Create Account

SMJHL PT 3: Player Progression

So you're back again for more TPE, eh? What are you going to do with all those points once you've earned them?

Written option: Give us your projected build at 350 TPE. In at least 150 words, explain your reasoning however you want. (Hint: look at the sim and see what the players at the top of the leaderboards are doing and/or ask your GM for tips.)

Graphic option: Make a hockey card with the attributes you're aiming to have at 350 TPE. Must include a render.

(ty to Muerto for this PT concept)

Reward
4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the options, not both.)

Only S43 SMJHL Rookies (S44 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Do NOT claim TPE for this task until a post has been made in the claim thread.

Deadline Saturday 9/22 @ 7am CST

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

CK = Checking: 40
FG = Fighting: 25
DI = Discipline: 62
SK = Skating:70
ST = Strength: 63
EN = Endurance: 70
DU = Durability: 50
PH = Puck Handling: 70
FO = Face Offs: 40
PA = Passing: 71
SC = Scoring: 80
DF = Defense: 80
PS = Penalty Shot: 40

This is the build I just finished with for Daddy Mack and he had a very succesful career. I won three straight cups on the Kelowna Knights but I was near the top of league scoring as well for the last 3 seasons. I won the goal scoring award once as well as the most points in the playoffs this recent season and playoff MVP.

I think having 80 Defense was different from most Snipers in juniors and I might have scored a few more points if I lowered that down a bit. That being said I think it really helped us win the three cups and my GM used my player for lots of minutes. In this most recent season I was playing First Line RW, 4th Line LW and playing Defense on the Powerplay. As well as killing tons of minutes on the PK.

As I had a lot of success so I don't see myself changing too much it will depend on what the team asks of me. I might try Defense as 75 and boost something else up a bit but we will see.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

Checking: 70
Fighting: 25
Discipline: 62
Skating: 75
Strength: 70
Endurance: 65
Puck Handling: 70
Faceoffs: 50
Passing: 45
Scoring: 75
Defense: 75

The key to my build for Rainbow Dash is really the trio of Checking/Scoring/Skating. My actual build puts defense above checking (as do my strengths) because in the SMJHL (or really in the league in general) the moment you go from 40 checking to 41 checking you've already made a relatively big difference compared to the rest of the field. I may even leave my checking at 60 and use those points to spread between other stats, but this is how I'm leaning. Because I'm looking to be high possession, I'm holding puck handling, skating, and strength all in high regard in this build. Alongside that, a scoring and defense of 75 should mean that my positioning on the ice is strong and the shots I'm getting off are more likely to go in. I've put faceoffs from 40 to 50 just because chances are I'll be taking draws every now and then (just because his name is Mr. Faceoffs doesn't mean he never gets tossed Wink ) so I want to make sure I'm not a liability in that regard. Finally, I've put my endurance to 65 because. . .well honestly that's what TDZ told me to do. And I trust his expertise on that one because it's been a while since I had to GM in the SMJHL and I don't remember what good endurance is.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2018, 10:26 PM by Mac.)

SK = Skating: 75
ST = Strength: 75
EN = Endurance: 40
FO = Face Offs: 75
PA = Passing: 65
SC = Scoring: 75
DF = Defense: 70

Pretty simple, I want my player to be a mix of Ryan Getzlaf and Jeff Carter, with the ability to shoot and score, instead of dish out the passes, he will hopefully take the shot from his wingers.

With low checking, while he does have a strong body, playing too rough will result in penalties, best to shy away from that til now.

Hoping to have strong skating to keep up with the best players, as well as the strength to knock them off the puck and win faceoffs.

WIthout getting heavy minutes, low endurance is fine, that can be worked on if needed.

A strong control of the puck, is the focus with a decent pass, but better shot, all the while having strong defensive tendencies, but being a primarily offensive player.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

[Image: 1ce8f9ae546ef54ae20950c9244a08f3.png]

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

[Image: 9Ve3mBX.png]
[Image: k4wjxr6.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Points Available:
SK = Skating: 80
ST = Strength: 60
EN = Endurance: 70
PA = Passing: 41
SC = Scoring: 85

At 350 TPE, I want Mikael Choybuk to be a major threat on the ice, if not only the SMJHL, but also the SHL in his own way. Choybuk I want to be known to have a knack for scoring goals, and so that will need to be at 85 as soon as possible to get to that mark. I think at 85 scoring in the SMJHL at the very least, he will be very dangerous. Not only that, but my endurance will be up to 70 to be able to be played in all situations and not get tired. His puck handling will be up to 70 as well, where it is currently at 60. Puck handling is super important to be able to keep the puck. Defense is lower as well at the moment at 60, so raising it up to 70 will be best to be able to keep from turning it over and playing well in my own zone. The major thing that I will be doing by 350 TPE is scoring though, as you can see. In the long run it'll be up to 99, but 85 by 350 TPE seems like a legit build to me in order to be dangerous as a mofo. Be scared, SMJHL. Hell, if he goes up to the SHL, he will be able to keep up with the big boys with his wrister.

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

SK = Skating: 75
ST = Strength: 70
EN = Endurance: 62
DU = Durability: 50 (do not add TPE here, injuries are turned off)
PA = Passing: 70
SC = Scoring: 84
PS = Penalty Shot: 48

Originally, I wanted to just throw everything into Scoring and did not care about defense at all. Talking to my GM, I learned that to be a scoring threat, I would need to boost my defense to about 70 in this simulator, as it would help with positioning. I want Ola Wagstrom to be speedy, but not to lose control of the puck because of this speed, so having solid puck handling ratings will also be important. While he's not a physical player in the least, I don't want him by any means to be weak, so keeping his strength up will be important. Talking to my GM, you want to keep passing within sight of scoring, so the margin won't be very substantial between the two. I definitely view Wagstrom as the speed demon sniper type, so the focus and the edge goes to putting pucks in the net. I think adding a little bit to penalty shot will help Wagstrom to have an advantage in a shootout, because it is a category that is often completely ignored in juniors. Lastly, I don't and won't hit, so nothing added to checking; no sense wasting time in the box! (Nothing to faceoffs either; right wings don't spend much time in the faceoff circle [see Nikita Kucherov])

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

CK = Checking: 70
SK = Skating: 74
EN = Endurance: 65
PH = Puck Handling: 73
PA = Passing: 76
SC = Scoring: 44

At 350, I want Poopity Scoop to be dangerous, a player who can help beat opponents in different ways. With this build, he can skate, hit, and pass his way out of any situation. He will be a very dangerous defenseman and all the forward scrubs in the SMJHL will be afraid to go up against him. His big body will bop them off the puck and out of the arena while his godly legs will allow him to skate like figure skating extraordinaire Jeff Skinner. No team will be able to gameplan around Poopity Scoop and especially if he continues to be paired with chip off the ol' block Chuck Crutchfield, this is a tandem that will just wreck the juniors and guarantee Four Star Cups for days in Detroit. With Poopity Scoop's slick passing abilities and Chuck Crutchfield's heavy shot while both play the rockiest solidiest defense in the league, it will be game over when you go up against this Detroit dominant destructive delectable divine defensive duo.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

SK = Skating:70
PH = Puck Handling: 75
PA = Passing: 70
SC = Scoring: 80

My build is basically the ideal SMJHL build. Defense is a huge factor in the SMJHL so having it at 80 is a must. After 80 on any attribute I feel that it is a waste of TPE as you only have 350 pts to play with. So as a OFD, Scoring and Defence will be at 80 as my main attributes. After that I prioritize Puck Handling and Passing and Skating as 75, 70, and 70. Puck Handling at 75 makes me lose the puck more, and you get assists from having high scoring so passing is not as important. Skating is important but not to the level that it is imperative to have it higher than 70. Strength at 60 is about average for the SMJHL and Endurance at 65 is about all you need to play top line minutes. I just want to score goals while having a defensive presence on the back end.

SK = Skating: 73
ST = Strength: 65
DU = Durability: 50 (do not add TPE here, injuries are turned off) 
PH = Puck Handling: 71
PA = Passing: 74
SC = Scoring: 81
PS = Penalty Shot: 50

Much like my fellow RW Falcon @StamkosFan I originally didn't think I was going to put much into defense at all considering my archetype as an offensive forward. But after talks with the boys in the LR and the coaches and our GMs, I've changed my mind and will aim to bring it up to 70. I want to be a scoring threat, but not to the detriment of my playmaking or general offensive ability. Hence a slightly higher passing rating than more guys talking about being a sniper, but keeping a nice buffer between the two stats to avoid "indecision." In general, looking to build a complete offensive forward who can be leveraged in any game situation.

[Image: Falcons-Banner.png]

Checking: 50
Skating: 72
Strength: 60
Endurance: 70
Faceoffs: 42
Passing: 75
Scoring: 70
Defense: 80

My goal here is to create a solid, well rounded defender, strong in five on five situations. More so, the ability to spearhead the power play unit, with high passing and puck handling, as well as being just as strong in the third period and overtime as I am in the first. Also, with high defensive capabilities, I should be able to deny my opponents several shots per game in the form of blocked shots, and creating strong, breakout movements. In addition, that strong defensive core should also make my ability to play on the penalty kill unit as well. Being a rookie, I need to make sure I make a name for myself in the league as best I can, and simple things like those will hopefully propel me into a strong second season next year, possibly moving to a first or second line defender, and be able to shut down opponents, allowing our team to break through difficult match-ups with relative ease.

Being my third player, there was a lot of thought put into his build before he was even created. During the last season, both his starting build and his final build were put together by mid season. As seen below his 350 TPE build will look like this:

Checking: 50
Skating: 65
Strength: 50
Puck Handling: 60
Faceoffs: 65
Passing: 75
Scoring 65

The rest of the skills will be at their base that were not mentioned. So there were two key considerations in this build. Getting his passing to 75 would be very important in juniors because that way in the SHL it would only be another 10 points to 85 total passing. That way even if I can un bank upon reaching the SHL I can have 80 passing and 90 scoring which is a good base for a player for a while. Especially starting at a lower line. Also in juniors, starting with a high defense will allow Aizawa to be a beast early and often

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Checking: 70
Skating: 65
Strength: 75
Endurance: 60
Face Offs: 40
Passing: 50
Scoring: 80

With Jacobs I wanna create someone who's able to really be a force on the fore check. In the Whalers locker room I was told Defense plays a lot into positioning Offensively and Defensively. So I want Defense to be one of my strongest attributes alongside Scoring. Generally with my Passing weakness I'd like to think Jacobs will play more of a Ryan Smyth role on offense as someone who will annoy the living shit out of a goaltender in front of the crease. So instead of putting my focus on Skating I went more toward Puck Handling, Defense, and Scoring. As well as a bit more Strength, so I can stay in front of the net. The Puck Handling, Scoring and Defense I think will help me the most with getting those greesy tip goals. But like Ryan Smyth. I will also be able to put down some good shots away from the front of the net.