Create Account

PT Affiliation

Awesome. Doubt a single person outside of PPT actually reads the PTs regularly so replacing some of those with links with the chance to open up a new recruiting avenue seems like a no brainer to me.

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2018, 12:43 AM by Clint Eastwood. Edit Reason: BECAUSE I WANT TO EDIT YOU IDIOTS SO I'M GONNA DO IT )

I don't get the fuss here. PTs are boring af and being able to do one for 3 instead of three for 3 is very time sparing. We're not too good for the other leagues either.

If the SHL has lasted 42 seasons and out populated and out lived every other league. Why the fuck would you think we need to change the core player building to help out struggling leagues?

I really dont like this

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

I have an alternative idea.

How about a loyalty bonus kinda like AC's. 1 point per league your active in.

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

I like this! will really help with activity. i know i held myself back from signing up to the NSFL because i can't be arsed to be as active as i am here, just don't have the spare time. really, a great idea. i bet it will be updated and tinkered with time.

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

08-21-2018, 01:57 AMNUCK Wrote: I have an alternative idea.

How about a loyalty bonus kinda like AC's. 1 point per league your active in.

The AC is already a reward for loyalty in returning each week.

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

08-20-2018, 07:24 PMDangles13 Wrote: I like it. Now I can be active in all the leagues.

THAD about to boom in the NSFL this season in Yellowknife.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Really happy about this initiative, both as player active in all these leagues, but especially as PBE Commissioner.

While I understand the hesitation, we've run a similar program with NSFL and it only breeds activity on both sites - time that otherwise gets spent on completing PTs (that hardly anyone enjoys/reads afterwards) is spent on creating real activity - media write-ups, graphics, even discord talks are more contributing to the league well being.
As mentioned we are not PT mainly leagues and TPE coming from it is just about 7.5-15% (depending on the league) of total TPE you can earn - and once you come to the site to even link affiliated PT you are that much more likely to create other activity - either completing predictions, small PTs, media or even spending that time in the comfort of so many amazing LR you can encounter across all the leagues.

Sim leagues are also an amazing opportunity to learn about new sports - that's how I finally learned about football and rediscovered some of the hockey interest I had as a child. Why am I mentioning this? Biggest gripe with PTs often comes from people that are yet to learn about the sport when they enter new sim league - it's not really comfortable to write about something you know barely anything about. But once you get around it becomes your second nature and you can easily swap around those PTs, just as I plan to do once this PT Affiliation kicks off in S43, depending which league topic is most interesting at the time.

08-20-2018, 09:47 PMKing Wrote: So can someone tell me which league has the easiest PT so I can join and do that one.

It's very similar in design everywhere - all leagues require either written paragraph or graphic. I think it very much depends on the sport/league you prefer and player you are most comfortable writing about.

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

i dont see a reason for this its like every player over 1000 tpe performs kinda the same. like tf Marius has like i think 1k and atmey has 1.5 or something, they perform basically the same.

adding this system makes everyone the same as if it isnt almost like that already. update system here doesnt benifit the highest tpe forwards much compared to lower tpe like karius is rn

08-21-2018, 06:24 AMSamee Wrote: i dont see a reason for this its  like every player over 1000 tpe performs kinda the same. like tf Marius has like i think 1k and atmey has 1.5 or something, they perform basically the same.
Atmey was ~52% on faceoffs on the top unit, had 125 hits and shot below 5%

Marius played wing on the 2nd unit, had 6 hits, didn’t take any faceoffs and shot above 13%

cmon now Samee lol don’t act like they’re just magically the same player despite a 700-800 TPE difference

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

08-21-2018, 06:29 AMSamee Wrote: adding this system makes everyone the same as if it isnt almost like that already. update system here doesnt benifit the highest tpe forwards much compared to lower tpe like karius is rn

Oh boy lets change the update scale again, because we can't have people even close to similar in production, can we?

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2018, 07:54 AM by ztevans.)

08-21-2018, 06:24 AMSamee Wrote: i dont see a reason for this its like every player over 1000 tpe performs kinda the same. like tf Marius has like i think 1k and atmey has 1.5 or something, they perform basically the same.

I initially read Marius as Manius and thought Samee was high af, AMA

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

If it brings more people to update regularly I'm all for it. The league in itself has been stagnant in terms of numbers of actives even through multiple Reddit drafts. We've reached a point where the players coming in stagnate in the SMJHL for multiple seasons either due to lack of space on their SHL team or because they have less TPE than inactives. If this brings in more actives (even a semi-active is an active) then I'm all for it as it'll push teams to fill up with non-inactives and could potentially lead to growth in terms of expansion in the long run.

We all have our opinon on how this will turn out but we cannot simulate this in advance. We can only go by the results of such cooperation has brought to other leagues and it looks like it works. @RomanesEuntDomus you're quick to bash this system but SCOR lets you use the SHL PT for your weekly welfare and I've seen you use it.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

08-21-2018, 08:15 AMZoone16 Wrote: If it brings more people to update regularly I'm all for it. The league in itself has been stagnant in terms of numbers of actives even through multiple Reddit drafts. We've reached a point where the players coming in stagnate in the SMJHL for multiple seasons either due to lack of space on their SHL team or because they have less TPE than inactives. If this brings in more actives (even a semi-active is an active) then I'm all for it as it'll push teams to fill up with non-inactives and could potentially lead to growth in terms of expansion in the long run.

We all have our opinon on how this will turn out but we cannot simulate this in advance. We can only go by the results of such cooperation has brought to other leagues and it looks like it works. @RomanesEuntDomus you're quick to bash this system but SCOR lets you use the SHL PT for your weekly welfare and I've seen you use it.

Well yes, I have even brought up SCOR myself as an example of a league where this system works quite well, but SCOR is very different than the SHL and I don't think you can you duplicate the results over here.

By the way, I'm not gonna hide that this of course has a personal factor for a lot of people, including me, as well. People who are also on PBE and NSFL will of course like it because it makes their lifes easier, whereas I have no interest in these leagues because I don't care about the sports, so this has zero benefits for someone like myself. Instead I just get to watch people claim stuff for free that I have to work for quite hard. It's not like I enjoy PTs very much either (that's why I said I wouldn't have a problem with changing the overall system), but I do them because I want to make a better player. And maybe at some point in my career I will stop doing them and as a result, will suffer from regression earlier than those people who kept at it. And that's absolutely fine and how it should be - but now people don't need much of a work ethic at all and we just gift them 250+ TPE - basically 50% of the "high-end" TPE that separates the top from the middle of the pack (the other half being equipment).

I'm not completely against giving this a try and seeing what happens, but I'm worried that there won't be an honest review of this situation in a few season, instead the league will likely just go like "things haven't gone to shit so I guess we can keep this", which wouldn't be a good approach imho.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]