Create Account

SMJHL PT 6 - Bonus
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2018, 09:21 PM by HoltzFan10.)

Accidental post

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Part 1:
In 150 Words, what is the best relating pokemon to any player within your draft class? Explain why they would be that pokemon from look to type, can also include level and story within the show.

Part 2:
A day as a team owner. You have just taken over a team in the SMJJ(Junior Junior)HL and your first task is to relocate and rebrand them. Pick the city, team name and colours. Explain why that city and why that logo, any connections to the city? Graphics option, design the logo for your team.

The Philadelphia Extremists - Purple & Black
This is a very personal reasoning, as well as the city being massive and having so many professional sports teams already which take up the names you would anticipate. This team is in one of the larger cities in the East of the United States, and potentially the most historic.

As a team, we will be named for being the home of the legendary Extreme Championship Wrestling, which began it's run in the 2300 Arena in West Philadelphia. This brand was originally purple and black, and to honor them we would maintain those colors. The logo will have a natural design of the Liberty Bell sitting in front of the Philadelphia skyline. The skyline will hold the name in the shadow with barbed wire around it or through it, while the bell will appear to have barbed wire as the crack.

Finally, on the jerseys, within the collar will be a rainbow stripe along the back. This is to honor the cities history of gay pride, and will simply have the word "Love" within it honoring both the historic Love Park and the name of the City of Brotherly Love. This team is heavily invested in the city's history, and will have a third jersey named as "Olde City" to honor a small section of the city.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Written: Have another player make a promotional speech for an item not related to hockey as an endorsement, don't be an asshole.

Graphics: Do a product placement and a tag line text over the picture with a player not on your team, don't be an asshole.

Could be a good way to light up some rivalries.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2018, 03:08 PM by AW13.)

Part 1:
Every player has an inspiration to play another position at one point in their career. Maybe you’re a netminder getting lit up and want to show your defense how to do it, or maybe you’re a defenseman who always dreamed of being a sniper left winger. Write about what position your player would want play for a game and what made you choose that position on the rink.

08-12-2018, 07:21 PMTommySalami Wrote: Part one:

Hit Piece:
Written: Not everyone is a fan of your play in the SMJHL, write a 200 word hit piece style article that someone in the media would write about you. Please include at least one bad on ice and off ice incident.
"Leitner can often be seen with his head down on the bench not even watching the game or being involved with his teammates. He seems distanced and often looks unenthused even when the team is winning, it is like he would only ever check a box score if he was starting! Leitner seems to complain about his playing time and not being on the ice. He dons his baseball cap and pouts on the bench. When he was getting his 16 starts in the middle of the season, he was active and chatty and one of the better teammates from what could be seen during that stretch. When starting goalie Santos came back down, Leitner seemed to go away again. It seems like he is collecting his Canadian Dollar paycheck in Vancouver and waiting for his next move. During the playoffs, it seems like he has been a better teammate but we shall see as the backup netminder waits for his next shot to shine for the Whalers or elsewhere. Leitner will likely be a backup for the foreseeable future with his future SHL team and also his national team in Austria and he will need to learn to be able to handle that. One day, he will get his shot as a starter and with that, hockey fans should see a more active and motivated Johannes Leitner and a potentially dynamite teammate and presence in the locker room. Until then, he needs to get used to the baseball cap."

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

Part 1: What goes on behind the scene
Written Option: in at least 150 words, write about what happens in the locker room directly before a game. What type of training do you guys do, and how does your coach prepare you.

Graphic Option: Create a graphic of the locker room and how it looks during warm-ups, include the locker room stalls, what some players are doing, and a team logo.

Part 2:
Written Option: In at least 150 words, write about at least three jobs that you and your teammates did while helping out the locals of the city. Examples include helping out at a restaurant, delivering newspapers around town, ect.

I feel very blessed to be a part of the Anchorage Armada, we have done well not just in the SMJHL but also in Anchorage. We have been a positive influence in the community and I am happy we have been so involved. Jax Aittokallio has routinely gone to underprivileged schools and has offered to teach for free for the students. His courses mainly included Management thus it is helpful for not only the students but also the teachers. Not just him but Benjamin Blue would go around unemployed offices and offer the people there job opportunities that he knew of. Lastly, Doug Dimmadome has been going around and has been responsible for constructions sites and has helped build various parts of the city that have recently expanded. As a whole we have left our mark on the city and have been very helpful for the citizens of Anchorage. We have completed additional tasks like taking over the mailing service for the day so the workers may spend a day off with their children and other tasks similar to that so the hard-working people of the city may enjoy a break.

PART 1

Fan-Fiction to Big Screen

You are the lead actor in a fan fiction about the SHL/SMJHL, that is being developed into a motion picture. Choose 3 other players as your Co-Star, Director, and Producer. 

Written Option:

In 150 words, minimum, which must  gives us a brief synopsis of your film and explain why you chose the 3 other players for their respective roles.

Graphic Option:

1. Create a movie poster for your upcoming film. Must include: 1. Movie title 2. Release date 3. Names of the 3 players you chose.

Or

2. Create a short 30 second Teaser trailer for your film (either video or voice over) 

PART 2

39alaska39 - Describe your living situation during the season. Are you living with a billet family, teammates, your own family? How is this affecting your preparation for games? (150 words). 

The living situation has been great! All of us Halifax rookies were all new to the city and once we signed our contracts decided that we should all live together for the first year. We all rented this huge house out in Sackville It has made the transition so much easier having these beauts around for some help off ice for both life and hockey. I feel like i has helped us come closer together as friends and its pretty bad ass when we all pop on to Fornite. Other than keeping each other accountable we all have ourselves a little party house for the very few weekends we have off. Shh... Dont tell TDZ and Dizz.  Before games , we all one of King's green miracle smoothies in the morning to help fuel us for the day and then we come together and break down what we were doing in practice and just make sure we come in with the strategy coach has made for us. After that we go to our separate places and get prepared to head to the arena downtown.

[Image: 9d3oxij.png][Image: 8xyKeyf.png][Image: gs89eGV.png]

[Image: Lq99Y4d.png]
-------------------------------------------------------------
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2018, 05:07 PM by Fantobens.)

Part one: 

Written: Write 150 words comparing the members of your team to comic book superheroes. Explain what aspects of thier playing style or their attitude in the locker room that makes them that perticular hero.

Graphic: a shitty clip art photo shop of your teammates as a comic book cover. The crappier the better.

Part 2:

Stress: we know as rookies the stress of playing at such a high level can get to some people. Many players find ways to relax. Describe in 150 words or more what you do to relieve stress before or after the game

I usually dont deal with stress very well. All through school when I got stressed about grades or girls or whatever, I would end up locked in my room yelling at my mom to stop knocking and just leave me alone.

Luckily for the ladies, I'm still an emo bitch that likes to stay locked in his room. Lucky for me, I have some teamates that dont let me stayed holed up for too long. 

After losing the first two games of the playoffs in Alaska, we came home to Michigan sad and depressed. We thought we needed to mix things us a bit. You know, get crazy, loosen up. 

Cedric, Tobias, Hippo, Tig, Wolfie, Eero, Marc, Dank, Marcel and myself decided to have a kids night out. We were going to invite some of the older guys out, but the last time we did that it turned into a drug fueled, fight and fuck fest night of regret. Marc begged for that to not happen again. So we decided to just hit up dave and busters and keep it a chill night.

Chill my ass. 

The place was full of kids from the university of Michigan and the recognized us. Only because thier hockey team had the same dave and busters idea. So looks like not fighting is not in the cards tonight. Someone yelled something at Cedric, because hes 8 feet tall, one thing led to another and I got punched in the jaw. I think. It could have been a kick I guess, or a heavy purse, but I never saw it coming. 

Next thing I remember was hippo and Wolfie picking me up off the ground. There were people scattered all over the place trying to get back on thier feet, but my teammates looked completely unharmed. 

"We really showed them huh?" I said.

Got a good chuckle out of the boys. 

Thats when things went from bad, to better, to worse. Tig came running up saying that these sorority girls from UM wanted us to come back to thier house to party. We all agreed that we shouldnt, but we did, except Marc who decided to stay at dave and busters and help clean up. Fucking marc.

So, long story longer, we get to UM and there is a party that is covering an entire block, we follow the sorority ladies to thier house and as we go in the give us each a cup of "punch".

Eero says "Maybe this isnt the best idea, what if they drug us and steal our kidneys?"

We all have a good laugh and wolfie pipes up in broken English with, "if thats it, I'm not worried, ive seen worse."

So down the hatch, and fuck me if Eero wasnt right. They drugged us. Luckily for us it was LSD amd not something worse. Things got really wierd obviously. The last time I saw Cedric he was running past me screaming about dog people. Tig was making out with what I believe was one of the girls, or a really good looking couch. The last thing I remember was sitting on the roof with toby and hip talking about the team and the season and life in general. 

I woke up the next morning at a bus station to Dank screaming, "thank Jesus! They didnt take our kidneys!"

I think next time I get stressed, I'll just lock myself in my room and, masturbate.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

Part 1:
Written Option: in 150 words Discuss the new SHL video game coming out and its new features and game modes.

Graphic Option: Design the SHL Game Cover, must include player render and team logo.

Part 2
@lespoils
[Image: Hockey_Player.jpg]

[Image: HansSHL.gif]

Part One:

The Cellies

Scoring goals is a part of the game. What happens after that is even more apart of the game. The celly. What is the weirdest celly you've ever seen on the ice, either from a teammate, an opponent, or yourself?

Written: Describe (in detail) the mechanics of the celebration you witnessed, who performed it, and give it an out of 10 rating based on how you felt after witnessing it. Make it at least 150 words

Graphic: Create a photo of an SMJHL skater doing a celebration. Be sure to include labels to show how this skater got into the position he is in now, and what those limbs are doing.

Part Two

Hit Piece:

Treasure or Trash? 

With the season coming to a close we have seen some great players come out of the wood works and make a name for themselves. Hell, we've seen some rookies come out and make a splash. Guys like Kevin Kazarian, Eero Niemi, Gvidas Kazlauskas, Wolfhard Richter, Leshaun King, Vladislav Konstantin, Adam Taylor, and Luke Thomason were all some of the highest scoring rookies for their teams.

Being a rookie is no excuse. You gotta be good at hockey. So this begs the question, why did the Militia waste a fourth round pick on Veikka Toivanen? He cannot score. He has scored one goal over 50 games. One. Goal. This puts his shooting percentage at a measly 6.67%. In a game all about scoring goals, this player does very little of that. Compared to his teamates? Well, he got the same amount of goals as Stephen Wormster. For reference, Wormster was on the fourth defensive pairing and averaged two less minutes a game. What else did Wormster do better than Toivanen? He got hit less, hit more, and blocked more shots. He also had a higher shooting percentage.

If his play wasn't bad enough, let's look at his attitude. It is easy to see how childish he is on the ice. He had 22 PIM in the season, and during a game against the Halifax Raiders (in which they lost 3-1) Toivanen was seen on the bench, kicking at the boards and presumably mouthing off to a teammate. What a baby! And in the very next game he goes ahead and slashes a Detroit Falcon player violently. That play was suspension worthy, but the play didn't give him a call because they felt bad about how they kept televising his terrible play.

Off the ice he isn't any better. We have witnessed and can account for several incidents Toivanen has been involved in. After a tight win, the Militia were going to go out as a team to grab poutine. Toivanen? He slipped away. Not only is this man a penalty fiend and an all around rat, he isn't accountable off the ice either! He was also seen in an altercation with head coach of the Militia, where heated words were said, and Toivanen left like a little kid who got refused candy. Wake up bucko! Not everything is sunshine and roses! It's about time Toivanen buckled up, sat down, and put on some big boy pants because he needs to know what real life is like. I haven't even talked about his worse offence yet. What is it, you may ask? I'll tell ya. That scumbag Toivanen doesn't know french. For someone who wants to make it the SHL his lack of commitment to his teams location and the city is a downright scandal that is forgotten about too often.

For all of the GM's of big SHL teams, take a look at this. Toivanen is a cancer in the locker room, a selfish human being, and an overall terrible player. It isn't even worth it to use your last draft pick on him. If someone was holding a gun to your head and said you had to pick this lazy lout, or die, I'd rather die. I would rather be killed than have to pay Toivanen a cent for his self-centred play, or a face that would scare his own mother dead! Take this as a warning. Do not draft or sign Toivanen, or you will regret it. You do not have to deal with this absolute piece of trash.
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2018, 11:36 AM by Wasty.)

Task

Part 1: Come up with the parameters for a brand new PT. Must be hockey related, include a written and a graphic's option, and require enough effort to be worth 4 TPE.

SMJHL PT#1 - Draft Rewind

Written: Looking back at the S33 SMJHL Draft, Review your team's 1st Pick in the Draft and talk about their SMJHL Careers. Did they become SMJHL Superstuds? or were they SMJHL Superduds? Critique the draft pick and then explain if you would keep the pick or select a different player selected after.

Graphic: Create a graphic showcasing the draft pick and their stats over their career. Must include a team logo and player render.

Reward
4 TPE for doing either option.

Part 2: Complete either the written or graphics component of someone else's PT idea.
08-13-2018, 09:17 AMThatIrishFellow Wrote: The SHL is looking to expand its operations overseas. The Commissioner has called for proposals for a new team. 

Written: In a minimum 150 words, write a proposal for a new SHL team (outside of North America). Include a location, team name, mascot, and arena name. Mention how the 'flavour' of the city you've chosen will add to the success of the team. 

Graphic: Create a logo for your proposed team. OPTIONAL: Add the logo to a jersey. 

Part 2: Complete either the written or graphics component of someone else's PT idea. 

Melbourne Reds - The SHL jumps across the west pond and lands in the land down under! The Red's named after the Red Kangaroo, one of the countries most iconic animals. The team's colors are obviously RED with a Hot Rod Red color paired with a dark Maroon and white. The logo using an upside down triangle as the shield to represent the countries location being in the south pacific with showcasing a Red Kangaroo in a fierce boxing pose accompanied with boxing gloves and an armband with a feather to nod towards the continent's oldest inhabitants the aboriginals. Behind the Kangaroo is a Red M on a Maroon background to nod towards the home city, Melbourne.

[Image: T2EvPV5.png]

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Part 1: Bonding Activities
Written: Professional sports is about bonding and comradery. In at least 150 words, write about 2 different players on your team and what you do away from the rink to bond and build comradery/chemistry with your teammates.

Graphic: Create a graphic showing you and at least one of your teammates bonding doing something out in the world other than hockey.

Part 2: Your team is hosting a bake sale at the community center to raise money for local schools. In 150 words or more, describe what kind of treats you might have made, or what your teammates would be bringing to the table. (Justice)

So making deserts is actually one thing that Marcel loves to do as he has one of the biggest sweet tooth's around. You're probably like "yeah you probably make pies". NO! Marcel and everyone else knows that making pies is such a Chad thing to do and every dude thinks they can make deserts because they can make a pie. Dead wrong! The one desert that Marcel loves to make first and foremost I baklava. Baklava is kind of a traditional dish for his family and he has a recipe that has been made for many years. It's a difficult desert to master and that's why he loves making it. Other deserts that Marcel would most likely make for a bake sale would include clafoutis and chocolate soufflé. Those are the three dishes that not only would be great treats for people coming to a bake sale, but also they aren't boring pies or cookies that are simple that people like to make.

Part 1.

Point Task: Player Progression

A SIM attributes-focused task, where you will show how you are planning to progress your player's attributes over time.

For 4 TPE, Post your planned/projected build at 350 TPE, 600 TPE, 800 TPE, and 1000 TPE

Give a brief (1 paragraph) explanation of how/why you are working this path and where you hope to end up.

----------

GFX; Make a hockey card with your player's attributes for each of the same TPE targets as the written task

-----------------------------------

Part 2. by @Wasty

SMJHL PT#1 - Draft Rewind

Written: Looking back at the S33 SMJHL Draft, Review your team's 1st Pick in the Draft and talk about their SMJHL Careers. Did they become SMJHL Superstuds? or were they SMJHL Superduds? Critique the draft pick and then explain if you would keep the pick or select a different player selected after.

----------------

In S33 the St. Louis Scarecrows had the first overall pick - with that pick they selected goaltender Jimmy Wagner (Merica).

Wagner was a divisive pick, despite being a long-time player and part of SMJHL HO, he was also known as the ringleader of the Deplorables of S31, an episode of the SMJHL which lives on in infamy!

It turned out to be a solid pick as Wagner was the starting goaltender for the Crows in S33. Wagner had actually signed with the team as a Free Agent in late S32, joining the team for a playoff run, so the team was comfortable with him in the LR and had faith he could carry the load.

S33 was a tough season for Wagner and the team, as he compiled a 16-21-6 record and the Crows missed the playoffs. Wagner did have some great moments, with 2 shutouts and 5 first-star nods, but it was not enough to carry the team.

S34 went a lot better, Wagner won 29 of his 44 starts, and lowered his GAA. The Crows made the playoffs but lost in the 2nd round.

S35 was Wagner's last season before he went on to the SHL, he was able to have another strong showing, winning 29 games again, this time with only 41 starts. He again improved his GAA, but more impressively he had 5 shutouts as well as 8 first star nods, which is a fantastic stat. Sadly the Crows lost their 1st round playoff series in 7 games, so that was the end of the Wagner era!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

08-12-2018, 09:18 PMluketd Wrote: Part 2: 39Alaska39

Well arriving in Vancouver when I got drafted, the veteran players were gracious for letting the rookies crash at their apartments. Gecko let me into his place and got me situated. The first week or so were very nice, gecko provided me with a nice place, allowing me to settle into the city and practice.

I'm pretty sure I wrote a media about how I rented out a party room under the stadium and lived there

but that's ok

the party room has room for us all

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

Part 1:
Written option
You were late to the morning team practice. What is your excuse? (100 words)
Graphic option
You were late to the morning team practice. Show us a drawing with your explanation (Paint).

Part 2:
08-14-2018, 07:19 AMSnussu Wrote: Part 1
Written Part: The Playoffs have started and All-Stars line is going to take place. Make your own All-Star line and explain why you picked who ever you picked! (150 Word)
Graphics Part (Optional): Make a Line with all the players pictures!

[Image: Faceoffs-sig1.gif]

Part 1:
Written: The player that rubs you the wrong way. Every person has that one player, which they hate to see in the box score. Write 150 words about the player (not the user let us be nice) that get on your nerves the most and why if there is a reason other than they bother you.

Graphic: Make a player card for that gets in your nerves the most. Card most include the three stats and two pet peeves as to why that player gets in your nerves.

Also more IIHF PTs there are lots of SHL PT that could be easily altered for IIHF

Part 2: (tinder profile)
My name is Lil’ Manius and first off ladies do not let the name fool you. As professional hockey player it hard for me to meet people as I am constantly running everywhere for work. Two-way forward only describes my hockey play. Currently I call St Louis home but that should change in a few seasons. I am looking to meet someone in this area and see what happens! I am very spontaneous and I love the outdoors, watching movies, dancing, and traveling. Relocating for the right person is definitely not an option as I will be slave to my SHL masters. Although I am willing to entertain any reasonable offer when in town.

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius