Create Account

S42 WJC Bronze Medal Game: Scandinavia vs. World

S42 WJC Bronze Medal Game

Hello all, and welcome to the S42 World Junior Championship Bronze Medal Game between Team World and Team Scandinavia. Taking place in the lovely Ondrej Nepela Arena. Located in Bratislava, Czechoslovakia, this area hold 10 thousand people. During the round robin, Team world and Scandinavia faced each other twice, with Team world winning one game, and Scandinavia winning the other in a shootout. It is sure to be a hard fought game tonight.

Coming back from last place in Team Scandinavia posted a record of 3-6-1, now facing off for a Bronze Medal. Team Scandinavia faced off against the Latvians in the First Round and picked up the Overtime victory 12:02 into the extra frame on a goal by Noah Konn, assisted by Hippo Passamus and Jussi Hammanen, during a Power Play which saw Team Latvia’s Papa Huligans sitting two for tripping. In the Semi-final round the Scandinavia team faced off against the Red Hot British Isles team and would not be able to hold it together as the Brits would go on a run scoring 4 unanswered goals starting late in the 1st period. In net Scottey Crawfling tried his damndest saving 32 of 37 shots he saw.

Team World on the other hand is the complete opposite story. Leading the way in Round Robin play, 8-1-1, Team World was the team to beat coming into the Medal Play. Not slowing down with their high scoring affairs, Team World faced off against the Germany/Austria Team and would finish them off just 14 seconds into overtime, final 5-4. In their second round matchup against Team USA, Team World could not get anything going. Spending the majority of their time in their own zone, Team World couldn’t get the offense going. Only posting 16 shots on US tendy Kryyst, they relied heavily on goaltender Larry Atta who ended up stopping 33 of the 38 shots he faced.

Scandinavian Starting Roster:

Hippo Passamus - Jax Aittokallio - Noah Konn
Jussi Hammanen - Veikka Toivanen
Scottey Crawfling

World Starting Roster:

Jack Daniels - Vladimir Vaskov - Boris Denisovich
Viktor Kolesnikovs - Badum Tuch
Larry Atta

Join us for Puck Drop, 1 hour after the end of the Gold Medal Game

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Wooooo go scandis!

[Image: grogu111-A11.jpg]
norway                             IIHF Team Norway                          norway

Let's take this, world! Hype

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

Aittokallio and Denisovich both lineup inside the Faceoff dot as Referee Unknown gets ready to drop the puck. Unknown Checks the Clock, Both Goalies, Checks the centerman.

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.

And we are underway with an Aittokallio Faceoff win to get us going.

Denisovich gets a takeaway but gets scared as we already have an Icing 25 seconds into the game.

Muerto wins the faceoff right back to Ulrich, who claps one on net, but Atta gloves it down easily

0:32 Forsberg wins the faceoff clean and then is immediately sat down by Helzberg

Helzberg takes the puck but then gets his comeuppance and is hit cleanly by Tutankhamun

With the puck still in Team World’s zone, the Scandinavians start rifling off shots but they all keep hitting the end boards, making Atta’s job easy.

Quote:0:32 of 1st period - Nate Forsberg is hit by Gustav Helzberg.
0:38 of 1st period - Gustav Helzberg is hit by Rahotep Tutankhamun and loses puck.
1:50 of 1st period - Shot by Rafe Ulrich.
1:50 of 1st period - Shot Misses the Net.
1:52 of 1st period - Shot by Goku Muerto.
1:52 of 1st period - Shot Misses the Net.
1:54 of 1st period - Shot by Gilmore Tuttle.
1:54 of 1st period - Stopped by Larry Atta with a rebound.
2:18 of 1st period - Shot by Jax Aittokallio.
2:18 of 1st period - Shot Misses the Net.
2:56 of 1st period - Kjetil Veblen is hit by Konstantin Kostoyevskiy and loses puck.
3:36 of 1st period - Icing by Gilmore Tuttle.

Faceoff in the scandinavia zone as Team World’s Vaskov wins it back to Daniels. Daniels skates the puck but cant keep his head up as he is mashed on the nearside boards.

Denisovich Picks up the puck and throws it on net, but its blocked. AA the 3rd picks gets the rebound and throws it on net for an easy deflection into the corner by Helzberg.

Puck gets back into Team World’s zone as ulrich is just standing there shooting at nothing apparently before they finally throw one into Atta’s pads

Quote:4:45 of 1st period - Shot by Rafe Ulrich.
4:45 of 1st period - Shot Misses the Net.
4:49 of 1st period - Shot by Rafe Ulrich.
4:49 of 1st period - Shot Misses the Net.
4:51 of 1st period - Shot by Rafe Ulrich.
4:51 of 1st period - Shot Misses the Net.
4:53 of 1st period - Shot by Rafe Ulrich.
4:53 of 1st period - Stopped by Larry Atta without a rebound.

After a series of faceoffs, a shot on net, and an Icing the puck is back in Team World’s zone as Volkov beats Ulrich with a nice defensive zone win.

Team World’ Katsuo Yamahuchi skates the puck into the Scandinavian zone as they look to finally get the wheels moving.

He drops the puck to Denisovich as he skate along the wall.

Denisovich is looking and he eye’s Jack Daniels sitting on the back door.

Sauce pass across the net front. Svensson takes a wack at it mid air.

But he miss and DANIELS IS THERE TO KNOCK IT HOOOOOMMMMMEEE
GGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!
Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal

Team World takes an Early 1-0 lead in this one. At the 6:17 mark in the 1st period
Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal Goal
Quote:5:47 of 1st period - Pavel Volkov wins face-off versus Rafe Ulrich in Team World zone.
6:00 of 1st period - Shot by Jack Daniels.
6:00 of 1st period - Shot Blocked by Rasmus Rasmus.
6:17 of 1st period - Shot by Jack Daniels.
6:17 of 1st period - Goal by Jack Daniels - Scandinavia : 0 - Team World : 1.

Team World , Jack Daniels 1 (Boris Denisovich 1, Katsuo Yamaguchi 1) at 6:17

As we continue, Team Scandinavia continues their control of the game, but Hippo Passamus take an ill advised Hooking Penalty. The World goes on the Man advantage at 6:48 in the first.

Quote:6:48 of 1st period - Minor Penalty to Hippo Passamus for Hooking.

This non-eventful game we can only imagine that the coaches frustration is growing as no one can hit the net. Really making sure the boards were installed properly.

Quote:7:55 of 1st period - Shot by Badum Tuch.
7:55 of 1st period - Shot Misses the Net.
7:57 of 1st period - Shot by Crush Cile.
7:57 of 1st period - Shot Misses the Net.
7:59 of 1st period - Shot by Badum Tuch.
7:59 of 1st period - Shot Hit the Post.
9:33 of 1st period - Shot by Pingy Pingu.
9:33 of 1st period - Shot Misses the Net.
9:35 of 1st period - Shot by Kjetil Veblen.
9:35 of 1st period - Shot Misses the Net.

The World wins the puck in the scandianvia zone, but quickly turn it over as the Scandinavians skate the puck into their offensive end and just start firing them off. Just ringing the doorbell left and right. PING

Quote:11:08 of 1st period - Vladimir Vaskov wins face-off versus Jax Aittokallio in Scandinavia zone.
11:23 of 1st period - Shot by Noah Konn.
11:23 of 1st period - Shot Hit the Post.
11:25 of 1st period - Shot by Willie Fisterbottom.
11:25 of 1st period - Shot Misses the Net.
11:27 of 1st period - Shot by Hippo Passamus.
11:27 of 1st period - Shot Hit the Post.
11:31 of 1st period - Shot by Jax Aittokallio.
11:31 of 1st period - Shot Misses the Net.
11:33 of 1st period - Shot by Noah Konn.