Create Account

SMJHL PT 6 - Bonus
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2018, 10:36 PM by spooked.)

Text option: in 100 words, describe an RPG style party made up of you and three of your teammates and the classes you would give to them
Graphic Option: Make a graphic of an RPG party made up of your player and 3 of your teammates with your teams logo, showing the classes of all four of you

Part 2 (http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...pid2476102):
Graphic: Create a logo for your proposed team.
Chicago Firebirds
[Image: KzXvY6s.png]

08-17-2018, 10:32 PMspooked Wrote: Text option: in 100 words, describe an RPG style party made up of you and three of your teammates and the classes you would give to them
Graphic Option: Make a graphic of an RPG party made up of your player and 3 of your teammates with your teams logo, showing the classes of all four of you

Part 2 (http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...pid2476102):
Graphic: Create a logo for your proposed team.
Chicago Firebirds
[Image: KzXvY6s.png]

I'm weirdly into this.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2018, 08:37 PM by Radsin.)

Part 1
It is tough to be a professional hockey player. Not just out on the ice but dealing with fans as well, whether rival or your own.

Written - In at least 150 words explain the worst fan interaction you've had thus far in your career

Graphic - Make an fan sign about your player, whether good or bad.

Part 2

Written:
In 150 words or more, describe a typical post-game ritual you and your team go through after winning a game.

Well we bust out the beers and, such instantly, I did it still on the ice once but, it wasn't looked upon well. So I try not to do that anymore, then back to the locker room we go, thank god recreational marijuana is legal in Canada or what ever. The doinks start poppin' out of the wood work. If we have a game the next day we try to only party until around 3..For whatever reason we aren't allowed to drink again before a game to help with any sort of hangovers but, hey whatever not my rules. All in all its pretty tame, a couple of fights a night. Ladies with weird drugs, I wont pay for them but hey, ill do them whatever. This happens if we lose to, its really not much different either way, because why wouldn't we always celebrate? We're the god damned Montreal Militia!

(151 Words)

Panthers  Militia   Militia   Panthers

Part 1:
Written: In 200 words or more, tell us about the person who has been most important in developping your love for hockey and getting you to where you are today.
Graphic option: Show us a key moment in your life that grew your passion for hockey

Part 2:

Every player has an inspiration to play another position at one point in their career. Maybe you’re a netminder getting lit up and want to show your defense how to do it, or maybe you’re a defenseman who always dreamed of being a sniper left winger. Write about what position your player would want play for a game and what made you choose that position on the rink.

One dream that I've always had was to be a big bruising defenseman, and really have my team's back in any scuffle that came about. I wasn't blessed with being able to develop fear within my opponents physically, and I've never been a great hitter, but I think it's a role that I could have had a lot of fun with. Growing up, my dad was an enforcer, so I learned a lot of lessons from him about how to act on the ice, but I ended up taking another route. I got into a fight this season, and I won't lie, it went okay, but damn getting punched hurts.

Bringing physicality to a game like that is a whole different dimension. It helps instill the fear in players and makes them second guess all their moves. As more of a play maker, I know exactly what type of effect that can have on a player, and think that it's a role that I could have taken on in another life.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

Part 1: What You Eat

Written Option:  Everyone has a favorite place to eat.  In at least 150 words, describe your player's favorite haunt for a pre-game meal and their usual order.

Graphics Option:  Design a logo for a food stand in your arena's concourse.

Part 2:  In a minimum of 100 words describe the highlight moment of your season, a play/goal/fight/ect. (CanadianDuck)

For Cedric Robinson, a mid-season contest with the Anchorage Armada remains the highlight of the year. Posting 36 saves on 36 shots, it's Robinson's biggest win of the season. "I don't know what happened. It felt like I blacked out for three hours and woke up on the bench at an interview." Robinson is no stranger to shutouts, posting a league-leading five on the season, but the Anchorage game stuck with him. "It feels good backstopping your team like that," Robinson opined. "You know they save your skin once in a while, so it's nice to put up a shutout in a low-scoring affair."

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2018, 10:18 PM by KillTheArchitect.)

Part 1:

BFF’s <3

Written Option: Friendships often make the sport. We make so many friends along the way and there is always that one teammate you become close with, become roommates with, eat with, all that good BFF stuff. Write a minimum of 150 words about your BFF on any current team you play for (Juniors/International). Talk about what you do together, why you’re so close, and what you love most about them/what makes them such a good friend. 

Graphic Option: Using your own player renders, make a graphic showing you and your BFF out doing something together. It can be activities you enjoy doing, a papparazi photo or anything you think would capture your relationship.

Part 2:

Written Option: Everyone has a favorite place to eat. In at least 150 words, describe your player's favorite hunt for a pre-game meal and their usual order.

I may be from Czechoslovakia but, you’d probably be surprised to hear what my favourite cuisine is. It isn’t my home country, it isn’t Canadian or American either. It’s actually Vietnamese food! Everything about Vietnamese food just makes me so happy and full of joy. It’s tough to actually explain, I love Anthony Bourdain (RIP) and all of his shows. Watching Parts Unknown on CNN one day I watched his Vietnam episode. The way he described the food, the people, the country I just knew I had to go. So one offseason I went to Vietnam, I bought a crappy Honda Win motorcycle and travelled from Hanoi to Saigon. In that time I met amazing people and spent 6 weeks eating all of the amazing local cuisine. On my trip I learned of the glorious dish pho, a hearty and sweet beef broth soup, containing rice noodles and chunks of rare beef. Garnished with Thai basil, bean sprouts and a healthy dose of chili paste. After that trip it quickly became tradition for me to eat a heaping bowl of pho before every game. It has to be at least 4 hours before though otherwise it’s too heavy before the game. It’s filling and so satisfying. Moving to Halifax I struggled at first to find the best pho spot in town, after a while I found I Love Pho (tell me about it?!). An amazing little pho shop in my team’s city. I get a large #V11 and a side of spring rolls, I have an unhealthy obsession, just don’t tell my trainer! Wink

[Image: 9d3oxij.png] [Image: 8xyKeyf.png]
[Image: KillTheArchitect.gif]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]

Part 1: Squander the Wanderer - Night after night, post game beers turns into a search party effort for one team member that seemingly always looks for trouble. What is it they constantly are looking for or who is it they are looking for? Either way... spill the beans with 150 words about their latest voyage to the off the ice sin bin.

Part 2: Good ol Kimmy -
Written Option: What is you're teams most effective line, who's on it, and what contributed to their success? (150 Words)

For Halifax it really is up in the air what line performed the best. Plus or Minus it was the top line hands down, but many could make a fight for the second line being most effective. For almost a third of the season the Twins anchored the top line extremely effectively, but as the season went on they were relegated to the 2nd line as Cile and King would take their place. What will be interesting is the potential positional battle this coming off-season. While statistically Cile and Cullen led the way in scoring and efficiency, look for the brothers to step up as well. With the experience developing it will be up in the air how the Top 6 will unfold next season. Could the brothers get split up? Will we see Cile or King slide to the second line. Time will tell.

Part 1 - Write at least 150 words on a "rival" from someone in your draft class. Someone that you may have been compared to or vice versa. Is there any animosity or is it a friendly rivalry? How have each of you performed in your rookie season? Must include at least 3 stats.

Graphic Option - Do a graphic comparing yourself to the rival with at least 3 stats.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland