Create Account

HO elections
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2018, 05:06 PM by Lunaro.)

Why do we even need a HO? The good old days with a good commissioner and a support crew for that commissioner to make good decisions and if that individual fucks up everyone knows who to voice their opinions to were great. Don't need this fake democracy bullshit especially when the members of the HO are not required to have any expertise in running a site/organization/community

09-16-2018, 03:16 PMFlappyGiraffe Wrote: It may just become a big popularity contest if it was just votes. Maybe an anonymous vote based solely off applications could work.

Anyone can say something nice, though.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

tbh how about a hybrid system? Apps for Eggy/current HO to look at and they pick the best 4 candidates or wtv. Then a league wide poll happens to select the 2 HO members.

09-16-2018, 05:06 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Elections did not make this league a better place, I was in favor of the election system back when it was implemented but it simply didn't work very well. Bad candidates still got in, way more than through applications I'd argue, HO still got shit on constantly and wasn't any more "legitimate" in the eyes of the members, there were good decisions and bad decisions just like there are now and ultimately the members, the very people who got to vote, started to hate the system and pushed for the HO to abolish it. It wasn't some tyrannical HO who got rid of elections, it was an overwhelming majority of vocal members who wanted it and after some resistance, the HO finally complied. Accountability and transparency are important, but HO elections didn't really help us achieve those goals.

I'm guessing this happened behind closed doors, Cause i never saw any public comments about it being a bad thing. I'm fine with how it is now except from the part of having 3 people from the same team being on HO. i disagree that it wasnt any more legitimate than it is now, but we can agree to disagree ä.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

09-16-2018, 04:04 PMCampinKiller Wrote: Except people actually have to accept their nominations, and while people like to troll, nobody is going to be idiotic enough to throw someone like AP in. You know what banning words does? It takes the site down a slippery slope, of where the HO can just throw words on a list and say “you can’t use these or you’re banned.” It also makes the site look like a shithole

Slippery slope fallacy: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

09-16-2018, 06:18 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
09-16-2018, 04:04 PMCampinKiller Wrote: Except people actually have to accept their nominations, and while people like to troll, nobody is going to be idiotic enough to throw someone like AP in. You know what banning words does? It takes the site down a slippery slope, of where the HO can just throw words on a list and say “you can’t use these or you’re banned.” It also makes the site look like a shithole

Uh there's 3 dudes on a team and no co commish making this rule that's pretty powerful, and quite dividing. 

What's stopping a future HO from adding an excessive amount of words you don't agree with? Nothing! They could genuinely be controlled by a small group of people on the same team given the way the current groups running. You don't know who will be in HO in a few years. 

This is not a responsible tool for HO to implement for futute users to run with.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2018, 06:33 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

09-16-2018, 06:27 PMToeDragon84 Wrote:

Uh there's 3 dudes on a team and no co commish making this rule that's pretty powerful, and quite dividing. 

What's stopping a future HO from adding an excessive amount of words you don't agree with? Nothing! They could genuinely be controlled by a small group of people on the same team given the way the current groups running. You don't know who will be in HO in a few years. 

This is not a responsible tool for HO to implement for futute users to run with.

Telling people not to use racial or sexual slurs is dividing? What a world we live in today...

[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]

09-16-2018, 06:33 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:

Telling people not to use racial or sexual slurs is dividing? What a world we live in today...

This is not the issue my god.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

thats not what he's saying, he's saying that the framework is there now for HO to ban any word they want in the future.

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

09-16-2018, 06:35 PMFlappyGiraffe Wrote: thats not what he's saying, he's saying that the framework is there now for HO to ban any word they want in the future.

Just like we banned "p***offs" in Seattle.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

09-16-2018, 03:12 PMiamslm22 Wrote: This is super dumb. No one wants to become HO, in any league. Its more grief than its worth. At least in PBE and NSFL its a paid position, but here? Who the fuck would run. And this community is insanely idiotic. I wouldn't trust this community to vote for what I'm gonna eat for lunch, nonetheless vote for who's gonna run it. Do I think this HO is perfect? No, of course not. But they're better than whoever a bunch of idiots would vote in.

False.

For the past four years irl I have been working to get into both the IIHF and SMJHL HO.

Granted, while not the SHL main head office, they are two of three wheels that the site has league-wise.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

[Image: i-can-figure-this-out-i-just-need-to-get...is-all.jpg]

@ToeDragon84

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

09-16-2018, 06:35 PMFlappyGiraffe Wrote:

thats not what he's saying, he's saying that the framework is there now for HO to ban any word they want in the future.

Right, but that's the slippery slope fallacy all over again.

09-16-2018, 09:19 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Right, but that's the slippery slope fallacy all over again.

Right, but if we let you start posting logical fallacy's as replys, you may eventually only post logical fallacy's as replies.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2018, 09:51 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

09-16-2018, 09:42 PMKing Wrote:
09-16-2018, 09:19 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Right, but that's the slippery slope fallacy all over again.

Right, but if we let you start posting logical fallacy's as replys, you may eventually only post logical fallacy's as replies.

Are you saying we should allow people to use flawed logic to support their arguments? If someone presents decent logic I'll listen, but right now all I see is a group of people stopping racism and sexism with the power they've been given and a small select group of people resenting it with their arguments being one logical fallacy after another.