Create Account

S42 PT #4 - The Difference

The Dragons have surprised many yet again, as we currently sit atop the standings for the entire league. However, we’ve been playing pretty poorly the last few sims, so with the final sim on the horizon, I see us finishing 3rd in the league, behind Edmonton and Hamilton. We weren’t supposed to be here, as many preseason tests and predictions had us finally missing the playoffs, but there we are, once again, for the 18th time in 19 seasons. My player didn’t help much this season, shooting only 8.13% right now. Had I shot the usual 12.50%, I’d have about 59 points, and I’d be running away with my 2nd MVP with Calgary in first, and my 200 hits being impressive. Luckily, the emergence of Mike Izzy and his 51 points to go along with his 172 Hits has helped make up the slack, as well as Mikko Linna seamlessly replacing Dani Forsberg in the lineup with their 46 points. Our secondary scoring was doing well, as players like Casey Creller, Ostap Maksimov, and Hunter Jones have all taken a nice step forward. All in all, its been another great team effort by the Dragons! (195)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Both of my teams - Montreal Militia and New England Wolfpack are in the midst of very tight playoff races.

I'll start with Militia one - they are at the moment 6th one point ahead of the Halifax Raiders and St. Louis Scarecrows. One big if is that they face dreaded Kelowna Knights team they lost in 7 games in last year 4 star cup finals - the team that has only cup chasing vets and no picks or prospects whatsoever. Still, they were able to win the last meeting, but now with their usual goalie it's going to be much harder task. I'd love contribute more, but so far it's my second underwhelming season in a row.

Wolfpack meanwhile is sitting comfortably at the 4th, 4 points ahead of the Toronto North Stars and looking very likely to break the post season drought. Question remains how strong will they look in their stint there, but I'd an amazing experience to join them in their run in case Militia misses the playoffs for the first time during my stay there.

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

Duce found himself traded to the Chiefs at the trade deadline. The team needs to win out for the remainder of the season in order to sneak into the playoffs, but there's optimism that it can be done. Regardless of how the season ends for the Chiefs, these last four games will be a chance for Duce to get to know his new teammates, work on his chemistry with the team, and get ready for training camp to open up next season. If they are able to sneak in and make the playoffs, they have an uphill battle to fight to claim the Cup, but you can never count any team out in the playoffs. As far as next season goes, Duce realizes his contract has a team option after this season ends. He's hoping to put up a few more points in the last four games to convince management, and his teammates, he's worth keeping around.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

The Seattle Riot have been eliminated. We stayed in the hunt for a playoff spot until the end, and it was only with two games left that we were eliminated from playoff contention. Looking at our schedule, the Riot went 3-7 in their first ten games, only notching wins against San Francisco (twice) and Winnipeg. The next ten were better. Seattle went 5-5, and beat New England, Edmonton, Calgary, and Texas. But looking at the rest of the schedule, you don't see as many wins as you'd like. This is a team that once had a 7 game losing streak, and yet they somehow stayed in contention. That's impressive. The outlook for next season looks good, as young players like DeMaricus Smyth and Alexander Zajac took big strides. Defensive defensman Clint Eastwood somehow has 40 points. But the real bright spot has been Louie Garrett. He's averaging slightly over a point per game, and is the leader of this young Seattle team. He's definitely made a positive difference for this team.
178 words

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2018, 08:35 AM by Snappy.)

The Colorado Raptors have clinched a playoff spot and can clinch third place in the SMJHL with the last sim of the season today. At the start of the season we expected to be out of a playoff spot and rebuilding for next season. We traded away our top forward and top defenseman in Cash Savage and Kevin Maddox for futures and prospects. During this rebuilding stage, we decided to keep our locker room as active as it can be to encourage players to keep training and improving during the down year, this had another effect. We had a slow start out of the gates but only lost our opening games in overtime or a down by a goal. We kept steadily improving and staying active which paid dividends for us later in the season when we we went off for eight games out of ten and pulled ourselves above .500. Activity and morale in the locker room has been our difference maker!

163 Words

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

It was my impression at least that not many people expected much out of the Wolfpack this season; however, we now find ourselves locked into a playoff spot with a solid chance at the #3 seed in the East. It's a pretty cool experience for my first ever season at the SHL level, though it's not like Gotze has contributed much of anything to the team despite picking up big-time minutes with the second line and some powerplay units. Oisin Fletcher has literally picked the team up and carried us across the finish line, not only leading the team in several key areas but also currently sitting as one of the top wingers and overall players in the league. We also have Mia Landvik playing some really solid defense, picking up a ton of hits on the season and blocking shots all over the place. In conclusion, we'll be seeing the rest of the SHL in the playoffs thanks to nice performances from Fletcher, Landvik, and many others and despite a poor season from Gotze.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

[Image: 9JXdNBQ.png]

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

As the starting goalie for Halifax, I have a bit more direct control in the direction the team goes. The first half of the season was great and things were looking good. Then the second half happened. Good lord. We lost 6 straight games to end the season, several of which were by 1 goal margins. Had a few of those went the right way, we would have made the playoffs. Losing the last 6 is just the tip of the iceberg tho. We lost 13 of the last 16. What the fuck. As the goalie, I take person accountability for it, but in all fairness Halifax is a team of mostly rookies. Several other teams had quite a few more send downs, so their rosters were stacked. We didn’t overcome… but as most of the team will be back next season, our upcoming season is a lot more promising.

TPE: 150

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2018, 12:24 PM by goilers.)

This season has been a pretty tough season for the Los Angeles Panthers, we started out pretty rough and weren’t able to bounce back. I believe at one point this season we might have been in last place in our division. However as were coming down the home stretch we’ve had some really good luck, our team has come together and we are making a huge push for the post season. We have what it takes to make it into the playoffs so hopefully we can do it. 3rd place, 4th place are anyone’s game right now, it’s been a battle with the Winnipeg Jets these last couple games but I truly believe you will see the Panthers back in the playoffs this season. It will be a tough run but they have what it takes. The one player who made a difference is our back up goaltender Ben Holtby. The kid has been unstoppable, he’s played 6 games and won 5 and lost 1. It’s been so good to watch him succeed and the team trusts both goaltenders behind us. Here’s hoping we make it!
Code:
168 Words

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

I think the Edmonton Blizzard have a great shot of ending up as one of the top teams in the league at the end of the regular season. It looks like 3rd place is a pretty likely landing spot for the Blizzard and there were obviously quite a few difference makers and key players that got us to this point but I think a few guys played more pivotal roles than others. One of the biggest difference makers has got to be Cory Knouse with back to back seasons of some pure domination. Last season he was a point machine and this season he managed to rack up another 53, but more impressive was his +28 on the season. When Knouse was on the ice the Blizzard were winning games. The other big difference maker was Tigole Bitties who led the team in goals with a strong showing of 27. To make it more impressive he was able to contribute with a +26 on the season. Hopefully with these big names showing up together all regular season the Blizzard will be able to make some noise in the playoffs this season.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

Sadly, another season and another day Toronto players end up at home. With losing the last 6 games by a goal, Toronto and Tommy Tuck have been sent home, yet again. With this happening yet again, the team does need to look up at how they can better help alleviate some of the pressure that their goalies face, as Tommy did. Facing 1394 shots in 42 games is seeing 33 shots coming at you a night, and anybody seeing that much action is bound to be letting goals in. Toronto’s defense needs to step their game up and help propel them to the next level, because if they want to get somewhere in the playoffs, or even make it, these are just some of the things that are going to need to be changed in order for that to happen. Whether it be through the draft or through free agency, Toronto needs to make some splashes.

(156 words)
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2018, 08:34 PM by Steelhead77.)

The Calgary Dragons are having another great season, making the playoffs for the 18th time in 19 seasons and 9th time straight. We've been in 1st for a while now and were well ahead of the league for a bit there, but we've come back to earth a little which I was expecting after an amazing 20 game run of 16-4. So at this point we're locked into the #1 or #2 spot in the west, the seeding will be decided with the remaining couple games for us and edmonton. Winning the division would be nice, but I'm happy with home ice in round 1. The team played great this year, our top players played like we needed them to and our depth came through as well as our goalie being a stud for 3/4 of the season. I expect our top players to be our top players, that's always key, Joe K, Izzy, Kaiser and Augustus all brought it and the addition of Mikko Linna to that group worked out fantastic. We also had some younger players take steps forward like Maksimov, Jones and Creller. However, I think what made the biggest difference for us this year was our depth scoring, our goaltender and our strong defense. Our line 3 forwards really came through and an area that we were concerned could potentially be a weakness coming into the season actually turned out to be a strength, they chipped in solid offense and are all a +9 rating. Our goaltender Richard C Hocolate was the hottest in the league at points and stole games for us early in the year. Our defensive core was also outstanding, producing offense while allowing one of the lowest goals against and shot totals on the season. Special teams and puck possession were also great this year. The team came together nicely to support the production of our top players and it was really a great season all around. Looking fwd to the playoffs.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

For the Montreal Militia, unfortunately I think that we will be out in the first round, coming in as the 6th seed. Although, last season we did come in as a low seed and made it all the way to game 7 of the finals. We did have Walter Hobbs though, and although we finished the season strong and booked our way to the playoffs, the confidence might now be totally there. Montreal was much better on the road than at home, which as the worst team to make the playoffs, that could work for us.

For the Texas Renegades, they will be winning the Challenge Cup this season. A lot of good character in that locker room, they believe in every single one of their players to bring something unique to the team. They'll need some help to actually clinch a playoff spot this year, but if they do, they'll make some noise.

The Edmonton Blizzard have held a playoff spot now since very early in the season and we’re just the second team in the league to secure a post-season berth a few days ago. Predicted by many to be one of the stronger teams in the western conference, it was of little surprise they find themselves near the top of the league, but how they got there was a quite a bit different than in previous seasons. A team known for their staunch defense and high caliber goaltending, they struggled to put up lofty goal totals. This time around however, the Blizzard find themselves at the top of the league in goals for, with 2 players above point per game totals, 5 already with at least 40 points and potentially a 6th if Cuddles can get 2 points in the last 2 games. So who made the biggest difference? It’s hard not to look at the body of work of Tigole Bitties and Connor Tanner. The two have already set career highs in multiple categories and make a strong case for some individual hardware in the upcoming off-season.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

The Wolfpack stats look top heavy, with Oisin Fletcher, Xander Green amd Toivo Kosonen, amassing lots of points. There was also scoring form the 2nd line with Isaac Kaiser and Patrikov Bure both putting up over 25 points. Both goalies exceeded expectations initially set in the off-season. Mikke Laukkanen came in and posted a 22-14-6 record, a 3.12 GAA and 0.904 save percentage. Rookie backup, Julian O'Sullivan put up a 3-2-1 record with the same save percentage as Mikke, 0.904, and a 2.77 GAA. It's obvious that Green and Fletcher had amazing chemistry this season, both nearly at the top of the leader boards, with Fletcher inching in on the leading scorer position. It looks top heavy, but the Wolfpack playoff bid was a combined effort. The team rose to the occasion and clinched a playoff spot after missing in the prior season.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]