Create Account

S43 PT #5 - Draft Class
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2018, 02:36 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS ONLY.

Theres been an influx of players both new and recreate over the past few drafts. The SMJHL is currently filled to the max with talent eager to make there mark on this league!  draft classes are a huge part of the SHL experience and a major component to our players legacy.  

Scenario: Write 150 words or more about your draft class!  What should we know about it?  Who are it's leaders on or off the ice? how has your class aged with time? How do you think it will be historically remembered?  and where does your player fit within it? (Feel free to add other details, what ever you feel is relevant)

Note: Recreates, feel free to talk about your previous players draft class...

Graphic Task: Design a poster with 3 players that you believe should represent your draft class! Poster should include your draft class season, the players render which they go by, their names and a stat or TPE number associated to them.

You will receive 3 capped TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

This PT will close Monday, October 8th at 5PM EDT.

Welfare claims are accepted!  if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliates site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.

Any questions/concerns, please PM me directly on Discord at Mike Izzy#2714

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

I was a part of the S39 draft class, a winter reddit draft that took place nearly a year ago. One thing about season 39 is that it was very defense heavy, with a below average amount of forwards. There is also a bunch of starting goalies that came out of our class including Cedric Moreau , Tommy Tuck, Chris Partridge.

Some off ice leaders from the group would probably be @caltroit_red_flames, @ml002, @Nobody, @karey, @Blastmeaway, and @CptSquall  (probably forgetting some people too I'm sorry!). Lots of strong opinions and leaders out of this bunch but all in all these people have all been great in making the SHL a great place!

Now that nearly a year has passed, looking back on it I think we were a bit of a flop. Lots of great players are still going strong, but a ton of people I thought would have long careers have fallen off a bit or gone inactive. In the end, I think our class will be remembered for our top end talent (I feel pretty strongly that at a minimum 5 of us will reach 2000+ TPE), and team management (plenty of us now manage SHL, SMJHL, and IIHF organizations).

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

The S41 SHL draft class was one to forget, honestly, which is sad. It probably will be remembered as the draft that introduced us to the first overall pick and, I'd say, future susperstar Flacko Lagerfeild. However, it SHOULD be remembered as the draft class that should've had Mr. Shit, to be totally honest.

All jokes aside, I feel this is a fun class to look at right now. That's because they are all entering the league right now and if they aren't, maybe it's fair to say that they are a bust? The first overall pick for Buffalo, the previously mentioned Flacko, has 22 points in 43 games, looking to be on his way to a great career. The next pick was part of the Latvian Duo for the Wolfpack, Alex Andani has been having a somewhat disappointing but expected season thus far, with only 13 points so far and lagging in TPE compared to where he should be, some say. The other part of the duo, Kristaps Ball taken at 7, has been having a low scoring season, but some could say he has exceeded his low expectations. With his 6 goals and 5 assists, he has been doing great for his low TPE count. To round off this post, the draft had two GMs (Daniel Karlsson and Matej Elias) who both have been having solid seasons thus far.

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Easy, S39 the draft that brought in the man, the myth, the legend! Our good buddy Ass Pancakes. The S39 draft looked strong but has proved to be full of disappointment. We do hve some very solid players going hard on their earnings. But most of the players who were expected to be the next great SHL players have dipped in earnings or flat out quit. (Or got forced out due to racism, bigotry, and temperament issues *cough cough*) my player however is right in the middle. After a few inactive stints, I was traded from Seattle to Edmonton and am making the trade look more lopsided every day. As Edmonton contends for a cup, Seattle continues to look up towards a playoff spot. (Maybe one day). But as for S39, doesn’t look like any greats will come from it, but there are some memorable players none the less

The S43 SHL Draft was fully loaded with a ton of talent looking to make their mark on the future of the league. With literally dozens of high quality, active players to make your selection from, early picks were higher value than ever and it was hard to miss a good prospect in the first few rounds. The league had it's usual upper echelon of elite players going early in the first round such as Leshaun King, Tig Murphy, or Goku Muerto, however there was still a vast number of talent flying under the radar that managed to get picked up alarmingly late in the draft. These guys would probably be Tobias Viklund getting picked up at #39, Dank Boija going off the board at 46 and Mark Palicka slipping down to 37. Either way, teams picking that late should feel lucky they had an unusually talent heavy crop of rookies to pick from in the third/fourth round.

160 words

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

With so many awesome players joining the S43 SHL draft, who's not to like, I'm going to focus on the first gens.

First over all, @King Leshaun King hoarder of both coin and TPE, miles a head of any other first gen and also prominent in different league jobs. Sure to leave his mark in the SHL.
4th overall @notorioustig who is once of the nicest dudes I have the pleasure of playing with, going to be rough not being part of the same team once we make the leap.
28th overall @grok who has very big skates to fill being the one destined to take over after 44, also a very nice dude who I'm happy to continue playing with
46th overall @Snussu a great guy in the LR just due to being a funny guy, you can never know what sort of weird shit he will post next.

and last but not least, @Good_Ole_Kimmy, I mean who doesn't like the glorious leader? Another very nice dude that I would love to sometime share a LR with.

RETIRED

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018, 08:25 AM by Raven.)

Quote:Scenario: Write 150 words or more about your draft class!  What should we know about it?  Who are it's leaders on or off the ice? how has your class aged with time? How do you think it will be historically remembered?  and where does your player fit within it? (Feel free to add other details, what ever you feel is relevant)

My draft class was the class of S42. It has been almost two seasons since this draft, so it might be a little early to make big conclussions about it.

I think the draft will be historically remembered as the draft San Francisco threw away their chance at picking up Rafe Ulrich. They tried to be cheeky and it did not work out for them.

The draft that Eriks Skalbergs, worked his behind off to work himself all the way up to a 6th overall pick.

The draft that saw Charlie Shieck get picked 42nd overall after being passed on a million times, because he is a total scrub cake (Jk Grapebae <3).

It will be interesting to see how this draft class shapes up as time goes by, who will be see reach legendary status within the league, who will suddenly drop of the face of the earth. Ask me this again in a few seasons time and we might have some intresting stuff to talk about.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Scenario: Write 150 words or more about your draft class! What should we know about it? Who are it's leaders on or off the ice? how has your class aged with time? How do you think it will be historically remembered? and where does your player fit within it? (Feel free to add other details, what ever you feel is relevant)

I think S35 will be remembered as a class that was small, but produced some really elite talent considering how small it was. I would say that the leaders of our draft class are Teddy and Izzy. They both have a ton of TPE and are vocal on the site as well as holding leadership positions for the SHL. That being said, there are a lot of other people who are killing it from our class who might not be as well known as those two. Odjick, Kruger, Bennett, Zhumbayev, FourFour, and several others have become mainstays on their SHL rosters and have been killing it for seasons now and will continue to be doing it for seasons to come. I think Garrett will be remembered as a good player, but was never quite able to make that jump to being elite. I'm still happy with how his career has gone. As it stands now he is looking to become the Seattle Riot all time leader in points which would be pretty cool.

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018, 09:21 AM by Nictox.)

The S43 SHL draft was huge. Lots of players coming from all over the world were signing up to take part in this league. It was a Reddit draft that was fully stacked from round 1 to round 6. San Francisco had 3 first round picks in the TOP 5. Which is huge, they're rebuild is looking good as they took some of the leagues top talent including Goku Muerto, Luke Thomason, and (of course) Leshaun King. I believe this class will be remembered for all the high caliber new players as well as legendary re-creates. My player, Nicholas Williams, was taken 22nd overall. I was the first player that a team traded up for, which is kind of a cool thing to say. I believe this class will age like fine wine. A lot of players still active and a lot taking up jobs within the league. I cannot wait to see where we stack up in the long run.

[163]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26

s35

The S31 reddit was one of the largest and greatest draft classes in SHL history. But following 31 was a series of draft flops that stalled the leagues growth and by the mid 30's the site was in dire need of new talent and new excitement..  as it turns out it was a small draft class in S35 which reignited the league!

S35 boasts just 33 picks to its credit but has produced some of the best 1st generation talent in recent history including the selections of an all 1st gen top 6 picks!  The week of the draft witnessed allot of action for entry into the drafts top 20 picks highlighted by Hamilton who dealt picks 4 and 17 to Edmonton for the leagues #1 overall and then traded young superstar Ludwich Koch Shroeder for the 2nd pick in the draft.. with those picks in hand HAM selected Robert Phelps who was considered the big prize of 35 and his brother Angelo Odjick. In total 4 big trades were consumated within the first 6 picks!

8 seasons later and 33% of the draft class still remains active. Of those players i believe theres a chance that at least 5 of them end up in the hall of fame.. from front office members, to GM's to hit podcasts to build around players.. S35 boasts some of the highest profiled members on the site.. and i believe will be historically remembered for producing the greatest 1st generation top 6 in SHL history.

*LINK TO THE S35 DRAFT*

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

The S42 draft class is easily one of the most overlooked ones, with the one right after bringing in well-recognized users like King, and notably being exempt from a lot of draft class analyses due to the, again, large S43 draft. GeckoeyGecko has already managed to get a GM position (for the Rage but still), and users like Ashes and Pingy have come into their own with their players. Not to mention recreate Rafe Ulrich by Raven, the undisputed 1st overall pick that has not disappointed. And how does Noah Nowes play into all of this? Well, for one he never updates. More importantly though, he got drafted to the Vancouver Whalers, which arguably ran away with the S42 Draft, and has remained a force to be reckoned with ever since. While a cup has not fallen to Vancouver yet, potentially this could be the season they pull through, with practically all their S42 draftees (not Nowes yet lol) capped? Only time will tell, I suppose.

[Image: Nowes.png]
[Image: S43WhalersChamps.png]

[Image: YztPk3T.png][Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Leading up to the S42 Draft, it looked like the class would be a small, but successful class. There were a lot of potential star players with: Rafe Ulrich, Charlie Schieck, Herb Roberts, Tokek Takshak, Geezus Kryyst, Harvey Danger, Buck Maverick, Geoff Moore, Jordon von Matt, Maui, and many more. Once draft day arrived though, there were already several players who weren’t going to leave the SMJHL for the SHL. Originally it looked like two rounds of players for the SHL GMs to choose from, but when the dust settled there wasn’t much more than a first round. Still, the top three from this draft are stellar prospects (1. Ulrich, 2. Roberts, 3. Danger) and there are plenty of other good prospects, so as long as you picked in the first round your team likely got a good player here. Prior to the draft Charlie Schieck looked like a possible 1st overall pick, but for some reason he ended up falling all the way to the 42nd pick. Currently Schieck leads the way in TPE with 593, with Ulrich right behind with 585.

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

Tigole Bitties is a proud member of the S36 draft class. Names such as Isak Odegard, Oisin Fletcher, Roman Augustus and Joey Lombardi are staples, but selfishly, Bitties has to be proud of who he’s become regarding how the S36 class stacks up. I am leading the class in TPE and one of the leaders in on-ice production, despite being overshadowed by Roman Augustus’ stellar Challenge Cup hauls and Oisin Fletcher’s individual hardware and scoring prowess.

Bitties though has set a blazing pace in his training. An unsubstantiated evaluation claimed that Bitties TPE gain may be the highest the SHL has ever seen, but that is pending an impartial audit by a neutral party. Even to have that compliment tossed your way is an honor, but it’s no lie that it’s been hard work to keep his name associated with the SHL’s elite. Tigole Bitties will keep the pace and hopes to have his name in the record books as a player that’s associated with elite work ethic and as a model player. Being on top of a great S36 class helps with that.

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

[Image: PT5.png]

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018, 10:39 AM by luke.)

S43 SHL class could be marked down as one of the best drafts of all time. Mixed with great recreates like Kez and RED, along with some great 1st gens like Mayuu and Tig, the league will see the results of this draft for a long time after. But instead of looking at the regular people, I’m going to give some love to the low key 1st gens who give this class the backbone to be called the greatest

Since I have plenty of data on the class I would like to take a second to shoutout the average players that will be the backbone of some teams 

Stephen Moyer Tpe: 354 average tpe gain this season,
week 1 19.3%, 
week 2, 2.27%
Week 3 4.43%
Week 4 3.33%

Stephen Moyer got drafted by EDM and traded to SF Pride, which will be a good backbone for the SF Pride as they are starting to rebuild from this draft. As the rookies keep on getting called up, then there will be a need for a solid middle 6 player, and that’s where Moyer fits in. 

Mr Faceoffs Tpe: 350 tpe gain for thé season 
Week 1 18%
Week 2. 1.87%
Week 3 4.98%
Week 4 2.04%

Mr. Faceoffs will be a good addition for Toronto in a couple seasons to be a good 3rd or 2nd line center doing what he loves, winning Faceoffs. 

David Fantobens Tpe: 306 tpe gain through the week 
Week 1 15.83% 
Week 2 3.6%
Week 3 3.82%
Week 4 2.32 

Drafted by Texas, David won’t be a superstar, but we can all be a Philipp Winter or a Tig Murphy of the draft, sometimes the best players are the reliable ones who fill out the bottom 6, and that’s who David will be, a solid bottom 6 if he continues to stick around. And if a team has a 1st line of all stars, none of that matters without people like David

Tig Murphy Tpe: 422 tpe gain through the season 
Week 1 26.4%
Week 2 1.83%
Week 3 3.59%
Week 4 4.46%

I know Tig is going to be a Star, and one not often talked about like other stars in the draft. How do I know Tig is going to be great? He constantly earns tpe, he is an tpe whore more than me. He will be a star, and if you compare him to the backbone, you can see the difference. 

But that is to say, even if you have 1 Tig, I would rather have 3 backbone players than Tig

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]