Create Account

Regression Curve

08-17-2018, 03:27 PMTommySalami Wrote: What if we get really complicated and add ranges of regression, so we can have the occasional real long careers, or screw someone over.

11-14: 5-15%
15-17: 10-20%
18-20: 15-25%
21-24: 20-30%
25-27: 20-40%
27: 20-45%
28: 20-50%
29: 20-55%

We could make a live stream where we release each players regression and watch the saltiness unfold.

This would be hilarious.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2018, 05:09 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

I mean.... 90% of the members want to recreate after 10-15 seasons... I don’t see a real need to make this change to cut the heads off of the 5-10 members that love there player, willing to put the time and effort into keeping them viable for a small role and wanting to stick around as that player.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

08-17-2018, 05:06 PMMike Izzy Wrote: I mean.... 90% of the members want to recreate after 10-15 seasons... I don’t see a real need to make this change to cut the heads off of the 5-10 members that love there player, willing to put the time and effort into keeping them viable for a small role and wanting to stick around as that player.

Careers have to end at some point. I don't see the problem with putting some kind of soft cap at the top to incentivise players to retire and make a new one.

2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*

08-17-2018, 05:26 PMArGarBarGar Wrote:
08-17-2018, 05:06 PMMike Izzy Wrote: I mean.... 90% of the members want to recreate after 10-15 seasons... I don’t see a real need to make this change to cut the heads off of the 5-10 members that love there player, willing to put the time and effort into keeping them viable for a small role and wanting to stick around as that player.

Careers have to end at some point. I don't see the problem with putting some kind of soft cap at the top to incentivise players to retire and make a new one.

Maybe just get to a point where your player is no longer allowed to earn TPE? After 25 seasons maybe?

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2018, 05:46 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

i mean.. its an easier stance for you to say at this point as you are winding down your career never having to deal with new harsher regression restrictions. But would you have said the same thing 8 seasons ago? ...  i dont know how long Izzy will play, but i want the same freedoms as Garbanzo has had in his long and illustrious hall of fame career.

Knights|Dragons|Austria

08-17-2018, 03:27 PMTommySalami Wrote: What if we get really complicated and add ranges of regression, so we can have the occasional real long careers, or screw someone over.

11-14: 5-15%
15-17: 10-20%
18-20: 15-25%
21-24: 20-30%
25-27: 20-40%
27: 20-45%
28: 20-50%
29: 20-55%

We could make a live stream where we release each players regression and watch the saltiness unfold.

With how long it takes me to populate the regression list already, this would definitely chase me out of the job in a heartbeat.
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2018, 06:10 PM by ArGarBarGar.)

08-17-2018, 05:42 PMMike Izzy Wrote:

i mean.. its an easier stance for you to say at this point as you are winding down your career never having to deal with new harsher regression restrictions. But would you have said the same thing 8 seasons ago? ...  i dont know how long Izzy will play, but i want the same freedoms as Garbanzo has had in his long and illustrious hall of fame career.

I dealt with harsher regression restrictions already. Regression was considered a joke when I started here.

Either way, once you get to where you are in your "40s" as a player, there have to be some restrictions put in place. Right now Garbanzo is about 40 or so, and I personally don't plan on keeping Garbanzo around indefinitely. Would be a major blemish on his career to just keep playing with tons of crappy seasons. If I have another sub-30 point season next year you probably will see a Garbanzo retirement thread coming up soon after.

Edit: Also I am talking about a soft cap. I am in no way advocating for a hard cap where you are forced to retire like the VHL.

08-17-2018, 05:40 PMKeygan Wrote:

Maybe just get to a point where your player is no longer allowed to earn TPE? After 25 seasons maybe?

This is a nice alternative.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

I agree with this suggestion

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2018, 07:13 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

ahhh this suggestion is looking to make a change just for the sake of a change. Theres no data to back this up as the league doesnt have a problem with our players staying too long.. weve seen in the NHL with a guy like Jagr and in baseball with Bartolo that the accasional odd duck will stick around playing 25+ years for the love of the game, so theres presidence that this happens IRL..so no reason why it shouldnt happen here. again most players recreate way before 20 seasons out of boredom or frustration of regression..

Knights|Dragons|Austria

08-17-2018, 07:10 PMMike Izzy Wrote: ahhh this suggestion is looking to make a change just for the sake of a change. Theres no data to back this up as the league doesnt have a problem with our players staying too long.. weve seen in the NHL with a guy like Jagr and in baseball with Bartolo that the accasional odd duck will stick around playing 25+ years for the love of the game, so theres presidence that this happens IRL..so no reason why it shouldnt happen here. again most players recreate way before 20 seasons out of boredom or frustration of regression..

Nobody is advocating for a hard cap of seasons played, though. But if a player can theoretically be a first liner indefinitely is that not kind of problematic?

08-17-2018, 07:19 PMArGarBarGar Wrote:
08-17-2018, 07:10 PMMike Izzy Wrote: ahhh this suggestion is looking to make a change just for the sake of a change. Theres no data to back this up as the league doesnt have a problem with our players staying too long.. weve seen in the NHL with a guy like Jagr and in baseball with Bartolo that the accasional odd duck will stick around playing 25+ years for the love of the game, so theres presidence that this happens IRL..so no reason why it shouldnt happen here. again most players recreate way before 20 seasons out of boredom or frustration of regression..

Nobody is advocating for a hard cap of seasons played, though. But if a player can theoretically be a first liner indefinitely is that not kind of problematic?

In my opinion the real scary one is goalies, we’ve seen effective 900 TPE goalies, who could be McBride contenders forever?

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Wouldn't say that. Our current system has it set up so a starting goalie can stay a starting goalie till he's 100 years old.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

08-17-2018, 08:25 PMKing Wrote:

Wouldn't say that. Our current system has it set up so a starting goalie can stay a starting goalie till he's 100 years old.

didn't you find starting goalies are under 600 TPE on average, I wouldn't worry about them playing too long lol. I'd be much more concerned about not having many good ones to begin with.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

I declare we fold the league. Good bye everybody.

[Image: HjEFCSR.png]