Create Account

PT 5 - Highlight Reel

My first highlight reel: First SMJHL point.

My first SMJHL game coincided with my first SMJHL point. Funny enough, it was against my former team, that signed me as a free agent at the end of last season - St. Louis Scarecrows. It was a beautiful pass to one and only - Luke Thomason, whom does not hesitate to shoot the puck whenever he’s feeling lucky. It was right then and there I realised that we can build on this connection to push the team forward this season.

Second highlight reel: Winning the S43 SMJHL regular season with my teammates.

A truly crazy experience. I got drafted into a winning powerhouse and made my mark to help the team win the regular season. By no less than 11 points apart from the second place. A really marvellous season. We built a really strong group of people that manages to get over themselves day in and day out and pride themselves in winning anything we can get our tails on(whale reference, thank yous).

Third highlight reel: My best game of the season.

It was a Game 116 against the Anchorage Armada where i scored two beautiful goals and got a first star of the game. I was so pumped after the game that i had to take a bath and mid strength beer to calm my nerves when it was all said and done. The first goal was a comfy rebound that made its way onto my stick that i just slapshotted like there was no tomorrow. The second one was a doozy to tie the game 4:4. I pulled the puck back between my legs legs, sent it through the legs of Armada defenseman and scored. It was dazzling, it was mesmerizing and that was exactly how I planned to do it. I didn't have much space to execute that goal, my second of the game, but it provided needed breathing room for the Whalers, when we defeated the Armada 5-4.

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

Derek Bohne has had a pretty average rookie season, in my eyes. I will say, though, that game 88 of the season contained all three of his season highlights.

Highlight 1 -

Down 1-0 early in the first, Bohne wins the faceoff. After a some back and fourth, Bohne assists on Willie Mack's goal to tie the game up. This is the second assist on the season for Bohne, so we're pretty happy about that one.

Highlight 2 -

Very early in the second period, Bohne wins a critical faceoff in the Vancouver zone. The puck goes right to Daniel Daniil, who puts it on goal. A beautiful save by Leitner sends the rebound directly to Bohne, who nets his second goal of the season, and second point of the night on the rebound. A multi-point game? Now we're talking!

Highlight 3 -

Halfway through the second, up 3-1 over Vancouver, Bohne wins yet another faceoff (10 for 14 on the game, not too bad!) in the Vancouver zone. Tauras Karazija goes in and lays a big hit on Bohne, who takes exception. While he gets thoroughly handled, Bohne picks up the fighting major and completes the Gordie Howe Hat Trick - thus making this game his big highlights.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

My first highlight: getting drafted into the SMJHL. It was a huge deal for me to share the stage with those very talented rookies in this league. As well as my father who has walked on this stage before me. I was very lucky to go 3rd overall to a very strongly built team.

My second highlight: my first 3 point game. Everybody likes to help chip in offensively and that’s what I did against the Montreal Militia. With 2 goals and an assist, I led the way for the Falcons to be victorious against the Militia. Feels really good to be able to help the team out in any way that I can.

My third highlight: my first first star. Everybody likes to be recognized for the hard work that they put in. When I won the first star I’d the game for the first time thanks to a great defensive presence that I gave out, I was extremely happy as that game showed potential of what I could really be in the SHL.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]