Create Account

Can we address the problem with PBPs?
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2018, 01:56 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

08-23-2018, 01:50 PMGrapehead Wrote:
08-23-2018, 01:33 PMJustice Wrote: Just to add onto my previous point, I don't want anyone to be barred from PbP's after one rough one in their rookie season because they just didn't know. Let's keep it to people who we feel like were explicitly negligent to what they knew would be their responsibility.

Can you give me an example of a bad PBP for reference? I know they happen, just curious which fall into that category in your opinion.

http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=84216

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

08-23-2018, 01:56 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
08-23-2018, 01:33 PMJustice Wrote: Just to add onto my previous point, I don't want anyone to be barred from PbP's after one rough one in their rookie season because they just didn't know. Let's keep it to people who we feel like were explicitly negligent to what they knew would be their responsibility.

Can you give me an example of a bad PBP for reference? I know they happen, just curious which fall into that category in your opinion.

jfc

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Also there was one where I think @Dude only posted the box score for each period or something like (sorry Dude if that wasn't you), but you get the gist

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

idk man, Poldark is actually a good show. PBS is really stepping up their game imo

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

A big problem with improving PBPs is that even among the people who like them (as I do) there's so much fracturing about what constitutes a "good" PBP. I know a lot of people love the super fast PBPs that are just a few posts (or just 1) per period while others (such as me) like the slower ones that establish a nice rhythm. As a result there's not much agreement on what improvement would look like.

It's also really hard to incentivize people to spend time doing a good job without making it so lucrative that people feel compelled to do them to keep up in TPE.

I don't envy the predicament that Er's in.

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

OMG, I didn't know that you are giving TPEs for doing PBP. I don't think that it is correct because my English isn't very good and I can't those PBPs so I lose some TPEs

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

What if we streamed our matches in OOTP since we are on the way to merge everything across SHL-PBE-NSFL. We could even ask them to play with a football.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

08-23-2018, 02:22 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:

Also there was one where I think @Dude only posted the box score for each period or something like (sorry Dude if that wasn't you), but you get the gist

It wasn't JUST the scoresheet, but it was still bad Wink

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]
[Image: duderino.gif]

Clint Eastwood, Jun 10 2018,  09:36 AM Wrote:Can't buy love, but love can buy a lot.

keep pbe's but they give no tpe and we have pbe graders who give them some amount of money

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

08-23-2018, 11:22 PMkit Wrote: keep pbe's but they give no tpe and we have pbe graders who give them some amount of money
Exactly what I was thinking. Very good point

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

08-23-2018, 04:44 PMEvok Wrote: What if we streamed our matches in OOTP since we are on the way to merge everything across SHL-PBE-NSFL. We could even ask them to play with a football.

Easy, done.

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2018, 05:33 AM by jRuutu.)

Could be worth it to look into the possibility of allowing users to use PBP they have done in some other league again on SHL? Just because it´s done in some other league, does not mean work has not gone into it.

If you don´t like the fact that they are from baseball or football leagues, you don´t have to read them.

08-24-2018, 05:33 AMjRuutu Wrote: Could be worth it to look into the possibility of allowing users to use PBP they have done in some other league again on SHL? Just because it´s done in some other league, does not mean work has not gone into it.

If you don´t like the fact that they are from baseball or football leagues, you don´t have to read them.

Those other leagues don't have PbPs because they use sims where you can actually stream the game as it happens and get more than a text output of the result. Joke kinda falls flat, but your persistence is admirable! (I guess)

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

My point is that you shouldn't get TPE for PbP's just a money reward. That way less people feel pressured to do them which should increase the overall quality of a PbP but that is kinda hard to measure since that is rather subjective. With PbP's only giving money people who actually want to do them and enjoy them get to do them.

Just my 0.02 coz I felt pressured to do them to keep up in the TPE race back then but didn't enjoy them + in the past they slowed down playoffs but that is no longer an issue ( thank god for that).

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

08-24-2018, 07:52 AMztevans Wrote:
08-24-2018, 05:33 AMjRuutu Wrote: Could be worth it to look into the possibility of allowing users to use PBP they have done in some other league again on SHL? Just because it´s done in some other league, does not mean work has not gone into it.

Those other leagues don't have PbPs because they use sims where you can actually stream the game as it happens and get more than a text output of the result. Joke kinda falls flat, but your persistence is admirable! (I guess)

No wonder SHL teamed up with them, SHL is miles behind already