Create Account

S43 PT #2 - Generational Talent

My All-Generations Team:

Goalie: Jakub Aittokallio (S10-19)

Arguably the best goalie in SHL history. Jakub spent his entire career with the Edmonton Blizzard. Aittokallio only made the playoffs four times, but he won 402 of his 709 total career games, and once had a season where he only allowed 76 goals.

RD: Erik Chisling (S1-10)

One of the best blueliners in SHL history was Erik Chisling. While he only played from S5-11 for three teams (Calgary, Los Angeles, Manhattan), Chisling scored 51 points in his second SHL season, and also almost delivered 200 hits in a single season (S10).

LD: Barney Stinson (S20-29)

Maybe the best defenseman in SHL history. Stinson played 19 SHL seasons, is third all-time in SHL history in hits and routinely averaged 30 points a season.

W: Esa Anrikkanen (S20-29)

The best forward in SHL history. He's scored the second most points in SHL history, has always been a focal part of a playoff team, and still hangs on in the league despite having been in the league for over 20 seasons.

C: Joe Kuczewski (S30-39)

Joe is an all-time Dragons great. He's been a great servant to Calgary, has scored 66 points in one season, and always brings a good physical presence (he's had over 5 100 hit seasons).

W: Chris York (S30-39)

Another current star in the league. York always is near the top of the scoring race, and he's won it multiple times. York is a pure scoring machine.

260 words

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

NSFL PT

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

C – S10-S19 – Chris McZehrl – McZehrl was one of the few players who were able to retire with an average of more than one point per game with 783 points in 764 games.

W – S1-S9 – Jay McDonald – McDonald had a huge impact in the early years of the league where he won three of the first four Challenge Cup. He also topped the league in goals scored from S2 to S4.

W – S30-S39 – Kristian Eriksson – Eriksson is the all-time point leader in SHL history and we will probably be induced in the SHL Hall of Fame the first time he will be on the ballot.

D – S30-S39 – Alonzo Garbanzo – Garbanzo is the fourth best scorer in the SHL history while being a defenseman which makes his numbers event more impressive.

D – S10-S19 – Darian Scherbluk – Scherbluk is one of the best defensive defenseman the SHL as seen. He ended his career with 1196 shots blocked and a differential of +165. He also won the Scott Stevens award four times.

G – S20-S29 – Jakub Aittokallio – Aittokallio is the SHL goaltender with the most win in the history of the league at 402. He carried his team to three Challenge Cup win.

197 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Today I've decided to make my picks for the All Time SHL All Stars. I consider these players to not only be some of the greatest ever, but would also play extremely well if put together.

Joe McKeil (S8) © - 927 points in a legendary 1248 game SHL career, hard to argue against this amazing player.

Joe Kurczewski (S31) (W) - One of the best wingers to ever play. A winner of a Ron Mexico trophy, Jeff Dar trophy, Anton Razov trophy. The craziest thing is his career is still ongoing!

VLAD McZehrl (S24) (W) - In 653 games, VLAD scored 315 goals, and added 340 assists to an amazing trophy collection.

Brandon Cant (S11) (D) - One of the only SHL players to play over 1000 games, Cant achieved 558 points in his 1060 career games.

Patrick Brumm (S24) (D) - In 601 games, Brumm scored 180 goals and 259 assists.

Jakub Aittokallio (S13) (G) -  The goalie with the most wins in league history. 402 wins, a 0.905 save%, and a GAA of 2.42.

(Word Count: 170)
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2018, 02:52 PM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

G Lauris Prikulis (S20-S29)

Onced upon the time there were the great SHL goalies of the first generations, Kane, McBride and Honcho or, a bit later, Jesster and McBride. When those legendary goalies stepped aside, many thought that an era had ended and that it would take a good while before we would see another goalie who would be able to match the legends of the early years - and then Lauris Prikulis came along. One of the first Latvians in the league, he would take over for the legendary John McBride in Winnipeg and would end up to actually surpass him and all the other superstar goalies that had come before him. Prikulis went on to win two cups for the Jets, the team he spent his entire career with, and set a new league record for career wins over his fourteen season career.

D Brandon Cant (S20-S29)

One of the biggest HOF-snubs to date, Brandon Cant was an incredibly consistent defenseman with a 21-season career and some of the best numbers for his era. Over his fourteen season long prime, he racked up 30+ points eleven times while playing a strong defensive game. Never someone to seek the spotlight, Cant bounced around a few teams which ultimately might have hindered his chances at a spot in the HOF as he was never be able to create a strong team base that would serve as his lobby.

D Willie Weber (S10-S19)

Willie Weber's career overlapped with Brandon Cant's and they both share the questionable honor of always being in the shadow of Chris Partlow and Darian Scherbluk. Still, Willie Weber did get a bit more recognition than Cant and a lot of that can be contributed to the fact that he was one of the deadlies shooters from the bluelines of his time, and maybe ever. Weber racked up 638 points over a twenty season career, putting up double-digits in goals in ten of these seasons and hitting an incredibly 21 goals in maybe his best year, Season 14. On top of that, Weber was a very strong physical player who ended up with over 3000 career hits - a category where he still ranks second all-time.

C Joe McKeil (S10-S19)

For me personally, Joe McKeil is still the best player in SHL history, combining peak performance and longetivity in an era where that wasn't as easy as it is today. He set a record for league scoring that stood for more than a decade and was a superstar player in the league for almost twenty seasons, showcasing incredibly leadership abilities for the Hamilton Steelhawks over that time. It still pains me to think back to the moment that killed his motivation for the league, a nonsensical "cheating" penalty levied against his team by a personal rival that led to him losing all trust into the leagues leadership made him retreat from all jobs and, ultimately, the league altogether. A black mark on this leagues history that very few people will even remember.

RW Nicholas Pedersen (S30-S39)

The most underrated player in the SHL to date, Nicholas Pedersen broke into the leagues all-time scoring top-10 without ever getting the recognition that he deserves. And like so many other players on this list, he was a very loyal team-first kind of guy as well who spent the majority of his career with the same team.

LW Christoph Klose (S1-S9)

And last but not least, the guy who brought me here and who coincidentally had a really good career as well. Looking back it now more than three decades later his numbers might not look that impressive anymore, but the league was very different in its early days with careers being much shorter and regression hitting earlier, and his almost 500 points over 10 seasons were a really strong mark when he retired in S15. Also, he created and shaped the Seattle Riot that we know today, turning a franchise that was the joke of the league back then and had been moved and rebranded every few seasons into a respectable organisation that got to celebrate its 25th anniversary not too long ago.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2018, 11:00 PM by Rich.)

Wow, I really this PT. I am going to include intangibles as one of my criteria for the players I choose, but really, it’s just an excuse to pick players that I like. I’m also going to pick a specific season within the ranges given to represent that player. It won’t be the absolute best players, it will be players that are among the best.

(S29) First, at wing, Slappy McDoodle! When I was building Lundberg, Slappy had one of the builds that I wanted to emulate. He was one of the most physical players of his era. He is 7th all-time with 2368 career hits. McDoodle was a natural center who played a bit of wing near the end of his career, so I will play him at wing. It gives us someone that can step in to take faceoffs when the refs want to be jerks.

(S31) Next, on the other wing, Nathan Russell! In my eyes, Russell was the prototypical power forward. Put up some excellent point totals, and knew when to take the body. He is 17th all time with 2170 career hits. 35th all-time with 607 points, which is pretty damn good for a power forward in the SHL. S30 to S32 Nathan Russell might be the best power forward that has ever played in the SHL. He will do most of the scoring on this forward line.

(S37) At center, Jonathan Lundberg! Yeah, I picked myself. Like I mentioned earlier, Lundberg was modeled after players like Slappy and Russell. 3 of these type of players on the same line? Yes, please. It wouldn’t work in STHS, but let’s just ignore that. Lundberg is a happy medium between these two. Doesn’t score quite as much as Russell, and doesn’t hit quite as much as Slappy. I put him at center because Lundberg is a career 54% faceoff winner, and that’s decent.

(S9) On left defense, Willie Weber! Weber was a best from the jump. 210 hits in his rookie season? What? I will have you on my blue line, please. He’s also one of two players to ever reach 3000 hits, with 3169 in his career, 2nd most all-time. He’s 9th all-time in shots blocked, which is pretty amazing too. Sure, he had a long career, but it’s impressive nonetheless.

(S16) At right defense, Chris Partlow! Ok, I really ran out of steam when I got to this pick. I was having a tough time finding someone that would fit into the S1-19 range. I don’t know many players from back then. Partlow was a beast though, so I feel like I can slot him in without thinking too hard about it. Not quite the hitter that the other skaters are, but he’s 17th all-time in shots blocked, with 1047. He’s also the 5th highest scoring defenseman of all-time, no big deal. Maybe he can help the rest of these knuckleheads score a bit.

(S29) And finally, the goaltender, Jakob Tanner! I know, there are plenty of goalies with better stats than Tanner. He’s not technically the best choice, but I think he’s just fine. 14th all-time in wins, which is pretty good, especially since he didn’t have that long of a career. He’s also got 4 cups to his name, which is very impressive. Very few players saw the game like him, and having him on the ice would be kind of like having a coach out there with you. Most importantly, I really like Tanner, and I wanted him among my 6 choices.

Unfortunatlely, I had to leave out a bunch of players I wanted to choose. I had a list of players I wanted to try to work in such as Big Manious, Maria Maximova, Mia Landvik, Taylor McDavid, Barney Stinson, Alonzo Garbanzo, Vidrik Onoprienko, and I'm sure I could find more names to list, but I need to end this. So, there you go, these 6 players will put a hurting on anyone that lines up on the opposite side of the ice. They’ll finish every check, get back to help out on defense, and block a bunch of shots. They might not score as much as some of the lineups that can be put together, but I think they’d be less desirable to play against than just about another other group of 6.

Edit: I'm writing more.

I want to do an alternate lineup. Mostly because my counting Willie Weber as a S1-9 player is a bit questionable.

(S20-S29x1,S30 -S39x2) Slappy McDoodle, Nathan Russell, and Jonathan Lundberg. Forwards are staying the same. I really like this trio, so no changes here.

(S10-S19)Left D, Willie Weber again, but this time counting him as S10-19. It makes way more sense to count him in this decade. He has a really good S9, but his best seasons were in the teens.

(S20-S29)Right D, Big Manious. Manious is a player I wanted from the beginning, but I decided to go with Tanner in net, which eliminated meant I couldn't take Manious and keep my forwards. He's third all-time in shots blocked and 13th all-time in hits. A very good defensive defenseman, but he's also the 9th highest scoring defenseman of all time. I'm not super interested in the scoring though, he's here to block shots and to hit. His best was definitely in the S30s, but his S20s numbers are solid. Consistently good SB and hit totals, and his highest point total came in S26.

(S1-S9)Goalie, John McBride. McBride was really, really good. He is in a bit of a weird spot because his really high level of play started in S9. He was good before this, but his best was probably S9-S11. I think he was good enough in his early seasons that selecting him as your goalie from the S1-S9 range is just fine. 6 time McBride Trophy winner, including S6, S7, and S9. Also a 4 time Mike Honcho Trophy winner, including S7 and S9. Those kind of accolades make him worthy of being one of, if not the best player in the first decade of the SHL.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2018, 06:06 PM by ViN.)

[Image: p82gicx.png]

[Image: Zg3HlMN.png]

[Image: wFNma86.png]

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2018, 05:07 AM by Acsolap.)

This is a hark back to the days of old time hockey where helmets were optional, facial hair was mandatory and discipline was often dished out by the end of a fist.

Tom Corcoran- G (1-9) He didn't have the longest of careers but despite this he comes in second in total PIMs for all goalies only four behind Jakub Aittokallio having played less than half as many seasons. He tallied an astonishing 32 PIMs in a single season for a goalie. He later went on to have one of the best seasons of all time for goalies posting a record of 38-2-3.

Darian Scherbluk- D (10-19) Scherbluk is a hall of famer and two time Turd Ferguson winner. He fought 18 times in S10 alone and was a constant deterrent to other teams with stick and fist. He recorded 748 points and 1387 PIMs over 1057 games played. His 415 minutes for fighting put him third equal all time.

David Winter- W (10-19) Fighting wingers with any sort of career longevity are hard to come. Winter is just one of those. Another hall of famer and one time challenge cup and Jay Mcdonald winner compiled an impressive 879 points and 1054 points in his twenty year career. Over that time he fought 50 times.

Taylor McDavid- C (20-29) The third hall of famer on our list. He has three challenge cups, 3 Jeff Dar trophies, 2 Sergei Karpotsovs, a Sarmad Khan and a Ron Mexico to his name. As well as this he is the all time leader in both total penalty minutes(1558) and fighting penalties(470). Mcdavid is a tough as they come and hes no slouch with the stick either scoring 870 points across his career.

Danny Foster- D (30-39) A cult hero. The seven time Turd Ferguson winner was well on his way to smashing the record for PIMs before his retirement last season. 

Kristian Eriksson- W (30-39) Like with Winter its hard to find wingers with a bit of grit who also had a successful career. Eriksson is the all time leader in points and probably doesn't belong here however he has shown over his long career that if need be he'll drop the mits. As of S41 he has accumulated 36 fights and 880 PIMs in his 21 season career.

398 words

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

C - Chris McZehrl (S10-S19) - McZehrl won multiple trophies in his time and also has 2 Challenge Cups to his name. Sitting at 12th on SHL's All Time scoring list, McZehrl is the perfect set up man for the other forwards on the line.
W - Joe Kurczewski (S30-S39) - One of the best two way forwards in the league, Joe is an easy pick for my All-Star team. Joe not only puts up points, but also plays an aggressive game.
W - Nicky Pedersen (S20-S29) - Pedersen is another easy pick for me. Ranked 8th on the SHL All Time scoring list and a load of accomplishments, Nicky plays hard every game and
D - Darian Scherbluk (S10-S19) - Darian is one of the best defensemen the league has seen, boasting 748 points is not easy feat. He pairs well with the other choices I have made for my All Star team.
D - Bubba Nuck (S30-S39) - Another great defenseman, Bubba played for 19 season and boast a load of trophies and five Challenge Cups. 
G - Ryan Jester (S1-S9) - Jester is an OG goalie. One that many future goalies credit as there reason to play between the pipes. Multiple awards, hell an award named after him, and a legendary career, it's a no brainier to have him play on my All Star team.

[225]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2018, 08:38 AM by Wasty.)

Graphic Task: Create three Special Edition trading cards (1 F, 1 D and 1 G). Please include their name on the front of the card, their render with the logo of a team they played for and one key stat called out on it. *Note you only have to design the front of the card.

Introducing the Upper Deck 1st Overall Jersey Patch Edition. Serial Numbered to only 20, each card is die-cut to feature the one key stat they all share, they are 1st Overall picks. Here we display the S1, S10, S20 and S30 1st Overall Picks;

[Image: u0EsZkQ.png]
Ryan Jesster - @Jesster

[Image: xEkQC76.png]
Michael Haan - @"Panda"

[Image: U2xHjYQ.png]
Chuck Goody - @Nike

[Image: 1SpDvYk.png]
Jean-Luc Reflieux - @vbottas17

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2018, 08:34 AM by Rabidsponge21.)

LW – Joe McKeil (S8)
The guy was the literal definition of the Auston Powers quote "WHY WON'T YOU DIE!" the guy kept trucking until he was like 200? TPE on a roster and just kept piling on points because of it. Sure his twilight years weren't anything to sing home about, but he still had a hell of a run.

RW – Joe Kurczewski (S31) Dragons @JKortesi81
The final member of the big 3 for TPE in this draft class, Joe has done nothing but win and continues to be a force on the ice. What a stud.

C – Jason Visser (S31) Jets @ToeDragon84
Say what you want about individual achieves etc, but this is the type of player you want on your team. Between his widely liked persona, mixed with being a TPE monster, you would have locked down an all time great. Sure he has some work to do still, but if you think this player won’t crack the 700-800 point mark your crazy.

D1 – Bojo Biscuit (S20)
Maybe not as flashy as most of the entries on peoples list, this defenseman was a long time staple of the Platoons blueline and is one of the best users on the site.

D2 – Barney Stinson (S20)
Completing the S20 D pairing is this long time veteran. Lasting until the wee hours of his career;s night Stinson was a staple on D and would shore up the rock solid D core.

G – Jakub Aittokallio (S10-19)
I mean you have the best goalie of all time currently play net for you right? Or else your sacrificing a crucial position. No Brainer.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

NSFL PT

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

NSFL PT

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

NSFL PT Share

http://nsfl.jcink.net/index.php?showtopi...t&p=147721

[Image: vikian.gif]

Quote:Written Task: In a minimum of 150 words, select (1) Center, (2) Wingers, (2) Defensemen and (1) Goaltender. Tell us why you selected who you did.

S30 - S39 - Eduard Selich - LW

Tomen is an absolute eurobae and his player is an absolute beast. Dudes goes inactive and Selich still out here tearing the league up.

S20 - S29 - Nathan Russell - RW

Was Russell even a rightwing? I dont remember, but fuck it. Russell was the perfect combination of a hard hitting power forward with a heart of gold and the offensive talent anyone would want. A great player who has left their mark on the league and New England.

S20 -S29 - Dean Colt - C

Colt was the faceoff god and will never be forgotten for winning many faceoffs.

S11 - S19 - Chris Partlow - D

Partlow was one of them very early players and was one of them really good D's back in the dizzle.

S30 - S39 - Jasper Clayton - D

What can I say about Clayton which has not already been said about him? He had a few great seasons, won some cups , won some awards and all that shit you know.

S1 - S10 - Ryan Jester - Goalie

Jester is a sample in the league, because the award for best rookie is named after him, also he was a pretty damn good goalie man.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart