Create Account

S42 PT #5 - Superheroes

Tor Tuck is going to go with the power of adjusting the density of any objects, including himself. This power has a few benefits, but the first is that it has a low probability to be noticed so he could prevent himself from being a part of government science experiments. In terms of villain fighting Tor would be able to make himself extremely dense so he could take a hit and be a practically invincible and immovable force. If that was not suitable to win against a particular foe, Tor Tuck could make himself less dense and have his opponents simply be unable to hit him, perhaps by going as far as to phase through objects, walls, and people.

Obviously everyone wants to know how you're going to make money off of your superpowers, and Tor Tuck would just adjust the density of various metals and sell them for a profit. Perhaps his biggest contribution to the world would be reducing any shortages of anything by making existing supplies more dense.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

Mattias Enqvist is not viewed as a superhero by many in regards to the league but if he was a superhero in real life it would be easy to figure out what he is. Dressed in all yellow with a yellow cape, Enqvist dawns the power of light. That sounds boring, but here us out. Enqvist can blind the strongest eyes with his reflective light that comes from the sun. It is like you are staring at a mirror that is reflecting the suns height of strength. It temporarily blinds it's rivals and allows for Enqvist to carry on with what he needs to get done. They would call him "Reflective Boy" as of course he is still a rookie. Enqvist actually sketched out his super hero when he was super young and surprisingly it is still his desired look today. Reflective Boy will probably become a comic book hero in no time!

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

If I were a super hero, I’d have a few powers. First and foremost, I’d be immortal. I couldn’t die. Additionally, I would also be my own father. I would have the ability to heal the sick and cure any disease or fix any ailment. Cancer? Aids? Broken bones? Healed with my touch. For fun, I would also like the ability to multiply food. I’d have the ability to make one pizza feed an army. I’d also turn water to wine (or whiskey). I would take the powers and go around the world teaching others my philosophies. I would use my miraculous powers to heal the sick and make the blind see. People would love me. People would follow me. I’d even start my own religion. I’d share my powers with everyone. There would be need for payment or adulation. Overall, as a superhero, I would make the world a much better place.

Words: 153

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

Tokek Takshak would like to take this opportunity to again state that he is not and as far as he can tell never will be a lizard-man who roams the streets of Vancouver and sometimes Manhattan at night, guarding his prized burrito places from gangs and thugs and people who think that they're open when they really aren't and have been closed for several hours. I mean seriously, what is up with those people?
Since he's not a lizard-man, he doesn't have any cool powers like climbing walls or being able to smell out evil burrito thieves. He certainly can't regrow limbs or his tail, which he doesn't have. He can't even use weird flaps under his arms to glide from building to building. I mean, the thought of Tokek being a lizard man? That's just silly.

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2018, 03:26 PM by Steelhead77.)

Esa Anrikkanen is kind of a super hero already, he's known as the King of Parms, specifically for his ability to dominate chicken parm in all situations. However, eating that much has it's drawbacks.. he puts on a lot of weight and must work out extremely hard to maintain a level of fitness where he's able to compete and is not a fat slob on the ice. If he had a superpower it would have to be the Fastest Metabolism in the world. This would allow him to eat chicken parm and all types of parm for that matter, meatball, eggplant, etc, as much as he wanted, all day long and never gain weight and remain in top shape to continue his amazing SHL career. This also means he would not have to work out and could just eat, sit on the couch and play video games all day when not at practice or playing in games. This should allow Esa Anrikkanen to continue his career well past 25 seasons, fueled by parms.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

If Reginald Rove was a superhero, he'd have an ability similar to Beast Boy's, where he can turn into any animal he wants. Rove is quite a versatile player, and has the skillset to compliment teammates with any and all player archetypes. Not only does this versatility prove useful when combined with others, it also boosts Rove's own game. Rove can pass, shoot, and even play a little defense, forcing the opposing teams to be wary of him at all times. Rove would definitely use these powers for good, but who wouldn't turn into a seagull to occasionally shit on rival teams? On the ice these powers would also prove pretty useful. Imagine going for a shot and out of nowhere a blue whale ends up blocking the entire rink. I'm sure the powers would eventually get banned, but until then he'd be quite the hot commodity.

[Image: 2v10l6s.png]

Manuel Gotze's ideal power set would involve being able to change into a literal brick wall, since he loves making opponents feel like they've run into one out on the ice. He would combine that with X-Ray vision, since he really needs some kind of help in that department out on the ice; his passing and shot accuracy pretty much sucks. Finally, after spending lots of time as a member of the Wolfpack, Mammoths, and Raptors, he would have the ability to talk to each of those animals. Sadly, that last power hasn't come up much yet, seeing as two of those are extinct and the other doesn't spend much time around civilization. However, he has combined the other two powers to masquerade as "X Marks U" in the offseason, utilizing his X-ray vision and ability to hide in plain sight to catch bad guys as they're up to no good and spy on hot women. Trust me, the brick wall in the middle of nowhere isn't suspicious at all.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

If Duce could have any power, it would have to be super strength. His whole career is based on hitting people, separating people from the puck, trying to wreak havoc on the other team. He'd definitely enjoy having super strength to knock people all over the ice, or through the boards. I think the biggest difficulty for him would be trying to hide the strength, since it's kind of hard not to knock someone into next Tuesday when you're skating into them at full speed. I would imagine it'd also help him net some more points, too, just trying to shoot the puck into the goalie and hopefully pushing the goalie back into the net... And boards.

Aside from strength, I think the other power he'd go with would be cat like reflexes. It'd be amusing to watch a player who prides himself on body contact all of a sudden be this graceful gazelle, dangling past everyone and scoring.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

Unlike many of the other SHLers in the league, Maui already possess a superpower. He has the ability to shape-shift when in possess of his mighty hook. Thus, Maui can transform himself into anything he pleases. His favourite thing to do is shift into an eagle and fly from city to city to catch SHL games on his downtime. However, Maui also uses this ability for charity. He will shift into children's favourite characters and visit hospitals and schools. He does this on his own dime and free time just to give back to the community. Maui is very much involved in improving the lives of those around him and enjoys being able to use his superpower for good. But lets not forget, Maui loves having fun so don't be surprised if you also see Maui using this ability to pull pranks on his teammates and also the coaching staff of the Raptors.

[Image: 46ecRW0.gif]

[Image: 5cVzKxa.png][Image: gs89eGV.png][Image: LWLEHdF.png]

Written task: If your player was a superhero, what powers would they have / want to have, and why? What would they do with these powers? Talk about what the superhero version of your player would be like. Must be at least 150 words.

If Lavelle was a superhero he would essentially be called the diffuser. Known by this due to his ability to diffuse any situation and achieve with some famous situations in the past being the Matiss Kokins situation or the Fishy situation. Lavelle's diplomatic skills are second to none in the hockey world and all related media, if he was a true superhero there would be no conflict in the entire world and people would live in harmony.

While in the past his diplomatic skills may be debated on/criticized it's clear that in present day the $6 man (actual estimated wealth taking into account his building debt) is the pinnacle of diplomacy. A walking example of what a successful education does for a young man making his way in the world.

With the nature of the SHL and the world as a whole, I have no doubt that Lavelle will be employed in future situations to diffuse a tough situation which could end badly for all parties involved, such is the nature of the beast.
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2018, 01:07 PM by Alex Mack.)

[Image: hemlmetr.jpg]

Note: Posted before deadline on Thursday 8/16/18 at 1:07pm

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

176 words

If I had the chance to be a super hero, or add a super power to my every day life I think I would start with something simple. Something like the ability to never get tired / having to sleep. Having this power, albeit maybe not that super would allow me to be much more efficient through out my day, and allow me to achieve more things. I would be able to train longer and harder in the gym. I would be able to take longer shifts on the ice, and become a better hockey player.

As for a super hero that I would like to be or share traits with would be Deadpool. I don't want to thing of myself as something super crazy, or spending all my living moments fighting against a world tragedy. Being Deadpool would allow me to live my average life, while having a sensor of humor and quite simply just being a bad ass every day. Not to the mention the ability to grow body parts pack is pretty cool.

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Ensio Kalju is a man with both, the looks and mental desire to be a voyeur, so only fitting that one of his superpowers is the ability to see through objects. There is nothing that will get in between Kalju seeing what goes on, what comes down to helping the community - he would be more of a informant than actually going in and saving the day himself.

Another superpower on Kalju´s book of powers is mind reading. Just imagine being able to read what people are thinking, If you are for example sitting or standing next to Ensio in a bus, he can read your mind and potentially save the day again by letting someone know what is going to happen soon.

Third and final power is ability to talk with animals. This is the one area that gives Kalju the chance to do something himself, if a baby squirrel is chasing someone down the street and thinking that person is his/her new mommy, Kalju can let the squirrel know that chasing people down the street is not cool.

Overall Ensio Kalju is a superhero who is not like anything you have seen before, he is selfish and often uses his abilities to amuse himself, but occasionally he does the right thing and calls the cops if you are about to do something criminal.

How dope do these look!
[Image: Buffalocorp.png]

If Lagerfield was a superhero, the youngster would have many superpowers. However he’s have 2 main powers that he’d specialize in. His first power would be supervision. Lagerfield has insane vision when he steps on the ice and is very accurate with his shots so it’s no suprise he’d have supervision. His 2nd power would be superspeed. Lagerfield isn’t a huge or strong guy, standing at 5’10 and weighing 160 lbs so he has to make it up with his speed when it comes to facing against his opponents. Combining both of Lagerfields superpowers is something that terrify villains. Lagerfield would use the combination to help the citizens of Buffalo and Detroit. He would be there to catch thiefs by using his superspeed. With his supervision, he’d be able to quickly locate people who had been kidnaped and save them. The point is if Lagerfield were to ever have his superpowers he’s be much more dangerous than he already is

[Image: 3.png]