Create Account

SMJHL PT 6 - Bonus

We've had some requests for an extra PT before Championship Week and since we have the time, we've decided to give the people what they want. However, we're not giving it away for free. As the old saying goes, we scratch your back, you scratch ours...and we're in the market for some new PT material for next season. Wink

Task

Part 1: Come up with the parameters for a brand new PT. Must be hockey related, include a written and a graphic's option, and require enough effort to be worth 4 TPE.

Part 2: Complete either the written or graphics component of someone else's PT idea.

We realize that the first couple of posters won't have many options to choose from for Part 2, so it's cool if you want to post Part 1 and then come back and complete Part 2 later, but you must complete both parts before the deadline to receive full credit for this PT.

Reward

4 TPE for doing the thing, plus bonus TPE opportunities if your PT idea is awesome and/or if we feel like you put in a lot of effort on one or both parts.

Only S42 SMJHL Rookies (S43 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT. (If you signed after the trade deadline, that isn't you.)

Do NOT claim TPE for this task until a post has been made in the claim thread.

Deadline
August 19, 11:59 PM Eastern

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2018, 08:07 PM by Good_Ole_Kimmy.)

Part 1: 
Written Option: What is you're teams most effective line, who's on it, and what contributed to their success? (150 Words)

Graphics Option: Make a graphic showing the stats of the line in a unique and creative way.

Part 2: @39alaska39
Moving into the United States from Germany was definitely a big milestone in my life, and I was super happy moving to Colorado the state is beautiful. One thing I was not super happy about was the team mate that I was forced to bunk with, Tony Pepperoni. Hes a great player on and off the ice, but just the worst room mate of all time. Well, maybe not the worst but our personalities just clash so much. For example, where I like to stay up and work on things to try and not get behind on my work, where as he would much rather go to sleep early. However, the going to sleep early part isn't the problem it's the fact he goes to sleep so early and then tries to sleep way later than me. I want to get to the rink early so I can maximize my practice time and show the coaches that I am willing to improve. Its really frustrating because he is so reluctant to practice but so much better than me, its crazy! I just really wish that I could get a different bunk mate, and believe me I have asked, he is such a slob and I can't really deal with him for another season.

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2018, 11:56 PM by MyLittleHexx.)

Part 1: Doing Their Job For Them
The league has asked the team if they could have their rookies go around town and do the jobs of the locals to help familiarize the city with the new rookies, while also building up the brand of the team and league.

Written Option: In at least 150 words, write about at least three jobs that you and your teammates did while helping out the locals of the city. Examples include helping out at a restaurant, delivering newspapers around town, ect.

Graphic Option: You were out on the town, so show us one of the things you did! Must involve an activity being done and your teams logo.

Part 2:
Graphics option: Show us what your player’s room looks like, any unique memorabilia or features we might find interesting

[Image: ocmI4iO.jpg]

Notable:
- All-Star Dany Heatley Poster, because he's a fucking all-star.
- Bob Probert Poster, because he's the greatest fighter hockey will ever see at the professional level.
- Giant Toblerone, because Sulak is Swiss.
- Wheeled Hockey Bag, because it's convenient and there's nothing wrong with your equipment bag.
- Easton Stick, because it was given to him by a friend and he don't have the heart to get rid of it yet.
- Line Brawl Poster, because Sulak needs to remember the important things in hockey.
- Hockey Puck Seat, because he's a hockey player that needs a seat that lacks back support.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2018, 10:59 PM by 39alaska39.)

Part 1: Describe your living situation during the season. Are you living with a billet family, teammates, your own family? How is this affecting your preparation for games? (150 words)

Graphics option: Show us what your player’s room looks like, any unique memorabilia or features we might find interesting

Part 2: [Image: tZb8met.png]

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2018, 01:00 AM by Gaia Mormont.)

Part One:

Written:  In 150 words or more, create the 2 starting line-ups (East versus West) of the Season 42 smjhl All-Star teams.  It must contain ten skaters and 2 goalies with a quick blurb about why each were chosen.  It could be a point leader, or a fan favourite.

Graphic:  Create a graphic of the starting line-up of one side of the smjhl All-Star team.  Must contain 5 skaters, a goalie (renders optional) and the team each player represents.  Choose wisely, this may go down in the record books.

Part Two:

[Image: enqpWwq.png]

[Image: WcULpFF.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2018, 12:58 AM by Schultzy.)

Part one:

Written: complete a Pro team scouting report for an SMJHL rookie in your class but not on your team. Must include 200 words and cannot just be a copy of their player template. Must include their current bank account balance, at least one attribute and at least one stat from the season performance.

Graphic: Make an SHL Draft logo /banner for the upcoming draft featuring an SMJHL rookie name and render

Part 2: The Hit Piece

Pavel "the problem" Pivonka Fails To Impress Scouts

SHL scouts are racing to grade the monumental pool of young prospects in this year's Rookie Entry Draft but one name in particular seems to already be crossed off everyone's list.

Pavel Pivonka the enigmatic power forward winger turned two way center has invoked laughs from scouts thus far and not because of his sense of humor. Pivonka is way behind his class in TPE and has not completed a PGS yet this season making his draft stock tumble in comparison to the rest of his class.

On top of the lack of development is the lack of production on the ice. With just five goals this season and two fights (neither of which he won), it's clear that the fourth line he was stuck on all year was his rightful place.

Then there's the off ice issues. The lack of press availability, the constant complaining about graphics grading, the endless toxic advice to other rookies and of course the tampering scandal in Czechoslovakia which he insists is a "corrupt and illegal witch hunt".

Pivonka is without question the worst active player going into the SHL Entry Draft and every team knows it. The audacity of Pavel to demand "big money contracts" is downright insulting. So far, no team has shown any interest and that doesn't look to change. Pivonka could easily end up undrafted and perhaps that's the only thing that will turn his career around.

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2018, 08:28 PM by Sean.)

Part one:

Hit Piece:
Written: Not everyone is a fan of your play in the SMJHL, write a 200 word hit piece style article that someone in the media would write about you. Please include at least one bad on ice and off ice incident.

Graphic: Create a "National Enquirer" styled front page featuring a degrading photo and headline featuring your player.

Part Two:

Describe your living situation during the season. Are you living with a billet family, teammates, your own family? How is this affecting your preparation for games? (150 Words)

It's been tough being so far away from home. I'm originally from the Toronto area and it's quite different living here in Colorado. I've been shacking up with Andrew Martin. He's another rookie and we're kind of figuring this one out together. It can be hard because Andrew is very dedicated and I like to slack off a bit. He "doesn't believe" in afternoon naps and instead is busy listening to lectures from his online university. He has headphones on, but sometime I can hear him typing and it's annoying. We started commuting together, but he likes getting to the games earlier than I do. So I more mess with his pregame routine than he does with mine. I'm sure we'll figure this out, he's a pretty great guy besides his personality. Maybe I'll change it up and make it a bit easier on him. Maybe I'll suggest letting Troy McClure III live with us next year. That guy knows how to party.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2018, 07:54 PM by notorioustig.)

Part 1:

Team-Building Exercise

For many teams, the beginning of training camp offers a chance to lay the foundation of a successful season, either in the standings or in terms of long-term growth. A big part of that is building a cohesive locker room full of individuals who are all pulling the same direction towards the same goal. In at least 150 words, write about a team-building exercise your team participated and describe how some players acted and reacted during and after the event.

Graphic Option: Make an image depicting a couple of members of your team participating in a team-building exercise or hanging out together in the locker room. Must include the team logo somewhere.

Part 2: 39alaska39 - Describe your living situation during the season. Are you living with a billet family, teammates, your own family? How is this affecting your preparation for games? (150 words)

After arriving in Detroit for training camp, I was introduced to my billet family for the first time. From the minute I arrived at the Hendersons', I felt at home and that feeling has only gotten stronger since. When you're a young player trying to adjust to playing at a high level for the first time, having certain things taken care of for you is an incredible help. For example, I came home from a long road trip to my laundry being done (I normally do it myself so they went out of their way) and a homecooked meal topped with a sticky note congratulating me on my goal that night (they must have listened to the game on the radio). I also spend a lot of time hanging out with their children, who are between 6 and 12. Being able to relax by playing street hockey with them is a great way to de-stress during the low parts of the season. It's really touching to be invited into the home of complete strangers and end up becoming part of their family.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Part 1:
Pt #X
Stress: we know as rookies the stress of playing at such a high level can get to some people. Many players find ways to relax. Describe in 150 words or more what you do to relieve stress before or after the game
Graphic option: create a graphic that how a list of how you relax.

Part 2: 39Alaska39

Well arriving in Vancouver when I got drafted, the veteran players were gracious for letting the rookies crash at their apartments. Gecko let me into his place and got me situated. The first week or so were very nice, gecko provided me with a nice place, allowing me to settle into the city and practice. Then after training camp Carlo Russo and I decided to rent an apartment together for the first year. It’s a pretty spacious room close to the arena, for the rest of the season everything went along without a hitch. Russo and I get along greatly, and hope we get to play on the same line together

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2018, 09:34 PM by CanadianDuck.)

Part 1 - Season Highlight

In a minimum of 100 words describe the highlight moment of your season, a play/goal/fight/ect.

Graphic Option: Make an image/gif of the play.

Part 2 - (Describe your living situation during the season. Are you living with a billet family, teammates, your own family? How is this affecting your preparation for games?)

Finding a place to stay wasn't hard after signing with St. Louis. A long time friend had moved here years ago and offered to let me stay as long as I needed. When I'm not at practice or training, my time is usually spent playing games with my friend and helping around the house. They have made me feel so welcome from the moment I stepped into the door. My friends dad is an avid fisherman so I go fishing when I can. The youngest son enjoys playing street hockey with me and likes to tell me he wants to be a hockey player when he gets older. My room is just what you would expect from a young hockey player, hockey posters in the wall, a tv with a gaming system, a random sock on the ceiling fan that no one knows exactly how it got up there. I am so thankful for the way I have been treated by my 2nd family, and to all the families who bring in young players who are away from home and needing a place to stay.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2018, 11:52 PM by King.)

Part 1: Oh baby.

Idea 1) Dream Line: If you're a forward pick two other line mates from two other teams. If a defencemen pick a d partner from another team and a goalie from another team. If a goalie pick two defencemen from different teams to play in front of you. Write a 200 word blurb on why the 3 of you would be a dream team. Include your trio's signature play. Graphics component. Make a group signature including the three of you.

Idea 2) A day as a team owner. You have just taken over a team in the SMJJ(Junior Junior)HL and your first task is to relocate and rebrand them. Pick the city, team name and colours. Explain why that city and why that logo, any connections to the city? Graphics option, design the logo for your team.

Idea 3) Tinder Profile: Being out on the road all the time, traveling from city to city gets awfully lonely and sometimes an SMJHL prospect just needs some love. Make a tinder profile for your player and swipe left on three players and swipe right on three players. Graphics portion, actually draw out the tinder profile.

Idea 4) Player Fusion! A mad scientist has created a machine that will fuse you with one other player. Pick one player and fuse your strengths and weaknesses together. Describe the resulting player, his name, and his build/style of play. Graphics, draw your fused player.

Idea 5) Fits like a glove. Sometimes you can just see certain players playing on certain teams. Pick two other people from your draft class and think which SHL team suits them best and why. Graphics option, do a jersey swap of that player playing for the other team.

Idea 6) Your rival. Every great super star has a great rival. Pick one fellow draft mate who is your rival and write a story about how your rivalry emerged. Graphics option, a visual of the two of you going head to head.

Idea 7) (Sort of inspired by the last one) Mirror you. Link has Dark Link, Mario has Wario and you have your mirror version. Create a player who is the anti-thesis of you in every single way. Personality, play style, etc.. don't be afraid to poke fun at your self. Graphics. Provide a graphic of you and your mirror form.

Idea 8) Survivor, SMJHL Island. You and 3 other SMJHL players are the four finalists, trapped on a desserte island in the newest season of survivor. You're eliminated first of the four, then others are eliminated one at a time. Describe who is eliminated in what order, and what it was that got them eliminated. Graphics, provide a graphic of one of your players getting eliminated from the island.

Idea 9) The season from hell. Fast forward one full season from now. Your next season has begun and finished and it went as poorly as it possible could have. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. Explain what happened. Graphics, do a media depiction highlighting the worst day of the season.

Part 2: Graphic: Create a "National Enquirer" styled front page featuring a degrading photo and headline featuring your player.

[Image: l6gL2kA.png]

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2018, 02:11 AM by CaptainCrazy.)

Part 1:

Writting Option:
You have to imagine that it is off-season and your player has ended money for living. You have to write atleast 100 words where your player is going to earn money.

Graphic Option: You have to make an advertisement for TV where your player invites to come and follow your team's games. You have to include atleast 1 render and 1 TV channel logo.

Part 2: (Graphics, provide a graphic of one of your players getting eliminated from the island.)

[Image: 2frwyz.jpg]

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2018, 03:45 AM by Mayuu.)

Part 1: Road trip
A road trip might entail a string of away games, a fun team building exercise or a great vacation with your favorite team mates. 
Whatever your destination may be and what activities you might do, they all strengthen the bonds between you and your team. 
Write 150 words about where you went, who you took with you and what sort of activity you participated in.

Part2: Graphics option
String together a collage of you and your team mates road trip, locations you visited or activity you engaged in.
This includes pictures or names of the team mates your brought a long

(Examples: That time Hippo went to visit Paligmas grand parents and had biscuits and tea and watched old pictures of a young Paligma. The time GM Waters took Lagerfield to a strip club all expenses paid. When the entire Falcons roster participated in Detroit pride festival parade in only their jockstraps.)

Quote:Part 1:
Pt #X
Stress: we know as rookies the stress of playing at such a high level can get to some people. Many players find ways to relax. Describe in 150 words or more what you do to relieve stress before or after the game
Graphic option: create a graphic that how a list of how you relax.
After every game Hippo Passamus does the same ritual to keep him self anchored, he's proud of his Swedish heritage, and actually miss his parents and farm a lot.
His family is nice and sends him Swedish food by mail to keep him supplied which he is ever so grateful for.
He sits himself down in his grandmothers old recliner which he got shipped from Sweden, make sure kick his feet up.
On his platter there's two pieces of hard bread, two hard boiled eggs and a tube of Kalles caviar.
He uses his egg slicer to make the eggs easy to spread out on the hard bread and applies a good amount of Kalles on top.
He pops in a DVD, his mom's favorite show called Rederiet (The Shipping Company loosely translate) and relaxes, when the episode is done he treat himself to a piece of candy called Turkish Peppers. A large, hollow round shell both coated and filled with ammonium chloride powder.
Hippo thinks back to the beautiful country side of Sweden and how much he loves to go back there in the summers.

RETIRED

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2018, 06:11 AM by ViN.)

Part 1:

Your team just won a game! How exciting! How do you and your team normally celebrate a win? Go to a local strip club? Dance naked in the locker room? Go out to eat at TGI Fridays?

Written:
In 150 words or more, describe a typical post-game ritual you and your team go through after winning a game.

Graphic:
Upload some images from a past time you and your team celebrated after a win.

Part 2:

Graphic Option:
Make an image depicting a couple of members of your team participating in a team-building exercise or hanging out together in the locker room. Must include the team logo somewhere.

[Image: 5CuTEVp.jpg]

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

Part 1

After a long fought season, you may find yourself starting to get to know some players around the league. Maybe you have a new training partner from Kelowna or you started a uni-cycle gang with someone from Anchorage, or maybe you have been egging that one enforcers house after each game because you hate their guts.

Written:  In at least 150 words, write about 2 different players on opposing teams. One where you have good experiences with and the other a negative one.

Graphic: Create me a picture of you getting along with an opposing player, or one where you are fighting another player.

Part 2: In a minimum of 100 words describe the highlight moment of your season, a play/goal/fight/ect. @CanadianDuck

The highlight for me this season was scoring my first career hat-trick. It came late in the season, when the Crow's had a fighting chance to make the playoffs. It was game # 145 against league favorites, Kelowna Knights. Steven Moyer, was winning face-offs all night for our line. He was key to my goals, even though he didn't get the points he deserved this game. Adam Taylor set me up all three times and I was firing on all cylinders. I will not forget that game ever. I scored the second goal of the first period, the 4th goal of the second period, and the only goal in the third period. All goals came on regular five on five play. I took home the first star with my buddy, Taylor, taking home the second. After this game, and with the playoffs coming up, coach decided to put me on to the first line.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ