Create Account

S43 SMJHL PT 2: Team Building

[Image: Z1JhE3S.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

As our first team building exercise my team went to a honey factory. We learned all there is you could ever need or want to know about honey. Some of the guys wandered off and were eating honey out of the vats. Some of the uses for honey are medical and some even help with stress relief. Nicholas Williams and Kiko Rytmeyr inquired more into the stress relief aspects of honey. When we returned to the rink from the tour of the honey factory coach asked us what we learned. Most shared about learning to work together like they do in the factory, Williams was more interested in sharing what he learned about honey and stress relief. Apparently it was about sticking together as a team and holding onto the puck, since none of us got the message we ran a ton drills and I think WIlliams is still running them.

[151]

After being signed by the Anchorage Armada i had a lot to adjust too due to growing up in Great Britain. The guys at the team took me around to show me the area of Anchorage. In the back of my mind while walking around all i could think about was Fallout 3 and how i used to explore a fictional part of the area on it. We went to a bar and had some drinks at the end. Due to being the newbie i had to buy a round in which apparently is club tradition. Due to being underage everyone just ended up with coke which wasn't too bad. The next day we had Training camp and i had been working closely at my scoring against Benjamin Blue nothing went past him but i did start getting more on target and it was fun to hang out with everyone.

It was pretty amazing that my first team building exercise was a trip to the local brewery. Now I know what you're thinking "So you just got drunk" No. Well, yes, but we also learned about how something that may seem simple, like a bottle of beer, really takes time ,dedication, and teamwork for it to come together properly. One simple mistake in the recipe, temperature, or time can drastically alter the end result, turning what could be an amazing brew into something terrifying to smell, let alone taste. We were also asked by the brew-master for a few ingredients to make a new brew with based off the Whalers this season. We chose blood oranges, based on the blood of our enemies on the ice, and Fuji apples, based off... well it really wasn't based off anything ,we figured it would go well with the blood oranges. However, after several hours of learning and coalescing ,we all sat down for a wonderful feast with open kegs, and by the end of it all, we were very happy we rode the team bus!

Vancouver is a very different city to live in and explore compared to other cities in the SMJHL and SHL and what management decided to do was host a mini amazing race parody in Vancouver and hopefully not only get the guys to work as a team but also get them to explore the city and get familiar with the sights of Vancouver.

The teams started downtown at the arena and moved out from there, they moved to the Telus Science center to chinatown, then they took a trip to Surrey, Coquitlam, Granville, Metrotown, they practically went all over the city.

Shaquille spent some time in Metrotown buying a bunch of crap, he even got his credit card denied at Mujis for buying $50,000 in furniture. The group lost McCarthy somewhere in Surrey, it was a 50/50 chance if he would ever be found again, Jacobs spent a bit in the toy shops in granville, and Geoff Moore got lost somewhere in a pub and never made it out till training camp. God bless wherever he wandered for the week.

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

For team building the Halifax Raiders decided to head out on the high seas to see what it would be like to live the life of a pirate. Setting sail as the sun began to rise, the team soon realized the captain of the ship, the man who was both supposed to navigate and lead the actual team building activities, had somehow been left ashore. Attempting to keep the rest of his team from panicking, Leshaun King tried to organize those on board into various tasks. Crush Cile, meanwhile, ignored the issue at hand and tossed a fishing line over the side. What he expected to catch remained to be seen, as the waters were devoid of any sea life. Mister McCarty claimed to have previous experience with sailboats such as this one, but when he practically brought the mast down while trying to raise the sail it became pretty clear he was in way over his head. Meanwhile, throughout the whole experience, Ray Bork sat in the crows' nest, laughing at the scene playing out below him. Finally, after about 20 minutes of panic, the players decided to abandon ship and try to swim for shore. Upon doing so, they realized they had floated about 15 meters, still in view of shore. Asked about the experience later, Rainbow Dash replied, "it was AWESOME!"

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

[Image: 3wT3Uky.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 11:21 PM by Mac.)

Dean got onto the Ferry, as he took a seat on the top for a trip down the coastline of BC, he started part of the team building weekend.

Which oddly enough, everyone was told to take a full day, turn phones off, and just get away from it all and each other.

With such a hectic 50 game schedule,  sending you all over Canada, you rarely had time to be away from everyone, and the requirement, was to sit around in the arena together at the end of the 3 days, and talk about what everyone did.

We are supposed to remember this at all points during the season, while a team, sometimes teammates don't get along. But we are to remember, we are all on the same side.

We all sometimes don't have good days, but regardless of them, we are the Armada, when we step on that ice, for that 60 mins or more, we are one.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Maurice Amin After having a Super Smash Bros Turney

"Love being a part of this team. The guys are great and they're all pretty welcoming people. Unfortunately I didnt win this tourney! The winner was Jax. The guy was nuts. I didnt know you could be that good at a video game. In last was Xena! She was definitely not happy bout that. We all had a good time just makin fun of her after that. Even coach was a part of all this. Can't have a better coach than that. I really felt a lot closer with the team after that day. It was one of my first weeks and I take a while to settle in to new places. Lookin forward to takin that energy on to the ice this season."