Create Account

Three suggestions for the league

Expansion of 2 teams:

It needs to happen. Part of the reason why I want to fight regression with Ben Dover is that I don't want to wait and bank tpe in the SMJHL for like 5 seasons so a spot can open up. I know the commishes are waiting for x number of people so an expansion team can safely happen but fuck sometimes you gotta spend money to make money. And we gotta expand the league to boost our membership numbers there is only so much to grow right now due to the limited spots in the SHL. I think we should try to expand roughly every 10 seasons, to be honest.

TPE Cap in the SMJHL needs to be higher:
I hate banking TPE, you feel no sense of improvement on your player when you are just banking your tpe and honestly, its a struggle mentally to earn tpe if you are just going to bank it. You want to see immediate results in your earnings instead waiting for 3 seasons which is like 6 months to see your results. The 350 cap is so fuckin old it was like when at most you spent 1 or 2 seasons in SMJHL now the people are spending 3 seasons in most cases down in the SMJHL and honestly if we increased the cap to 500 tpe or maybe even higher I think we would have much better retention in terms of people staying after their 1st rookie season.

Changing the updating scale:
It needs to be changed so that its easier to make a decent player but its harder to make a great player but not change how much it takes to make a max player. Which is part of the reason why people want to spend time in the SMJHL right now because they want to start off in the SHL and be actually decent? Its sad honestly that you rarely see a true rookie in the SHL. The last updating scale change honestly was horrible for the growth of this league because it rekted the semi-active player Now you need 700-800 tpe to be a solid 3rd liner. You could be a good top six player if carried by an elite player though which is something that we have seen at times. I have no idea how to change the updating scale or what a perfect updating scale would be but I think this is another thing that is holding the league back right now.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2018, 02:56 PM by Tomen.)

I wouldn't mind an Expansion of only 1 team to see how the numbers are. If the league can easily support that team plus a second one we can expand to the 2nd team.

Regarding the Update Scale I think @Avakael once talked about a different update scale that is easier at the start and harsher at the end.

If an Update Scale change would be done that makes the scale easier for sub 80 stats you don't need to raise the SMJHL Cap.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

10-02-2018, 02:49 PMTomen Wrote: I wouldn't mind an Expansion of only 1 team to see how the numbers are. If the league can easily support that team plus  a second one we can expand to the 2nd team.

Regarding the Update Scale I think @Avakael once talked about a different update scale that is easier at the start and harsher at the end.

If we an Update Scale change would be done that makes the scale easier for sub 80 stats you don't need to raise the SMJHL Cap.

Yeah I agree that you either need to go after the SMJHL TPE Cap or the update scale, because it becomes redundant if you change both

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

I expect expansion to be done near the beginning of next year. I could see us open applications during the opening stages of the next reddit draft season, so if we have a good recruitment and smjhl draft we can immediately start taking the applications and work from there to have it done for the offseason and their first draft being a reddit draft where they're more likely to bulk up on active prospects to kickstart the team.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

10-02-2018, 02:49 PMTomen Wrote: I wouldn't mind an Expansion of only 1 team to see how the numbers are. If the league can easily support that team plus  a second one we can expand to the 2nd team.

If an Update Scale change would be done that makes the scale easier for sub 80 stats you don't need to raise the SMJHL Cap.

Idk I feel the cap is dumb because it was something implemented like 30 seasons ago and has never been adjusted to the different updating scales.

I really think expansion is a great idea. So many 350 players in the SMJHL it sucks for rookies always being stuck on the 3rd line getting 10 mins a game.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

my second junior season I was super bored and unmotivated because I was capped, had a much better time when I was called up and could finally spend tpe again. I think a raise to 450 would be good, you'd still have something to work towards in the second year, and would make smjhl builds way more interesting.

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

I have been wanting to see the Junior Cap raised for a while now 400-500 TPE would be cool to try

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

i think the smjhl cap could raise to 400-500, but keep smjhl inactives under 250 tpe.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2018, 03:37 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Got to admit... allot of this makes sense....

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

I think If we can implement this correctly it would be great, realistically a week or 2 away, most of the players in S43 that were active were capped, after this, everyone is just banking tpe, and it’s boring not progressing a player. Bringing an expansion and bumping the cap up will help motivate people to get to the new cap and it will be quicker to get into the shl

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

10-02-2018, 02:30 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote: Expansion of 2 teams:

It needs to happen. Part of the reason why I want to fight regression with Ben Dover is that I don't want to wait and bank tpe in the SMJHL for like 5 seasons so a spot can open up. I know the commishes are waiting for x number of people so an expansion team can safely happen but fuck sometimes you gotta spend money to make money. And we gotta expand the league to boost our membership numbers there is only so much to grow right now due to the limited spots in the SHL. I think we should try to expand roughly every 10 seasons, to be honest.

I hate banking TPE, you feel no sense of improvement on your player when you are just banking your tpe and honestly, its a struggle mentally to earn tpe if you are just going to bank it. You want to see immediate results in your earnings instead waiting for 3 seasons which is like 6 months to see your results. The 350 cap is so fuckin old it was like when at most you spent 1 or 2 seasons in SMJHL now the people are spending 3 seasons in most cases down in the SMJHL and honestly if we increased the cap to 500 tpe or maybe even higher I think we would have much better retention in terms of people staying after their 1st rookie season.

I don't think these two things can happen together. They contradict each other. You want the SHL to expand but yet raise the cap in the SMJHL to encourage players to stay down longer. I don't think they're bad ideas but they work against each other to a certain extent.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2018, 03:52 PM by Hallsy.)

10-02-2018, 03:44 PMSleepy Wrote:
10-02-2018, 02:30 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote: Expansion of 2 teams:

I don't think these two things can happen together. They contradict each other. You want the SHL to expand but yet raise the cap in the SMJHL to encourage players to stay down longer. I don't think they're bad ideas but they work against each other to a certain extent.

I want to raise the cap because the 350 cap was something that was implemented two updating scales ago. I think the only change is 325 to 350 if I remember correctly. The whole point is so people don't get bored in SMJHL just banking tpe and actually see growth in their player. There are always going to send downs so why have them be like yup lets have the same shit player for another season. It's an old limitation and 350 tpe 2 updating scales ago is so much different that 350 tpe today. I also think it would add another dimension to the SMJHL cause capped players won't always have the same amount of tpe. A 350 TPE player back when the SMJHL cap was implemented was actually a suitable SHL player.

Its just covering all the bases.

420 SMJHL cap and some Mexican expansion teams let's go

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

10-02-2018, 03:17 PMFlappyGiraffe Wrote: my second junior season I was super bored and unmotivated because I was capped, had a much better time when I was called up and could finally spend tpe again. I think a raise to 450 would be good, you'd still have something to work towards in the second year, and would make smjhl builds way more interesting.

Its the same when you reach a capped player before regression which is something that Happens. I definitely have earned less in both of my players in this situation because It actually had no immediate effect on my player.