Create Account

Forum Arrangement Feedback

Hiya folks,

I just finished re-arranging the forum and I'm looking to get feedback on the new layout.

The biggest change you'll see is that everything involved in player development and money earning is under the player development section (Media and Graphics were moved from community, the bank was moved from the transactions section).

I've also moved things around so that player progression is higher than it was before, the HoF is now the first thing listed under SHL History, and the IIHF section is now immediately before the team threads, among other things.

Take a look at the new layout and let me know if there's anything else I should change (or let me know if you like this new layout).

One thought I have is that the player development section is extremely long compared to the others.

I was also thinking about moving the SHL Rulebook somewhere, possibly immediately under announcements or as a subforum in SHL Discussion, but I wasn't sure about that.

Thanks in advance for your input,

Eggy
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2018, 10:39 AM by .bojo.)

Can you move your face

also, I think it would make more sense to have the shl games above the player development stuff, but that's just me.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Could we please separate Player Retirement from the Create a Player subforum?

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

08-02-2018, 10:47 AMztevans Wrote: Could we please separate Player Retirement from the Create a Player subforum?

ya that could be in player transactions section or something like that

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Change it back now

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

I hate it

[Image: lebbish.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2018, 11:18 AM by TML99.)

imo should be

Player Development
-AC
-SHL Progression
-SMJHL Progression
-Bank

Media
-SMJHL Media
-SHL Media
-Graphics

Put Fantasy league under game center maybe

also would be cool to have all IIHF stuff together and not separated

just my 2cents,

Good Stuff Eggy and Crew!

Side note: I think it was susper beneficial to have the GMs listed below the team banners like on the old site

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2018, 11:28 AM by King.)

Anytime Facebook/Instagram/etc... change people always go crazy. Change is scary, and you like what you're use to.

Anyways great work, love it.

My suggestions:

Love the player development section. I never understood though why Media wasn't just one forum with two subforms. One for SHL one for SMJHL. Same goes for player progression, keep the main page clean. Makes the main page more organized. I think since the average user uses activity checks often and bank less, the order of that section should be

Player Development
  • Media
  • Graphics
  • Player Progression
  • Activity Checks
  • SHL Fantasy
  • Bank

Also think it makes sense for IIHF to be part of the IIHF Game Center, just keep IIHF stuff together.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

08-02-2018, 11:03 AMTML99 Wrote: imo should be

Player Development
-AC
-SHL Progression
-SMJHL Progression
-Bank

Media
-SMJHL Media
-SHL Media
-Graphics

Put Fantasy league under game center maybe

also would be cool to have all IIHF stuff together and not separated

just my 2cents,

Good Stuff Eggy and Crew!

Side note: I think it was susper beneficial to have the GMs listed below the team banners like on the old site

Yeah I'd prefer this setup. Just feels like there is too much in Player Development atm. Media (to me) shouldn't be stuffed in with the ACs, Progression, and the bank

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

I cant do anything

Wow this forum looks like Wuma's kid organized it

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

08-02-2018, 11:03 AMTML99 Wrote: Side note: I think it was susper beneficial to have the GMs listed below the team banners like on the old site

This is more of a technical thing than anything. I made sure to add the sidebar section with all the GMs listed there so it's somewhere for people. I'll see what I can do though.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

I Think media should have kept their separate section, everything else can be together tho (bank, pt, ac)

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

How's that

Media above player progression imo. I don't really read the player progression forum except to do a PT, but I actively follow SHL media.

That's just me tho

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]