Create Account

SMJHL GM AND HO HIRING

Congrats @JSS #SKREEE

09-27-2018, 03:25 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote: Isn't Intern supposed go to younger members to help grow the SMJHL and the SHL and talk about the current issues surrounding the SMJHL from a fresh set of eyes?

I've not yet been a part of any head office position here and have literally years of experience in the SHL alone as both an SMJHL and SHL GM. My input has never really been a factor in any league decisions before... Just because I have experience doesn't mean I don't bring a new/desired perspective to the SMJHL HO.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

But yeahhh, congrats @JSS, it's very well deserved!

And looking forward to helping to build upon the successes of the SMJHL and work towards making improvements to help improve the SMJHL with the fact that it exists to acquaint new members to the league and to improve member retention. I think I was hired because of some ideas I brought up in my application and I can't wait to get started!

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue

^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS

Well deserved @JSS, passionate and committed.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

09-27-2018, 03:34 PM.bojo Wrote: storm setting up birthday parties

[Image: il_570xN.1061296893_pfo7.jpg]

less is more

09-27-2018, 04:16 PMBaelor Swift Wrote: I think I was hired because of some ideas I brought up in my application and I can't wait to get started!

Can you be a little more specific? I'm always curious about new ideas to engage people more!

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

09-27-2018, 06:45 PMmajesiu Wrote:
09-27-2018, 04:16 PMBaelor Swift Wrote: I think I was hired because of some ideas I brought up in my application and I can't wait to get started!

Can you be a little more specific? I'm always curious about new ideas to engage people more!

So a few things that I'm really looking forward to that I hope can be done, if they have not been already (I have no idea tbh) are:

-better tracking of member retention to nail down trends in member loss so that actions can be taken (I feel like there's always a lot of guesswork, some of it solid guesswork, about this issue with weaker suggestions followed by inaction because of "lack of data". Well, let's start to get this data)

-Evaluation of the SMJHL member pool to address the semi-perceived need to create more roster spaces

-Evaluation of how and when players are being called up to the SHL

-Evaluation of in-sim success and playing time rookies are getting in the SHL and SMJHL

Just general things like that - mainly collecting and analysing both hard and soft data to make changes for the better and to avoid change for the sake of change. One criticism I have always had about the HO in this league is that there's always talk going on among members, talk that quite often sees the same topics discussed season after season only for the HO to do absolutely nothing about it. I want to help investigate/identify potential issues in how the SMJHL is truly able to acquaint members with the community as a whole and then figure out how best to solve them. I know it sounds simple but I feel like too often we've had people here who have gone for HO positions just for the clout, rather than to help the SHL improve and adapt. Hope that helps?

^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS

Congrats JSS! Going to kill it.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

grats jss

and
uh

visible confusion

09-27-2018, 07:03 PMBaelor Swift Wrote: \

So a few things that I'm really looking forward to that I hope can be done, if they have not been already (I have no idea tbh) are:

-better tracking of member retention to nail down trends in member loss so that actions can be taken (I feel like there's always a lot of guesswork, some of it solid guesswork, about this issue with weaker suggestions followed by inaction because of "lack of data". Well, let's start to get this data)

-Evaluation of the SMJHL member pool to address the semi-perceived need to create more roster spaces

-Evaluation of how and when players are being called up to the SHL

-Evaluation of in-sim success and playing time rookies are getting in the SHL and SMJHL

Just general things like that - mainly collecting and analysing both hard and soft data to make changes for the better and to avoid change for the sake of change. One criticism I have always had about the HO in this league is that there's always talk going on among members, talk that quite often sees the same topics discussed season after season only for the HO to do absolutely nothing about it. I want to help investigate/identify potential issues in how the SMJHL is truly able to acquaint members with the community as a whole and then figure out how best to solve them. I know it sounds simple but I feel like too often we've had people here who have gone for HO positions just for the clout, rather than to help the SHL improve and adapt. Hope that helps?

Certainly reasonable, every league could use more organized approach to the player retention and how the flow of players look between junior and major leagues. Thanks for the answer!

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page