Create Account

Make the TD its own sub forum.

Anyone else think its kind of funny that people watch a sport that lets you drop the gloves and fight each other when you are mad without getting ejected, then log onto a sim league and want the thunderdome removed?

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

09-18-2018, 02:19 PMThatDamnWalrus Wrote: Anyone else think its kind of funny that people watch a sport that lets you drop the gloves and fight each other when you are mad without getting ejected, then log onto a sim league and want the thunderdome removed?

Anyone else think its kind of funny that you are a walrus on da interwebs?

Hmm

09-18-2018, 02:00 PMartermis Wrote: Honestly, it shouldn't even exist but aw well

[Image: 2i7vrc.jpg]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

09-18-2018, 02:19 PMThatDamnWalrus Wrote: Anyone else think its kind of funny that people watch a sport that lets you drop the gloves and fight each other when you are mad without getting ejected, then log onto a sim league and want the thunderdome removed?

I'm also against fighting in hockey so :zoomeyes:

09-18-2018, 03:18 PMTML99 Wrote:
09-18-2018, 02:00 PMartermis Wrote: Honestly, it shouldn't even exist but aw well

[Image: 2i7vrc.jpg]

truth, hence my aw well.

it's worked so far ... ish

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

This is probably going to be my last post on the topic before I honestly just vanish into the ether and nobody outside of Winnipeg or other sim leagues knows I'm alive, because I'm wasting my time and, worse, I KNOW I'm wasting my time, but have to get one last shout into the darkness before I go.

I don't think most people want the thunderdome removed. I think a lot of people, however, are tired of seeing the thunderdome mentality permeate every discussion on the site.

Seriously, think for a few minutes about how "The SHL"© has handled recent issues.

- A proposal to allow more users to join the site and participate in multiple sim leagues was met with riot and anger.
- A proposal to limit hateful, bigoted language was met with riot and anger.
- A rule change to, frankly, cover an aspect of updating that should be well-ingrained in everyone's mind was met with riot and anger. Punishments related to that rule change were met in the same manner, even though an advantage was gained for an extended period of time as a result of the actions, intentional or otherwise.
- A FUCKING TRADE RUMOR Y'ALL was met with riot and anger, in one of the few attempts we see anymore of interesting written media that isn't just a compilation of figures.

This is probably just an abbreviated list that could be expanded upon tenfold.

As someone who is ... for now ... on the rookie committee, I'm supposed to welcome new users to the site. Help them find their way around. Encourage them to explore the forums, take on jobs, ingrain themselves into our wonderful community. Lately? Why would I want to usher anyone to the doorstep of hell? Why would I encourage anyone to take part in this site with the behavior we see so often?

And don't say this is an internet thing. This literally doesn't happen with this frequency in any other sim league I'm in. This is an SHL problem. It's a problem that needs to be addressed - not just in a "HO needs to make rules and enforce them" level, but at a "We need to do better as human beings" level. We aren't always going to get along. We are going to have disagreements. But for fuck's sake, there's no rule of the internet that says you have to be an asshat. Don't be an asshat.

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page