this season (so far) was definitely our recent win against Vancouver (Game #98). As much as we try to approach every game focused on the task at hand without worrying about things that are out of our control, we also know that the Whalers are a powerhouse team in this league and that we were in for a real fight if we wanted to come out on top. Fortunately, we came out flying and jumped out to a 2-0 and 3-1 leads. We'd manage to weather the storm the rest of the way and emerge with the 3-2 win. 

As per usual, a huge reason for our success was a big night from our goalie, Cedric Robinson who saved 20 of 22 shots on the night. Perhaps one of the reasons we're happiest about our game that night was that we outshot Vancouver pretty heavily, with 34 shots of our own. Flacko Dangerfield had a huge night for us, chipping in on all three Falcons goals by scoring two and assisting on one. Finally, our powerplay was on fire that night, scoring 2 goals on 5 attempts. All in all, a well-rounded effort against a great team that we should be proud to build off of going forward.

Low:

The low point of our season was a 6-2 loss to the Colorado Raptors (Game 69, nice). Things started off not too badly, with the game being tied 2-2 aftr the first period. That's when the bottom completely fell out from under us. They'd score three more in the second period, and scored four goals on their first ten shots of the game overall. We really let Cedric down in this one, as you never want to force your goalie to stew on a .600 sv% for the night after getting mercy-pulled. They twisted the knife a little more in the third with another goal, but the truth is that we really had nothing going after the first period. 

This was a particularly ugly game, with ever single player on our team having a minus rating when all was said and done. Furthermore, we had plenty of opportunities to get back into the game with six powerplays to their two, with each team scoring one powerplay goal. Definitely not a banner night for our special teams. The only real positive from the game was Tobias Viklund getting his first career goal, but even that was pretty bittersweet given the way the rest of the game went.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

The Lows

The first game was early in the season when we had not yet figured out what was going wrong with so many young players trying to find their way on the ice.

Game 29 had The Colorado Raptors playing the Anchorage Armada. When a team scores 4 goals one might expect them to actually win. Not so much in this case. Anchorage scored 6 goals with 6 players getting at least 2 points in the showing. Colorado was not absent from the game, with Maui assisting 3 of the four goals but it was not enough to win the game. It was a hard loss. Cameron Carter scored a hat trick and perhaps Colorado should have found a way to stop him. It was a frustrating loss for the Raptors for sure and lowered our morale for some time until we found our groove.

The Highs

By mid-season we had finally found some momentum. Our rookies were starting to get their stats up to a competitive level and we went on an impressive winning streak that started with Game 64 and an impressive shootout win over the reigning Champs the Kelowna Knights. Colorado all but shut down the Kelowna power play leaving them an unimpressive 1-5. Colorado finally got their penalty kill going. All their special teams had been weak until that point.

And that goalie. Scottey Crawfling literally stood on his head stopping 35 of 40 shots. With so many shots, we're lucky Kelowna didn't beat us 12-6. 13 of the Raptors got at least one point in the win and it seemed to bolster us up because this was the first game of a 7 game win streak moving us from the bottom of the league to a playoff contender. It has been the high point of our season so far, hopefully we can all get a little higher.

[Image: WcULpFF.png]

[Image: 4qNhlAb.png]

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

[Image: joOXvJY.png]

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

High point:
Armada 6 Anchorage v St. Louis 4  Scarecrows 

The high point of the season came for me personally in the 52nd game of the season and Anchorages 13th. We were on a 4 game losing streak and needed to pull it together to make sure we got our campaign to make the playoffs back on track. As well as this I was the last player on the Armadas roster to still be without a point and I knew that against St. Louis who had been struggling that it was a big opportunity to snap my scoreless streak. We were leading 3-2 towards the end of what had been an intense first period when I slung the puck across the ice and Steve McGirthensons fired a one timer into the top corner to give me my first point of the season.

Low point:
Whalers 7 Vancouver v Anchorage 0 Armada

The low point was in game 72. Coming off a 7-1 loss the night before to Kelowna we had promised ourselves that we would come out firing against the Whalers. Instead we rolled over and shipped 4 goals in the first period which lead to an eventual 7 to 0 loss. The part that stung me personally was that I gave up a cheap penalty in the second that lead to us conceeding a power play goal for their 6th of the night. Too many times this season we have let our heads go down and ended up losing by large margins and the buck stops at the defense core.

289 words.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2018, 08:08 PM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

Low

If there is one thing that can be said about this young Colorado Raptors squad then it is that they are very streaky, so it is with a streak that we start this write-up about the highs and lows of our season. The game I'm gonna talk about is Game 32 which was the ninth game of the season for the Raptors. Colorado had started slow into the season, losing seven of the first eight games but now in game number nine against the mighty dominant Kelowna Knights, things had started to look up. Just forty-one seconds in Katsuo Yamaguchi put the Raptors up 1-0 with his first-goal of the season and then Vladimir Vaskov would go on to add another nine minutes later. And then it would all fall apart again. After a very strong first period by Colorado (19-9 shots), Kelowna ended up dominating the rest of the game and tieing it up in the third period on a goal by Daddy Mack. The game ended up going into the shootout and there, Michael Fischer drove the dagger into the Raptors heart. Loss number eight in game number nine. The losing streak continues.

High

The abovementioned streak would actually end in the very next game but that's not what wer are gonna talk about for the high-point of the season. Because now we are jumping ahead to Game 64 - the next meeting of these two teams. Kelowna, still as dominant as ever had cemented themselves as the top-team in the league by this game. And wow was it a wild one because this time, the Raptors and Knights would combine for a total of ten goals and once again the game would go into the shootout. One interesting tidbit in this game was how spread out the scoring was for both teams, a total of ten goals was scored, most of them with both a primary and secondary assist, and yet there was only a single player on each team who had a multi-point night - Peter Walker for the Knights and Gvidas Kazlauskas for the Raptors. Kelowna would wind up heavily outshooting Colorado by a 40-20 margin, but the game still went into the shootout tied 5-5. And this time it was Philipp Winter, who had already scored in the last shootout between the two teams, who decided it with a top-shelf sniper. And just as the previous match-up between these two teams marked the last chapter of the Raptor's losing streak, this one would ve the very first of a new one - because with this game, Colorado would start their very first winning streak of the season which would wind up lasting seven games!

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

There are two games from this season that really stand out in terms of the way the Raptors’ season has been going in my opinion. 

The first half of the year was not good, and that was embodied in the eight game of the year against the Anchorage Armada. The Raptors didn’t get dominated in this game. In fact, it was quite even. The shots were almost even, 28-27. However, they still fell in a high scoring game, 6-4.  Despite a great performance from the O’Hritea and Kazlauskas line, they were outdueled by Cameron Carter II and Doug Dimmadome. They didn’t make their lives any easier, taking four penalties and not converting on any of the three powerplays they had throughout the game. Additionally, they were dominated in the faceoff circle, winning just 37.6% of the draws over the course of the game.

On the flip side, a 4-1 win over the Halifax Raiders is a game that can be pointed to as a turning point in the season for the Raptors. This game was a huge win for the Raptors, a rivalry matchup that was a dominate performance by backup goaltender Brandon Sando. In just his third start of the season, Sando made 21 saves, performing admirably against star rookies Leshaun King and the Kovacs brothers. While he didn’t end up as one of the three stars of the game, his performance was absolutely critical in the midway through what could be a season defining win streak. The Raptors special teams also came through in a big way, killing off 6 of the 7 penalties the team took, and converting on one of the three powerplays the team earned.

The season has been a tough grind for the Raptors, a split between a brutal start for a team that lost 10 of the first 13 games and a team that has won more than 50% of their games since. The team has gone from a start that left them solidly in dead last to a battle for the 3rd best team in the league.

Word Count: 345

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

The High
Things were looking pretty good for the Raptors after their 6-3 victory over the Whalers. We were firing on all cylinders. We outshot the whalers 27-22 and our unforeseen hero Brandon Sando was still playing his heart out. While he didn't have the best game only posting a .864 sv%, he was still undefeated at this point in the season. This was in the heyday of Tony Pepperoni, Baron O'Beefdip, and Zakhar Turakov's early-season chemistry. Pepperoni posted a goal and 2 assists, Beefdip got 2 assists of his own and Turakov topped it off with a goal and an assist. Pepperoni and Turakov were the first and 3rd star respectively. We were disciplined, Vancouver took 3 times as many penalties as we did. However, our penalty kill was an issue as we were scored on in both attempts.

The Low
The first game of the season was a wake-up call for our team. The majority of us were rookies who didn't understand what we were getting ourselves into. The speed of the game definitely was a surprise to our guys and we took 8 minor penalties in the game. and Montreal was able to capitalize on 2 of those. One of which was the game-winning goal. We hadn't learned any chemistry, or how to spread out or lineup. Coach was trying to give everyone even minutes and we were getting eaten alive. We were outshot in every period leaving our goalie out to dry. In the end, he had to face 34 shots. Many of which were high-quality chances on the PK. Troy McClure II seemed frustrated taking 4 penalties himself in the game. It took us a while to get our bearings under us, but now Troy is performing amazingly and we've worked ourselves into third place in the league. We've got a long ways to go, but we are far away from when we were low.

Best Game: Game 52
1 goal + 2 assists, +1, 6 Shots, 13/26 FO, 19 MP (2 PP, 3 PK)

This was the best game for a forward Aittokallio since there was one -- which is to say the best game I've had this season. It was my first goal of my young career, I managed to finish with 3 points all together even! I was a +1, one of the few positive games of my season. The real key to my game however was pushing that puck on net. I had 6 shots! SIX! Can you believe it? From a preseason with very minimal shot attempts, this one game was indicative of the ability to make lateral moves and drive into the center slot to get pucks on net. It gave us very important second chance opportunities, and brought a huge win for Anchorage for my best game this season.

Worst Game: Game 100
0 points, -2, 1 shot, 12/21 FO, 21 MP (3:30 PP, 3:10 PK)

Lining up largely against Vital Kravtsov and Kevin Kazarian, this was absolutely the low point of the season for Aittokallio. Despite being just over 50% on face-offs, that's the only positive in this game. I was unable to make any kind of impact with pushing the puck forward, as it appeared Marco Raanteli was everywhere with blocks. Even if he wasn't, Harvey Danger and Charlie Schieck could contain the puck into our defensive zone and keep me from making those lateral moves necessary to make it out. It kept me to just one shot and pinned down to where I had a -2 rating. I played more often than normal in this game, nearly 21 minutes and about 3 minutes in both special teams situations. This was one of those games where I just could make the right moves, it seemed the opponents were three steps ahead and I paid dearly for it.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

High of the Season:

In our 12th game of the season we experienced our biggest high up to this point. We won the game 7-2, which remains our biggest win of the season and biggest goal difference in a single game. Personally the game was an even bigger high because I got 2 primary assists and also had a few chances. Despite the shots being 26 for us and 24 for Anchorage our goalie completely outperformed Anchorage’s.  Geezus Kryst posted a .917 save % and 2 goals against while we chased their starter within the first period, posting a .500 save % and 4 goals against on 8 shots. Another highlight of the game was our power play going 2/4 and 50% on the night. One last special thing about this win was Craig Finley and PLD both scored their first goals in the SMJHL and the boys were so happy for them! This was the highest of the highs for me.

Player Name              G  A  P  +/- PIM S  H  SB GA TA FO     MP     PP MP  PK MP  
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oliver Kovacs             0  2  2   1     0   4  4   0   0   0  1/1     17:22   3:09   0:00

Low of the Season:

In our 28th game of the season I experienced the lowest of lows in my short SMJHL career. Being a young rookie team that most pegged for a bottom finish outside of the playoffs. Things were starting to get tense in our locker room, while we remained optimistic we were on a 4-5-1 skid that saw the small buffer between our playoff spot and 7th position closing. We faced off against the Kelowna Knights and they walked all over us. From an offensive standpoint we were defeated 6-1, our biggest loss and goal differential of the season. To add to that we were out shot 2:1, with the final shots being 40 for Kel and 19 for us. Only 4 members of our roster were not a negative in the +/- category as all 4 lines excluding the first were shelled. Adding insult to injury our specialty teams completely failed us as we went 0/3 on the power play and 0/2 on the penalty kill. Being out shot, outhit, outscored and outplayed in every facet of the game stung and at a time when every single point matters this definitely saw me and many of my teammates at our lowest.

Player Name             G  A  P  +/- PIM S  H  SB GA TA FO      MP     PP MP  PK MP  
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oliver Kovacs            0  0  0   -1   2    5   0   0   0   0  0/1    18:18   3:06    0:00

[Image: 9d3oxij.png] [Image: 8xyKeyf.png]
[Image: KillTheArchitect.gif]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]