Create Account

Site Wide Virus Alert

09-16-2018, 05:56 PMToeDragon84 Wrote:
09-16-2018, 05:54 PMDude Wrote: This is the wonderdome. I don't want to debate, I want to hug. Get out if you're gonna do anything but.

Idk where I am

Ily for that

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]
[Image: duderino.gif]

Clint Eastwood, Jun 10 2018,  09:36 AM Wrote:Can't buy love, but love can buy a lot.

09-16-2018, 05:19 PMBaelor Swift Wrote: This stemmed from one member homophobically insulting another member. I'll say it again... If you really can't avoid using the words outlined by HO in a negative context then you should just leave the SHL because it's better off without you.

I'm not sure it was your intention, Izzy, but saying that these things shouldn't be discussed because they're too abrasive is enabling and silently condoning blatant homophobia, racism, and abelism. I know people will spout the snowflake bullshit because they're incapable of showing empathy to those who are different from them but these discussions/shitstorms are necessary for moving this site forward.

I'd argue a lot of this goes much further back than this week, with completely unrelated topics. The reaction to the PT affiliation program, seeing certain rules enforced to the death while other violations have been swept under the rug - if not ignored outright by the HOs of their respective leagues or excused with bullshit explanations - and the fact that we had a very similar thread with a very similar reaction about a very similar topic and a very similar response from the community back in June. (LINK)

At this point, I'm pretty much done with the site. I'm tired of arguing, so you can pretty much respond how you want and I won't care. But I'm not done with it because of this week alone. This is just the icing on the cake for me, personally, because the environment Izzy is talking about has been prevalent for a while now, and I would rather actually enjoy my free time on the internet.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

09-16-2018, 05:29 PMDude Wrote: [Image: f66bfed-1.jpg]

oh

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

09-16-2018, 05:44 PMMarley Wrote: vhlforum.com

I'd rather join http://www.furryhockeyleague.com/ tbh

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

09-16-2018, 06:30 PMSmegKingma Wrote:
09-16-2018, 05:44 PMMarley Wrote: vhlforum.com

I'd rather join http://www.furryhockeyleague.com/ tbh

Not gonna lie.. I'm looking at it right now... haha

Banning words doesn't solve anything? It's a fucking band-aid. You think someone that's actually homophobic or racist would change their mind because you're gonna ban them for saying certain words? Let people spew whatever hatred they want and you'll be able to see how they think and then you can avoid interacting with said people. Or if you feel like it you can try and engage them in finding out why they feel like they need to express themselves in such a way and get to the root of the issue and not just ban then for a few days and rile them up. It's an internet community, you're going to run into people that you don't like and don't think the way you do. Deal with it.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4974019]
me watching yall talk about furry hockey league (stopped playing years ago but my character is still active on there)

Falcons Falcons Power forward from Luleå, Sweden  Falcons Falcons
[Image: mordaciious.gif]
The Gay

09-16-2018, 06:51 PMLunaro Wrote: Banning words doesn't solve anything? It's a fucking band-aid. You think someone that's actually homophobic or racist would change their mind because you're gonna ban them for saying certain words? Let people spew whatever hatred they want and you'll be able to see how they think and then you can avoid interacting with said people. Or if you feel like it you can try and engage them in finding out why they feel like they need to express themselves in such a way and get to the root of the issue and not just ban then for a few days and rile them up. It's an internet community, you're going to run into people that you don't like and don't think the way you do. Deal with it.

Bowdown

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2018, 07:20 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Im definitley not asking Lord Flacco, Jay Visser and Theo Kane to silence yourselves... you guys are gold nuggets in this communtiy! please do your thing by all means.... But as Zach pointed out this hasnt been about 1 post on 1 issue.. its been a concurrent wave of aggressive topics of late, each bringing a stronger fight to the table which has lasted long enough to effect the sites content and overall feel.. If someone joined this site a week ago theres no way theyd want to be apart of our community.. and if they did wed be bringing in elemant of member that wouldnt be benificial to the site. Im trying to shed warning to all of our community members to take a look up, do a diagnostic on the health of the community and make sure that were not burning down what were trying to protect..

@Lunaro, @Baelor Swift, @ToeDragon84, @ztevans

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

can we just stop talking about or bringing it up every single time? I know @Mike Izzy has good intentions but like making a thread about the past week is just going to make it worst.

Then that's on the community to voice out that the bad eggs are just a vocal minority and to call them out for it in public not silence them. If there's not enough people that care to voice out that being racist/homophobic is wrong and is only the viewpoint of a certain minority of the population here then maybe that's just what most people here believe and then there's a difference issue to address.

[Image: 35513_s.gif]
Sigs by Kit, Maxy, Mook, LazyEye, Wasty, Ragnar, Bushito, Frank, 701, Pandar

Player Page | Update Thread
[Image: 263vaqs.png][Image: 8x07c6.png][Image: 2ut59pt.png][Image: s6rdXyK.png]

Agreed, there's been so much immature content from all sides it's disgusting

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Thanks Iz,
as somebody that has been in the public eye and central to a few issues regarding HO and members, it's been tough being here. I feel as if the actions of HO have been for the betterment of the league, and it has angered a lot of members but most notably the ones who value freedom of speech over the right to feel safe. The ones who are known for spewing negativity, are loud, and it's unfortunate because they are all we hear.

I think at the end of the day, the removal of hate speech, a definite line in the sand being drawn, and significant consequences for language that should have been removed from the colloquial vernacular is a long time coming. It comes at a very heated time, and I think there is fear that it infringes on people's rights and gives HO a lot of power, but it doesn't come from nowhere and I believe they think enough is enough, something I agree with but am not bold enough to be as definitive as they are.

We may be a "soft" league in comparison to other internet hobbiest factions, but I think it's because we hold ourselves to a higher standard. I truly believe this is the dark before the dawn.
I think we all need to take deep breaths and find ways of raising each other up.

I have seen more positivity in my LR's because of this. I have hope it will reflect on the boards very soon because shit is depressing but hope filled at the same time

y'all need to stop fighting this is the wonderdome

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e