Create Account

S43 PT #5 - Draft Class
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018, 11:04 AM by King.)

The spirit of S43 is embodied by Kimmy's signature. "We didn't come to take part. We came to take over." The S43 is slowly taking over most of the jobs in the league. I can speak to myself first and the two areas I'm most familiar with, recruitment and graphics. I currently have the privilege to serve as the head of both groups. When it comes to the day to day jobs the S43 class is very prevalent. Currently the majority of the graphics grading team, the updating team, and the all-star committee is S43, and are also present in banking. On top of that they're slowly being given GM roles. Wetting there toes as co-GMs of the UK, Sweden, and soon to be a couple others. As well starting next season a S43 will be a GM of an SMJHL team (spoilers, it's not me). So we're leaving our mark, and hopefully will be the new era of the SHL, impacting it for the next two decades similiar to the way that the 03 draft class did the NHL.

190 Words.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

10-01-2018, 09:49 AMPlasman Wrote: GeckoeyGecko has already managed to get a GM position (for the Rage but still)
TF is that supposed to mean? At least he updates without the entire league having to remind him. Wink

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018, 12:09 PM by mcgriddleluver.)

paint

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018, 12:44 PM by DrunkenTeddy.)

Well where to begin.. I am part of the S35 draft class, it wasn't a huge one and it was kinda overshadowed by the S36 reddit draft class, but damn were there some great players in it. Currently @Mike Izzy leads the group in TPE by using some kind of black magic fuckery to pass me in TPE (I still don't know how you did it), but there are other great players from this class like Sophia Bennett @goilers, Angelo Odjick @QuantumCowboy, Louie Garrett @dizzyDC and who can forget Finn Kruger @adamantium. Then there are the goalies of S35, I loved me some Carrick Murray, but he has retired and recreated already. @FourFour and @fever95 have been stellar goalies out of our draft class. @Confusion and @Nike also recreated with S35 and they've both made very good players. I think this class was amazing, I love so many people from it, I hope that we are remembered well, despite being right up against a pretty solid reddit draft.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

S36 will go down as one of the best draft classes in recent years. It was a reddit draft, and much was expected, as the class included recreates like Ace, prettyburn, and artermis. And the class has lived up to the hype. Not only have almost all of the recreates hit the mark, the first time users have done well too. TDZ is a member of HO and Halifax GM. Evok was a great GM for Ireland and is the current league simmer. cpetrella went from an undrafted rookie to a first-line forward in Edmonton, one of the best teams in the league. Myself (bloos) and StaticShocked form part of Seattle’s top six, which has been deadly this year for one of the surprise packages of the season. Waters has proven to be a steal, as he’s passed 1000 TPE and is playing a role on the West-leading Jets. There are more players who deserve a mention, but I’m just too lazy to.
168 words

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Since the instructions say we can talk about our previous player’s draft class, I am going to talk about my first player, Barney Stinson’s draft class. Barney was drafted 38th overall in SMJHL and 17th overall in SHL as part of the legendary S20 class. S20 is arguably the greatest draft class of all time. That draft class was stacked. Just take a look at the first few picks. Chuck Goody, Bojo Biscuit, Benjamin Reid, Friedrich Mueller were the top 5 picks. That draft also featured Sachimo Zoidberg, possibly one of the greatest SHLers of all time. Kristian Eriksson and Jackson Rogers-Tanaka were also part of that class. Then of course, who can forget Arton Laxk and Charlie Serpe II. The class changed the face of SHL, even forcing a reworking of the TPE system. Stinson was definitely one of the top players of the draft, as he did get elected to the Hall of Fame, but nowhere near as legendary as his chief rival Bojo Biscuit. Who knows how much better his legacy could have been had he managed to secure a cup…

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018, 03:05 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

10-01-2018, 12:26 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: Currently @Mike Izzy leads the group in TPE by using some kind of black magic fuckery to pass me in TPE (I still don't know how you did it)

[Image: kXstO4k.jpg]
@DrunkenTeddy

Angel

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

I was lucky enough to join one of the best draft classes in the SHL history, and with that honor comes so many good members that I won't possibly be able to name off all of them. So for now I will just list off some notable ones. For me the obvious is going to be a lumping of two of them: Luke Thomason and Leshaun King. Both of these guys have been absolutely huge for the site and contributed so much, they are invaluable members and I am sure everyone here is happy to have them. Another would be my fellow Steelhawk Tig Murphy. Tig has just ascended in my eyes from being an incredible member who is constantly on the top of lists that include TPE an activity, to being a full on legend. He has just become the first S43 guy to reach that level of management. There are plenty of guys however that have reached the level of coach, from what I know Luke Thomason, Alex Winters, and Hippo Passamus are all coaches on their teams. Overall, S43 best draft class.

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

10-01-2018, 03:00 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
10-01-2018, 12:26 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: Currently @Mike Izzy leads the group in TPE by using some kind of black magic fuckery to pass me in TPE (I still don't know how you did it)

[Image: kXstO4k.jpg]
@DrunkenTeddy

Angel

It makes so much more sense now lol

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

10-01-2018, 03:19 PMGood_Ole_Kimmy Wrote: For me the obvious is going to be a lumping of two of them: Luke Thomason and Leshaun King. Both of these guys have been absolutely huge for the site and contributed so much, they are invaluable members and I am sure everyone here is happy to have them.. There are plenty of guys however that have reached the level of coach, from what I know Luke Thomason, Alex Winters, and Hippo Passamus are all coaches on their teams. Overall, S43 best draft class.
Say my name again, I’m close

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

10-01-2018, 03:29 PMluketd Wrote:
10-01-2018, 03:19 PMGood_Ole_Kimmy Wrote: For me the obvious is going to be a lumping of two of them: Luke Thomason and Leshaun King. Both of these guys have been absolutely huge for the site and contributed so much, they are invaluable members and I am sure everyone here is happy to have them.. There are plenty of guys however that have reached the level of coach, from what I know Luke Thomason, Alex Winters, and Hippo Passamus are all coaches on their teams. Overall, S43 best draft class.
Say my name again, I’m close

My name again, I'm close

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

The S31 draft class was probably one of the best there ever was for the SHL. It was one of the largest in size, as it was a Reddit draft. Numerous star players with long careers have emerged from that class. We are now in our 12th or 13th season in the league. Many members have petered out due to retirement or inactivity but many have not. Looking at the top 10 in league scoring right now, there are at least 3 people from our draft class in there. And, in the top 15 there are 6 of us. This is pretty impressive considering our class is starting to get hit more significantly by regression.

Going forward, I see this class remaining a dominant class on the leaderboards. We have some studs in this class that will stay at high TPE counts and activity for a long time yet to come. Visser is probably the star of this class, which is just the cherry on top as he puts up ridiculous numbers year after. I am extremely proud to say that I am a member of that draft class.

Player Page --- Update Page
[Image: twils.gif]
Picture credit to Allen, Jenny, enigmatic, Wasty, ckroyal92, 701, and EJ

300+ Career Goals, 750+ Career Points
5th All-Time Goals Scored for WKP,
8th All-Time Goals Scored for SEA/TBB
3rd All-Time in Playoff Points
17th All-Time in Goals

6 Consecutive 50+ Point Seasons, 7 Total
Quote:"idc if ur naked if ur holding that cup" -Jenny

To say that my draft class, Season 37, was top heavy would be a gross underestimation. The majority of this draft class never amounted to anything outside the SMJHL. For all the fluff that came from this draft, there are a couple of stars that made it out.

There are four standout from the draft that are currently making a strong name for themselves. There were a couple of others that were trending up, but their development stalled. The four players that stand out are Jack Tanner, Connor Tanner, Hercules Rockefeller, and Tor Tuck. These were four of the first seven picks and it just so happens that three of them play for the Edmonton Blizzard. Right now, I would have to say Jack Tanner is the top of the heap. He's a star on the blue line for San Francisco. The other three are also making huge waves. Connor Tanner and Tor Tuck are both 2 way stalwarts on the Blizzard blue line. Tanner is on the cusp of stardom and Tuck is surprisingly becoming a stud. As for Rockefeller, he has put up steady points for the Blizzard, but is looking to take that next step in his game.

Outside of those four players, the Season 37 draft is one to forget. With that, though, the two Tanners, Tuck, and Rockefeller are worth the price of admission every night they are on the ice.

(236 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
33-12-1
Regular Season - [G 6] [A 8] [Pts 14] [+/- +25] [PIM 30] [Hits 22] [SB 87]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Brady McIntyre is a part of the S39 draft class. It was a class that had a huge amount of potential, like site changing potential. Sadly, over time the numbers have fallen. Out of the gate we saw Elias Svensson (RIP Kmichael) go inactive in the first season when he was expected to be a top earner. Copenhagen is still semi active but being chosen #1 in the SMJHL and SHL draft you would hope for him to be top earner. Other names have fallen away, but if things stay the course now you can expect the class to have at least 4 players hit 2000 TPE: Brady McIntyre, Gary Grease, Mikhail Lokitonov and Victor Marius. On top of having some great players, this class has produced some great members of management. ml002 and cptsquall are parts of their team Austria's management in the IIHF, caltroit_red_flames and blastmeaway are the heads of Czechoslovakia, and flappygiraffe is the GM of Winnipeg. I still think this class will be remembered as one of the top classes in the modern day SHL. It was such a big class that it had larger than life potential, but even without living up to that potential it has produced players that will have long and successful careers and may inspire future generations of quality players. Right now Brady McIntyre leads the draft class in TPE, some have said he'll go down as one of the greats. Only time will tell.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

The Season 41 Draft was held in Boston, Massachusetts. Buffalo took Flacko Lagerfield first overall, and Flacko has done nothing but prove why he should have been selected #1. The kid is a stud. I was also drafted in the first round of that draft, going 13th overall to the Minnesota Chiefs. Although I have yet to crack the SHL, my time is coming next season. In a draft class that includes Flacko, Alex Andani, Reginald Mcintyre, Lightning Jones, Kristaps Ball, and Benjamin Blue all going in the first round, this was a very top heavy draft, however, not a very deep one. The draft only saw 25 players drafted.

I don't think you can discount this draft in anyway though. This draft is just now hitting it's 4 year anniversary and it's time for this generation of players to start stepping into their roles in the SHL. McLovin can only hope to compete with his counterparts once he finally gets the call. I'm sure it won't take me long to get up to speed after a lengthy time in the minors, but I plan to be one of the best players in this class. Just wait and see.

[Image: tumblr_msqiv2SUIk1rey868o1_500.gif]

FalconsChiefsUsa