Create Account

S42 PT #4 - The Difference
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2018, 12:32 PM by Pris.)

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS ONLY.

Scenario: The regular season is rapidly coming to a close, and many teams’ final standings positions are coming down to the wire.

Written Task: Where do you think you’ll end up? If your team’s place is already determined, what or who made the difference for your team? Was it positive or negative? Must be at least 150 words.

Graphic Task: Design an infographic for your team’s performance this season. Any unsung heroes? Any breakout stars? Must include three statistics and a render in a TV-like broadcast infographic.

You will receive 3 capped TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

This PT will close on Tuesday, August 14th, at 7 pm.

Any questions/concerns, please feel free to PM me.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2018, 04:31 PM by White Cornerback.)

Written Task: Where do you think you’ll end up? If your team’s place is already determined, what or who made the difference for your team? Was it positive or negative? Must be at least 150 words.

Right so if I had done this when I put my placeholder id have set the exact same place. Buffalo finished 4th in the ugh.. conference 2. I'm guessing that's not the official name for it, probably like the east or west conference but I digress. We finished just above the Minnesota chiefs who had a 24-23-3 record to our superior 27-20-3. We also prevented the Toronto North Cucks from hitting the playoffs as they slumped to a 23-23-4 record which is always a cherry on top.

Goalie Jordin FourFour was obviously pivotal in their success this year during the regular season and hopefully he carries it into the post season to crush some Hamilton skulls. Alexis Metzler was gigantic this year putting up more than a PPG at 52, an amazing feat only more historical for the fact it's on a Buffalo roster. Selich and Marius also put up a good season for the Stampede men.

A VERY POSITIVE SEASON IF I DO SAY SO MYSELF.

The St. Louis Scarecrows are currently in last place in the SMJHL with only a couple of sims left. We've not been able to get the consistent kind of form needed to really put a solid season together and deliver on the promise our roster has, which is a bit disappointing considering the talent we have in place. We're currently up against it with Montreal and Anchorage to make the last playoff spot and all three teams have a genuine chance of making it through, with only the tiniest margin separating them. The team who can close out their season best is going to be the one who makes the playoffs, and I have belief that the Crows can beat the odds and win out the last couple of games and make it into the playoffs. I predict we'll finish 6th in the SMJHL, with Montreal and Anchorage falling behind. From this spot we will go on to launch a famous assault on the Four Star cup and break the weak playoff form of recent seasons.

179 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2018, 03:45 PM by Alex Mack.)

[Image: Breakout_s.jpg]

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

I think we will, at worst, end up 2nd in our conference. I think we still have the opportunity to pip the Hamilton Steelhawks for the top spot in the East but their destiny is in their hands so even if we win out, there is still a solid chance it isn't enough to take the number one seed. Ultimately I think we'll finish 2nd which will mean that we'd very likely play Buffalo in the first round of the SHL playoffs which would be fun.

As far as impact is concerned, we have some great players on WKP so to sell anyone short and say anyone was negative for the team would be completely wrong. I think that Trevor Wilson, myself and Alex Light are really raising the bar offensively for the team while Bojo is loooking like a fookin rock at the back. It's been a team effort and we wouldnt be here without contributions from each and every one of us.

[Image: zQ54LhF.png]

James Dekens and his fellow Knights are gearing up for the post-season in a rather odd manner. The high flying Knights have really taken a turn for the worst in the final leg of the 42nd season of the SMJHL. In their last 10, the Knights are 5-5-0. Very odd for such a powerhouse team and not a good sign heading into the last 3 games of the season. The Vancouver Whalers have been on the Knights heels all season, overcoming a gap of more than 8 points only a few weeks ago. While the Whalers rally, the Knights have faltered and Nour can only hope that his green machine can heat back up tomorrow. While the Knights have been known to be a playoff monster in recent years, they will need Armageddon to heat up the ice age that is currently occurring throughout the stacked squad looking for their three-peat. This year’s postseason will be as competitive as ever, and the Four Star Cup is open for the taking.

[Image: dEKENS.png]

3 time Four Star Cup Champion S40-S42
S43 Jesster Trophy Nominee Winner

Scored my first SHL goal in just my second SHL game. 2. Manhattan Rage , James Dekens 1 (Mikael Talo 1, Sigurd Hansen 1) at 18:39
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2018, 04:28 PM by sarmo.)

The Chiefs have a very slim chance to make the playoffs that likely would take a miracle to happen. They have been on fire since the trade deadline but still need to win their last 4 games to even have a chance.. but this is also a Chiefs team that was dominant the past 4-5 seasons so well have to see if they still have the clutch gear to make it happen. I don't think its too much of a negative for minny to miss the playoffs since they chose to retool with the recent trades we just saw ( which essentially became the difference for the team). This way they'll have a higher pick to fulfill their team needs and they sacrificed only the guys that they were about to lose anyway. Even though it might be too late, I feel like the team is getting its chemistry back and are confident going into next season. Well just need to stick together.

The Raptors entered this season a young and uncertain team. With call ups and trades setting the story for the 2nd year of the rebrand, management, players, and fans all entered the season hoping to see flashes of greatness in a season already dubbed a rebuilding season.

With locking in a playoff spot, this team has surpassed the expectations of everyone. The goal I set for this team this year was to have fun, win a few, and maybe sneak into a playoff spot as the team grew. Instead, we locked a spot before teams that are better on paper then us.

The difference was all in our team. Management built a lineup that covered flaws while emphasizing strengths. They did it better then other teams, plan and simple. And they did it without shortening the bench! That is thanks to our active and dedicated players.

I enter the post season with no expectations what so ever, i'm just glad to be playing for more than 50 games!

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

I am confident that Hamilton can finish strong and finish 1st in the east. I'd love to come home with the president's trophy, but in the end 1st in the conference is more important, even if both are nice. This whole team is absolutely stacked, picking up a retiring jaywhy to run with us for the season was a big help. Having elite goaltending behind an elite blue line and some insanely good forwards just put us over the top. In my extremely biased opinion we are the best team in this league. It's just going to be a matter of getting us over the hump in the playoffs and getting the most out of our personnel. I could list off all the players that make us the great team that we've become but it would be basically everyone on the team, so it really has been a group effort. Our points are spread out around the team because of it, and I think it takes away the chance at some trophies for our players, but the cup is what matters most.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2018, 06:51 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: htRTmzX.png]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

[Image: xyQPGIU.png]

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

I believe for the first time in my career, I will be playing playoff hockey. The Anchorage Armada look to make the playoffs for the first time since I joined the site. I hope we end up with the highest seed possible. I don't care about matchups, I just want to be in. I don't know how much time I have in the SMJHL and I want to leave my name in history. If we can make a Cinderella story and bring Anchorage their first cup, that would be phenomenal. I'm proud of the team and what we've accomplished this season. I think this season was very positive and I hope we can build upon it next season also and do even better in the regular season. I'm just excited to be here in this position, these guys really deserve it and I hope we can win some games.

[Image: tumblr_msqiv2SUIk1rey868o1_500.gif]

FalconsChiefsUsa

Well, 4 games left for the Toronto North Stars here in S42 and there is a shot that we can move up into 4th and take the final playoff spot in the eastern conference. I could blind you with stats that are honestly really close, like the +2 Goal differential the Stars have vs -2 from the Wolfpack or how the Stars allow AND block so many more shots. But the real reason boils down to scheduling. The Toronto North Stars have 2 games against the league's worst Manhattan Rage, one against the West's worst San Fran Pride, and finish their season against the Calgary Dragons. The New England Wolfpack meanwhile have 4, yes 4! games to end the season against PLAYOFF teams, 1 each against the defending champion West Kendall Platoon, the Texas Renegades, the Los Angeles Panthers, and close the season against the Eastern Canadian Juggernauts in the shape of the Hamilton Steelhawks. Four grueling games to fight for their lives whilst the good guys in blue should have an easier go of it. Of course the big question is weather or not Simon T HATES the Stars or not but everything seems to be in their favor.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Currently the Edmonton Blizzard are in second place in their conference, but I think that they will end up in first place surpassing the Calgary Dragons. Currently the Blizzard have one game in hand and are only 2 points behind the Dragons. The most important thing here is who Calgary and Edmonton play with their final games.

Edmonton plays Seattle, Winnipeg, and Los Angeles. Edmonton is ahead of each of these teams in the standings. Meanwhile Calgary plays Winnipeg and Toronto, two teams that they are also above in the standings but are not exactly super far above. It's very possible that Calgary loses both games and that Edmonton wins all three to take the top seed in the conference. Although I do not know what the tiebreakers are if Calgary and Edmonton tie in the standings (because STHS doesn't say it on the index), my guess would be that Edmonton wins any tiebreaker between the two teams.

(Calgary fans pls don't get triggered I'm just doing the PT)

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

The Colorado Raptors have clinched a playoff spot! This is a huge accomplishment for the young team, who were told they'd be in a rebuild season after star forwards were traded away. The youngsters stepped up and the Raptors find themselves in 3rd place in the SMJHL. However powerhouses Vancouver and Kelowna sit in 1st and 2nd place respectively, and will prove an immense challenge to take down in the postseason. 2nd year goaltender Scottey Crawfling has posted the leagues 3rd best save percentage, and the team needs him to preform now more than ever entering the playoffs.

Crawfling's SHL team the Seattle Riot face a different scenario. 5 points out of a playoff spot with 3 games left, the Riot are relying on a miracle to get into the postseason. However one of their last games against the Panthers, one of the 2 teams 5 points ahead and fighting for the last playoff spot. There's hope in the Seattle locker room, but they need to win out, and then get lucky.

[Image: Crawfling2.png]