Create Account

S42 PT #5 - Superheroes

Kata Vilde never really thought about being a superhero much since he had one for a father in Macho Man Randy Savage. If he had a super power though I think it would have to be the ability to turn pucks into Slim Jims at will. That way for one thing he'd never need a snack in the middle of the game, if he got hungry poof snap into a Slim Jim. The problem is he's always hungry so imagine the disruption to the game. They'd have to have so many stoppages in play to bring out new pucks the game would go on for hours. Another advantage is that if there was a particulalrly hard save coming up boom turn it into a Slim Jim and boom it falls harmlessly to the ice. Vilde would probably choose to be mischievous as well and turn all shots by particular players into Slim Jims. So while it could be a great superpower to have it probably would disrupt more than help Vilde in the SMJHL.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

PBE PT

Written task: If your player was a superhero, what powers would they have / want to have, and why? What would they do with these powers? Talk about what the superhero version of your player would be like. Must be at least 150 words.

Shooter McGavin already has a killer shot, so he wouldn't need that, but he would want something hockey related. One thing would be hyper speed, where he could carry the puck up and down the ice as just a blur, which would allow him to snipe on goalies all game long. If you ever wanted to see a player shoot 30 times a game, then this is perfect.

Off the ice, Shooter McGavin would like to have a super powerful drive, and he would call it Happy Gilfore! The one weakness he had going against Happy was that Happy could crank out big drives and get a birdie on a par-4 course.

Finally, his unselfish power would be the ability to fly. Shooter would take people late for work or school and fly them over the rush hour traffic so they could make it to work on time. Additionally, he would fly injured persons in emergency situations, which would reduce the need for emergency helicopters.

If McGavin had these skills, he would be the best forward on the ice, the most entertaining and successful golfer, and also a nice mini-superman.

If Bobby had a super power, it would be an ice cold attitude that leave other players in trance. Bobby is fighting against a cancer, is an Australian survivalist and ever if he’s only 22 years old, he looks like he’s 55. He became old way too fast from badassness. So with his power, he just walk through stuff and people stops to look at him, frozen in fear.

So, after rocking alone and naked in the Australian thundra, eating a scorpion meat kebab filled with spider’s eggs, I just see him walking into town to get a coke can. People in the shop just moving out of his way, him reaching a can, drinking it and leaving without paying. He would use this power to negotiate his contract and, on the ice, I see him skating slowly toward the puck, defensemen from the other team just fleeing the corner, the opposite goaler clapping his hand after that Bobby made a goal. Yeah, nice thoughts.

Halfdan Thorstein - or Iron Chief, as he's known around Minnesota - would clearly have the ability to turn into iron if he were to have a superpower. 'To what end?', you may ask. Well, he's not terribly sure. But he'd be iron. What would it allow him to do? Maybe he could become a goalie and be super agile without having to wear any padding? Probably not, but it's a start. Maybe he would use his heavy, strong presence on the ice to play an extremely physical game of hockey, dishing out huge checks all over the ice? Probably not, Thorstein's never been much of a physical player.

Ultimately, there's nothing really for Thorstein to use his power on the hockey rink. Maybe he'd use it off the rink to be a guard-rail on the highway to help prevent accidents. Or maybe he'd act as a sign post by holding up a sign. Really, there's not much for him to do. He'd probably just end up on a golf course driving range to pick up golf balls without having to waste the gas using a golf cart.

[Image: dnlll.gif]

» Update Page | Player Page | My Twitter «
[Image: 2qcdsat.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: 16gwwf9.png]

If I were a superhero, I'd carry on the proud Vyskoc family tradition of being the clutch-est player in history.

Big games? Not a problem. Overtimes? Easy peazy. Playoffs? I east playoffs for breakfast. Game sevens? That's what I call home.

Combine that all into one for the greatest hockey hero to ever exist.

I already have a 30-season long drought game seven overtime game-winner in the SMJHL Finals under my belt, and was on the team that helped end over 30 seasons of drought for West Kendall last season, so I'd say I've got a good foundation for my superpower. Now, I just need to keep it up as a playoff hero and perhaps throw in an IIHF run to give the last team without a gold medal a berth in the championship and also ending their 20 plus season drought of their own.

As for my super-hero brand and name: I don't have one right now, but I was thinking something in ballpark of being an exterminator of droughts and "drought-ender" doesn't quite have a ring to it but is as far as I got.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

A real life superhero, huh? I think I would be none other than Deadpool. When you think about Deadpool, he has the ability to regenerate as well as can never die. As a super hero, what else do you want? He is kind of an anti-hero though, he really is not looked at much as a hero, but more as someone who provides comic relief, but he also has a heart as seen in the second movie in the Deadpool series. Deadpool would be a goalie, I suspect that he would have no pads on, or maybe minimal pads like in the old days because he doesn't need those pads. If he gets injured, he would just regenerate, that would make for such a great player. You would never need to put him on the shelf. So, definitely, when I think of super hero, I am going to go for Deadpool. That would be fantastic.
Quote:Words: 154

If Lokitonov was a superhero, he'd want a few powers since he has had a few regular abilities that he either would like to improve or that would just be cool to have. The first would have to be super speed similar to The Flash. Loki has consistently been regarded for his speed both in hockey, and when he was younger as a youth football player in his home country of Austria playing in the youth team for his local club. Something he has always wanted superhuman strength to help him score more goals during his playing career since his strength has always been questioned since he was much younger. Another power he wished he had the power to read other people's minds, because it would make knowing what his teammates were going to do on the ice and that way he also knew what his opponents were going to do on the ice as well.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

If my player Gary Grease was a super hero, there is one super power that could be very useful to him. The super power that could be very useful to him is in fact the power of invisibility. With the invisibility powers Gary Grease would be able to disappear, line someone up barreling down center ice, appear at the last second and absolutely clobber them with an enormous hit. With the power of invisibility the opposing players would never see this coming and Gary Grease could do it all game long. Another reason why Gary may like invisibility is because it could really help his team out when they go on the penalty kill. Gary could simply go invisible when this happens, sneak on to the ice, and have the team play pretty much 5v5 even though they would have a man in the box. All in all, these are some reasons why having invisibility powers could really help out Gary Grease.

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

Marmeladov as a superhero that would be strange sight. The super power I would pick would be having the ability to stretch any body part. Kind of like Mister Fantastic. So when I play and get caught out of position I can make desperation save but my hand grows a little bit so I can reach the puck. Or maybe when I’m squared up with a shooter and I know he's a good shooter I can grow my whole body just a little bit so I can cover more space without anyone noticing. And if someone notices I can just say that it was the camera playing tricks on their eyes. I could also when I’m getting screened I can push my head and neck out so I could look over or around players. Hopefully though the other players that I would be playing against dont have super powers either because if they do then playing against players that can teleport or have super strength, I would probably get destroyed.

[Image: vikian.gif]

If Conor McGregor were to be a superhero, he would without question be Thanos with the infinity gauntlet, but only with positive intentions. Think about it, Thanos alone is a highly intelligent and very strong being, which would instantly make me an unstoppable player on the ice in the SHL. Not to mention all the good you can do to help others. However, if the infinity gauntlet with all the infinity stones is added to the equation, I could essentially snap my fingers and request whatever I want. Real world problems such as mass starvation, diseases, physical abuse, tyrannical regimes, and other unfortunate circumstances about the world we live in would simply become a thing of the past.
On the ice, games wouldn’t even need to be played in all honesty. I could simply snap my fingers and not only be the MVP of the entire league for every season I’d want, but I could make the

Stampede win ever Challenge Cup until I got sick of us winning everything. Some might not call this fun or the ultimate cheat code, but dammit, life would be great for Conor McGregor and the Buffalo Stampede if I were to be Thanos with the infinity gauntlet filled with all the infinity stones.

Code:
210 words

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

If my player was a superhero he would have the power of never aging, and winning all the awards, because he is the best award getter of all mortals and it would make the most sense for him to be a superhero version of what he actually is. He would be even more cocky than he is right now, and in the end he would be the greatest superhero ever because he is a superhero regarding the best sport in the entire world. He would have a green cape with the Chiefs logo on it and he would have a big C on the front. He also wouldn't consider himself a superhero because he would think it is just how he does and people should feel lucky to just be in his presence. Also he would be able to fly. Because all superheros have to be able to fly, don't they?

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2018, 06:59 PM by Slappydoodle.)

Otis B. Driftwood is blessed with tremendous size, strength, speed and agility. His cat like reflexes have allowed him to achieve amazing things, both on the ice and off. Mr. Driftwood"s latest undertaking allows him to bring all these things together coupled with his sense of adventure and daring do. Otis B Driftwood has become a superhero, a real life, honest to goodness, crime fighting superhero. Otis has become the One Man Gang. As the One Man Gang, Otis wears a mask but no cape. Capes are for D.C. superheroes and Otis is most definitely a Marvel superhero. Otis has no actual powers orher thanbhis obvious physical gifts xombinrd2with his razor sharp intellect and pro athlete money. He fights foe truth justice and the American way without irony.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]