Create Account

HO elections

I don't agree on voting for HO members, it didn't work before, let's not go back to that.

I do think we need to pay HO. I already know Eggy disagrees with me on this, but here is my reasoning:

1. People have a limited amount of time to spend on this site, when I joined HO I had to shed other responsibilities on the site to not get overloaded with SHL stuff. I assume other members experience something similar in that they are not able to continue doing jobs on the site or the same level of media as before when they take a HO position.

2. Paying HO encourages people to apply. The more applications, the more likely you are to get good quality candidates applying every time. I'd hate to run into a situation where an HO member is hired because they are the best of the options available, but really they aren't a good HO member. (I believe we have seen this already, but I'm not going to name names or anything)

3. HO is arguably one of the most stressful positions on the site, you get messaged by random people giving you shit for decisions that were made by HO, you make enemies out of friends for decisions that aren't even yours, you have to be involved in discussions on a daily basis and write rules that are incredibly clear as to not get picked apart. There is a lot of thinking involved and a lot of work. As I've said many times before, pay people who put effort into the site.

I understand that people want HO to be comprised of people who want to improve the site and they feel that paying them means we will get applicants that don't care as much about the site in general, but I'd argue that those things are not mutually exclusive. You can care deeply about the site, but also want to be able to afford training without writing a ton of media on top of all your HO work.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]