Create Account

S43 PT #2 - Generational Talent
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2018, 01:37 AM by Cynthia.)

In a minimum of 150 words, select (1) Center, (2) Wingers, (2) Defensemen and (1) Goaltender. Tell us why you selected who you did.

C: Joe McKeil (S8)
An absolute legend in my eyes. He played for over 20 seasons thus playing for multiple eras of the league including different update scales, held the record for most points for numerous seasons as well. Ron Mexico may have held a better but shorter degree of excellence but it's hard to argue against a player who stuck to being on Hamilton for most of his career.

W: Kristian Eriksson (S20)
As someone who had the privilege to GM him, he's one of the most dominant players in SHL history and currently holds the SHL all-time points record with 3 less seasons than both Esa Anrikkanen and Joe McKeil, I feel bad for him because every season I had him he did fairly bad points wise so I can't even imagine how many points would he had if JNH continued the pace or Symmetrik was around earilier.

W:Esa Anrikkanen (S18)
Noticing a trend? Esa is currently 2nd on the all-time points record for the SHL and pretty much everything Joe McKeil did Esa did as well and better at that. He's stuck around for what it quite literally years now and if that doesn't deserve the title of generational talent I don't know what will.

D: Chris Partlow (S10)
He didn't play as long as the other defenseman on this list but holy cow 7 stevens nominations throughout his career. Partlow was simply the most dominant defenseman of his era.

D: Alonzo Garbanzo (S20)
Garbanzo like everyone besides Partlow on this list has played for an extremely long period of time and has been dominant for several seasons during his dominance including winning 5 stevens to Partlow's 3.

G: Jason Aittokallio (S31)
He was decent. Pretty good goalie. His only weakness was Slapshots from Cynthia Taylor apparently @JayWhy Aggrieved

[Image: ne80va.png]
[Image: cynthia.png]

Thanks to Enigmatic and Crutch for the beautiful signatures
[Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2018, 03:33 AM by Steelhead77.)

Written Task: In a minimum of 150 words, select (1) Center, (2) Wingers, (2) Defensemen and (1) Goaltender. Tell us why you selected who you did.

S1-10 - Ryan Jesster - G - Calgary Dragons - Who could forget Ryan Jesster, he was the first great goalie in SHL history and has a trophy named after him for rookie of the year. He won 2 cups with the Dragons in S8 and S9 along with numerous other accolades. Jesster was a generational talent and is a hall of famer, he definitely made good on his 1st overall pick status.

S1-S10 - Darian Scherbluk - D - Toronto North Stars - Over 1000 games played, mostly for Toronto, Scherbluk scored 748 points and is in the top 10 all-time for D scoring. He also had 216 power play points and finished with a +165 rating. He was a top Defenseman for a long period of his career which spanned from S8-S29. One of the best D ever to play the game.

S10-S19 - Vidrik Onoprienko - W - Winnipeg Jets - I could have written about myself here but I appreciate a lot of others already doing that. So I will pick my S18 draft buddy Vidrik Onoprienko for this era, but there's a ton of great player who could be here also. Onoprienko played over 900 games for Winnipeg and scored over 660 points helping them win I believe 2 cups. His impact was great on the ice but I think his impact as simmer during the S20's was even greater. He came in and stabilized the SHL simming job and it was a truly great era to play in and a fun time in the league. We owe him a lot and I'm happy to include him here even though he will never see this..

S20-29 - Nicholas Pedersen - C - Calgary Dragons/LA Panthers - Pedersen is the most underrated player in SHL history. Currently top 10 in all-time scoring and you wouldn't even know it from the way he carries himself around the league. Over 800 points, 5 cups with the Dragons, he's played in 9 finals and has probably played more playoff games than any player in history. I think he made the playoffs all but 1 season of his 20+ in the league. He's a gamer and a leader, the best guy I've ever played with in my 25 seasons.

S20 - S29 - Michael "Big Game" Boychuk - D - Calgary Dragons - Boychuk is the most clutch player from the 20's and that's why he got the nickname "Big Game." He's won 5 cups and is the all-time leader in points among Dragons defenseman with over 550 on his career. He also ranks top 25 in all-time blocks. He has a career +/- over 140 which is also incredible and he was always a stud on the powerplay with 148 points there as well. Big Game Boychuk may not get a ton of notice around the league but he was a key player for the Dragons 5 cups on the blue line and as leader. A generational Defenseman for Calgary and the league.

S30-39 - Joe Kurcewski - W - Calgary Dragons - Joe K, what a legend, first in his own mind, then finally on the ice! He's racked up over 400 points already and has helped the Dragons stay as a top team in the league winning 3 cups since he joined the team in S32. He's been a leader for us since we drafted him, he's won a league MVP and a playoff MVP and also broke 2000tpe, the 3rd Dragon to do so. He's carrying the torch and blazing his own trail as a legend from the 30's.

Honorable mentions: Hunter Wong, Jakub Aittokallio, Alonzo Garbanzo, Jasper Clayton, Kristian Eriksson, Randy Randleman, Mike Izzy and too many others to list.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

My generational team is made up of players that may or may not be the so called best of their decades. They are all undoubtedly Hall of Famers. They are also some of my personal favorites and this is my list. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Center - Taylor McDavid S10’s

When I first started here in the SHL there was no doubt in my mind who the best player at the time was. Taylor McDavid could seemingly do it all. He scored at a blistering pace that few could match. He could out physical the tough guys and laid hits all over the ice. He blocked shots like a defenseman. I poured over his build in the hope of gaining insight, mostly in vain.

Winger - Zalleras Szlerchek S20’s

My first player played for the West Kendall Platoon. At that time we had a power forward stud of studs that also happened to be an awesome person. Zalleras Szlerchek wa the best player on the Platoon teams of the twenties, when we were very, very good indeed. He could score, hit, defend, assist, whatever the team needed. He was also an unparalleled pugilist, never afraid to get blood on his jersey. They don’t make them like this guy anymore.

Winger - Kristian Eriksson S20’s

We all know this guy and what he has done. Indeed, he is still actively doing it. The player has been incredible and dominant, all the while showing a loyalty that is rare and to be praised.

Defense - Willie Weber S00’s

Alright, so Weber only played in one season of the SHL’s first decade. So sue me. I like the guy and technically he fits. We are talking about a defenseman here that had over three thousand hits, one of only two players in league history and the only defenseman to achieve this mark. He also scored over six hundred points and blocked more than eleven hundred shots.

Defense - Big Manius S30’s

One of the most criminally underrated players in league history. Big Manius was a feared blue line presence in this league for nineteen seasons. Known for his defensive prowess, Manius was also one of the most prolific goal scoring defensemen ever to lace ‘em up in the SHL. His career numbers firmly place him amongst the all time greats in just about every major statistical category. It is to the great shame of this league collectively and specifically to my forerunners on the Awards Comittee that Manius only ever received one Stevens nomination and never won one. It points to what a joke that particular award really is.

Goalie - Mark Harter S20’s

Third all time in wins in SHL history is my chosen goalie, Mark Harter. The longtime Toronto netminder actually started his career with me on Kelowna in the SMJHL. He won two Four Star Cups with Kelowna and a Challenge Cup with the Stars. With forty three shutouts to his name, Harter was one for the ages.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Jakub Aittokallio - G (S14 - S30)
Aittokallio is one of the best goalies of all time. He had a fairly long SHL career - 16 years - and he accomplished many things during those years - 3 Challenge Cups (Including one in his second SHL season), 1 John McBride (and 4 other nominations), 1 Ron Mexico and quite a few other trophies.

Ron Mexico - C (S1 - S14)
The MVP trophy is named after him. Is there really any other option?

Chris York - W (S33 - present)
The leader of the North Stars has been an impactful presence on the ice since his first SHL game. York is always at the top of the league in scoring. His highest career achievements are his 3 IIHF medals with team Norway - one of each - and a Challenge Cup.

Vlad McZehrl - W (S25 - S38)
Everywhere he went, Vlad McZehrl unleashed a hail of pucks onto the enemy team's net. This Hall of Famer's trophy cabinet is absolutely packed - 3 Challenge Cups, a Mexico, 3 Karpotsovs, 3 McDonalds and a bunch of other trophies I'm not gonna list because of how many there are. McZehrl averages just barely a point per game across his SHL career - very impressive, especially since that includes his rookie season and rookies aren't usually very good.

Chris Partlow - D (S10 - S25)
Partlow is one of the SHL's greatest defensemen ever. Similarly to the aforementioned Aittokallio and McZehrl, He's got 3 Challenge Cups and a Ron Mexico, as well as some other hardware.

Alonzo Garbanzo - D (S21 - present)
Garbanzo is one of the most experienced players in SHL history. He has 22 seasons under his belt and he's still producing nearly a point per game with no signs on stopping. He's a player you can really rely on.

292 words

Center: Ron Mexico (S1-S9): This is an easy pick. I mean this guy's name is on the MVP trophy of the league, so he has to be one of the greatest players of all time. Some might still regard him as the best.

Winger: VLAD McZehrl (S30-S39): A dominant scoring machine that didn't have a long career like some other players, but his peak hasn't been matched yet from what I know. Some might argue that due to some rule changes we will never see his records being broken again.

Winger: Theo Kane (S30-S39): 2-time MVP isn't something that can be done easily. Plus, this guy was a two-way monster in his prime with multiple Dar nominations.

Defender: Jason Due (S10-S19): The only defender in the history of the SHL to ever lead the whole league in scoring. Definitely quite underrated in my opinion but should be regarded as the best offensive Defender the league has seen. Maybe only Chris Partlow could rival him.

Defender: Alonzo Garbanzo ( S20-S29): One of the easiest pick for this task. Argar just created a monster and you could also easily just list him for his S30-S39 decade.

Goalie: Jakub Aittokallio ( S10-S19): A great goalie who performed great mostly in the S10-S19 era but was still a trophy nominee in the decade that followed. He is one of the Mount Rushmore goalie of the SHL.

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Center
1-10 (S1) Ron Mexico- He won two challenge Cups with the Jets, and was the first dominant scorer in the league, which earned him four MVP trophies and the trophy has been renamed after him.

Winger

30-39 (S31) Joe Kurczewski- A very dominant scorer on a very good Dragons team. He has won the Challenge Cup three times, was MVP in season 40 (both Khan and Mexico), and has also been an all-star 4 times. He currently leads the way for the Dragons, keeping them competitive during a transition.

10-20 (S18) - Esa Anrikkanen- Still playing today (because no assassins have been successful yet), Esa has been the perfect #1 overall pick. He has spent his entire career with the Dragons and has been a part of 5 Challenge Cups!

D-men:
20-30 (S21) Alonzo Garbanzo- Another player with a very long, distinguished career. Garbanzo has been an elite defenseman, even winning the Mexico trophy in s27. In addition he has 5 Stevens trophies as the best d-men, and is in the top 5 in all-time points, shot blocks, and hits.

Goalie:

1-10 (S1) Ryan Jester- Ryan was the face of the Dragons and was talented throughout his Dragons career. He made such a big impact that the league named rookie of the year after him, and the Dragons have named the yearly team MVP after him as well. He played a huge part in the Dragons winning their first Cup in season 8, as he was named playoff MVP. He and the Dragons repeated the next season.

[Image: itwCKq1.png]
[Image: HMTiDMv.png]
[Image: 4EBN287.png]

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

S1-9: C - Ron Mexico
Essentially the first ever league superstar, Ron Mexico dominated the SHL during it’s first ten seasons, retiring with 549P in 538 games, tons of individual awards and two challenge cups. When you have an award named after yourself, you’ve done something right.

S10-19: G – Jakub Aittokallio
In my opinion the best goaltender of all time. The SHL’s version of Martin Brodeur. Backstopped the Blizzard to 3 challenge cups. Most wins, most games played, and most shutouts. Hard to beat that.

S10-19: D – Chris Partlow
Easily one of the top defenders of all time. Won all kinds of hardware including 3 cups, a Ron Mexico, 3 Stevens, and 4 1st team allstars, retiring with 641P in 781GP.

S20-29: W – Vlad McZehrl
One of the most dominant offense forces the league has ever seen. Has a massive trophy case, and one of not too many players out there to retire with over a PPG.

S20-29: D – Alonzo Garbonzo
My pick for best defenseman of all time. Garbanzo has had a length and outstanding career. 4th all time in points as a defenseman, and on top of that his trophy case is ridiculous. 9 time 1st team allstar. 5 Stevens trophies (and 5 more nominees). A Ron Mexico. A challenge cup, and more. And still not quite done just yet.

S30-39: W – Joe Kurzewski
An excellent all-round player. Has been a massive contributor to the Dragons success in the past 10 seasons. One of the greatest two-way players ever, and still has lots of time left.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Goalie: Jakub Aittokaillo - S12
Aittokaillo is one of the all time dominant goalies in the SHL. Winning over half of his starts in his prime, and showing the longevity of an 18 season career, Aittokaillo has fully earned his place on this roster.

Defense: Chris Partlow - S1
When greatest defensemen in the SHL are discussed, Partlow should be in that conversation 10/10. Despite his career being very early in the existence of the league, Partlow was dominant in his time period and he makes this roster with no problems.

Defense: Alonzo Garbonzo - S21
MVP, Best Defenseman in the League, and a regular scorer. Garbonzo was a do everything defenseman who made the team around him better. Legend.

Winger: Chris York - S30-ish
A current star in the league, York is regularly in the conversation for MVP and near the top of the scoring race every year. When his career is all said and done, York will likely find his way to Hall of Fame and will have fully earned that distinction.

Winger: Vlad McZerhl - S25 
3-time Challenge Cup Winner, 8-Time All-Star, 8-Time Award winner. McZerhl has done it all and with one of the most impressive resumes in league history, he has certainly won it all. Any team in the league would have loved to have him during his prime and his name has gone down as one of the legends of the sport.

Center: Ron Mexico - S1
There is an award named after him. This is the easiest pick out of them all, but Mexico is arguably the best player in league history. An absolutely legendary figure in the league, he has gone down in league history as someone who helped make the league what it is today.

(306 Words)

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

NSFL PT

[Image: U04Nn2j.gif]

Center - (S1) Ron Mexico
Probably one of the easiest picks if you are doing an all-time starting line-up. Helps to have the league's MVP named after him too. He won 4 MVPs during his time in the league and added two more nominations on top of that too.

Winger - (S24) VLAD McZehrl
A five-time first team all-star, with one MVP and four nominations for the Mexico, and over a point per game player VLAD was one of the best players for much of his career. Topped off with three Challenge Cups, while playing on six teams through out his career.

Winger - (S20) Kristian Eriksson
The highest scoring player of all-time. While his trophy cabinent may be a bit bare compared to others, he's been the model of consistency and still managed to grab a Challenge Cup along the way.

Defenseman - (S10) Chris Partlow
The most decorated defenseman in SHL history, with three Scott Stevens Trophies and 7 more nominations, three Challenge Cups, and a Ron Mexico.

Defenseman - (S18) Roy Razin
One of the better defenseman of his era, Razin grabbed a cup along with 545 points.

Goaltender - (S31) Timo Haas
While he retired relatively early, Haas had one of the most decorated resumes of any goalie of his era.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2018, 06:55 PM by KillTheArchitect.)

(S01-09) - Ron Mexico ( C )
  • This is the one up for the least debate, all time legend. The guy has all the swagger and the trophies to back it up. 85 point season, 7 MVP titles along with 2 Challenge Cups. It'd be a disservice to this legend to leave him off your list. 
(S10-19) - Jakub Aittokallio (G)

• I'm going to select my SHL GM and legend Jakub Aittokallio, bias aside he's a legend both on and off the ice. He's a 3 time cup winner, boasting the most goaltender wins in league history at over 400. Posting that many wins in 50 game seasons is unthinkable. Dude single handedly carried his teams time and time again. I go with what I know here and it's one of the sites and leagues all time greats.
(S10-19) - Chris Partlow (D) 
  • Best defenceman in SHL history, long lasting career, league MVP, 3 Stevens Trophies, 3 Challenge Cups, playoff MVP. Best defender of all time really not much else to be said. 
(S20-29) - Alonzo Garbanzo (D)
  • Not much needs to be said about Garbanzo, in his 22nd season currently, has won the Scott Stevens Award 5 times, is a 13 time All-Star and and easy first ballot HOF candidate. Bing, bang, boom moving on. If anyone should aspire to a career, it is this one. Remaining competitive over a career like this is no easy feat. 
(S30-39) - Chris York (W)
  • Modern SHL era superstar what else needs to be said? 3 time All-Star, has numerous personal accolades/trophies, he's the guy you want in fantasy with that first pick. Easy decision! 

(S30-39) - Roman Augustus (D/W)
  • A newer one and maybe slightly off the board I'm taking my SMJHL GM, Roman Augustus. This is a bias pick and I'm sure there are more deserving candidates. But I take the defense now forward Roman, terribly underrated among his peers, he's got 2 Challenge Cups to his name and has just taken on the task of switching to forward. While his stat lines may seem mediocre, he's a got a great name, good attitude, he walks the walk and he's a great fantasy pickup with the position change. I love you TDZ <3.

[Image: 9d3oxij.png] [Image: 8xyKeyf.png]
[Image: KillTheArchitect.gif]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2018, 06:56 PM by Bonk.)

Center Taylor McDavid (S8) - Mc David was an absolute monster on the ice. The SHL leader in hit made also made his face off opponents nervous.

Winger-Chris York (S33) - I had to pick up some new blood so why not go the most prolific plyer for the past 4ish seasons.

Winger-Steven Jalopski (S14) - Who else is going to put a Gorlab player on their roster. Jalopski was an enforcer before the enforcer build.

Defenseman- Big Manius (S22) – Ok I am sell out to myself but Manius had some amazing seasons in the SHL and kez even said he was the best defenseman after Garbanzo for a five-season stretch.

Defenseman-Alonzo Garbanzo (S21) – The man is going to be number one the SHL history book for all defenseman stats. OK not all, as plus/minus could be a problem and I do not believe will be retiring with the best points per 20 minutes either.

Goalie- Colin Schmidt-(S19) - Season 26! Do I need to say anything more than that?

Words 160ish

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

PBE PT