Create Account

Sunday Funday: The Next GM

To be a good SHL GM, you need to be 1) very active on the site 2) able to commit to doing the job 3) knowledgeable in how the SHL and the sim engine works and 4) just a good person in general, someone you'd look at and say "I want to be on a team with that guy". For those reasons, I think @adamantium would be a great SHL GM - he's done a great job in Vancouver, and I think he'd do just as good as a GM in the SHL.

Seeing 1st hand how Esa @Steelhead77 runs a franchise, it takes alot more than just throwing players together and hoping the SIM gods think you are worthy of victory. It takes an even keeled approach to running a locker room, keeping your players happy, so that they want to stick around, and will actually want to help bring in Free Agents when they are needed. Much of that has to do with how Esa conducts himself around these boards, and it is so important when building a successful team.

[Image: mstuk41.gif]
[Image: 35884_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png][Image: nHs4nH0.png]

being a gm is basically the ability to put up with a bunch of people with very different needs as you mama bird feed them delicious accomplishments as best as you can when getting food from the RNGrocery store.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

The most important aspect to any good GM is their pun/dad joke ability. everything takes a backseat to that. I guess being dedicated and active on the site helps too.

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

A good Gm is someone who has a clear vision about his team. The connections needed to pull off that vision. An understanding of what assets he has and what he no longer needs, as well as the guts to take some risks.

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]

There's really only one thing you need to be an effective GM, and that's being considerate. Keep everyone on your team happy, one way or another, and they'll want to stay. They'll want to update. And before you know it, you'll be the Winnipeg Jets or West Kendall Platoon. Just absolutely stacked, with players who want to be there.

[Image: tempsnip.png]
[Image: image0.jpg?width=360&height=180]

Esa has the patience of a saint and the fortitude of a horse and the guy never sleeps. You have to be dedicated in a way that excites you to get online and help your team.

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]