Create Account

S43 PT #2 - Generational Talent

Center:
Carter O'Callahan (10-19) : My challenge for myself was to try to fit all former or current Wolfpack members into this so let's see how this goes. Carter was a hard hitting center for a variety of teams but had his best year in season 19 with New England, bringing home the Ron Mexico, Turd Ferguson, Jeff Dar, Sarmad Khan, Sergei Karpotsev, and Jay McDonald Trophies. He averaged nearly a point per game during his time in New England along with more than 3 hits per.

Wingers:
Nathan Russell (20-29) : Nathan was a wolfpack lifer who's success spilled over into the 30's but he's a S20 player so I'm sticking him in this group. He's the all-time hits leader for NEW and until very recently was the all-time points leader as well. He brought a total of 4 challenge cups home for the team and is an inspiration to the new wolf cubs.

Patrikov Bure (30-39) : Despite not technically being a wolfpack lifer Patrikov is something of a living legend among the current NEW roster, having recently obtained that all-time points record that I recently mentioned while being the team's leading scorer as well. Also has an impressive number of hits relative to PIM's and a good guy in the locker room to boot.

Defensemen:
Willie Weber (10-19) : I started running out of room for players I really knew about so here's a guy who spent about 4 seasons in NEW but also saw prior success elsewhere, including back to back Challenge Cup titles in S15 and S16 along with the Scott Stevens Trophy in S15. Willie had impressive longevity, receiving awards nominations starting in S9 and ending in S22.

Aidan Richan (1-9) : No clue who this is sorry but I needed somebody for the early years spot and this was the best fit (no NEW time either, did we even exist then?). A solid 391 points in 576 game for a defensive player, and winner of back to back Challenge Cups in S8 and 9.

Goalie:
Mikke Laukkanen (30-39) : Mikke has been a mainstay of the wolfpack for some time now, starting with a Ryan Jesster Trophy in S31 and contributing to 3 of the team's Challenge Cup wins. By far the winningest goaltender in team history, with 292 being nearly double the next best finisher.

Shout-out to @Raven for the handy Wolfpack all-time stats list

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2018, 06:53 AM by Alex Mack.)

S1-S10: Ryan Jesster - Jesster was the 1st overall pick in the 1st SHL draft in history. He was the first great SHL goalie in history. Over 250 wins, 2 cups and is in the SHL Hall of fame and the Calgary Hall of fame. One of the best ever.

S10-S19 - Esa Anrikkanen - The Parm King is on my list for many reasons. He is one of top players ever, most goals in SHL history, top 2 in points, over 960. He's won an incredible 5 cups (thanks to me) and is probably the most well respected player in history. Esa knows how to win and has had a truly amazing career.

S20-S29 - Nicholas Pedersen - Another teammate of mine, Nicholas Pedersen is top 10 in all-time scoring, he won 5 cups with the Dragons and was quietly one of the best players in history. He's not well known outside Calgary, but I can tell you he is the best teammate you could ever ask for.

S30-S39 - Joe Kurczewski - Joe is league MVP and a playoff MVP among other awards he's scored over 400 points so far in his career and is still going. He led the Dragons to 3 cup finals in 38,40,42, winning 2 of them. He's also a great teammate and leader in our room and the Dragons current captain.

S20-29 - Michael Boychuk - I remember they called this guy big game boychuk because he always did well in pressure situations. He's the best defenseman in dragons history and was a good buddy of mine for a long time in Calgary.

S10-19 - Kriss Labsvards - This was a Latvian guy when I first joined Calgary. I didn't know what the hell he was talking about but he had a great player and was our captain when I led us to the cup in S27.

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

NSFL PT

Center:

Ron Mexico (S1) - This one speaks for itself: an original member of the league from S1 and namesake of the Ron Mexico Trophy, he was one of the few to achieve a career with over a point per game. He was an offensive legend whose legacy stands to this day.

Wingers:

Vlad McZehrl (S24) - Far and away the most prolific winger in SHL history in terms of legacy score, McZehrl's list of accomplishments is almost as long as the number of teams he played for. A constant threat both on the ice and on awards night.

Chris York (S33) - A Toronto superstar and fantasy darling, York has been the model of consistency in the last few seasons and remains a strong contender to fill out his trophy case each season.

Defensemen:

Chris Partlow (S10) - The 600 point mark is tough to hit for a forward, never mind a defenseman. Partlow was prolific on awards night and led his teams to a total of 3 Challenge Cups.

Alonzo Garbanzo (S21) - Over the course of a decade, Garbanzo basically owned the Scott Stevens (5 time winner) and would maybe loan it to you for a year at most. In addition, he was nominated for the Stevens another 5 times.

Goaltender:

John McBride (S5): Another legend and namesake of a major award, he won the aptly named John McBride six times in seven years at his peak - a feat that is unlikely to be repeated.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

CENTER: Sergei Karpotsov (S1) - This is a strange one for most, I know. JayTee, however, is a great friend of mine who will always be the best Jay in site history. When it comes to Karpotsov, he only played for 4 seasons, won the Cup in 3 of them and outright dominated to the point the scoring leader trophy was named after him. He is the prime example of quality versus quantity in terms of career length, and somebody from a bygone era who was incredibly impactful to the trajectory of the SHL from day one. (I was very, very tempted to go Reggie Williams here.)

LEFT WING: Kyle Keenan (S11) - For many, he may not make the list. For me, he's somebody that I considered a dear friend and a close confidant for Jakub. He served every penalty Jakub Aittokallio ever took, usually while extremely frustrated and confused as to why he was serving those penalties. A Cubs fan, a friend, and a spectacular player. He deferred at every turn, but ultimately was given the spotlight in S18 with a Karpotsov Trophy, as well as stealing my Razov in S16. He was an All-Star in every way.

RIGHT WING: Luke Atmey (S32) - This is a bias pick that I'm forcing in here as well. To be fair, all of them are. Velevra was somebody who I spent a long time low-key tampering with when he was Shawn Velevra. It never worked, but we budded into a great friendship and were able to talk for long periods about his strange career. As Luke Atmey, he played under me for about a season and a half, including having his best career season in my first full season as general manager. We got along fantastically and I was extremely sad to have to send him off. He is a near point per game player who is a guaranteed future Hall of Famer.

DEFENSE: Jackson Rogers-Tanaka (S21) - I was tempted to go with Tez in this spot, Cole Reinhart was a true legend. However, this man did something spectacular. The only other player in SHL history to have more All-Star appearances than him is Chris Partlow, the best defenseman I think ever. He was a perrennial superstar, and despite playing a shorter career, he made the most of it in every way as a stellar scorer and playing two way perfectly with near even hit and shot block numbers. He and I had our differences at times, but he is a person I truly loved having around and believe is extremely deserving of high praise.

DEFENSE: Jason Due (S5) - As was noted once before by McZ, Due was something astounding. To think that he is only on one other list and it being McZ's is remarkable to me. He was effectively the Bobby Orr of the SHL. He is the only defenseman to ever lead the league in points, just think about that for a moment. His S14 as truly special, the first defenseman to win the Ron Mexico Trophy, he was a trailblazer who loved spider-man and dragged Las Vegas to as much reverence as he could.

GOALTENDER: Lauris Prikulis (S13) - My greatest rival. Wally, I know you like to think about the draft position in S31. Honestly, you will never be to me what Prikulis was. It will be a never-ending debate between he and I, picked one spot apart from each other. His legacy score, my records. The argument of the skill of our teams. Through it all, I truly respected the hell of out him and was extremely proud to have been a part of the greatest goaltender rivalry known to the SHL. I don't believe anything will ever top it. I miss him at times due to this. He was absolutely the second best goaltender ever. Next to me, of course.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

NSFL PT

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

NSFL Welfare

C - Ron Mexico (S1) - The man that the current MVP trophy is named after, Ron Mexico would be a perfect choice to center an all-time team. Winner of the MVP 4 times, Mexico posted over a point/game in over 500 games played in the SHL. The trophy case is topped off with 2 challenge cups.

W1 - Vlad McZehrl (S24) - The team is going to need a little character and McZehrl adds a ton of that. Another player who managed to finish above a point/game in their career. McZehrl managed the feat while playing over 650 games in his SHL career. While McZehrl only managed one MVP trophy, he was nominated 4 times and was a winner of 3 challenge cups.

W2 - Chris York (S33) - Chris York is the youngest player on the team, and arguably the best current player in the SHL. Almost a lock to be picked first overall in Fantasy, York can do it all. York has brought home just one challenge cup, but time will tell how many he is able to bring home when it's all said and done.

D1 - Chris Parlow (S10) - Partlow was a high-quality offensive defenseman who won the leagues best defenseman award 3 times as well as 3 challenge cups. To top it all off Parlow was also the winner of the MVP in Season 16.

D2 - Alonzo Garbanzo (S21) - Garbanzo is arguably the best defenseman of all-time. 9-time first all-star team member, 5-time best defenseman, an MVP winner and a challenge cup on top of it all.

G - John McBride (S5) - There are goaltenders who had longer careers, but the best career might belong to John Mcbride. A career .915 save percentage over is unbelievable. His short career was highlighted by 6 best goaltender awards and a challenge cup.

(307 words)

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 03:06 PM by Benevolent Thomas.)

C - Robert Spezza (S1-S9)
I believe it to be a no-brainer to take a player that has averaged more than one point per game that they have played. Better than just being an above point per game player, the majority of their five hundred and eight points are attributed to assists. If you are going to have an all-star team with all-star snipers for wingers, you're going to need a player to help set them up for the best scoring chances. 

W - Chris York (S30-S39)
Other than being my first overall pick this year in fantasy, Chris York has already racked up an impressive six trophies, three First Team All-Star appearances, a Third Team All-Star Appearance and made the All-Rookie team all while having been around for only ten seasons thus far. I almost forgot to mention that they have also won the Challenge Cup. All of this while only having played for one team in the SHL!

W - Adam Kylrad (S10-S19)
What impresses me most about Kylrad's career is the sheer length of it. Kylrad has skated in over one thousand games having collected two trophies, two all-star appearances and the Challenge Cup along the way. 

D - Bojo Biscuit (S20-S29)
Bojo was Thomas Speardane's inspiration in the player's youth. The greatest defenseman in the history of West Kendall and one of the best in the SHL's history, Bojo Biscuit reveled in Turd Furguson and Damian Littleton trophies whist sporting the most amazing head of red pooffy hair.

D - Alonzo Garbanzo (S20-S29)
This nine-time First All-Star Team appearing, Scott Stevens Trophy receiving, and Challenge Cup winning monster is still at it, on the same team that drafted him back in S21. This titan of Minnesota is the model for two-way defensemen like Thomas Speardane.

G - Fernando Garcia (S1-S9)
If you're going to pick a goalie for an all-star team, why not pick the goalie with the greatest save percentage in the history of the SHL? The winner of two Challenge Cups has a massive trophy collection that includes two John McBrides, one Damian Littleton, four Mike Hancho-s and one Anton Razov. Even in today's league, I believe that Garcia would more than hold his own and emerge as an elite goaltender.

[Image: WxYT5Om.jpg]

NSFL PT

09-13-2018, 05:12 PMNUCK Wrote: If I didnt have a Canadian flag as a tattoo, I would have gotten shit kicked by 5 people in Switzerland. They accused me of being an American and were about to pound me good until I showed them my tatty. As soon as they seen it, they apologized and walked away.

True story

NSFL PT

Panthers  Militia   Militia   Panthers

[Image: NbQBA2Z.png][Image: ZwlMsbi.png][Image: Yn6nDbU.png]

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

C: Ron Mexico (s1-s9) - It seems like a bit of cop out selecting the guy the MVP trophy is named after, but my knowledge of the early SHL days is extremely brief so I'll go with what I know. Perhaps the most decorated player in the history of the SHL, he's a lock in this lineup.

W: Elias Armia (s10-s19) - Can't say I had the privilege of playing while this guy was around, but the two time Mexico winner and Blizzard alum can play on my team any day.

W: Theo Kane (s20-s29) - For most of the s20's and a bit in to the s30's this man was the face of the Edmonton Blizzard offense and for good reason, he was a game changer. His performance in s29 was legendary.

D: Alonzo Garbanzo (s30-s39) - You could slot this guy in to a few generations but I feel the s30's is what truly sets him apart from the rest as it proved just how consistently lethal he was. A nominee for the Stevens 6 times in that decade, 3 of which saw him take home the award. An easy decision.

D: Wyatt Wollker (s30-s39) - absolutely deadly for the point, he quarterbacked a thin Manhattan team to three challenge cup finals, two of which were successful trips. The stevens in s35 doesn't hurt either.

G: Jakob Tanner (s20-s29) - The easy choice here is Blizzard legend and winningest SHL goaltender Jakub Aittokallio, but I'm gunna switch it up and take Tanner instead. He won 4 challenge cups, all within the s20 to s29 decade.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

[Image: Y2Rbdyt.jpg]

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page