Create Account

PT 5 - Highlight Reel

You've done a lot of cool new things this season - what's on your highlight reel?

Written option: Tell us about at least three things on your highlight reel from this season - they don't necessarily have to be things you did on the ice, though of course those are acceptable. Must include 150 words.

Graphic option: Make a graphic of your #1 highlight moment from this season, whatever that may be. Must include a render of some kind (but if that's a Paint stick figure, that works) and be intelligible.

Reward
4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the options, not both.)

Only S43 SMJHL Rookies (S44 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Do NOT claim TPE for this task until a post has been made in the claim thread.

Deadline: Sunday 10/7, 10am CST

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

Three highlights from Franz Cooper's first season with the Detroit Falcons:

First goal (and first point)
Franz had his first career SMJHL goal in his second career SMJHL game. It was the tying goal of the second Falcons game of the season against the Armada Anchorage. Just over 9 minutes into the first period, the score is 1-0 Anchorage over Detroit. Thomas Youngholm, Franz's centre at the start of the season, won the offensive zone draw and, off a pretty pass from Papa Huligans, Franz sniped his first goal and first point against Benjamin Blue. The Falcons would go on to win the game 2-1. 

First assist (and second point)
Franz's first assist would not come for another 13 "days" when Detroit was playing Kelowna. After the first period had ended scoreless for either team, and the second ended in a 1-1 draw, the Knights scored early in the third to take the advantage. Franz, on the ice for the faceoff after the Kelowna goal, was part of the pressure in the Knights zone. A booming shot from Franz missed the net, but Wolfhard Richter was perfectly in place to tap in the bounce off the boards and to tie up the game 2-2 in the third. The Knights would ultimately win the game 3-2 with a late third period goal.

First multi-point game
Was game 137 on day 70, Franz recorded two assists in a 4-2 victory over the Vancouver Whalers.

[Image: Falcons-Banner.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2018, 03:31 PM by StamkosFan.)

Here is my highlight reel with some music attached! Didn't want to pick just one and cheat you guys out of my NHL 09 obsession!

If I have to pick just the #1 moment, it would be scoring 2 goals against the Anchorage Armada and earning first star!
[Image: cGdh5nM.gif]

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2018, 06:02 PM by Allen.)

Wow, three things, huh? The first would be my weight loss. I've slimmed down for this season and am clocking in at 225 lbs currently. I feel lighter, faster, and much quicker on my feet. Since moving to St. Louis I've been blessed to be surrounded by so much great cuisine. One of the things I'm more proud of is finishing The Inferno challenge at de.lish Cheesecake Bakery & Cafe. It features the Trinidad Scorpion pepper, the ghost pepper, and the habanero pepper and had me caught with a case of the hot squirts for weeks afterward. Finally, my biggest accomplishment would be beating my highest score ever on the NES classic Thundercade. I'm a big fan of arcade games in general and with all this time to myself I've finally achieved a score of 102,000. I'm not going to get on any Twin Galaxies leaderboards but it's always nice to set and break goals for yourself.

For my players highlights this past season some were hockey based, others were not.

His first highlight this season is his first ever SMJHL points as well sa first multi point game. In his third game of the season, game 12 of the SMJHL season. Aizawa put up not only a point on the power play as an assist he also later clogged in an assist on the game winning goal. Granted he was the second assist but it still counts.

The second highlight of his season was his first goal which not only was his first goal but it turned up into being his first and second goals of the season, in another multi point game for the young center.

The last high light was when he lost his virginity. On a rookie hazing trip to the bar where they drink the joint dry, Aizawa revealed he was s virgin after being a teacher at U.A high. He did not know what to do being at a bar with a bunch of young women. One thing lead to another and you could say she made a man out of him Wink

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2018, 02:53 AM by Mack.)

Three Highlights

First Win:
Game 1 of our season was against the Colorado Raptors and we won 3-1 on the back of a 35 save performance by our star goalie Petr Vrana.
I personally didn’t have a huge night offensively and just played 8:58 of even strength time on the ice winning my first and only face off attempt for the game. I had no points but the win is something I will always remember and I hope to win many more with the Militia.

Next Highlight would First Goal:

It came 4 games into the season in a game at home against Detroit. It was a Power Play goal and it tied the game 1-1 in the first period of a game that we would eventually go on to win 4-3! It was a hard fought win against a really good Detroit team that went right down to the last minute.

Last Highlight is Biggest Game:

We won a big game 5-3 against Vancouver and they are as good as it gets. I was first star of the game I had 2 goals and +1 with 3 shots on net in 11:19 of ice time. Also in Game 50 we clinched playoffs with an 8-4 win over Kelowna. I had 2 goals and an assist for second star of the night.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2018, 07:45 AM by Ragnar.)

Three highlights for Willie Fisterbottom:

1. Willie Fisterbottom currently holds the Finnish record for amount of cupcakes eaten in one sitting. On 2 September 2018, Willie ate 72 cupcakes in one sitting, shattering the previous record of 15 cupcakes. This record, however, wasn’t quite close to the world wide record, set by Wasty after he got really high. Wasty’s record was 18 dabs and then 123 cupcakes within an hour. He’s an absolute glutton.

2. Willie Fisterbottom also holds the Finnish record for amount of points scored in a single game. On 3 October 2018 he scored 13 goals and had 27 assists in his 18 minutes of time on ice. His team ended up winning 53 to 52 in quadruple overtime. He finished the game with 40 points and a +/- of -37. Then he turned off his xbox because he was late to his SMJHL game.

3. Last but not least, he once drank 70 beers on a three hour flight and then won a game against the Vancouver Whalers.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

[Image: 4e21d3e17aa4f8f933397cf9a8d2744b.png]

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

1. New Friends
Becoming part of the Falcons was a great experience. They were number one on my pre-draft rankings for a reason and I think my expectations may have even been exceeded. This has been a great regular season and has really helped to bring my interest in the SHL back up.

2. Big Hits
Obviously, Poopity Scoop is a big hitter and finished his first junior season with exactly 100 hits, ranking ninth in the SMJHL. One of the most fun parts of the season has been hitting opponents so hard they fall to the ice and cry as Poopity Scoop's Detroit teammates take the puck away and pot some ginos.

3. First Goal
While Poopity Scoop is a defense first player, and one who really doesn't shoot much, there's still some offensive ability there. And one of the best highlights of the season was the first goal. How it happened was poopity Scoop got a pass from none other than Hippo Passamus. In his mind, the god Simon T was like "bruh, you gotta pass or skate cuz decision tree" but nobody was open and there was a horse on the ice blocking the way so he had no other choice to shoot. It bounced off some skates like pinball and somehow landed inside the net!

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

1. First Career Point

While Rainbow Dash is mostly known for her shot, she showed the league that she can be a playmaker too when she wants to be. In the Raiders first game of the season, hosting the Whalers, Dash set up Mr. Faceoffs for his first goal of the season and to give the Raiders their first lead on the game in a game they would go on to win by a score of 5-4/

2. Stepping out of the box to. . .go back in

Also in the first game of the season, Dash managed to take two consecutive penalties, putting her team back on the penalty kill immediately after they had just killed it off. It's really not a highlight to be proud of, but personally I found it pretty funny when I saw the results of that first game.

3. First career goal

A few days later, hosting the Militia, Rainbow Dash showed why she was taken first overall as she shot a rocket past the goaltender Petr Vrana. While the team went on to ultimately lose the game, fans were treated to a spectacle as Rainbow Dash had the chance to show off her offensive skill.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

First 1st Gen Drafted:

Xena started her season by being up against a myriad of recreates and legends. That being said, she was still drafted as number 6 to Anchorage Armada. Making her the first 1st Gen to be drafted this season. Well-deserved as she was active on the site, never missed an opportunity to make TPE, and as King puts it “For a first gen Xena has an impressive bank account at 10 million. Mainly from her massive first article which racked in 12 million.”

First Goal:

“Xena wins face-off versus Goku Muerto in St. Louis Scarecrows zone. Pass to Bust. Pass by Bust intercepted by Nicholas Williams. Pass by Nicholas Williams intercepted by Jordan Von Matt. Pass to Xena. Shot by Xena. Goooal by Xena!!!!” At 15:21 of the first period Xena had her first career SMJHL goal in her third career SMJHL game against the St. Louis Scarecrows.

Highest TPE earnings of Draft Class:

Xena has been mentioned numerous times by her peers as being a “Warrior of the game”, but her Bad-Assery can only be thanks to her high TPE earnings. She was placed fourth on Kings S44 1st Round Mock Top 7 media article. He mentions that “ Xena also leads the SMJHL rookie class with 241 TPE. Xena started as soon as possible and has been building steadily, having not missed any. Xena currently seems like the top Centre from this draft”. Luketd is another peer that mentions Xena in his S44 Rookies and the WJC article where he ends off his article by saying “Shoutout to Xena to having the most TPE right now out of the draft class.”

Words: 291

[Image: cIkifBC.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

First Goal

It only took three games into Barret McCarthy's rookie season to net his first goal. After a quick rush down ice, Barret let a strong shot go, which was blocked by a defender. However, staying with the play, he was able to reset and a mere two seconds later put a strong wrister into the back of the net, increasing the Whaler's lead to 3-0 and, more importantly, setting a strong example for what would be a great rookie season.

Plus/Minus

Throughout his rookie season, Barret McCarthy played a solid defensive role on both the third and fourth line for the Whalers, and nothing proves this more than his plus/minus margin. Leading the league for the majority of the season, and finishing second overall as a rookie, McCarthy has show his ability to both make plays and keep his teammates on the attack with his playing style.

First Star

With an outstanding rookie season comes outstanding games. McCarthy continued his amazing rookie season putting up a goal and assist against the Colorado Raptors, putting up those 2 points, a plus one, and earning the first star, showing the league that he is a force to be reckoned with.

[Disclaimer: I don't actually remember if, being an unassigned SMJHL player, I get to do these or not. So I'll do it for the hell of it and you guys let me know if I'll get the TPE or not. Smile]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Welsh right wing Griffith Cadwalader gets closer to his opportunity of making a name for himself in the SMJHL, we revisit the player's past in the British ice hockey junior leagues to highlight his shiniest moments and evaluate what the brings to the table.

1. Most Valuable Player in the British Juniors
While a good performance in your home country does not necessarily translate to a successful career in the much more demanding universe of North American ice hockey, Cadwalader's capture of the MVP title in last season's proves his ability to excel in a competitive environment.

2. Significant improvement of his skating abilities
Though skating is an extremely useful skill to any ice hockey player, it may be particularly key to someone whose playstyle relies so heavily on participation in both ends of the rink, as is the case for two-way Griffith. It is rather absurd, than, that most of his earlier days in hockey were marked by severe scrutiny over his capacity to skate smoothly. While his passing, positioning and puck handling have always been tremendous, his explosiveness has been lackluster for pretty much ever up until last season. This breakthrough will surely be looked upon in a favourable light by teammates and scouts alike.

3. Appearance for the U18 Great Britain National Team
While a rather uneventful game for Cadwalader, who had very little time spent on ice and no relevant numbers to show for, it was surely an exiciting time for the young player.

First Goal
It took... several games for Shaquille Derisraka to get his first goal and in fact it was his only goal unfortunately. In game 94, Shaquille scored a goal after a lengthy possession play in the St Louis Scarecrows zone where every Vancouver player on the ice touched the puck before Shaq scored. Jack Kennedy and Geoff Moore assisted on the play on Shaq's first goal at the 13:47 minute mark

Excellent Faceoffs
Shaq on the faceoff dot was an excellent player for the Vancouver Whalers. He averaged essentially a 54% win rate and was the highest faceoff winner for natural centers on the team. Shaq wasn't great this season but he at least contributed defensively in possession.

Survive the Carolina Reaper
Always a fan favorite. During an end of the season fans night event, during an interview with the fans, somebody challenged the big center to eat the Carolina Reaper, a very spicy chip and not make a face. While he did not succeed in not making a face, he at the very least survived the ordeal and that's an accomplishment,

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]