Create Account

Three suggestions for the league

Agree that there must be some changes. Ok, im not the most active member and I get inactive really fast, but part of the reason for that is the grind to get to the SHL. It's just too long and boring. And even if u get there with 500TP something most of the times u suck a big doo doo. The truth is SHL isn't enjoyable if you don't grind like a bitch. There must be some kind of middle ground for people who takes this more casually.

hewoe
[Image: 0OAAUwi.png]

I have yet to speak to someone who isn't down to raise the SMJHL cap.

If the purpose of the cap is to stop SHL calibre players from dominating SMJHL, make the cap what ever is necessary to be a low end SHL player, somewhere in the 400-500 range, I would think more towards 500.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

10-02-2018, 03:58 PMChewbacca Wrote: Agree that there must be some changes. Ok, im not the most active member and I get inactive really fast, but part of the reason for that is the grind to get to the SHL. It's just too long and boring. And even if u get there with 500TP something most of the times u suck a big doo doo. The truth is SHL isn't enjoyable if you don't grind like a bitch. There must be some kind of middle ground for people who takes this more casually.

The last updating scale killed the concept of the semi-active player

10-02-2018, 04:00 PMKing Wrote: I have yet to speak to someone who isn't down to raise the SMJHL cap.

If the purpose of the cap is to stop SHL calibre players from dominating SMJHL, make the cap what ever is necessary to be a low end SHL player, somewhere in the 400-500 range, I would think more towards 500.

In the past the elders here have stated that the premise of the SMJHL is a place for new members to learn, make friends and experience success. A casual league is the intention... all 8 teams made the playoffs up until the early to mid 30’s. Raising the cap would mean that the league would have to modify the methodology of the juniors to something more competitive. I would doubt that the hiarchy would consider a big change to the above...

but an adddition of even 50 tpe to 400 would be a reasonable step.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

10-02-2018, 04:00 PMKing Wrote: I have yet to speak to someone who isn't down to raise the SMJHL cap.

I know people that are against the cap mostly because smjhl rookies would suck ass but if there is less send downs smjhl rookies should still be decent. Its not like SMJHL rookies dominate every year there is usually a select few that do because its a send down dominated league and I feel like SMJHL should become less of a send down dominated league and become more rookie base but the only way to do that is so players don't get shit on in the SHL if they join right after the draft and after their draft+1 years. Which would happen if an SHL expansion draft would happen today.

10-02-2018, 04:14 PMMike Izzy Wrote:

In the past the elders here have stated that the premise of the SMJHL is a place for new members to learn, make friends and experience success. A casual league is the intention... all 8 teams made the playoffs up until the early to mid 30’s. Raising the cap would mean that the league would have to modify the methodology of the juniors to something more competitive. I would doubt that the hiarchy would consider a big change to the above...

but an adddition of even 50 tpe to 400 would be a reasonable step.

In the past people didn't spend more than 2 seasons in the SMJHL. It was rare to see someone play 2-3 seasons after their draft in SMJHL. Thats when it was a rookie dominated league and something I feel like the SMJHL should try to become again.

While we're throwing out ideas, can we please lord get the SHL index and SMJHL index's pinned in the site navbar. It makes no sense having to click onto a thread and then go all the way back to page 1 just to find out that Toronto lost all 3 of their games in the sim.

I don't think the cap should or needs to be raised. The biggest part of player retention, in my opinion, is the first year. Raising the cap, on its' own, straight up hurts rookies.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

10-02-2018, 04:19 PMWaters Wrote: I don't think the cap should or needs to be raised. The biggest part of player retention, in my opinion, is the first year. Raising the cap, on its' own, straight up hurts rookies.

I heard that the biggest drop of players is after there SHL draft. @DrunkenTeddy think it was you who told me this, anecdotal evidence or something more?

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

10-02-2018, 04:17 PMWhite Cornerback Wrote: While we're throwing out ideas, can we please lord get the SHL index and SMJHL index's pinned in the site navbar. It makes no sense having to click onto a thread and then go all the way back to page 1 just to find out that Toronto lost all 3 of their games in the sim.

yes pls

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

10-02-2018, 04:37 PMKing Wrote:
10-02-2018, 04:19 PMWaters Wrote: I don't think the cap should or needs to be raised. The biggest part of player retention, in my opinion, is the first year. Raising the cap, on its' own, straight up hurts rookies.

I heard that the biggest drop of players is after there SHL draft. @DrunkenTeddy think it was you who told me this, anecdotal evidence or something more?

By numbers, sure. Especially in massive classes, that larger amount of people keeps it fun for everyone else. for at least 2 months. But I think raising the cap enough to have an actual effect on performance would affect the rookies to the point where member retention through the draft will be a lot more difficult. There's no evidence for that, at least as far as i know, but I don't think that raising the cap would help as much as it would hurt.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Update scale is fine, if anything it should be harsher. People are still maxing out players rather easily as it is. Making it easier goes back to the days of fuckin 99s in every stat again. Sths is not made for everyone to have all 99s, it's random enough now as it is. The problem is we have a shit ton of maxed players so there aren't spots for the 4-500 tpe guys anymore so expansion would make sense but ffs don't go back to all 99s, was stupid then and is stupid now.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2018, 05:05 PM by Hallsy.)

10-02-2018, 04:56 PMBarnabasCollins Wrote: Update scale is fine, if anything it should be harsher. People are still maxing out players rather easily as it is. Making it easier goes back to the days of fuckin 99s in every stat again. Sths is not made for everyone to have all 99s, it's random enough now as it is. The problem is we have a shit ton of maxed players so there aren't spots for the 4-500 tpe guys anymore so expansion would make sense but ffs don't go back to all 99s, was stupid then and is stupid now.

did I say make it easier to max out? It's possible to adjust the scale so its the same to max out but easier to make a somewhat decent player. IF people are able to be decent and effective in the SHL quicker it would stop the logjam of sending down that go down in the SMJHL every season.

I want to create a situation where the SMJHL is dominated by the rookies instead of dominated by the send downs. There should be a select few send downs every season that only get stuck because of being drafted to contenders. I don't know what kind of adjustment that needs to happen but something there needs to happen.

I remember getting signed to a shitty junior team back in the S8 and playing top line minutes and being Point Per Game. I think we need to somehow adjust it somehow.

Making the updating scale harsher will just create a bigger send down a problem in the SMJHL which I think is something that we should be trying to fix.

Your premise is incorrect, there would be more room for people in smjhl to come up if there weren't so many high level tpe players on each team. 400 Tpe on a team with 9 guys with 1000 or above means the guy goes back down. If that team has 6 1000tpe guys he would probably play. The scale is not the issue it's that theres no room.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

10-02-2018, 05:08 PMBarnabasCollins Wrote: Your premise is incorrect, there would be more room for people in smjhl to come up if there weren't so many high level tpe players on each team. 400 Tpe on a team with 9 guys with 1000 or above means the guy goes back down. If that team has 6 1000tpe guys he would probably play. The scale is not the issue it's that theres no room.

That's why you also expand the league, follow along here dude.