Create Account

SHL PT Issue

08-28-2018, 07:43 AMArGarBarGar Wrote:
08-28-2018, 06:37 AMNUCK Wrote: Quick response is yes, my initial issue was with not getting SHL drafted. As it leaves people unable to do SMJHL and SHL PT's as a result of the situation.

BRB

But if they are active won't they get signed to a team and therefore be able to do PTs?

I'm not sure what the issue is.

That's the issue we tried last season to sign an active person that went undrafted but the rules say that we can't sign these player because they will be assigned to the next SHL draft. So they are stuck in limbo only being able to do AC+ 3 TPE training.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

08-28-2018, 07:58 AMTomen Wrote:
08-28-2018, 07:43 AMArGarBarGar Wrote:
08-28-2018, 06:37 AMNUCK Wrote: Quick response is yes, my initial issue was with not getting SHL drafted. As it leaves people unable to do SMJHL and SHL PT's as a result of the situation.

BRB

But if they are active won't they get signed to a team and therefore be able to do PTs?

I'm not sure what the issue is.

That's the issue we tried last season to sign an active person that went undrafted but the rules say that we can't sign these player because they will be assigned to the next SHL draft. So they are stuck in limbo only being able to do AC+ 3 TPE training.

What rule?

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2018, 09:14 AM by .bojo.)

Quote:If a player is undrafted in the SHL Entry Draft, they return to juniors as a SMJHL Free Agent. They can be signed by any team on a first come-first serve basis, unless they are >200 TPE and Inactive, in which case the team must own their rights (as per rule I.G.6.). If they are active, they may sign with the team of their choosing, and they will be eligible for the next SHL Draft

http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=59249

tl;dr sign with a smjhl team and do smjhl stuff

edit: oh and the next part. womp womp

Quote:They are NOT considered send-downs. This means they do NOT qualify for ANY SHL Point Tasks, Training, or anything that a Send-Down would normally be entitled to. They are also NOT SMJHL Rookies. They may do SMJHL weekly training and Activity Checks ONLY, and are not eligible to do SMJHL Point Tasks

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

I feel like the only change needed is allowing undrafted actives to do smjhl pt's if they're on a smjhl team.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

08-28-2018, 09:16 AM.bojo Wrote: I feel like the only change needed is allowing undrafted actives to do smjhl pt's if they're on a smjhl team.

Basicaly, yes.

Its not a major issue to fix but it does need to be fixed. We need to allow players to progress like the rest of their class. It would suck enough to go undrafted but then spend the next season basically spectating is just a boot to the jingle berries.

The other issue of signing as a FA is that it all depends on how fast the league advances threw the off-season. It could and it has been weeks before. That the SHL took forever to go from the SHL draft to FA's.

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

@NUCK this is a normal thing man. You'll get drafted soon just like everyone else. Until then you have ACs and WTs.

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]
[Image: duderino.gif]

Clint Eastwood, Jun 10 2018,  09:36 AM Wrote:Can't buy love, but love can buy a lot.

08-28-2018, 11:57 AMDude Wrote: @NUCK this is a normal thing man. You'll get drafted soon just like everyone else. Until then you have ACs and WTs.

This has nothing to do with me, just happened to a bud of mine and it seems not right. Basically just over looked the possibility of it happening, when the rule was written up.

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

So... if they dont get drafted in the SHL draft they can't even do SMJHL PTs? That's weird, makes them lag behind even further behind their draft class especially if they didn't get drafted

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

08-28-2018, 12:13 AMNUCK Wrote: How can this rule existe when we are allowing members from other sites to take advantage of our PT system.

[Image: 2gqrdj.jpg]

I'm curious what the genesis of that rule is because I agree that on its face it seems to be unnecessarily punitive. This has happened to at least two players within the past few seasons that were essentially forced to retire, so unless there's a good reason to keep it I hope we see this changed.

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims