Create Account

Poll: Would you be willing to donate for a custom made Sim Engine?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, absolutely
7.89%
3 7.89%
No way in hell
36.84%
14 36.84%
I am interested but want more information first
55.26%
21 55.26%
Total 38 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

NEW SIM ENGINE PURCHASE
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2018, 11:37 PM by NUCK.)

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to donate $5-$10 to a fund to comision the creation of a  personalized shl sim.

My idea is to pool this money, dedicated for the sim creation and have a time long trusted leauge member be in charge of it. until we can find a person or company  that can create exactly what we need out of for a sim. For only a few dollars each we should have more than enough money to be able to  have the perfect sim engine created for our needs.

PS. I don't want to be the person holding any league money but I would be willing to pitch in $20+ for the right program. I love this league and will happily donate again to make it a top tier and envy of all other sim leauges world wide!

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

@Nobody

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

09-27-2018, 11:29 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: @Nobody

I forgot to say " in a timely manner ". :D

Bojo Machine
Player builder

Out of curiosity, what would a personalized SHL sim engine offer that STHS or ECHM doesn't?

I vote @Ragnar to be protector of the money Wink

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

09-27-2018, 11:47 PMRush Wrote: Out of curiosity, what would a personalized SHL sim engine offer that STHS or ECHM doesn't?

More control over everything. As it stands now, we dont have any abilty to change the program to our needs. STHS is unbelievable random more times than not for starters. Another draw back to STHS is we are only privileged with what stats the core program uses. STHS also lacks a visible game play like EHM or the other main stream sim's. After 40+ seasons and 10+ years (?), we have come to a time and point where a visible game would be just amazing to add. Atributes are not in depth enough and a whack load of other things i cant think of atm.

The other sim's, if I am not mistaken. Are just to slow and cumbersome for our simmers to deal with each night. I dont recall any other issue with EHM but that dosent mean there isnt.

I maybe mistaken with some of the issues but honestly what it boils down to. Is a personalised sim could and would be faster, more accurate, visible appealing to the on lookers and just allow a more in depth and enjoyable SHL experience.

Bojo Machine
Player builder

09-28-2018, 12:11 AMNUCK Wrote:
09-27-2018, 11:47 PMRush Wrote: Out of curiosity, what would a personalized SHL sim engine offer that STHS or ECHM doesn't?

More control over everything. As it stands now, we dont have any abilty to change the program to our needs. STHS is unbelievable random more times than not for starters. Another draw back to STHS is we are only privileged with what stats the core program uses. STHS also lacks a visible game play like EHM or the other main stream sim's. After 40+ seasons and 10+ years (?), we have come to a time and point where a visible game would be just amazing to add. Atributes are not in depth enough and a whack load of other things i cant think of atm.

The other sim's, if I am not mistaken. Are just to slow and cumbersome for our simmers to deal with each night. I dont recall any other issue with EHM but that dosent mean there isnt.

I maybe mistaken with some of the issues but honestly what it boils down to. Is a personalised sim could and would be faster, more accurate, visible appealing to the on lookers and just allow a more in depth and enjoyable SHL experience.

Fair enough, but it sounds expensive. What kind of loot do you estimate we'd have to raise to get something like that built?

09-28-2018, 12:16 AMRush Wrote:
09-28-2018, 12:11 AMNUCK Wrote: More control over everything. As it stands now, we dont have any abilty to change the program to our needs. STHS is unbelievable random more times than not for starters. Another draw back to STHS is we are only privileged with what stats the core program uses. STHS also lacks a visible game play like EHM or the other main stream sim's. After 40+ seasons and 10+ years (?), we have come to a time and point where a visible game would be just amazing to add. Atributes are not in depth enough and a whack load of other things i cant think of atm.

Fair enough, but it sounds expensive. What kind of loot do you estimate we'd have to raise to get something like that built?

No clue honestly but I figured we could come up with $1000 within a few months if the majority of the members pitched in $10 each. I think it would be best to have a SHL member create it as they would understand what we need more than an outsider. I am not sure if anyone really has the ability to make what we need. But if someone does and they had $1000 waved in their face, i think they would be pretty motivated to create and finish our sim post haste. As well as be able to help tune it after the official SHL release. So we have exactly what we want as fans and the simmers have less to worry about and deal with so their job is as easy as possible.

Bojo Machine
Player builder
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2018, 12:44 AM by Hallsy.)

2300 hours of work that is how much Simon t has put into STHS.  1000 bucks isn't going to cut it and it will probably take a team of shlers to complete something like this and what company is going to make an hockey sim engine that works good just for us?
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2018, 12:52 AM by Blastmeaway.)

09-28-2018, 12:42 AMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote: 2300 hours of work that is how much Simon t has put into STHS.  1000 bucks isn't going to cut it and it will probably take a team of shlers to complete something like this and what company is going to make an hockey sim engine that works good just for us?

I would agree with hallsy, I would imagine it would take a squad of very skilled and knowledgeable people. I would also imagine it would take large chunk of time as mentioned.

Sooo basically Yeahthat

Oh also, I would be willing to contribute a donation to the cause

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2018, 12:56 AM by Hallsy.)

09-28-2018, 12:51 AMBlastmeaway Wrote:
09-28-2018, 12:42 AMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote: 2300 hours of work that is how much Simon t has put into STHS.  1000 bucks isn't going to cut it and it will probably take a team of shlers to complete something like this and what company is going to make an hockey sim engine that works good just for us?

I would agree with hallsy, I would imagine it would take a squad of very skilled and knowledgeable people. I would also imagine it would take large chunk of time as mentioned.

Sooo basically Yeahthat

Oh also, I would be willing to contribute a donation to the cause

Like I think we had one guy try to do it by himself @gfridge and I know he did a lot of work on it but the sim engine it self was still extremely buggy and we don't know for sure if it is going to be better than STHS.

STHS has its flaws with the randomness and stuff and it not meant for a league where everyone is at 90 or 99 but it works and its what we have been using for 43 seasons and we midas whale keep it. EHM and FHM wouldn't work as good for the simmer at all either.

Like I know we have a team that runs the site right now but those guys are trying to figure out some other stuff that is a minuscule to building a full hockey sim engine would create. Also Simon had prior experience in making a sim engine before starting STHS.

I also think that a more strict player build archetype would help the cause of variation in the players and possibly a harder TPE scale, yes I said it change it, to make getting to elite levels harder and make the drop off due to age more pronounced

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

09-28-2018, 12:58 AMBlastmeaway Wrote: I also think that a more strict player build archetype would help the cause of variation in the players and possibly a harder TPE scale, yes I said it change it, to make getting to elite levels harder and make the drop off due to age more pronounced

The thing about a harder tpe scale is that it will kill activity..... One of the biggest mistakes in shl history was the 3rd updating scale. It killed any sort of being able to make a semi active player. It would make the drop off due to age more pronounced but it will make actually being elite shorter. It takes 3 years in juniors to make an quality SHL Player and honestly we haven't had a true rookie in a draft class and dominate in probably decades. Also if we are making a harder tpe scale why are we doing a more strict player type?

Fixing SHL so it will work with STHS will never work because no one wants to be bottom six guys and everyone want to be top six guys.

Honestly I feel like SHL is a hockey community that has an sim engine and you can do media and pts to update your player and stuff. I'm honestly here more for the community than the sim engine. Its great to know my player is doing good. I know a lot of people have issues with the community right now with shitstorms and stuff like that and people having different opinions and mindsets but shit that is going to happen in life. You are going to have people who are shitheads it happens don't make a big deal out of it like fuck.

Also @Keygan sig is a trojan

It will cost a lot more than 1000 imo, but would love to see an engine made for sim league purposes

Japanese goaltender - Keisuke Suzuki

Japan Timber

Former winger for Chicago Syndicate - Romualds Loks

Latvia syndicate Militia

Also a SHL, SMJHL and IIHF Champion with Intars Ogle

Latvia  Steelhawks

[Image: b6RVUUV.png]
By teztify