Create Account

Three suggestions for the league

Update scale is fine, if anything it should be harsher. People are still maxing out players rather easily as it is. Making it easier goes back to the days of fuckin 99s in every stat again. Sths is not made for everyone to have all 99s, it's random enough now as it is. The problem is we have a shit ton of maxed players so there aren't spots for the 4-500 tpe guys anymore so expansion would make sense but ffs don't go back to all 99s, was stupid then and is stupid now.

Maybe learn how to read?

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

450 SMJHL TPE Cap

Has Activity Increased Enough based on AC for an expansion

I agree with update scale

10-02-2018, 05:18 PMBarnabasCollins Wrote: Update scale is fine, if anything it should be harsher. People are still maxing out players rather easily as it is. Making it easier goes back to the days of fuckin 99s in every stat again. Sths is not made for everyone to have all 99s, it's random enough now as it is. The problem is we have a shit ton of maxed players so there aren't spots for the 4-500 tpe guys anymore so expansion would make sense but ffs don't go back to all 99s, was stupid then and is stupid now.

Maybe learn how to read?

So how is my premise incorrect?

There are two reasons why there is a large amount of send downs A) Not a lot of spots are open in the SHL B)If there are spots open you would just have a shitty season.

The expansion would solve point a.

Adjusting the updating scale so it's easier to make a decent player so a)Semi-active members can create a decent player b)you don't need to spend time developing and getting ready for shl competition.

I would adjust it so its easier to make a player around 550-600 tpe in the SHL and be a solid player that can support star players. Because I think at most you should spend 1 more season in the SMJHL and try to limit that issue. If we cut down the send downs in the SMJHL it would also open a lot of spots for rookies to claim and have too in the SMJHL. I am open to any idea to limit send downs in the SMJHL because that is one of the biggest problems in this league right now.

The problem is if you adjust the scale you adjust it for all. The reason people have shitty sims with lower tpe is that theres so many with higher. Adjusting the scale does not change that, the gap is still there due to the number of players. If you spread those players out and people have to start using 4-500 tpe guys on the 3rd lines across the board their numbers will go up. Numbers are shitty now because those guys would be on 4th line. When you have all the huge tpe guys they do all the scoring. Spreading them out gives more roles and hence better numbers. They get shitty numbers because they play behind craploads of high tpe guys on their team limiting their opportunities. If you adjust the scale the same high tpe guys just have even higher stats, the gap never narrows. Its the number of people with high tpe counts per team that is the issue.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

1) Expansion is coming soon enough
2) 350 TPE cap is fine
3) Update scale is fine

/thread

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

No matter when you start there's always going to be players with more accumulated TPE, there's no changing that. No matter what you do with your player, you can't catch up to thr veterans that quickly cause thats the way the league is designed. You have to reward the dedicated.
Now why is it so important for rookies to get big minutes in the SMJHL? Isn't the SMJHL supposed to teach new players the ropes, why would that mot include "if you want top minutes in fantasy hockey you need to put in the same effort as the next guy over"?? Just because you get to have a great player for a season or two does not mean all of a sudden you wanna grind 3rd line minutes I'm the SHL?

I think we should teach and reward the dedicated, even in the rookie league. Cause your gonna need that if you wanna make a big impact player, and there's plenty of people who do.

RETIRED

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2018, 06:27 PM by Beaver.)

10-02-2018, 02:30 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote: It needs to be changed so that its easier to make a decent player but its harder to make a great player but not change how much it takes to make a max player.

It's going to be almost impossible to get an update scale that accomplishes all three of those without totally overhauling the system. If you make 80 a brick wall where it's easy to get there and hard to advance past it then it'll make it harder to make a great player but it's also going to make maxing out way more expensive while not making a decent player much cheaper. If you it 90 then there simply aren't enough stats that will ever hit that to make it sufficiently punishing.

You'd have to really over-engineer this by making the update scale progressively harder with each stat you raise past a threshold in order to accomplish all three of those. Something along the lines of:
0-70 - same
70-80 - 3 TPE
80-90 - 5 TPE for the first stat past 80, 6 TPE for the second, 7 TPE for the third, etc to 10
90-99 - 15 TPE for the first stat past 90, 20 TPE for the second, and 30 TPE for the third

About to leave work so just whipping together a quick calculation for the above that'd be:
Decent player (3 stats at 90, 4 stats at 80, weakness at 40) - 800 TPE with current update scale, 670 TPE with the over-engineered update scale
Great player (3 strengths maxed, 2 stats at 90, 2 stats at 80, weakness at 40) - 1284 TPE with current update scale, 1425 TPE with the over-engineered update scale

Then you'd have to continue tweaking it so that maxing out is the same TPE as it is now which would result in an even more confusing and convoluted update scale. Good luck, updaters.

I think an easier way to accomplish your goals here would be to overhaul the strength/weakness system instead. Make every player pick 2 weaknesses: 1 of CH, ST, and PH and 1 of SK, SC, PA, and DF then make the weakness update scale even steeper so that raising your weaknesses to 60 or 70 is cheaper but raising them to 85 is more expensive (instead of starting at 40 and having it go 2/6/12 make it start at 60 and go 10/20 or something).

Not sure of the exact numbers since I'm heading out the door but I think it'd be easy enough to set it up in such a way that it's cheaper than it is now to build a "decent" (at least what I'm picturing as decent) player that's something like 90 Scoring, Defense, and Puck Handling; 80 Passing and Strength; 60 Checking and Skating (weaknesses) while more expensive than it is now to build a "great" (again, my definition) player that's something like 99 Scoring, Defense, and Puck Handling; 90 Passing and Strength; 85 Skating (weakness); 60 Checking (weakness).

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

Tbh I like banking. It means I don't have to worry about fucking with my build or leaving fractions on attributes

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page