Create Account

S42 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2018, 01:23 PM by Rabidsponge21.)

ASK ONE: In at least 150 words, write an introductory paragraph for a potential Wikipedia article about one of the players in the finals. Include draft season and the teams they have played for.

Name: Joe Kurczewski
Position: RW
Height: 6’1”
Weight: 240 lbs
Born: Buffalo, NY
Drafted: S31 – 12th Overall by Calgary
3 Challenge Cup Rings (S32-S40-S42)

Joe Kurczewski started his career amongst one of the largest draft classes the league had seen since S20. Trying to carve out his own image, Joe fell behind the pack a bit and was taken as a late 1st round pick. Still a great standing in a massive SHL draft, many felt he should have went higher, but due to the large amount of hype and talent available, he found himself outside of the top 10, much to the delight of Calgary. Spending several seasons longer in the minors that some of his peers, he joined the league a little bit late and had to work his way through a loaded Dragons line up. He was rewarded immediately though riding the bench with a cup in season 32 as he enjoyed the benefit of being a call up. He soon found himself as a leader in the mid 30’s seasons as regression started to eat away at the loaded Dragons core, allowing him the chance to finally lead than follow. The Dragons came close several times but just could not close things out until S40. Fresh off his 3rd cup win (2nd in 3 seasons) the Dragons continue to plug along as he tries to cement his legacy as one of S31’s best.

TASK THREE: Design a championship ring for the Challenge Cup Finals. Must include a team logo and season number.

[Image: unknown.png]

TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]
SENT

TASK SIX: Design your ticket for one of the Cup Finals games. Must include at least a home team logo, some representation of the Cup, a price, and a barcode.
[Image: unknown.png]

TASK NINE: Trivia! Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 for each correct answer.]
SENT

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

TASK ONE: In at least 150 words, write an introductory paragraph for a potential Wikipedia article about one of the players in the finals. Include draft season and the teams they have played for.
Artemi Berezin is a player in the Simulation Hockey League. He was born in Russia in the city of St. Petersburg. He currently plays as a center for the New England Wolfpack. On the international stage, he also plays for Russia in the IIHF. Artemi Berezin define his style of play as a two-way center. Berezin started his career in the SMJHL with the Montreal Militia. The Militia drafted him in the second round of the S37 SMJHL draft he was taken 16th overall. After his first season in the SMJHL, Artemi Berezin was drafted by an SHL team, the New England Wolfpack in the first round of the S38 draft. They pick him at the 5th rank overall. He spent three seasons in the SMJHL. During his third season in the junior league, he was traded to the Detroit Falcons. He played for the New England Wolfpack for the last three seasons. He won a gold medal with Team Russia in the S38 IIHF tournament.
166 words

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S42 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.
My unsung hero for the S42 SHL playoffs up to right before the final is Calgary Dragons defenseman Casey Creller. Creller plays on the Dragons second defensive pairing. He also plays on both the penalty kill and the powerplay. He averages more than 23 minutes of icetime per game which show his importance on the Calgary Dragons performance up to this point. He leads the team in shot blocked with 15 since the beginning of the playoffs which shows that his defensive work has been good since the S42 playoffs have started. His differential of +4 also shows that he has had a positive impact when he has been on the ice since the Dragons started playing in this season's playoffs. However, the main stat that let’s me to believe he is the unsung hero of the S42 playoffs are the goals he scored. Creller only scored three goals and got two assists in the first two rounds, regardless all his three goals were game winning goals which is two more than his closest teammate on the Dragons and make him the most clutch player for Calgary in these playoffs.
177 words

TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]
Send via pm.

TASK SEVEN: Which young player on each team will have (or, if you're doing this later, has had) the biggest impact in the Cup finals, and why? Must mention at least one player S38 or younger per team. Must be at least 150 words.
For the New England Wolfpack, the young player who I expect to have the biggest impact is right winger Manuel Gotze. Gotze plays on New England second line and he is also a part of their second powerplay unit which means he should get his fair share of icetime during the final. He has average more than 19 minutes of icetime per game since the beginning of the playoffs. He scored four goals in 12 games the beginning of the playoffs and he gets a point every two games on average. I expect him to have this kind of contribution during the final.
On the other side, the young player that I expect to have the most impact on the S42 SHL final for the Calgary Dragons is defenseman Ostap Maksimov. Maksimov play on the second defensive pairing and he also plays on both the powerplay and the penalty kill. He averaged more than 20 minutes of icetime since the beginning of the playoffs and the way he is used means a good performance from him is needed if the Dragons wants to take the win.
186 words

TASK NINE: Trivia! Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 for each correct answer.]
Send via pm.

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2018, 02:47 PM by Yurt6. Edit Reason: added more )

Task One
Manuel Gotze is a right wing for the New England Wolfpack franchise of the Simulation Hockey League. He stands 6ft 3in tall, and weights 220lbs. Gotze was born in Frankfurt, Germany. Gotze was drafted 24th overall into the SMJHL and spent his entire juniors career playing for the Colorado Mammoths (now Colorado Raptors) franchise of the SMJHL. The following season, Gotze was drafted eleventh overall in the season forty draft to the New England Wolfpack. In his rookie season, Gotze was tenth among rookies in scoring, made even more impressive by the fact he was playing for a team that would later make the Challenge Cup Finals. Gotze is renowned across the league for being an excellent two-way forward, as well as his scoring abilities on the offensive end. Gotze was the SMJHL rookie of the year in S39 while playing for the Colorado Mammoths. Although early in his career, he is seen as a potential candidate for future hall of fame induction across the league.

Task Two
If I had to pick an unsung hero of these S42 playoffs, I would return to Manuel Gotze who I discussed earlier (I wrote task seven first). He has been an instrumental piece in guiding the Wolfpack to the Challenge Cup Finals. I think that because he was only sixth in scoring for the Wolfpack in the offseason he has been a little under the radar, but a couple statistics show just how important he has been. First I’d point your attention to his 16 percent shot percentage. He only took 25 shots in the first two rounds of the playoffs, but converted at an extremely high rate. He also was second on the team in hits AS A FORWARD (with 40). This goes to show that not only has he been an impact player on the offensive side of the ice, but that he has also come up big numerous times for the New England squad on the defensive side of things.

Task Four
Sent

Task Seven
This season Manuel Gotze is facing a rare opportunity, that of being a rookie in the challenge cup final. He has a chance to really shake up the finals and make a huge impact, and I think he will. The New England right winger made his impact throughout the regular and postseason, and I see no reason that any of that should stop in the challenge cup finals. As we’ve seen all year from him, pressure hasn’t been a factor. In the regular season, Gotze finished in the top 10 among rookies in points with 17, which is even more impressive if you look at the team surrounding him. He converted on opportunities at a high rate even when they were few and far between. He led rookies in the postseason with 6 points as well, so it is clear that he has been an impact player for the Wolfpack since day one. With a couple of clutch goals in the finals who knows, maybe we’ll be talking about Gotze as the next Wolfpack legend. On the Dragon's side of things, I see Shooter McGavin making a similar impact. He actually had more regular season points than Gotze, but on a high offense team like the Dragon's I don't think it's quite as impactful. However don't be too surprised if he has a couple clutch goals this finals.

Task Nine
Sent

[Image: 2v10l6s.png]

TASK ONE: In at least 150 words, write an introductory paragraph for a potential Wikipedia article about one of the players in the finals. Include draft season and the teams they have played for.
Drafted in the Season 41 SHL Draft, Piotr Czerkawski really is out of Radomsko, Poland, or so they essentially thought. He actually was drafted with the 3rd pretty overall kind of pick in the draft by the New England Wolfpack, which kind of is quite significant. Coming out of Montreal Impact of the SMJHL, Czerkawski definitely was a primarily passing forward to particularly keep an eye on, which particularly is fairly significant. He for all intents and purposes has fantastic passing, defense, as well as puck handling ability, or so they literally thought. He essentially has generally played for the Wolfpack for this year, which literally shows that he essentially was drafted with the 3rd kind of overall for all intents and purposes pick in the draft by the New England Wolfpack in a for all intents and purposes major way. Czerkawski essentially is a 6''2", 220 pound guy from Poland that definitely looks to specifically take his first Challenge Cup home to Poland, which generally is fairly significant.

Words: 169

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S42 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

The hero of the playoffs is someone that you would actually expect to be in the MVP race. I know, I know, it is not someone that is unsung, but sue me. Mike Izzy deserves all of the credit for being the hero of the playoffs. Look at what he has done. 10 games, he has 9 goals, 8 assists. Are you kidding me? This is the playoffs, it is not supposed to be that easy, but Mike Izzy is making it look easy. Not to mention, he is also leading the playoffs in plus/minus with 8. That is crazy. He is doing everything he needs to and he deserves all of the credit for someone that should be the MVP. Now, he needs to just stay out of the box as he has 21 penalty minutes, averaging a minor per game. You got to stay out of the box, young lad.

Words: 153

TASK FOUR:
Sent.

TASK SEVEN: Which young player on each team will have (or, if you're doing this later, has had) the biggest impact in the Cup finals, and why? Must mention at least one player S38 or younger per team. Must be at least 150 words.

The person that literally has for all intents and purposes had the hardly the biggest impact on the playoffs so far for all intents and purposes is part of the New England Wolfpack organization, basically contrary to popular belief. It essentially is none very other than the youngster, Manuel Gotze, which definitely is quite significant. When you specifically look at what he for all intents and purposes has done in this playoffs, he mostly has made his presence known in a fairly big way. With a lot of the rookies having very definitely little impact, Gotze particularly has literally proved that wrong, which mostly is quite significant. He for all intents and purposes has kind of played in 12 games while scoring 4 goals and having 2 assists for a pretty total of 6 points, which literally is fairly significant. There mostly is no doubt that he literally has actually played an impact in a for all intents and purposes major way.

Words: 162

TASK NINE: Trivia!
Sent.

PH

Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal? Patrikov Bure

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2018, 01:34 PM by Troy_McClure03.)

Cash Savage, born 10/1/1999 is a Left Wing Sniper currently playing in the SHL on the Kelowna Knights. Born in Canada, Canada Cash sits at 6 foot 2, weighting in at 220 pounds. He has his wife, Mrs. Cash Savage, and son, Baby Cash Savage.

Playing days:

Drafted 5th overall by the then Colorado Mammoths (now Raptors) Cash went on to have an average first season with the Mammoths, scoring 6 goals and getting 4 assist in 50 games played. Cash was mostly used on the 3rd and 4th line, more often then not on the weak side (right side). His production is very impressive if you consider he was not getting top line minutes, and in fact finished with 417 minutes played, being the 4th lowest. He was in the top 5 for shooting percentage, at 14.29, and was tied for 2nd with game winning goals (2).

In his second season, he was voted Captain of the now Raptors, where he did much better. Now playing on the left wing, he spent almost all 50 games in the top left wing spot, along side SHL greats Anders Christiansen and Manuel Gotze. Savage would finish the season with 16 goals and 23 assist for 29 points.

At the start of the third season, due to call ups, Management decided to trade Cash Savage with Kevin Maddox to the Knights. On the Knights Cash went from a first line left wing to second line left wing. He had his most productive year, getting 35 points ( 19 goals, 16 assist) and had a shooting percentage above 15.

(267)

Kevin Maddox:

Kevin “Maddog” Maddox of the Kelowna Knights is my first choice for underrated unsung hero. He has been the anchor for the Knights for every single game this season.  He is a minute hog, 3rd overall on the team with 88 minutes through 4 games, and has a goal and an assist to boot. One of his goals are a game winner, and while he isn't on a huge hot streak, consistent and reliable are the two words that I use to describe his play. He isn't going to go out there and put in 10 goals, but he isn't going to give up on the play or let his team down.

My second choice is Cash Savage. Cash also have a game winning goal, and while he isn't on the top line, he still is putting up solid minutes (62) and has a plus 2 in 4 games played so far. He leads the team in goals (3) and is shooting at an outstanding 21%.

(168)
TASK THREE: Design a championship ring for the Challenge Cup Finals. Must include a team logo and season number.  NOU

PM SENT

TASK FIVE: Design a Cup Finals-themed sig for one of the players playing in the finals. Must include player name, render, team color(s), and some mention or indication of the finals. 
NO U
TASK SIX: Design your ticket for one of the Cup Finals games. Must include at least a home team logo, some representation of the Cup, a price, and a barcode. 

[Image: aWoMhxV] (https://imgur.com/a/aWoMhxV) Edited and fixed with cup! Thanks!!

TASK EIGHT: Design the championship banner for the S42 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name, and at least one render. 

PM SENT

Bonus:

Cash Savage Scores the winner in the SMJHL No question. I know that isn't part of the bonus, just giving some love to my boy @Cash savage

if it has to be the SHL my guess is : Casey Creller

Task 1, 2, 4, 6, 9 complete!

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2018, 12:20 PM by Raven.)

Quote:TASK FOUR: Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

Sent

Quote:TASK NINE: Trivia! Send the answers to me by forum PM. You will not get credit for posting the answers in this thread. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 for each correct answer.]

Sent

Quote:TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S42 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

Mikke Laukkanen has been an absolute beast in the S42 playoffs. Their record heading into the final series has been 8 wins and 4 losses. A 66.67% winpercentage for the goalie is not too shabby. 3 of those losses was against the West Kendall Platoon and the 4th lose was against the Hamilton Steelhawks. Backing Laukkanen is a save percentage of .935 which is the best in the playoffs by a mile and a 2.12 average goals against, which against is the best in the playoffs by a bit. Laukkanens play has been very solid so far and New England Wolfpack have been able to stay alive due to their amazing play. What is even more impresses is that so far Laukkanen has faced a grand total of 401 shots against which is about 34 per game and that the second most shot at goalie is Richard C. Hocolate with 344 shots against. Laukkanen is standing on their head with all the shots which are being shot against them.

Quote:TASK ONE: In at least 150 words, write an introductory paragraph for a potential Wikipedia article about one of the players in the finals. Include draft season and the teams they have played for.

Patrikov 'kevin bieksa' Bore (born September 6, 1994) is an Canadian left wing sniper for the New England Wolfpack of the Simulated Hockey League (SHL). He played college hockey for the University of Couch. He was signed by the Winnipeg Yets after being drafted 24th overall in the season 24 SHL entry draft. In season 27 he was traded to the New England Wolfpack. As of season 42, he is the leading goal scorer of any player in New England Team history. Bure has played in 850 games in the SHL in total, of which 800 games with the New England Wolfpack. Through out history Bure has been selected as captian or assistant captian for the Wolfpack on multiple occasions. Bure has stated that he will continue playing for the Wolfpack until he has overtaken Nathan Russell as all time leading point scorer. Bure is currently four points away from taking this spot.

Quote:TASK SEVEN: Which young player on each team will have (or, if you're doing this later, has had) the biggest impact in the Cup finals, and why? Must mention at least one player S38 or younger per team. Must be at least 150 words.

Piotr Czerkawski is going to get called up for the cup finals by the New England Wolfpack and I personally think Czerkawski is going to try and make the most of this situation. He will try and show off his skills and try to prove his importance to his coaches in these very important upcoming playoff games. Looking at things realisticly Czerkawski might have some troubles adjusting to the new speed and level of play he will encounter. These are the finals and the best of the best are playing against one and another. There is also the question wether there will be chemistry between him and his new teammates. It might take a while for them to get used to each others play. Young Czerkawski could get intimidated by all this, but all in all I like to see myself as someone who looks on the brightside and I believe Czerkawski is going to do just fine and prove his worth instantly.

Quote:Bonus question: Who scores the Cup-winning goal?

Bure
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2018, 06:07 PM by JVMjrDOT.)

Task One
Mike Izzy is a professional hockey player in the Simulation Hockey League. He plays forward for the Calgary Dragons, who recently won the Season 42 Championship. Izzy played all kinds of sports growing up, but started to focus more on hockey as a teenager. When he was 18, he was drafted into the SMJHL to the Kelowna Knights. He showed great promise in the minors, and as a result, was drafted to the Edmonton Blizzard in Season 35. Izzy would end up playing 3 seasons in the minors with the Knights. When we was about to be called up to play for Edmonton in the SHL, he found out that he had been traded to Calgary, home of the Dragons. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise, as Izzy won the Challenge Cup with Calgary in both Seasons 40 and 42. Izzy has been a top scorer not only on the Dragons, but in the league. This past year, he had 26 goals and 26 assists, more than a point per game. He is surely a force to be reckoned with.

Task Two
Hunter Jones is the unsung hero of the S42 playoffs. In order to make a long run in the playoffs, a team needs more than just their stars to play well. You need your depth players to step up when it matters most. If you compare Jones' stats in the regular season compared to the playoffs, it's clearly shown that he plays the hardest in the biggest games. During the regular season, Jones had a respectable 7 goals and 21 assists in 50 games. He was a consistent contributor who only had 2 penalty minutes all season. During the playoffs, he had 2 goals and 14 assists in 16 games. He put up nearly the same PPG as Mike Izzy and Joe Kurczewski did in the regular season. Jones did have 5 PIMs, but that was a fight where he stood up for his goalie. Overall, Jones had a fantastic playoffs, and who knows if Calgary would have won the Challenge Cup without him.

Task Seven
Manuel Gotze had a huge impact as a rookie in the S42 Playoffs. His six goals were good enough for 9th overall, and 1st among rookies. It is incredibly difficult to be a difference maker in the SHL as a rookie, as TPE levels have a much larger variance than those in the SMJHL. That being said, New England has seemed to go the route of the Detroit Red Wings, keeping their players in the minors until management feels that they're ready to make it to the show, instead of giving them a trial by fire. Gotze is currently sitting at 710 TPE, so it's easy to see how he's had a very successful rookie campaign. The only rookie on New England, Gotze finished the regular season with 10 goals and 7 assists. If you compare that to his 9 points in 18 playoff games, Gotze absolutely improved as the season went along, and peaked at the right time. Next year is looking just as promising for the young star.

Task 4 and Task 9 PM's sent.

Bonus Question: P. Bure

[Image: 400x200.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2018, 11:30 PM by Cynthia.)

Patrikov Bure (born 19XX) is a currently active Russian professional ice hockey player who is currently playing for the New England Wolfpack of the Simulation Hockey League. He previously played for the Winnipeg Jets for the S27 season under the name "Patrick Taylor" and served as an on and off alternative captain for the Wolfpack during his tenure. Bure is the all-time leader in goals and game winning goals after having spent nearly all his career with the Wolfpack after being traded by the Jets along with a 2nd for Niklas Wikstrom. He announced his retirement from the game of hockey in the offseason of S42 and is expected to break the Wolfpack all-time records for points, games played and minutes played.

Patrikov Bure won a gold medal with Team Russia in S26 and S38 along with a silver in S28 and a bronze in S32. He has gone to the finals 5 times and won the Challenge Cup 3 times. He is one of few players to be nominated for the Anton Ratzov trophy on three different occasions despite only winning once.

Patrikov Bure makes his mark as one of the unsung heroes for the New England Wolfpack in the S42 playoffs. Bure scored 4 goals and 6 assists for 10 points which ranked 7th on the team. While his depth scoring was important for the team, his influence on the team and on-ice leadership is what was most important for the team as he is one of the only remaining members of the S30 Challenge Cup team on a relatively younger and newer team since then. He stood up for his linemates in games including getting into a fight to protect rookie Manual Gotze despite getting his shit handed to him in his only penalty of the entire playoffs. Bure was also a plus 2 on a team with generally negative +/- ratios and logged a fair amount of minutes despite being an older player on the team. Bure isn't the same playoff performer as he once was, age does that, but he was underrated for what he still brought to the ice.

1. ifenhtrlcoies
2. nraacoehhgerb
3. tidtdoroiowsbf
4. nkskanaeieran

Manuel Gotze on the New England Wolfpack had a fantastic first playoff performance in his rookie year while Hunter or as I like to call him THUNDER THIGHS JONES was a fantastic young performer for the Calgary Dragons. Gotze scored 6 goals in the Wolfpack's run to the Challenge Cup Finals as well as potting in 3 assists for a total of 9 points, 8th on the Wolfpack's scoring chart. Gotze was also a tough cookie for the Wolfpack as he held his own in a brawl during the finals where he tied his opponent. THUNDER Jones scored 2 goals but one was a game winning goal in the final, truly the biggest game of his life at that point. He also had 14 helpers for a total of 16 points in the playoffs thus being point per game in the playoffs and ranking 5th on his team for scoring. He ended up being +9 showing he was defensively responsible while also getting into a scrap despite losing.

1. Who is the New England Wolfpack's all-time leading point scorer?
2. What season was the Wolfpack's last Challenge Cup Finals loss?
3. Which former players' numbers have the Calgary Dragons retired? (There are two.)
4. Which former Dragon is the SMJHL's "Most Sportsmanlike" award named for?

Game winning goal: Patrikov Bure

[Image: ne80va.png]
[Image: cynthia.png]

Thanks to Enigmatic and Crutch for the beautiful signatures
[Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png]

TASK ONE
Mike Izzy is a forward for the Calgary Dragons. He was drafted as part of the Season 35 draft class, which was not considered one of the stronger classes. However, 7 seasons later, he is now one of the top players on the team. He has already won one Challenge Cup, and is currently in the finals where he is favored to win another. He is known to many teammates and other players around the league as “Coach Biz,” as he is a recruiter for his team and, having spent his entire career on the Dragons, knows their strategy as well as anyone. Izzy, despite having to full roles as winger and center, has consistently been one of the more efficient hitters in the league, taking home the title of cleanest hitter in S42. Finally, in the off season, Mike Izzy is the player coach for Austria in the International Ice Hockey Federation League.

TASK THREE (Unsung Hero)

TASK SEVEN (Young player impact)

TASKS FOUR AND NINE (PMd)

Otis B Driftwood (born June 4, 1998) is an American professional ice hockey player who plays for the Calgary Dragons of the Simulation Hockey League (SHL).
Otis began his professional hockey career with the St Louis Scarecrows. He received early attention due to his incredible size, and surprising athleticism. In spite of his obvious physical advantages, he did not have a great deal of individual success in St Louis. He ended his rookie season with 26 points, and followed it up with 24 points in his sophomore season. In the season 40 SHL entry draft, Otis was selected 2nd overall by the Calgary dragons, the team’s highest draft selection since Randy Randleman was taken 1st overall in season 24. He played his first season for the Dragons in S42 where he played next to long time Calgary veteran, Michael Boychuk. He posting 11 points in 50 games, as well as an impressive 98 hits and 52 shots blocked in his rookie season.

Mia Landvik is a player who doesn’t normally receive a lot of praise. She has always been primarily about solid defensive play above anything else. On a team that has made it to the finals on the strength of their good defensive play, she has been and continues to be the anchor. Her stat line may not be impressive, but she does all the things that are needed to be done to get wins. She blocks shots, she plays physical, and she doesn’t make many mistakes. She currently has just 6 points in 12 playoff games, but more importantly she has 42 hits and 21 shots blocked. Both of those numbers are good enough for 2nd most in the playoffs this season. Their offense hasn’t show up quite as much as it did in the regular season, but thanks to solid defense by players like Landvik, the Wolfpack are back in the finals.

Ostap Maksimov has really stepped up his game from last season. In the playoffs a year ago, Ostap managed just 1 point in the 6 games Calgary played. This season is a different story. The sophomore defenseman has looked solid, assisting on 8 goals in the 10 games the Dragons played leading up to the finals. His physical play leaves a bit to be desired, but that is not this young man’s game. Offense is what he brings. His keen eye for passing lanes creates opportunities that the Calgary forwards have taken advantage of. Ostap may not have found the back of the net yet, but he has made a major contribution to the Dragons’ scoring this season. I think that his improvement from last season to this season is a significant contributor to the team being in the finals rather than losing in the first round. If he continues to improve at this rate, he could be one of the top scoring defensemen in another season or two.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Pm sent

Pm sent
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2018, 09:35 PM by Velevra.)

PM sent for Scramble and Trivia
Bonus: Mike Izzy
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2018, 04:14 PM by Nike.)

Chuck Goody Jr. is an American defense men who plays for the Calgary Dragons in the Simulation Hockey League. Goody Jr. the second in his family to reach the SHL and the second player in his family to win a Challenge Cup Final. Goody was born in Boston Massachusetts and is the son of Chuck Goody, who is a Simulation Hockey League Hall of Fame player. Goody Jr's father played in the SHL for Manhattan, Edmonton, Texas and Los Angeles. Goody Jr. has played his entire career with the Calgary Dragons. Goody stands six foot, four inches tall and weighs two hundred pounds. He is right handed. Chuck Goody was drafted in the Season 35 SHL Entry Draft in the first round. Goody Jr. has never played internationally, despite his availability to team USA in the IIHF World Championships. Goody Jr. has previously won the SHL Challenge Cup in Season 40.

TASK THREE: Design a championship ring for the Challenge Cup Finals. Must include a team logo and season number.

[Image: voosb1Y.png]

PM'd

[Image: MdM1osW.png]

PM'd

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2018, 10:48 AM by goilers.)

My choice for S42 unsung playoff hero is none of than defensemen Mia Landvik from the New England Wolfpack. Sure she doesn’t have the best stat line but she has always played a major defensive game for her team. She gets in the corners and does all the dirty work where most players tend to stay away from. She leads her team with 42 hits and 21 shots blocked, I believe she is a huge reason her team is in the playoffs because she is able to play such a defensive game. If Mia is able to get more shots on nets I think she would be an even bigger threat, right now she only has 8 shots on net but if she tried to get at least one shot a game im sure we would see better offensive numbers. On top of that she is also producing some points, she  has 1 goal,5 assists, -1 and 18 pims so far, and she plays top minutes and is a big part of New England’s special teams.
Code:
176 Words

TASK FOUR:
PM'd

TASK SIX: Design your ticket for one of the Cup Finals games.
[Image: 6SyOdes.png]

I would have say Hunter Jones is a young player who has had success in the playoffs so far this season, he is a part of the S38 class and so far in 10 games played he has 11 points. He is currently fitting in nicely on the 2nd line and also plays a role on the Calgary Dragons special teams. He has had an impact as he is producing points and also has been creating scoring chances for his line mates. I think if he continues his training he is going to be one of Calgarys top players in no time. For the New England Wolfpack I think their rookie Manuel Gloze has had the biggest impact on the team for the young players. This is his first season in the SHL and he is very lucky to get a taste of the playoffs already. The reason I chose him is because so far in 12 games played he has 6 points and playing on the second line. He is 2nd on the team for most hits and is playing a pretty big role on the team already.
Code:
189 Words

TASK NINE: Trivia!
PM'd

Bonus- Mike Izzy

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]