Create Account

Marc Palicka, Pre-Playoffs Presser
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2018, 04:12 PM by BaseScoutX1.)

After a long season, the youngster walks up to the podium... (It's a presser, so ask questions)

08-12-2018, 10:26 AMluketd Wrote: Where do you see yourself next season

I see my self hopefully at a point of my career where I am top 10 in both Center Scoring, Shot Percentage, Faceoff Percentage, and maybe even Goals. I had 28 points this season so I hope to improve on that and potentially hit 35 points next time around. As for the Falcons, I see us in the Playoffs like we are this season, and having much more solidity then we have currently. Next question?

08-12-2018, 10:31 AMFantobens Wrote: What steps are you going to take to improve your face off percentage?

I've already been in some talks with a few trainers, and other Centers about potentially training with them during the off season, which most of them have said to hit the weight room and get my strength up. As stated previously, It is a career goal to be Top 10 in Face Off Percentage year in and year out. Winning face offs create chances and chances create goals. However, I have also been focusing on defensive positioning, as well as skating, to produce more breakaways as well as be one of the faster skaters on the ice.

08-12-2018, 10:38 AMDeng Wrote: what falcons need to do if they want to win four star cup?

The Falcons have lots of the pieces in place even right now. We have a rookie goalie who already is considered to be the best goalie in the league. Flacko Lagerfield as well as Lightning Jones have provided that solid veteran star power. Wolfhard Richter has been working his tail off since he was drafted, speaking of which I believe he has a shot at Rookie of The Year because he was so dominant both offensively, averaging like Top 5 in rookie points week in and week out, and defensively as a defenseman. Kyle Keenan also was a big help being the only other main Center other than me, However, Eero has also become a solid piece at 3C. There were a few rookies who seemingly had jitters this season but had decent runs. Marcel was a very smart pickup, he got us a more than healthy amount of points from the fourth line. I could probably go on and on but I don't think I have time for that.

08-12-2018, 03:44 PMkarey Wrote: How many seasons would you like to stay in the SMJHL? A few teams will want to fast track you to the SHL, but looking at where you may go in the draft, it's likely you go to a contender who are short of roster spots.

I would like to move up to the SHL as fast as possible at the moment. I would more than likely develop at a more impactful rate then if I was in the J trying to develop enough to be great in the SHL. However, The Falcons look to be one of the best teams in the SMJHL in the coming seasons, so staying down may not be the worst decision. Honestly, It's up to whatever team drafts me to choose my path. Next question?

08-12-2018, 03:55 PMontanis Wrote: What do you like about being a Detroit Falcon?

I like our locker room the most, We seem to have a interesting chemistry that makes conversations seem more like hanging out with friends than hanging out with teammates. But of course, Winning games is the best thing about sports, and we seem to give our all daily and try our hardest to win every game. We could make a deep run in the playoffs if we get some luck.

[Image: ev8zDus.png]
Marc Palicka
Czech Center
Falcons Falcons Falcons

CzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakia
[Image: TeamCzechoslovakia.png]
CzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakia

Where do you see yourself next season

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

What steps are you going to take to improve your face off percentage?

[Image: Fantobens.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2018, 10:39 AM by Deng.)

what falcons need to do if they want to win four star cup?

How many seasons would you like to stay in the SMJHL? A few teams will want to fast track you to the SHL, but looking at where you may go in the draft, it's likely you go to a contender who are short of roster spots.

What do you like about being a Detroit Falcon?

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

Whats your favorite type of music?

RETIRED