Create Account

S42 PT #4 - The Difference

The Seattle Riot yet again miss these SHL Playoffs. There were two problems. Youth and depth. I know age has nothing to do with the sim, but in this PT it does. We're trying to get some rooks and young players into this lineup in order to get the team going. We have top end talent like Callagan, Eastwood, and especially Louie motherfucker Garret. We need to continue to grow our depth in order to turn us into a stable team. Our offense looks shaky, but our defense looks certain with Bodnar, Kalju, and Johnson. O'Callaghan and Eastwood will be the top 2. Our offense led by Demaricus Smith, Louie Garret and others is looking good too. Joseph Lombardi came to the Riot and we need to hope for him to resign so our chances of competing increase. Herb Roberts has ghosted and will most likely never make the SHL certifying him as an SHL 2nd overall draft bust. Daniel Danil was active as all hell and he ghosted and has also become a 6th overall fuck up. The youth needs to learn, the depth needs to grow, and Samee Iqbal the general manager of the Seattle Riot needs to do something about drafting.

Written Task: Where do you think you’ll end up? If your team’s place is already determined, what or who made the difference for your team? Was it positive or negative? Must be at least 150 words.

At the time of writing this, the Los Angeles Panthers are currently up two games to zero over the Edmonton Blizzard, a place that many of us panthers probably didn't think we would be while we were midway through the season. We had an absolutely awful start to the year. I believe through the first handful of games we were in last place in the western conference. But slowly over the year we started to build, getting better and better with every game. By the end of the season we were dominating, going on a 9-3 run in our last 12 games which included a 5 game winning streak. We've made the Challenge Cup Finals 2 times in the last 3 seasons. We know we can get there, we just need to finish the job and bring home the cup. And this year we have the confidence to finally get it done.

155 words

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

[Image: THUNDERPT1.png]

Germany Elk Aurora [Image: vKrOFwy.png] [Image: VbtOVyg.png] Aurora Elk Germany

[Image: Thunder39.gif]

Sadly, the Toronto North Star won't be a part of the playoffs this season either. It is kind of expected how the team was remade from scratch one or two seasons ago. However, I must say I'm really impressed about how far we made it this season. The new recruits really kicked ass during our games and it was really good hockey to watch (and read). We scored a lot of points and we have 6-7 players that are now an interesting pick for the fantasy league. That's a lot to say about our potential. We still lack some strength in defense but I think it came along really well during the second half of the S42 season. A position in the playoffs was really close and if we had a little bit better defense globally as a team, we would probably have made it in our conference.

We still have lots to improve in the future but as long as our new player base grows stronger, we will return to the playoffs in a near future. I cannot say if S43 will be a big breakthrough but I'm completely sure it will be awesome hockey to watch.

Texas managed to finish 3rd in the West standings. A lot of this is owed to Colton Hagan's heroic break out season. Not amounting to much in the first half of his career, he managed 52 points over this season leading the team. Always a physical presence, he struck fear into the hearts of the opposing team wherever we went.
Another important part of our success comes from Mikhail Petrikov. A rookie this season, this defenseman had a stellar campaign leading the rookie scoring sheet for much of the season contributing 21 points overall to the team.
Logan Jensen was an interesting aspect to Texas' success as well. Scoring 20 goals over the season, 9 of them came from hat tricks! He led the team in hat tricks and it seemed when he was hot, he was hot. He was an excellent addition to the first line.

Code:
150 words

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]
[Image: duderino.gif]

Clint Eastwood, Jun 10 2018,  09:36 AM Wrote:Can't buy love, but love can buy a lot.

With the end of the season wrapping up the LA Panthers can let out a sigh of relief as they barely squeaked into the playoffs. With a 28-22 record they were 2 points above Winnipeg Jets and will now have chance to try to win the Cup. Looking on the Panthers team you notice that there was a huge contributor on this team. In all it was just good depth play by everyone. LA Panthers had four forwards with 50 points or above and a defenseman of Matthew Leetch who had 49. And the four forwards of Sophia Bennett, Jean-Luc Reflieux, Maximilian Wachter, and Matthew Auston had all scored over 20 goals each. Having this type of depth was one of the reasons they were successful last year in the playoffs and fans are hoping they can replicate and maybe even win the cup this year. But the depth doesn't stop just there. Goalie wise Marmeladov was good enough to keep the fort down. While the backup goaltender Ben Holtby when he was given the chance blossomed late in the season to really give the push so the Panthers crossed over the finish line.

[Image: vikian.gif]

Winnipeg's downfall was ultimately its lack of offense. Typically a star-studded group of forwards, the Jets had no issue generating shots, finishing third in the league with more than 33 shots per game. However, those shots infrequently led to goals. Winnipeg finished 12th in the league in scoring (2.9 goals per game), putting them in an uphill battle every game even with a stout defense and solid netminding from Artom Zhumbayev.

Only one player eclipsed the 40-point mark on the season, center Zach Evans. For him, a 45-point campaign was his worst since scoring 28 points in Season 34. However, it was enough to lead the team by six points over Jason Visser, who also hadn't had such a poor season With such poor offensive performances across the board, it comes as little surprise Winnipeg was unable to miracle its way into the playoffs.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

As of this moment, the Anchorage Armada have a 3-0 lead over the Detroit Falcons. Our goalie, Benjamin Bleu has been outstanding so far, with a save percentage of 0.953 and a GAA of 1.00. Considering his save percentage and GAA were 0.884 and 3.26 respectably, that's a huge improvement. He's been one of our best players so far so far. While it's a small sample size, I believe that a hot goalie is instrumental to any long Cup run. I do think that we can make it to the Cup finals. To say that I expect us to win is a little bit too much, but I believe in all our players to put in their best efforts of the season when it counts the most. Cameron Carter II has also been a force to be reckoned with, scoring 3 goals and 2 assists in the 3 games so far. With any luck, he can continue his scoring streak and propel the Armada to the finals.

[Image: 400x200.jpg]

The Buffalo Stampede entered Season 42 with the expectation of a return to the postseason. A deep team that plays a defensive style of game, the Stampede found themselves with the 4th seed in the East and the league's lowest Goals Against Average (2.7 goals allowed/game). Leading the way for the Stampede were veterans Alexis Metzler, Viktor Vorkampfer, and Jordin FourFour Jr. Alexis Metzler had the best season of his career and looks likely to win the Stevens trophy, awarded to the best defenseman in the league. Metzler scored 52 points, dished out 169 hits, and blocked 68 shots while played 24 and a half minutes per game on average, truly incredible numbers for the star on a deep blueline. After spending the offseason working on his shot, Viktor Vorkampfer came into the season with revitalized confidence in the offensive zone, scoring a career-high 49 points. Vorkampfer also had 194 hits, a hair under 52% success rate at the faceoff dot, and boasted the second highest plus-minus rating in the league (+28). FourFour Jr. was a brick wall in net for the Stampede, leading the league in save percent (.920%), goals against average (2.52), minutes played (2,789 MP), and shutouts (4). He's already got the Honcho in the bag, is a safe bet for the McBride, and is a strong contender for both the Mexico and the Khan. Truly one of the greatest goaltending performances in league history.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Well the end of the season has come, and the Winnipeg Jets have finished outside of the playoffs and first place for the first time since Gary Grease's SHL debut. It looks like the Jets will be drafting 6th overall for the s43 SHL entry draft, unless they can somehow pulloff winning the lottery for the first overall pick. One player in particular that had a negative impact on the team this season was defenseman Gary Grease himself. Gary Grease went from being over +30 just one season ago, to being a negative -17 on the Jets for S43 - the worst on the team. Furthermore, Gary Grease in no way helped solve the teams scoring woes. With a measly 1 goal on the season, Gary Grease proved to be a part of the problem rather than part of the solution. This offseason, Gary Grease is hoping to lose over 100 pounds, practice his shot, and all in all become more of a threat in all areas of the ice to hopefully help the Jets back to president's trophy contention.

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

The Detroit Falcons finished the season towards the back of the pack. We made the playoffs but we didn’t blow anyone’s minds along the way y’know. We had our ups and downs, more down the ups, but we were able to secure a playoff spot by the skin of our teeth. Players this season struggled across the board. With such a huge influx of rookies and many veteran losses from the season prior, it was harder to compete seriously with the upper half of the pack, many of whom had large rookie classes and many returning veterans. I will say, however, that our young goalie really stepped up regardless. There was a lot on his shoulders to do more than decent, which he certainly did and is a hard thing to ask of someone just walking into a league like the SMJHL. All in all, we did okay. Not as well as I’d have liked, but about as well as could be expected from a team in our position before the season. Unfortunately, it will be my last in Detroit. I wish we could have done more, but it is what it is. Hopefully they can expand upon this rookie class and make something special happen.

[Image: bXyuiQK.png?2]
Alucard,Apr 14 2016, 03:33 PM Wrote:May the harvest be with you, young spud.
enigmatic,Aug 26 2016, 10:05 AM Wrote:Jedi could have 1 TPE and still improve any team [Image: ashamed0001.gif]
[Image: uyTKBKH.png]
[Image: jSQTZY7.png]

First ever Norwegian IIHF Goal!!
Code:
2. Team Norway , Jackson Rodgers-Tanaka 1 (Isabella Esparza-Osvaldson, Aleksander Andrezjeck) at 5:50

Special Thanks to Count Chocula for the Hugo G sig <3

Seeing as we're well into the playoffs at this point, it's a genuinely fairly simple task to point out why the Hamilton Steelhawks were as good as they played this regular season. The depth on this team is beyond stellar. Almost everyone was playing at a 20+ point season, and you didn't see many Hamilton names at the top of scoring leaderboards because the points were so spread out across the roster. Almost everyone was contributing night in and night out, and having a team that can do that is as valuable as it gets.

Beyond that, our defence + goaltending were some of the big reasons that we took the President's Trophy. Picking up JY for the start of the season gave us a big boost in confidence, having a retiring but still incredibly solid goaltender sitting in net. When you've got a reliable back end, it makes it easier to not worry about letting goals in--which lets your team focus on gunning them into the net.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch